Author Topic: The Amazing Race 20 so far!  (Read 2398 times)

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Amazing Race 20 so far!
« on: April 04, 2012, 07:41:44 AM »
Since we now are halfway through The Amazing Race 20, i tough i could be fun, to hear peoples reactions to the season so far.

I think that it so far, have been a great season, i personally love it when a team or two dominate the race like Rachel & Dave and Art & J.J. have done.

I would have liked to see stronger all Females teams on TAR 20.

The route have been cool and some off the tasks have been good, like the cattle task in Argentina, watermelon pyramid in Paraguay.

Also the return of the Fastforward have been superb.

I also hope to see the return of the Switchback!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
Re: The Amazing Race 20 so far!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:04:19 AM »
Everything is strictly in my opinion

Since we now are halfway through The Amazing Race 20, i tough i could be fun, to hear peoples reactions to the season so far.

I think that it so far, have been a great season, i personally love it when a team or two dominate the race like Rachel & Dave and Art & J.J. have done.

Gonna disagree on that one. I dislike when a team (or two) keep winning, I find it more fun and enjoyable seeign as many teams win as possible.

I would have liked to see stronger all Females teams on TAR 20.

Could not agree more. The female teams (with the exception of Maiya and Misa) are good this year, but are underwhelming compared to some amazing female teams. (Dustin and Kandice, Charla and Mirna, Jaime and Cara, Kisha and Jen, etc..). At least Nary and Jamie are still in it, who knows how far they will go.

The route have been cool and some off the tasks have been good, like the cattle task in Argentina, watermelon pyramid in Paraguay.

Also agree, although I thought the Buenos Aires leg was uninteresting (besides the cattle). The route is pretty darn good and looks to be of longer-than-average length.

Also the return of the Fastforward have been superb.

I don't agree. I've never enjoyed having the fastforward just once or twice in a season. The FF is a kind of tool that has lost its original meaning, back when it was on every leg, it was a tool of survival, a glimmer of hope for teams that are way behind. The fact that only one person can take it every leg only once also adds an incredible amount of strategy skills a team needs. It's fascinating.

Nowadays it's basically a tool that saves time, the first person to get the clue almost always takes it only to allow them to reach first place and have a time advantage (that'll most likely be gone with an equalizer). That is far less interesting imo and just seems to not have any strategy to it. You get to it first then do it, congratulations, you're first.

While there is some strategy involved, like when more than one team goes to take it, it's peanuts compared to the early use of the FF. I just think that, imo, the FF should either be on every leg (except the last few ones) or just not be included at all.

I also hope to see the return of the Switchback!

Wouldn't mind seeing it return since it brings back a lot of nostalgia, but why did they wait so long? It almost seems like a bit of a gimmick to me, like the hazard from season 19.

Other thoughts,

The casting this season is great, season 19 had an incredibly forgettable cast (except Bill and Cathi) that made that season a slight snoozefest. Luckily, the personalities we have now are all interesting in some way. My favorites are the awesome countries boys with a really good reason to want the money, making rooting for them even easier; the Jersey Shore guys that are more than what they seem (and far more likeable than a similar frat boy team from season 9 which I will not name, *hint, they talk about nothing but girls*); The quircky personality, Vanessa, who is feisty and spurts out some of the best one-liners ever on the show; The big brother team you either hate-to-love or love-to-hate, etc...

There's only one bad team right now that's left in the race. Two other bad teams have been eliminated really early, which is an added bonus.

Yep, love the casting

Bring on the 21!

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
Re: The Amazing Race 20 so far!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:50:03 PM »
It's definitely an improvement from last season. The route, casts & tasks are 200% better. FF was disappointing tho. And the editing is super horrible.
Best team airtime editing they had was in season 17. We get to see all the team's personality. Even Ron & Tony were memorable.

So far, I'd rate this season 7/10. Good points for the drama, interesting tasks & beautiful locations. Bad points for the editing  and lots of fillers teams.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James