Author Topic: Ep 2 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read post 1&2!!!**  (Read 35480 times)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ep 2 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read post 1&2!!!**
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2012, 10:35:31 PM »
I'm curious, how many teams have won the first two legs?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2012, 10:39:29 PM »
TAR US : Rob and Amber are the only ones .
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2012, 10:39:49 PM »
Now followed by Rachel and Dave,of course.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2012, 10:40:12 PM »

Only one - Rob & Amber did it on TAR11, and they won the first three legs. Ernie & Cindy almost did it last season, if it wasn't for the money donating!

LOL, Declive beat me to the answer! :lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2012, 10:40:57 PM »

Only one - Rob & Amber did it on TAR11, and they won the first three legs. Ernie & Cindy almost did it last season, if it wasn't for the money donating!

LOL, Declive beat me to the answer! :lol:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: Sorry buddy,i'm just on fire today here.

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2012, 10:51:43 PM »
The location was kinda bland. So are the tasks. And finally, Nary & Jamie got an airtime. Now only the twins are left unloved by the editors.

Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2012, 11:11:40 PM »
I must say that the preview shown for next week is really exciting! I have high expectations for next week! :conf:

As for this episode, the live stream I was watching was breaking up a bit (particularly at the beginning of the episode) so I didn't really see the Detour very well, but I enjoyed the Roadblock! Great task! :)

So sad that Dave & Cherie are out! Such a loveable team! :'(

Joey "Fitness" + Andrew working together to get rid of Dave & Cherie </3

But it is Team Border Patrol who is the only team I don't like. (:;)

any reason a lot of you guys dont like Border Patrol Agents? IDK why? They seem fine to me. So happy the beat Brachael this time. I HATE BRACHAEL!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2012, 11:24:54 PM »
Phew. It's airing right now for me so I'm going to watch it right now. Thanks for updating guys. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2012, 12:17:58 AM »
We missed you! But go enjoy the show!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2012, 12:18:36 AM »
Just finished watching it on the episode!  Dave and Cherie :'( I wish they could've lasted longer but I loved their exit off the mat!  I'm really not liking Art & JJ after this episode.  I'm glad Nary & Jamie (Federal Agents "Teachers") finally got some more airtime and that both F/F teams survived!  Lucky break with that Bus #2 incident though! 

Brendon & Rachel did not disappointment at all this week!  "You have a booger on your nose"  :lol3:  I can't wait to see this rivalry between Brenchel and the Border Patrol Agents unravel this season!  I also can't wait for the start of this impending Rachel vs. Vanessa feud!

I hope Elliot & Andrew get some more airtime next week, as they're the only team left who's been fairly invisible so far.  They were shown in the preview but things don't seem to look too good for them.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2012, 12:44:59 AM »
any reason a lot of you guys dont like Border Patrol Agents? IDK why? They seem fine to me. So happy the beat Brachael this time. I HATE BRACHAEL!

You are completely entitled to your opinion :<3 but I personally find the Border Patrol Agents to come off as quite rude towards (most) other teams and overly competitive. As someone mentioned earlier, they were going to go crazy for coming in second place.

And finally, Nary & Jamie got an airtime.

IKR! :yess:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Detoured

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2012, 01:44:51 AM »
Art & JJ are the best, big brother team are morons.

Hmmm. Art & JJ seemed to be the morons who couldn't find the location of their task and just lucked into their second place finish because they had randomly chose the task that could be finished much quicker than the boiling water task EVEN WHEN they were too stupid to quickly find the location of the task.

Offline Detoured

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2012, 01:52:04 AM »

Art and JJ

They did very very well, or the detour was easy?

Bingo! These two doofuses took forever to even find their detour task, but luckily for them it was much quicker than boiling water (which everyone else chose) , so their dumb luck trumped their stupidity.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2012, 02:00:55 AM »
This race is off to a good start. Almost every time the race visits argentina we get some sort of horse challenge. instead we've gotten empanadas, skydiving, solar panels and the world's largest cattle market, not bad! Next week's Paraguay looks like something we haven't seen before in South America episode - melons, harps, slides and bottle dancing  :hrt:
It looks to be a great episode!

other thoughts from this episode:
- Nary and Jamie got some decent screen time!  :conf:
- the detour was average, i like how the editors included Vanessa's 'we get to give back to the town'   :)
- the Roadblock was good but would've been more fun if there were more people at the market  :jam:
- sadly Andrew and Elliot aren't getting enough screen time, we know there is a good chance they get eliminated next episode, its a shame we didn't see more of them  :gaah:
- i instantly hated Art and J.J., strangely enough they've grown on me and given me a louie and michael vibe, i like them  :tup:
- KERRI AND STACY'S AWESOME ROUTINE AT THE PIT STOP  :hoot:
- im so glad Andrew knew who Maradona was! and the footage of the playing soccer together  :lol:
- i am really liking Vanessa and Ralph, i absolutely LOVE Vanessa's quotes and she seems smart, Ralph isn't bad, he seems like a good teammate and doesn't say stupid things  :hrt:
- 'you have a booger on your nose' - Rachel   :lol3:

DavidJunior

« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2012, 02:45:12 AM »
Ugh... Rachel was almost unbearable this episode... (It really doesn't help that I know someone who acts exactly like her ALL DAY, EVERY DAY...)

And I'm siding with the Border Patrol Agents on this whole fued thing...

I would not be happy if: a.) I found out that a team from another reality show is on the rece, b.) They already won money, c.) They overtly display a dislike of my profession, d.) Automatically judge my teammate and me because of it.

Just sayin...

Offline Detoured

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2012, 03:03:58 AM »
So Brendon hated Bopper and Mark huh? Idiot.

What's your source for this supposed "hate" of Mark and Bopper? I've never heard of either  Brenchel or M&B saying anything but good words about each other.

In this clip, it sounds like Brenchel got to know and like Mark and Bopper before they teamed up to help each other with  the cow math...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ05AmLzJxE?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ05AmLzJxE?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2012, 04:04:55 AM »
Is it just me or did the editors make lots of references to Dave and Rachel's Express Pass?

I watched old episodes of Leg 2:
TAR17 Jill and Thomas say they win the Express Pass, and consider using it during the Roadblock
TAR18 Gary and Mallory don't mention it
TAR19 Ernie and Cindy don't mention it until Leg 4/5

I have a feeling these references from the editors are trying to tell us that Dave and Rachel's Pass will be used in either the next or following Leg #SPEC

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2012, 09:45:09 AM »
So Brendon hated Bopper and Mark huh? Idiot.

What's your source for this supposed "hate" of Mark and Bopper? I've never heard of either  Brenchel or M&B saying anything but good words about each other.

In this clip, it sounds like Brenchel got to know and like Mark and Bopper before they teamed up to help each other with  the cow math...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ05AmLzJxE?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ05AmLzJxE?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Sorry i got confused,Brandon don't like Art and JJ ,right?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2012, 10:18:17 AM »
Is it just me or is the race seem so rushed now compared to previous seasons like season 11.

With a 18 hour bus ride...ahnn

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2012, 10:23:52 AM »
The first episodes when we still have so many teams always seems crowded to me, we get more time with each team when we get down to 6 or so.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2012, 10:28:36 AM »
The first episodes when we still have so many teams always seems crowded to me, we get more time with each team when we get down to 6 or so.

Ditto

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »

You are completely entitled to your opinion :<3 but I personally find the Border Patrol Agents to come off as quite rude towards (most) other teams and overly competitive. As someone mentioned earlier, they were going to go crazy for coming in second place.

I don't mind Art/JJ at all really. But I have never disliked teams that were "overly competitive" to other viewers. For instance everyone always griped about the Globetrotters and the slide incident but I thought it was funny.
Teams don't come on the race to smell the roses and give all the other teams a hug :lol: I like nice people but don't knock someone for being serious about the game. Vanessa is that way too and most people like her. I think there is just a thing against strong male teams for no reason.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Detoured

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2012, 04:10:49 PM »
I don't mind Art/JJ at all really. But I have never disliked teams that were "overly competitive" to other viewers. For instance everyone always griped about the Globetrotters and the slide incident but I thought it was funny.
Teams don't come on the race to smell the roses and give all the other teams a hug :lol: I like nice people but don't knock someone for being serious about the game. Vanessa is that way too and most people like her. I think there is just a thing against strong male teams for no reason.

Some people see them as competitive. I see them as obsessed with and fearful of getting beat by Brendon and Rachel... but then again,  that might just be Art trying to compete with Rachel for the title of biggest drama queen of the season.  :bags

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2012, 03:57:59 AM »
Along with most of you, I found this leg pretty meh.

The main factor was the mid-leg travelling, which was pretty <//////3. I love the fact of a random factor that the bus broke down and put several teams 2 hours behind, but seriously, it sucks to be teams on the second bus. It saved Nary and Jaime, but it killed the clowns. HOWEVER, I believe Nary and Jaime will still beat the clowns because Dave cannot count and ultimately, it seemed like the producer just told the person to award him the clue to save time. It didn't seem like if he don't know Maths, he can get it instantly either.

The Detour was actually quite decent and creative. LOVED the solar panel detour but the other one was just... erm, random? Like seriously... it should have a llama kicking Art and JJ in the ass.

Dave and Cherie missed the first bus by a few moments right? Wonder what would have happened if they actually caught the first bus! The thing about the Roadblock is that I didn't like it when teams work together for a Roadblock task. I mean, if they work together to solve something immensely difficult together like a puzzle clue or some physical tasks... I would have understand. I just HATE HATE HATE it whenever teams just share a SINGLE answer and TADA, they get the clue. There should be lesser tasks like that on the race!

For example, Kerri and Stacey shared with Joey and Danny how to build the system at the Detour/Dave and Rachel showed Dave and Cherie as well.. but they all need to go and do their own one in order to receive their next clue. The Roadblock basically defeats the purpose of a task and this sucks. Sucks real bad.

Not a very good leg IMO... :groan:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2012, 07:49:06 AM »
TV shows us he solved it. But till the last moments there were no bidders around, no more commotions of bidding going on. He was just practically doing his own maths with no activity around him. It really made me think if he did finish the task or not.