Author Topic: The Amazing Race 20 airdates in Australia  (Read 9347 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Amazing Race 20 airdates in Australia
« on: February 13, 2012, 12:44:25 AM »
Hello

I have just found out that Season 20 of The Amazing Race will air in Australia on from Wednesday,February 22nd at 9:30 on channel 7 following  'My Kitchen Rules' and 'Please Marry My Boy'.

This would mean that the 2nd season of Australian verson of The Amazing Race will air druing the summer hiatas of the US verson of the show.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:23:24 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Re: The Amazing Race airdates in Australia
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 12:47:41 AM »
 :yess:    :wohoo:    :yess:

so they move up one day from THU to WED....

the two previous shows were great too, but I like 'Please Marry My boy' better.. before TAR follows...

by the way, what makes the post-editing progress for TAR AUS being a bit slow... :(
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race airdates in Australia
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 03:15:56 AM »
what makes the post-editing progress for TAR AUS being a bit slow... :(

I dont think its slow but i think 7 want to have 2 seasons of TAR running at the same time and they want to keep spollers of the US verson to a Minimum so it all makes sence why they air it like this .
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:21:48 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: The Amazing Race 20 airdates in Australia
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:29:13 AM »
Wow, I'm excited and surprised that it is on this early. Usually the even-numbered seasons are several weeks - if not several months - behind the USA. For example, I recall TAR14 starting in July in Australia and TAR16 was only a little earlier in the year. TAR18 was close behind the USA, but it was shown on Seven Mate, which was a little random...

Usually the odd-numbered seasons are 3-4 days behind the USA, airing every Thursday after the show airs in the USA. So now we have Wednesday, which will make this the closest Australia has ever been to the USA in terms of TAR! :hoot: (At least as far back as I can remember, which is quite far. :lol: )

Although I am a little upset at Wednesday - From TAR5 until TAR19, the show has always aired on Thursdays in Australia, with the exception of the last two episodes of TAR15 airing on Tuesdays and the really weird TAR18 airing on Sundays and Wednesdays on Seven Mate. Maybe the Thursday tradition is dead? :duno:

I was hoping Criminal Minds would start soon in the Wednesday 8:30pm or 9:30pm timeslot, with TAR starting on Thursdays, like it usually was, but I guess this should be even better! :tup: I am also really into My Kitchen Rules, so I will watch that before TAR. :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 02:03:27 PM »
9:30?  :gaah: Hopefully that "Please marry my boy" gets bad ratings and gets the boot.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 06:24:08 PM »
Yes I have been basically dying from race withdrawal symptoms! Haha, so when is it speculated that the second season of The Amazing Race Australia will air? After TAR US 20 and take over its timeslot? Or perhaps fill up the one of Please Marry My Boy as I can't imagine that going on forever?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 11:00:09 PM »
I don't watch Please Marry My Boy, but I can't imagine that show would go on for a very long time. I think tonight will be Episode #3, and so on the 22nd, it will be Episode #5. I don't think a show like that could possibly be more than 10 episodes max, so I can imagine it ending soon. :tup: (Unless more contestants will come on... :duno: )

However, I don't know whether TAR will move into the 8:30 timeslot? :duno: Wednesday 8:30pm is when Criminal Minds is often shown, and Channel Seven hasn't even started showing the seventh season of that show, which started in September in the US. I am just spectulating, of course! :lol:

Also, My Kitchen Rules is currently on four nights a week. Last year it was only three nights a week. Maybe as the team numbers decrease on that show, they will cut down the number of days per week, freeing up Thursday? :duno:

Either way, I just realised that Wednesday the 22nd is the same day as my university orientation day, and so at least I will have something to look forward to on that day! :lol:

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 02:12:52 AM »
9:30?  :gaah: Hopefully that "Please marry my boy" gets bad ratings and gets the boot.
I hope so too. I hate the show and 9:30  is way too late . I will probaliy tape it and watch it Thursday unless Channel 7 move it up to 9:00 at the least.

Off topic: Love your new username.

I was hoping Criminal Minds would start soon in the Wednesday 8:30pm or 9:30pm timeslot, with TAR starting on Thursdays, like it usually was, but I guess this should be even better! :tup: I am also really into My Kitchen Rules, so I will watch that before TAR. :tup:
I know it was on thursday since TAR 5 (minus TAR 18, TAR AU1 and the last 3 eps of TAR 15) but at least we get it a day eariler so we get less spoilers from everyone in the states.

Off topic: I cant wait to see the QLD Doctor and Lawer team cook in 15 minutes (Australian South Eastean Time) as they always find little ways to criticize the other teams. Heres some classic ones.
It was a little bit too salty
It was more like a salad with a grapefruit ganish than a grapefruit salad.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:29:54 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 02:19:34 AM »
Can TAR Aus production at least update the website... with the new links to TAR US Season 20 videos or whatever...  It's been too long.... -__-"
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 02:42:31 AM »
Can TAR Aus production at least update the website... with the new links to TAR US Season 20 videos or whatever...  It's been too long.... -__-"
I know, its preety muched been untouched since the finale of TAR AU 1

Anyway I saw a 10 sec promo for TAR 20 while watching MKR. It went something like this.
You will be surpised when you see what the yanks will do for $1,000,000. The Amazing Race next Wednesday on 7
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:16:25 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 10:08:43 AM »
I know it was on thursday since TAR 5 (minus TAR 18, TAR AU1 and the last 3 eps of TAR 15) but at least we get it a day eariler so we get less spoilers from everyone in the states.

Off topic: I cant wait to see the QLD Doctor and Lawer team cook in 15 minutes (Australian South Eastean Time) as they always find little ways to criticize the other teams. Heres some classic ones.
It was a little bit too salty
It was more like a salad with a grapefruit ganish than a grapefruit salad.

Yes, that's true! I like the one day earlier! If I'm not called in to work, I will definitely watch on Wednesday, otherwise I will watch first thing Thursday morning! :tup:

Off Topic: That Queensland team was just horrible. They can't even cook... :groan: :groan: :groan: The teams who criticise always are the ones who can't even cook! :lol:

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 03:07:44 AM »
Off topic : I started a My Kitchen Rules thead in the other reality show area.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26860.msg714155.html#new

I saw a meet the teams of TAR 20 promo on the website but its nothing new.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:17:15 AM by theamazingracer21 »

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 12:42:46 AM »
I am disipointed to say that TAR will return in australia after its 1 week break at the new timeslot of 10:30

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 06:05:43 AM »
I am disipointed to say that TAR will have another week break (in australia) due to a double episode of Titanic. We should catch up next week when both India episodes air back to back.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 06:08:25 AM »
I am disipointed to say that TAR will have another week break (in australia) due to a double episode of Titanic. We should catch up next week when both India episodes air back to back.

WHAT?!?  (:;) Channel 7 is really useless  :res:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 08:18:41 AM »
No TAR tomorrow? That's depressing. :'(

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 06:13:38 PM »

WHAT?!?  (:;) Channel 7 is really useless  :res:

Tell me about it, but at least its a double episode when it comes back.