Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 1: "Tears Of A Clown" (Santa Barbara, Argentina)  (Read 61527 times)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Re: TAR 20 Ep 1: "Tears Of A Clown" (Santa Barbara, Argentina)
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 07:24:16 PM »
These pictures, I will spec is the Route Info task (or Detour) located inside the Patios de Cafayate Hotel & Spa in Cafayate, Argentina

It appears that this task might be the last task before they can check in at the pit stop for LEG-1, and as we often hear, "make your way on foot (or search the area) for your next pit stop!"

And the dish that they were making is called EMPANADA :

Argentine empanadas are often served at parties as a starter or main course, or in festivals. Shops specialize in freshly made empanadas, with many flavors and fillings.
The dough is usually of wheat flour and butter with fillings differing from province to province: in some it is mainly chicken in others beef (cubed or ground depending on the region), perhaps spiced with cumin and paprika, while others include onion, boiled egg, olives, or raisins. Empanadas can be baked (Salta style) or fried (Tucuman style). They may also contain ham, fish, humita (sweetcorn with white sauce) or spinach; a fruit filling is used to create a dessert empanada. Empanadas of the interior regions can be spiced with peppers. Many are eaten at celebrations.

In restaurants where several types are served, a repulgue, or pattern, is added to the pastry fold. These patterns indicate the filling. The fill of the Empanada determines the form of the repulgue, for example a cylindrical form would suggest a chocolate prunes filling. In Tucuman, this type of Empanadas was banned, since, in the opinion of the local public, the tender of their taste was too avant-garde.

Tucumán Province
This province hosts The National Empanada Festival, in the city of Famaillá.
The only varieties are: beef, mondongo, chicken, with the latter two being the most authentic.
Preferably cooked in a clay oven in a tray of fat, or in a gas oven
The empanada Tucumana is hearty - the meat filling being minced into 3 mm pieces, then partially cooked and allowed to cool while it absorbs juices. Cooking is finished along with the final baking.
In addition to meat, spring onions, pimento and vinegar are added. Potatoes, peas, and olives are rarely used in the Tucuman preparation.

The dough is simply prepared from flour, water, and lard.
A traditional celebratory meal in Tucumán might include: empanadas, locro Tucumano and meat tamales, and to drink wine from Amaicha del Valle, or Colalao del Valle. Cheese from Tafí del Valle with honey and/or bitter orange syrup as a dessert.

Salta Province
Empanadas from Salta are called salteñas, and are distinct from Tucumán-style empanadas as they are smaller and baked without the addition of fat or oil. Typical fillings include carne suave or picante - beef or spicy beef, cheese, ham, or chicken. The beef versions typically have potato, egg, red pepper, and green onion with the meat.

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »
For the starting line task: Teams "search 100 hot air balloons for their first clue sitting in a basket at Bridlewood Winery in Santa Barbara, Ca on THE AMAZING RACE"

"In this Active Route Marker, [Teams] must make 120 empanadas in order to receive the next clue in Cafayate, Argentina on THE AMAZING RACE"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 08:12:04 PM »
Thanks CBS!! :lol3:

HA! Spoilers galore!! A route Info, the RB we had, but the Pitstop too??  :ty4posting   :lol:

Thank you SO much WP!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 08:40:53 PM »
Also, the picture of the twins at the empanadas task was taken at 9:07AM and the one of the sisters was taken at 11:02AM.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 08:45:32 PM »
These pictures, I will spec is the Route Info task (or Detour) located inside the Patios de Cafayate Hotel & Spa in Cafayate, Argentina

In this Active Route Marker, Dating divorcees Ralph and Vanessa must make 120 empanadas in order to receive the next clue in Cafayate, Argentina...

Great pics! Thanks for the MAP Neobie!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 08:57:25 PM »
My spec (based on multiple things) of who is safe this episode in no particular order:

Safe:

Mark/Bopper
Brendon/Rachel
Vanessa/Ralph
Nary/Jaime
Elliot/Andrew
Dave/Rachel

Possibly in danger:

Kerri/Stacey
Misa/Maiya
Joey/Danny
Cherie/David

Unknown:

Art/JJ

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 09:00:34 PM »
Thanks CBS!! :lol3:

HA! Spoilers galore!! A route Info, the RB we had, but the Pitstop too??  :ty4posting   :lol:

Thank you SO much WP!

Yeah, it's like I don't even need to watch to see what happens.  :lol:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 09:11:54 PM »
The first flight from Buenos Aires into Salta arrives at 8.40am and our first timestamp is at 7.53am, so I think the camera is set to Pacific Time, 5 hours behind Argentina. Assuming the same camera was used for the Argentinean photos, we have:

GROUP ONE (most likely safe)
Nary skydiving: 12.53pm
Vanessa skydiving: 12.59pm
Elliot skydiving: 1.17pm
Vanessa and Ralph empanadas: 1.52pm
Elliot and Andrew empanadas: 2.07pm

GROUP TWO
David and Cherie empanadas: 3.52pm
Kerri and Stacy empanadas: 3.58pm
Misa and Maiya empanadas: 4.02pm
Joey and Danny empanadas: 4.07pm

Flights from Buenos Aires arrived at 8.40am, 10.00am, 11.01am, 1.40pm... Considering the two-hour drive from Salta Airport to Cafayate, anything after the 11.01am flight can be discarded. The gap between the two groups seem to be around two hours rather than one, so I'm assuming that teams were split onto the first two flights of the day from Buenos Aires to Salta?

Group One: AR 2450 from Buenos Aires AEP to Salta: 0625-0840
Group Two: OY 854 from Buenos Aires AEP to Salta: 0750-1000
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:19:57 PM by Neobie »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »
I am absolutely amazed about all the photo timestamps. You can see how much time the crew spent filming the bikes (obviously more than once), being at the start line, and getting to the first task.
Even after 20 seasons now, we're still seeing new things about the production side of things. Gotta love it!
-- theschnauzers

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 11:08:14 PM »
that food they were making looked yummy! :hrt: BTW are we going to have a PBP thread when the show starts Sunday or use this one :umn:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 11:20:52 PM »
PBP? ??? We always have a show disc thread, I'll put it up Sunday.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 11:23:08 PM »
we will get a hazard penalty this season? :o

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 11:57:57 PM »
PBP? ??? We always have a show disc thread, I'll put it up Sunday.

oops I meant Play by Play used to that short form, thanks peach. :tup:

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 01:16:44 PM »
There's a new clip (1:56 long) from the premiere with Phil's opening monologue to the teams at the start line. Things to note:

-He mentions the Express Pass, which can be used up until Leg 8.
 -The starting line task involves 100 balloons but only 11 have clues.  There is no mention of a Hazard or any sort of penalty though.  <-- All the start line tasks in the past have had some sort of twist for the last team to complete it (S15 - Eric and Lisa's instant elimination; S18 - Amanda and Kris' Automatic U-Turn; S19 - Kaylani and Lisa's Hazard), so I find it odd that nothing was mentioned. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 01:20:17 PM »
Well, the elimination and the auto Uturn were too strict and the Hazard was too stupid, so maybe they decided just to put them on flights.

It kind of makes me think we could see another first leg NEL of some sort. Seasons 18 and 19 followed the set up in TAR15 with a starting line task and a first leg NEL. Could this one be doing the same?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 01:41:34 PM »
It may be that the start line clues also determine the flights for the teams out of the country. That would have a penalty or risk built in, and the producers wouldn't need a penalty. NEL or no NEL is hard to say from what we've seen; but from a viewer perspective, the lack of a first round elimination has been beneficial to getting to know the teams.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »
New video on CBS.com has Brendon/Rachel, Dave/Rachel, and Art/JJ skydiving at the same time, and with no other team in sight. We've now seen these three groups in Argentina, with Mark/Bopper missing:

Brendon/Rachel, Dave/Rachel, Art/JJ (could be first or second group)
Nary/Jamie, Vanessa/Ralph, Elliot/Andrew (could be first or second group)
David/Cherie, Kerri/Stacy, Misa and Maiya, Joey/Danny (most likely last group)

The gap between the Nary and Vanessa skydiving photos is 6min, and that bewteen Vanessa and Elliot 18min. I know it's possible the skydiving pictures were taken at different altitudes, but I suppose that's where Mark/Bopper most likely fits?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:04:06 PM by Neobie »

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 02:16:08 PM »
New video on CBS.com has Brendon/Rachel, Dave/Rachel, and Art/JJ skydiving at the same time, and with no other team in sight. We've now seen these three groups in Argentina, with Mark/Bopper missing:

Brendon/Rachel, Dave/Rachel, Art/JJ (could be first or second group)
Nary/Jamie, Vanessa/Ralph, Elliot/Andrew (could be first or second group)
David/Cherie, Kerri/Stacy, Misa and Maiya, Joey/Danny (most likely last group)

The gap between the Nary and Vanessa skydiving photos is 6min, and that bewteen Vanessa and Elliot 18min. I know it's possible the skydiving pictures were taken at different altitudes, but I suppose that's where Mark/Bopper most likely fits?

That looks like Mark at a table of empanadas behind the sisters, so they might be in the last group. But if they were in a skydiving group before, they could have gotten lost on the way from the airfield to the winery.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »
I believe we also see Dave & Cherie making empanadas behind Joey & Danny.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 03:31:50 PM »
By the way, Video new of TAR Ep 1 Coming!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HVoUSI2hyKk?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HVoUSI2hyKk?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNgIwxJ--64?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VNgIwxJ--64?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 03:58:50 PM »
Two hours is a bit too far to fall behind on a 11km stretch of highway... I'm guessing it's a 3-3-5 split then?

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2012, 04:08:15 PM »
Two hours is a bit too far to fall behind on a 11km stretch of highway... I'm guessing it's a 3-3-5 split then?

True. I wonder if a 3-3-3-2 split is possible? Like only 3 teams can go up at a time. I'm not sure of the timing tho

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2012, 05:58:12 PM »
Pretty sure I have a cap of Mark diving from the first DIVE IN clip...will check. Will have the vids ready for the rest of you soon!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2012, 06:06:13 PM »
Okay... so here I speak as we often assumed/spec'd about the starting line tasks....

Mostly, the Starting line task had some sort of LOGICAL ASPECT or HINTS or CLUES in one of those items the contestants need to be searched through,

On the plate numbers, we've seen two of those Japanese Letters...

On the umbrellas, there are hints telling them that if they use the word 'twice' it will make the clue at the top of the shrine make sense (or maybe sounds right : 'TAI'WAN - 'TAI'PEI)

Now,

Let's think of this season's starting line challenge,

There are 100 Air Balloons, 'ONLY' 11 (ELEVEN) contains the right clue (Route Info? Flights? we dunno  :duno: )

Among those 100 balloons, do you guys think there will be a certain patterns, hints, painted or maybe stick on the balloons, or maybe the basket have a certain designs...??   :duno:

or else, the worst scenario is they put just RANDOMLY....

Here's some caps...

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2012, 06:07:18 PM »
I thought I did these, will add them soon.

This is right after Elliot....
RFF's Golden Rule: