Author Topic: Amazing Race coincidences/irony/karma/poetic justice  (Read 55458 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race coincidences/irony/karma/poetic justice
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 10:26:13 PM »
Ron and Bill AND Ethan and Jenna were first to book the tickets on the first leg.
On the second leg,they faced the double elimination by themselves.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 07:33:11 AM »
this is only semi amazing race related but on the current season of the biggest loser australia there's a woman named Margie (with a hard g) on the over 30s girls team and a man named Luke on the under 30s boys team, they're both seen as fierce almost cut throat competitors. this season is also the first to feature a deaf contestant, Selena!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 11:18:52 PM »
Completely Coincidence.

"We both finished the starting line last. No, we're not related."

Lesson Learnt for all-female teams:
Don't put something on your head if you want to win the race. :lol:

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 05:52:27 AM »
"We both finished the starting line last. No, we're not related."
misa and maiya are sisters...

from this premiere: at the starting line, one of the twins was wearing a purple shirt with black shorts and the other a black shirt with purple shorts haha i highly doubt its a coincidence but i feel it belongs here

and i think someone else mentioned it somewhere but phil encouraged teams to "jump right on the mat" or something to that effect after last season's standing in front of the mat effect, a subtle gem.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 09:13:38 AM »
misa and maiya are sisters...

You didn't get the full joke apparently. :lol:

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 06:15:47 PM »
You didn't get the full joke apparently. :lol:
ah youre saying that kaylani and lisa are not related to misa and maiya... i thought that was a given. i was under the impression that you were comparing misa and maiya to kaylani and lisa as a ff team who look alike but are not related like jaime and cara as another example or even katie and rachel. i get what you mean ^^

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 10:41:08 PM »
Here are 2 strange coincidences about Amanda and Kris from seasons 14 and 18. Ill do the obvious coincidence first.

1. (obvious) In both of their seasons, they were eliminated because of a u-turn.

2. In the legs before the leg of their elimination, TAR 14 Leg 3 and TAR 18 Leg 1, they finished second in both of them.

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2012, 05:34:03 AM »
This has the possibility to be foreshadowing (ok i just wanted to revive my own thread) but it's subtle and interesting, check it out for yourself

If my memory serves, Mark and Bopper have thus far had every "hot dog!" moment this season.

what is a "hot dog!" moment, you ask? the single clip after phil says "who will be eliminated tonight?" in the recap but before the intro, named of course after Bill and Cathi because that was the first one that came to mind ><

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2012, 06:59:53 AM »
Brendon and Rachel have broken the Big Brother team wins the first leg trend! (i.e. they didn't win the first leg) The irony is that they are already the most successful Big Brother/Race team no matter where they place from now on.
Most successful but yet to win a leg.

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2012, 08:23:20 PM »
Since two teams have already taken the fast forward, this will be the first season since S13 that a team who won the fast forward does not win the race (assuming of course that there won't be a shocking twist that allows two teams to win the race)

Season 20 will also be the first season to visit Africa without visiting a previously unvisited African country, which I find a little sad but oh well.

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 07:11:38 AM »
A shameless revival of one of my old posts? perhaps... ><

Season 20:
There were three clues that came at sunrise: The chasquis in Argentina, The fire temple in Azerbaijan and the Orange Gate in Hiroshima.
On the second Indian leg Dave and Rachel paid a ferry so that they would be the only ones on it, on the very next leg, Dave and Rachel were the only team not on the ferry in Japan.
While season 15's switchback was supposed to slow teams down (with haybales) no team was eliminated, Season 20's switchback was supposed to help a team (head shaving fast forward) but it only caused them to be eliminated (mark and bopper).
Season 20 was the first season since season 4 to have more than two fast forwards and a team of clowns; and the first time since season 3 to have a fast forward come in last (and both instances were all male teams).

the final 6 of season 20 actually almost match up with the final 6 of season 15
Winners: the overly competent couple with the blond female who was seen as the better racer, both teams won the first leg, a fast forward and the last four legs straight.
2nd: all male team who bickered with other teams and occasionally each other, excluding fast forwards both won two legs.
3rd: bickering couple that hadn't won any legs with the whining/crying/stressed out female
4th: Somewhat villainous team that had abrasive interactions with other teams
5th: All male team from the country, eliminated on the leg of their speed bump, won 1 leg.
6th: All female team that lied about their occupations, didn't win any legs and were close with one of the all male teams.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 12:00:25 PM »
the final 6 of season 20 actually almost match up with the final 6 of season 15
Winners: the overly competent couple with the blond female who was seen as the better racer, both teams won the first leg, a fast forward and the last four legs straight.
2nd: all male team who bickered with other teams and occasionally each other, excluding fast forwards both won two legs.
3rd: bickering couple that hadn't won any legs with the whining/crying/stressed out female
4th: Somewhat villainous team that had abrasive interactions with other teams
5th: All male team from the country, eliminated on the leg of their speed bump, won 1 leg.
6th: All female team that lied about their occupations, didn't win any legs and were close with one of the all male teams.
Wow, that's really interesting, but I can't remember - which M/M team were Nary & Jaime close to? :?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 02:57:14 PM »
Bopper and Mark.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 03:22:08 AM »
In the first and latest episode of The Amazing Race Australia 2, Shane and Andrew had trouble finding the buttons for their cars' boot and bonnet.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2013, 12:50:51 AM »
Seasons 15, 16, 17, and 22 all had only 1 fast forward for the whole race. The teams that won the ff went on to win the race.

In season 22, the teams that got on the 1st flight were eliminated consecutively. (10th --> 6th) The weakest among the 5 teams was the last among them to go.

In seasons 15 and 22, Maria & Tiffany and Chuck & Wynona were the 1st teams on the 1st flight. Both teams barely survived the 4th leg, and they both finished 6th.

In season 22, the team who came up with the idea of making the "express pass alliance" was the last team to arrive among the teams from the alliance.
A team member from the team who won the express passes started the 2nd leg saying "Loose Lips Sink Ships". Later on, they told a team who was not in the alliance about the alliance. That team later on gave their 2nd express pass to the 2nd team from their alliance, who used the express pass and won the leg. The team that gave them the pass was 2nd that leg. In the following leg, the team who had won 2 express passes was eliminated without even using their express pass.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2013, 12:56:21 AM »
S20:

Art and JJ: "We got beaten by a girl."

Rachel: "They're just mad that a girl beat them!"

FINALE:

Art beats Rachel at the Final Roadblock. :P

Offline PC0828

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2013, 05:22:05 PM »
In season 22, all except one team (Matt & Daniel) on the second flight from LAX beat the teams that were on the first flight from LAX.

1. Bates & Anthony   (second flight)
2. Max & Katie (second flight)
3. Mona & Beth (second flight)   
4. Caroline & Jennifer (second flight)   
5. Joey & Meghan (second flight)   
6. Chuck & Wynona   (first flight)   
7. Pam & Winnie (first flight)
8. Dave & Connor (first flight)
9. Jessica & John (first flight)   
10. Idries & Jamil (first flight)
11. Matt & Daniel (second flight)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2013, 06:43:58 PM »
Posted this a long time ago on the other topic "Some interesting facts, records..." :

TAR 21:
The team that finished 2nd on the first leg were eventually the 2nd team eliminated from the Race. (Amy & Daniel)
The team that finished 3rd on the first leg were eventually the 3rd team eliminated from the Race. (Caitlin & Brittany)
The team that finished 2nd-to-last on the first leg made it to the finale and placed 2nd overall. (Jaymes & James)
The team that finished 3rd-to-last on the first leg made it to the finale and placed 3rd overall. (Trey & Lexi)

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2013, 08:13:50 PM »
Oman curse on chad and stephanie,fran and barry.Both of them finish first on oman leg and immediately get eliminated on next leg

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2013, 11:23:15 PM »
If it's about 'karmas', the one that I can think right now is Hippies yielding MoJo (a footrace to the Yield mat with MoJo) then lost to them by seconds on a footrace for last place to the pit stop. My other favorite 'karma': 'Pray to our deceased grandmother to help us! Lying bitch! Bitch!' :lol: One of my favorite moments ever on TAR.
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2013, 09:13:14 PM »
Phil's voiceover at the start of Leg 4 of TARAS:

Will Rob & Amber continue their three leg winning streak or will another team knock them out of first place?

paldog123456

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2013, 09:42:04 PM »

Will Rob & Amber continue their three leg winning streak or will another team knock them out of first place?

That's one of my favorite episodes because the Mirna vs. Rob showdown! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<333333333333333

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2013, 09:38:53 AM »
Karma (sort of): In Leg 9 of Season 9, Eric & Jeremy (and Joseph) canceled the taxis of Ray & Yolanda and BJ & Tyler. Both teams' taxis didn't show up, as well as Eric & Jeremy's. :lol:

Even though this didn't matter since they were just going to the airport, it was still funny (for me) to watch.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2013, 04:05:56 PM »

One of the best episodes ever! I loved that introduction - it really made that episode one big parable about the demise of Rob & Amber. :lol3:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2013, 04:12:35 PM »
While behind in Alaska, the guidos accidentally stayed at the hotel used as the pit stop just as a resting because of HoO and all the other teams were like  :o how did u get here