Author Topic: TAR 20: Art Velez and J.J. Carrell *Border Patrol Agents*  (Read 91354 times)

jiajia12

Re: TAR 20: Art Velez and J.J. Carrell *Border Patrol Agents*
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2012, 04:20:15 PM »
Threatning Mark and Bopper. Disgusting Human Beings, Go home (:;)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »
How could any win be undeserving? It means they performed well or at least better than the others because TAR doesn't allow cheating.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2012, 09:26:27 PM »
so freakin' obnoxious. more so than Louis and Michael
THIS. I didn't think it was possible, but we found them. The team that makes Louis & Michael seem nice.  :'(

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2012, 10:22:26 PM »
They were incredibly annoying last episode. Their remarks about Nary & Jamie were so immature. They are two overweight middle age men acting like high school jocks.
JJ grow a beard and you can work part time as a mall Santa this holidays.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2012, 08:12:40 AM »
All the negativity about them is annoying. These guys have done so many good things, and they're owning at the race. Tell me again why everyone thinks they shouldn't win? Because they joke around and mess with people sometimes?

Here's an article on them.
http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/murrieta/murrieta-fundraiser-viewing-party-set/article_22446a33-c334-58b6-8e66-d89e8d268d75.html

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2012, 09:10:01 AM »
All the negativity about them is annoying. These guys have done so many good things, and they're owning at the race. Tell me again why everyone thinks they shouldn't win? Because they joke around and mess with people sometimes?

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/murrieta/murrieta-fundraiser-viewing-party-set/article_22446a33-c334-58b6-8e66-d89e8d268d75.html

Well, it's true I dislike them. But here's the thing:

I am sure they are nice, wholesome people. The articles just proves my hunch.

I always make sure to try and separate the racers on the show with who they are in real life, because it is unbelievable how editing can change someone drastically. So when I judge as annoying, cocky, egotistical, hypocritical, unfunny. I am judging the Art and JJ from the Amazing Race, not the Art and JJ in real life. It's completely different.

btw, still don't like them
Bring on the 21!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
I can't believe I'm going to quote him, but Nick from Season 17 made a good point. He said in an interview something like "Viewers aren't judging the people Nick & Vicky, they're judging the characters Nick & Vicky."

So the people who are saying that Art & J.J. are doing good things in real life because it feeds their ego (Nobody here is saying this), those people are stupid. These two are good guys in real life, but from the scenes on TV they are smug, smug, smug (but they're also a really strong team). Even watching some of the bonus scenes online make them look better.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2012, 01:02:54 PM »

I will give you the best possible reason they shouldn't win. Because there are smarter, faster and equally strong teams in this competition. I will cite both Rachel and David and Brendon and Rachel in that category.

no spoilers please
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:14:33 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »

Great point :tup:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2012, 01:46:56 PM »

I will give you the best possible reason they shouldn't win. Because there are smarter, faster and equally strong teams in this competition. I will cite both Rachel and David and Brendon and Rachel in that category..

I do not agree that Brendon and Rachel are faster and smarter than them. Art and JJ have consistently placed higher than them. Only once did they beat them and that was when they were second and Art/JJ were third. That was also the only leg in which Brenchel had a chance to come out on top, every other time they have been substantially behind the leader. On the other hand Art and JJ have won three legs.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:15:27 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »

I bet they're nice people in real life, but it doesn't make me like them any more when they're on screen... :res:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2012, 03:43:33 PM »

I bet they're nice people in real life, but it doesn't make me like them any more when they're on screen... :res:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2012, 06:28:18 PM »
I don't like them much either.  I also wonder if being men and stronger hasn't helped them get first place more often.  :umn:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2012, 06:30:31 PM »
I know, I loved it when they acted all high and mighty about not bringing their wives along and then Dave and Rachel beat them :lol3:

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2012, 08:11:28 PM »
These guys love the drama, they bring the drama from NOWHERE.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2012, 08:44:44 PM »
Ok, I'm tired of them now. They are running this race in a pompous and obnoxious way. They are giving a really poor example of themselves because most of the ten million viewers will not bother to find out if they are really nice irl.

What did Dave owe them that he had to Uturn Brenchel? And why do they only refer to that team as "Dave." Do they have a problem with women or something?

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2012, 04:39:40 AM »
Dear Art and JJ,

SHUT UP!

kevin

P.S. It is truly a shame you can't use another uturn. *sarcasm* Now you can't uturn Dave and Rachel in petty revenge, but they can still uturn you guys (which would be the smart thing to do).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:51:31 AM by kevin2012 »
Bring on the 21!

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2012, 05:43:37 AM »

they're not joking
Bring on the 21!

Offline compac171

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2012, 02:45:41 PM »
I do really like Art and J.J. but is true they are getting a little anoying in this last legs (sorry for the bad english :lol:)
Mexican teens love The Amazing Race too :D

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2012, 12:58:12 AM »
Ok, I'm tired of them now. They are running this race in a pompous and obnoxious way. They are giving a really poor example of themselves because most of the ten million viewers will not bother to find out if they are really nice irl.

What did Dave owe them that he had to Uturn Brenchel? And why do they only refer to that team as "Dave." Do they have a problem with women or something?
Reading through Nary & Jamie's interviews, that sounds like the case.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2012, 02:31:06 AM »
Just reading through Nary & Jamie's interviews makes me dislike Art & JJ even more. :lol:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2012, 03:58:23 AM »
Art and JJ are becoming worse and worse every leg, the Nary and Jaime interviews just make them hit rock bottom.

It's official, imo they are worse than the likes of Eric/Danielle, Eric/Jeremy, BJ/Tyler, FLlighttime/Big Easy, and Chad (season 17)

Congratulations Art and JJ, that's no small feat.
Bring on the 21!

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2012, 04:05:17 AM »
Art and JJ are becoming worse and worse every leg, the Nary and Jaime interviews just make them hit rock bottom.

It's official, imo they are worse than the likes of Eric/Danielle, Eric/Jeremy, BJ/Tyler, FLlighttime/Big Easy, and Chad (season 17)

Congratulations Art and JJ, that's no small feat.

Meh. You hate on a lot of the good teams in my opinion.

I'll just keep rooting for Art and JJ. And BJ and Tyler will forever be the best.  :hrt:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2012, 08:38:17 AM »
And BJ and Tyler will forever be the best a better team than most people make them out to be.  :hrt:

;D