Author Topic: The Bachlorette 8: Emily Maynard  (Read 20294 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
The Bachlorette 8: Emily Maynard
« on: January 18, 2012, 12:06:07 PM »
Emily Maynard Is the Next Bachelorette

Emily Maynard is looking for love on TV – again!

The sweet and likable winner of Brad Womack's season of The Bachelor will return to the franchise as the next star of The Bachelorette, show sources confirm to PEOPLE.

Maynard, whose rocky engagement to Womack ended last summer, was reluctant to appear on The Bachelorette because she didn't want to be away from her young daughter Ricki. But, a source says, the show is moving production to their hometown, Charlotte, N.C., to accommodate, Maynard, 25.

And who's hoping to be one of Maynard's suitors?

Bentley Williams, who famously burned Ashley Hebert on her season of The Bachelorette by wooing her while admitting to cameras that he had hoped Maynard would be the one handing out roses, is interested in competing, according to show sources.

ABC had no comment on the casting news.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20562452,00.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Re: The Bachlorette 8: Emily Maynard
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 02:15:16 AM »
Emily Maynard Is the Newest Bachelorette

Emily Maynard will look for another shot at love on ABC's next edition of The Bachelorette, according to US Weekly.

The 25-year-old single mom first appeared on Brad Womak's season of The Bachelor. Although the two got engaged in the finale, the relationship was strained by the time "After the Final Rose" aired. The eventually announced their split in June.

"Little red flags would come up in our relationship," she told Chris Harrison during a televised interview post-split. "I came to a point where I said, 'I have to be honest with myself and with this relationship,' and I realized that maybe my want for it to work out — I wanted to be married, and I wanted to have more children, and I wanted that with him — maybe overshadowed the actual reality of the relationship."

Season 8 of The Bachelorette will also see a change in location as filming will take place in Charlotte, N.C., where Maynard and daughter Ricky live. ABC declined to comment.

Do you think Emily will make a good Bachelorette?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Emily-Maynard-Bachelorette-1042008.aspx

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 11:02:41 AM »
Five Things Contestants Need to Know to Woo Emily Maynard

Before long, Emily Maynard will have a new crop of hopeful guys vying for her affection on the new season of The Bachelorette.

So what's the way to Maynard's heart? Here are five things her prospective suitors need to know about the 25-year-old single mom.

1. Her Daughter Comes First
Maynard and her 6-year-old, Ricki, are incredibly close. When Maynard left town to film The Bachelor with Texas bar owner Brad Womack, she vowed she'd never leave her daughter for such a long period of time again. That's why producers agreed to film a large portion of her upcoming season of The Bachelorette in her hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina. Guys had better know how to charm Ricki if they expect to have a chance with Maynard.

2. She's Loved and Lost Before
At 19, Maynard experienced a series of dramatic highs and lows. She became engaged to NASCAR driver Ricky Hendrick, who then died in a plane crash in October 2004. Just days after Ricky's death, Maynard learned she was pregnant. She named their only child after her late fiancé. Maynard remains very close with Hendrick's parents and still wears the Cartier bracelet Hendrick gave her as a symbol of the love they shared.

3. Brad's Not Out of Her Life
Even though they called off their engagement last June, Maynard and Womack are still friendly. Womack "taught me that I have it in me to love someone again," Maynard told PEOPLE. "I think he's always going to be a part of my life."

4. Stability and Patience Are Key
Maynard has never had trouble finding a date – it's finding someone she wants to keep dating that's been the challenge. Because she places motherhood first, "I need stability," Maynard says, noting that it's difficult for many men to grasp that she can't just go out on a date or skip town for the weekend on a moment's notice. "A lot of times in Charlotte I would go out with guys, and most guys knew my story." Still, she adds, "It's just a lot to handle. And with a young child, you know, it's a lot to ask of guys."

5. Must Love Cats
After finishing up on The Bachelor, Womack gave Maynard and Ricki a furry little kitten that has since become the love of little Ricki's life. So gentlemen, take note: If you're allergic to cats, you'd better bring a hefty supply of allergy medication, because nothing is going to break up this family unit. MEOW!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20563076,00.html?xid=email-peopledaily-20120120-20563076

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »
ABC press release:

FAN FAVORITE EMILY MAYNARD BECOMES THE FIRST SINGLE MOM TO STAR
ON ABC’S “THE BACHELORETTE” WHEN IT RETURNS THIS SPRING

Emily Maynard, the beautiful, sweet, young mom who captured America’s and Brad Womack’s heart on the 15th season of “The Bachelor,” finally thought she had her happy ending. She accepted Brad’s proposal and was looking forward to walking down the aisle. Unfortunately her relationship with Brad ended, along with her dream of moving to Austin with her daughter, Ricki, and starting a family. But Emily is ready for her luck to change and to bring her the love she so richly deserves. It’s hard to meet men as a single mom, but Emily will have her pick of 25 bachelors when she gets a second opportunity to find love starring in the eighth edition of “The Bachelorette” when it premieres this spring on the ABC Television Network.

Emily, 25, led a tragic but fulfilling life before meeting Brad. In 2004 she became engaged to famed NASCAR driver and team owner Ricky Hendrick. Sadly Hendrick died in a plane crash in October, 2004, leaving his fiancée pregnant with their child. The apple of Emily’s eye and legacy of their love, Josephine Riddick “Ricki” Hendrick was born June 29, 2005.

Instantly popular with “Bachelor” fans, Emily’s strength, passion and southern charm – as a mother and as a woman – would make anyone happy to make her his wife. She found love again with Brad and, even though it didn’t work out, she knows that the series can work. Among those 25 men, she is looking for someone who makes her laugh, doesn’t take himself too seriously and can be her best friend. Emily is hoping that the third time is the charm.

The Morgantown, West Virginia native who now resides in Charlotte, NC is a full-time mommy, which is something she has always wanted. Ricki, who is six years old, is a perfect blend of both her mother and father in looks and personality. Emily cherishes the unconditional love they share, which makes her smile all the time, and knows that the time they share together will serve as memories that Ricki will have forever. As busy as she is as a full time mom, Emily finds the time to do volunteer work. Her particular interest is in helping children. She has given her time to the Hendrick Marrow program, Levine Children's Hospital, the lunch buddy program at Hidden Valley Middle School, and most recently to a jewelry class she is teaching at an underfunded middle school. Next on her list is a mission trip to Africa.

Emily feels incredibly grateful to have found her first love when she was very young, and despite not having dated a lot, knows what it’s like to be truly in love. In the past seven years, she has been looking for someone with the same spark she has for life, and she believes that she will find her soul mate on “The Bachelorette.”

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=012412_01

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 02:37:04 AM »
The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard Sneak Peek!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_xeDgFlel0E?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_xeDgFlel0E?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 10:17:56 PM »
SEASON PREMIERE

MONDAY, MAY 14, 2012 @8PM on ABC

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 12:48:03 PM »
ABC press release:

FAN FAVORITE EMILY MAYNARD BECOMES THE FIRST SINGLE MOM
TO STAR ON ABC'S HIT ROMANCE REALITY SERIES,"THE BACHELORETTE,"
WHEN IT PREMIERES ON MONDAY, MAY 14

Emily Maynard, the beautiful, sweet, young mom who captured America's and Brad Womack's heart on the 15th season of "The Bachelor," finally thought she had her happy ending. She accepted Brad's proposal and was looking forward to walking down the aisle. Unfortunately her relationship with Brad ended, along with her dream of moving to Austin with her daughter, Ricki, and starting a family. But Emily is ready for her luck to change and to bring her the love she so richly deserves. It's hard to meet men as a single mom, but Emily will have her pick of 25 bachelors when she gets a second opportunity to find love starring in the eighth edition of "The Bachelorette" when it premieres MONDAY, MAY 14 (9:30-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Emily, 26, led a tragic but fulfilling life before meeting Brad. In 2004 she became engaged to famed NASCAR driver and team owner Ricky Hendrick. Sadly Hendrick died in a plane crash in October, 2004, leaving his fiancŽe pregnant with their child. The apple of Emily's eye and legacy of their love, Josephine Riddick "Ricki" Hendrick was born June 29, 2005.

Instantly popular with "Bachelor" fans, Emily's strength, passion and southern charm - as a mother and as a woman - would make anyone happy to make her his wife. She found love again with Brad and, even though it didn't work out, she knows that the series can work. Among those 25 men, she is looking for someone who makes her laugh, doesn't take himself too seriously and can be her best friend. Emily is hoping that the third time is the charm.

The Morgantown, West Virginia native who now resides in Charlotte, NC is a full-time mommy, which is something she has always wanted. Ricki, who is six years old, is a perfect blend of both her mother and father in looks and personality. Emily cherishes the unconditional love they share, which makes her smile all the time, and knows that the time they share together will serve as memories that Ricki will have forever. As busy as she is as a full time mom, Emily finds the time to do volunteer work. Her particular interest is in helping children. She has given her time to the Hendrick Marrow program, Levine Children's Hospital, the lunch buddy program at Hidden Valley Middle School, and most recently to a jewelry class she is teaching at an underfunded middle school. Next on her list is a mission trip to Africa.

Emily feels incredibly grateful to have found her first love when she was very young, and despite not having dated a lot, knows what it's like to be truly in love. In the past seven years, she has been looking for someone with the same spark she has for life, and she believes that she will find her soul mate on "The Bachelorette."

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=031312_01

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »
Official Photo

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 04:21:51 PM »
Bachelorette Emily Maynard Is Ready for Love Photo Official

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 03:31:41 PM »
Emily Maynard's The Bachelorette Portrait Revealed

It's off to the roses!

Emily Maynard's official portrait for her upcoming season of The Bachelorette has been revealed exclusively to PEOPLE.

Maynard, 26, whom Brad Womack chose as the winner on his season of The Bachelor, has said she's "scared to death" about looking for love on television again.

Last June, she and Womack announced they had called off their engagement.

This season of The Bachelorette will be filmed in North Carolina, with single mom Maynard shooting scenes at her home in Charlotte and her suitors living in a six-bedroom house nearby.

The Bachelorette premieres May 14 at 9:30 ET on ABC.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20586778,00.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 01:50:45 PM »
ABC press release:

Thursday, April 26, 2012
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF THE BACHELORETTE (5/14)

SEASON PREMIERE

FAN FAVORITE EMILY MAYNARD - THE FIRST SINGLE MOM IN "BACHELORETTE" SERIES HISTORY - BEGINS HER OWN SEARCH FOR LOVE IN CHARLOTTE, WHEN THE EIGHTH EDITION OF THE HIT ROMANCE REALITY SERIES, "THE BACHELORETTE," PREMIERES MONDAY, MAY 14, ON ABC

This Season's Highlights Include Extraordinary Trips to Bermuda, London, Dubrovnik and Prague, Special Concerts by Eight-Time Grammy Award-Winner Dolly Parton, Hit Country Band Gloriana
And Country Star Luke Bryant, Plus a Scene-Stealing Performance by The Muppets

Emily Maynard, the beautiful, sweet, young mom who captured America's and Brad Womack's heart on the 15th season of "The Bachelor," finally thought she had her happy ending. She accepted Brad's proposal but unfortunately their relationship ended, along with her dream of moving to Austin with her daughter, Ricki, and starting a family. But Emily is ready for her luck to change and to bring her the love she so richly deserves. It's hard to meet men as a single mom, but Emily will have her pick of 25 bachelors when she gets a second opportunity to find love starring in the eighth edition of "The Bachelorette," the female version of ABC's hit romance reality series, premiering MONDAY, MAY 14 (9:31-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Instantly popular with "Bachelor" fans, Emily's strength, passion and southern charm - as a mother and as a woman - would make anyone happy to make her his wife. She feels incredibly grateful to have found her first love when she was very young, although her fiance, famed NASCAR driver and team owner Ricky Hendrick, tragically died in a plane crash. She then discovered she was pregnant with their child, the apple of her eye - Ricki. Despite not having dated a lot, Emily, 26, knows what it's like to be truly in love. In the past seven years, she has been looking for someone with the same spark she has for life, and she believes that she will find her soul mate on "The Bachelorette."

On the premiere, "Episode 801," Emily's journey begins in her hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina, where she lives with her six-year-old daughter, Ricki. After saying "good night" to Ricki, Emily arrives at a southern mansion where she meets her 25 potential soulmates who have traveled across the country. They include a biology teacher, a mushroom farmer, a marine biologist and a ex-professional football player. Emily is nervous, but her anxiety slips away and soon turns to laughter as a single dad produces a glass slipper and proclaims her a princess; a youthful entrepreneur swoops in on a skateboard; a party MC shows off his dance moves; and a southern gentleman brings something special that symbolizes his dedication to protecting her and Ricki. But although one man's grand entrance in a helicopter impresses Emily, it only makes him a target of jealousy and ridicule from the other bachelors.

Inside the mansion, the battle is on among the eager suitors vying for the attention of the southern belle. A confident man is eager to charm Emily, but he is upstaged by a single father of six excited to show off his family photos to her. One handsome man wins her over with a pair of custom bobble head dolls, but another bachelor is extremely nervous when he reveals his career, fearing that it will remind her of her late fiance. The night turns more emotional when another single dad brings her a heartwarming letter from his 11-year-old son. The competition erupts into a full-fledged competition when Chris Harrison brings out the coveted first impression rose. A tough-talking entertainer confronts the wealthy suitor who dropped in via helicopter, accusing him of being selfish and insincere. But unaware of the tension, Emily is stolen away by the skateboarder, whose soft-spoken and self-confident ways impress her. Everyone holds their breath as Emily gives out the first impression rose to one charming bachelor, but no one can blame her for choosing him. By the end of the night, Emily will have 19 men left to compete for her affections and, in the end, her heart.

A list of bachelors will be released shortly.

Emily's hunt for Mr. Right will take place during some of the most romantic and adventurous dates ever, with exciting surprises in store for both her and her bachelors as they travel around the world for intimate dates in Bermuda, London, Dubrovnik, Prague and other exciting locations. A jam packed schedule in Charlotte has Emily taking one lucky man to an exclusive red carpet affair, including a romantic dinner for two and a special concert by hit country band Gloriana. Emily may have to kiss one more frog to get her prince as she and a group of bachelors perform live for a worthy cause with The Muppets, including Kermit and Miss Piggy. Country music star Luke Bryan serenades Emily and one handsome bachelor, but only after the two attempt to scale a tall building. Even Emily's best friends get to grill 12 of the men and put them to the test in a park full of children. In a delightful surprise to both Emily and one of the men, they travel to one of Emily's favorite places - Dollywood -- and are serenaded by none other than the Queen of Country herself, Dolly Parton.

Then Emily and the remaining men journey to beautiful Bermuda. But three bachelors will not be leaving the Bermuda Triangle with her at the end of their stay. The bachelorette then whisks the remaining men across the Atlantic to London for a week of royal romance, including a double-decker bus tour of Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park and a very special dinner with one lucky guy in the Tower of London. A group of the bachelors do their best to harness their inner thespians as they rehearse and perform scenes from "Romeo and Juliet" in Stratford-on-Avon. Historic and picturesque Dubrovnik is the backdrop for the group's next set of romantic adventures. After a sneak peek at the next eagerly awaited Pixar film, "Brave," a group of spirited bachelors compete in a round of Highland games in order to win extra time with Emily. The magnificent city of Prague plays host to Emily and her remaining men as they variously have a private dinner cruise down the Vltava River, explore a medieval castle and even have a date to marionette shop and visit the Lennon Wall of Love and a spooky dungeon. Finally, after the crucial hometown dates, three lucky men travel with Emily to an exotic destination for some of the most intimate and sensual overnight dates ever. Emily will have traveled the world again for love, but will she finally make her own fairytale come true?

As in the past, men will continue to be eliminated each week, but if at any point along the way a bachelor should decide that he's no longer interested in the Bachelorette, he can reject her invitation to continue dating. Two lucky men will meet her family, and she will visit the final bachelors' hometowns for a slice of their lives in an effort to determine the man with whom she is most compatible -- but there are surprises in store for Emily that will shake her world. At the end of the journey, the Bachelorette may quite possibly have found true love. But the big question is: After all of this, will he pop the question, and will she say yes?

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=042612_02

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 03:19:07 PM »
Meet 25 Bachelors

These 25 men will compete for Emily but only one will win her heart.

Aaron

Alejandro

Alessandro

Arie

Brent

Charlie

Chris

David

Doug

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 03:27:10 PM »
Jackson

Jean-Paul

Jef

Joe

John

Kalon

Kyle

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 03:34:40 PM »
Lerone

Michael

Nate

Randy

Ryan

Sean

Stevie

Tony

Travis

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 02:02:11 AM »
Thank you for posting the top 25 guys, I was gonna do it later this week. You rock,  LoveRocked

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 02:15:22 AM »
RealityFreakWill, don't worry about that. You just your time. :)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 01:24:02 AM »
I know who the final four guys are and the process of elimination to the final one. Anybody that  want to know who they are, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you! FILMING JUST ENDED!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 01:57:19 AM »
The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard Sneak Peek Promo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8hsmqZWSM5o?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8hsmqZWSM5o?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard Promo "Emily is back!"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f_adoB93W_A?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/f_adoB93W_A?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:02:22 AM by LoveRocked »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 02:12:38 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' season premiere

It feels like it’s been a while, so I’m excited to say “Welcome to a new season of The Bachelorette.” As you will see in so many ways over the course of this season, this Bachelorette is unlike any you have ever seen before. This goes for both the season and the woman. First of all, we kicked things off in Charlotte, North Carolina, which of course is Emily’s hometown. At first I wasn’t sure I loved the idea of leaving the traditional ‘Bachelor Pad’ in Los Angeles. It’s become such a recognizable starting point and a big part of our show the last several years. But the moment we rolled into Charlotte I quickly realized it was the best way to start Emily’s season.

Emily is so unlike any other Bachelorette we’ve ever had so we really needed to think outside the box to make the show look and feel as special as she is. For me, the best part about shooting in Charlotte was the way we were received by the hometown crowd. The people of Charlotte welcomed us with open arms, and I can’t thank them enough for the hospitality. Not only did we shoot in Emily’s hometown, but for the first time ever, she actually got to live at home. This not only allowed her to keep being the fantastic mother she is to her daughter Ricki, but also allowed her to relax and enjoy a new kind of home-court advantage.

When Emily arrived to talk to me that first night, you could sense she was loose, relaxed and ready to talk. I really enjoyed our chat. What really struck me was how much she opened up to me and how vulnerable she was. She is ready to let go of some of the control in her life. She’s been through so much and has had to do so much to carry the load for her and her daughter. She’s looking for a partner to help ease some of that burden and add a new sense of excitement and adventure in her life.

We were hoping to keep the location we were shooting at slightly under wraps, but that went out the window right away as the local news station showed exactly where it was with their helicopter live on the newscast. Luckily it was a pretty secure location in a gated community, but that didn’t stop some fifty to sixty fans from trying to sneak on the property to catch a glimpse of the action.

As Emily and I walked down the hall to welcome the guys, the weight of the situation and the pressure suddenly hit her. She tensed up, had trouble breathing and was incredibly nervous. But that was nothing compared to how nervous the guys were to meet her. Let’s talk about some of the high and not-so-high points during the arrivals. Jef channeled his inner Michael J. Fox from Back to the Future (if you have no idea who or what that is: look it up, kids) with the skateboard behind the limo. I was a little worried as the limo pulled down the driveway a little faster than any of us expected. Tony took a huge chance with the Prince Charming bit, but he pulled it off. I have to give Randy props for watching our show and going with the grandma gag. Emily thought that was pretty funny, as did the rest of us. I have some advice for John and all other men out there: the moment you meet a beautiful woman and you’re desperately trying to make a good first impression don’t tell her your nickname, especially if it’s “Wolf”!

Travis showed up with an ostrich egg. That’s really all I have to say — Travis showed up with an ostrich egg. Good news for him is he’s a good guy with a great sense of humor, and the other guys really like him as well, because that could’ve gotten ugly… well uglier. The big controversy during the arrivals was Kalon flying in on the chopper. To be honest it was kind of a small, janky little helicopter as far as Bachelor standards are concerned. Kalon not only rolled in on the chopper he also rolled in with the big attitude that immediately turned the guys off and put a big target on his back. This will continue as we move forward.

Speaking of moving forward, as you saw at the end of the show, this season is going to be incredible. Emily has a really good group of guys here and they will do anything to fight for her and rise to this occasion. From the Muppets next week to Dolly Parton later this season, from the beaches of Bermuda to the Tower of London and beyond, you are all in for an incredible ride, and so is Emily. You’ll  see there’s so much more to Emily than you knew before, and I mean that as an extreme compliment. She has no problem handling her  business when it’s called for, and if these guys think for one minute that Emily is going to be a sweet little Southern push over… well, they can take a moment and say their goodbyes. I’ll see you next week from the balcony, when I fill one of the greatest roles of my life!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/15/chris-harrison-bachelorette-season-premiere-blog/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 02:05:35 PM »
ABC press release:

NEXT WEEK ON THE BACHELORETTE (5/21)

EMILY GETS TO SHOW OFF CHARLOTTE TO THE REMAINING 19 MEN,
WITH THE MUPPETS TAKING CENTER STAGE AT A CHARITY EVENT
AND A STEAMY FIRST DATE WITH ONE SEXY BACHELOR FEATURING HIT
COUNTRY MUSIC TRIO GLORIANA, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

Sparks Fly Between the Men as They Jockey for Emily's Time and Attention

"Episode 802" - This is no ordinary Bachelorette, as the 19 remaining men find out when they are "tested" from the start about how they might fit into Emily's world as a dad, as well as working at a charity event that is near and dear to her heart. Now ensconced in the sprawling 12,000-square foot mansion in Emily's hometown of Charlotte, the men quickly learn that roses will be at stake on the one group date and on two individual dates. However, the competition is revved up when they learn that not all the men will get dates before the next rose ceremony, so the bachelors must take advantage of every opportunity to score points with the Bachelorette. A special concert by hit country music trio Gloriana and a charming, scene-stealing romp with the acclaimed Muppets, featuring Kermit and Miss Piggy, at the charity event are real delights. But after careful deliberation, Emily must eliminate three men, as she starts to try and make her fairytale come true, on "The Bachelorette," MONDAY, MAY 21 (9:01-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

On Monday, May 28, the program moves to its regular time period of 8:00-10:01 p.m., ET.

Ryan is ecstatic when he finds out that he gets the first date of the season. After a quick visit with her girlfriends, Emily arrives at the mansion to take Ryan away for what he thinks will be a glamorous day of fun. But Emily has other plans, as she takes him to her home and instructs him in the everyday task of baking cookies for Ricki's soccer team. Will he pass the "test"? Later that night, Emily looks stunning as she scoops Ryan up in a sleek Aston Martin and brings him to a romantic dinner spot. After walking a red carpet lined with adoring fans, Emily and Ryan have a secluded fireside table where they discuss relationships and their potential future over dinner. Then things turn intimate even though the couple are the in middle of a crowd, as they are serenaded in a special concert by popular country band Gloriana, featuring their hit single "(Kissed You) Good Night." But is there enough romance for Ryan to get the rose?

The next day, 13 bachelors take to the stage and join Emily and the beloved Muppets for a live performance benefitting The Ricky Hendrick Centers for Intensive Care at The Levine Children's Hospital. The men split up in groups to rehearse, but one man has a serious case of performance panic. He explains the problem to Emily and musters up enough courage to go on, but how will he feel when Miss Piggy targets him during the show? The men also get a pleasant surprise when they see Ricki for the first time as she joins her mother and The Muppets in a special performance. That evening at the swank after party, the competition for Emily's attention heats up: Chris is all smiles as the Bachelorette gushes over his looks; Stevie treats her to a slow dance but gets interrupted by the overconfident Kalon; and Jef finally starts to open up to Emily, but will she find him too guarded?

The next day is a dream come true for Joe, as Emily meets him at a private jet and they're off to West Virginia to the exquisite Greenbriar resort, which holds many childhood memories for the Bachelorette, who spent time there with her family. The scene is set for the two to have an extravagant dinner in a grand ballroom. They recite their individual dreams for the future in front of the famous "love clock," but is Joe ready for life with a single mom and her daughter?

Meanwhile, back at the mansion, a poolside fight breaks out between Doug and Kalon. They almost come to blows when Doug's fathering practices are questioned.

The following night at home, Ricki helps Emily as she gets dressed for her next rose ceremony. Arriving at the mansion, everyone wants the Bachelorette's time at the cocktail party, particularly those men who didn't get a date. Arie reveals to Emily that he once dated a woman with two children. Ryan, even though he already has had an individual date, monopolizes her time, as another man is dying to tell her that he has a son.

At the end of the night after a dramatic rose ceremony, 16 men remain to battle for Emily's heart.

The 19 remaining men are:
Aaron, 36, a biology teacher from Long Beach, CA
Alessandro, 30, a grain merchant from St. Paul, MN
Alejandro, 24, a mushroom farmer from San Francisco, CA
Arie, 30, a race car driver from Scottsdale, AZ
Charlie, 32, a recruiter from Nashville, TN
Chris, 25, a corporate sales director from Chicago, IL
Doug, 33, a charity director/realtor from Seattle, WA
Jef, 27, an entrepreneur from Salt Lake City, UT
Joe, 27, a field energy advisor from Los Angeles, CA
John "Wolf," 30, a data destruction specialist from St. Louis, MO
Kalon, 27, a luxury brand consultant from Houston, TX
Kyle, 29, a financial advisor from Long Beach, CA
Michael, 26, a rehab counselor from Austin, TX
Nate, 26, an accountant from Los Angeles, CA
Ryan, 31, a pro sports trainer from Augusta, GA
Sean, 28, an insurance agent from Dallas, TX
Stevie, 26, a party MC from Monroe Township, NJ
Tony, 31, a lumber trader from Beaverton, OR
Travis, 30, an advertising sales representative from Madison, MS

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=051512_05

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 02:07:36 PM »
Rooting for Sean :lol:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 04:02:58 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 2

There’s no question that the first night of every season is one of the most exciting nights of any Bachelor or Bachelorette’s life, but the next day is where the real journey begins. Anyone can make a great first impression if they really put their minds to it, but when you go on a date and have to really let someone see who you are, inside and out, that’s when real relationships begin to form.

I have to admit it feels a little strange to move into a whole new mansion. Little things feel different and while it takes some getting used to, it’s pretty exciting. For me, little things like calling all the guys into the outdoor courtyard was a challenge. You might have noticed I was screaming like a mad man to get the guys to come outside to join me. I didn’t notice until I watched the show back that I had to yell so loud. Guess it wasn’t a good idea to have all the doors closed but it was so hot that day, the house was locked up.

Right from the get-go, there was a lot of tension around the first date card. I think by now everyone knows that going on the first date of the season is a huge deal, though it can also be a double-edged sword. On the one hand, getting to jump right in and develop a connection with Emily is a great advantage. On the other hand, if you start to develop feelings really early, it can make each passing week in the house harder and harder as you watch a woman you have feelings for date other men.

When the first date went to Ryan, you could tell immediately that a lot of the guys were concerned. Ryan has a certain soft-spoken confidence that can be a little intimidating to some guys. Let me tell you, when Emily walked in that day, the guys couldn’t believe how gorgeous she looked. One thing the guys kept saying about Emily is that they were blown away by how she looked in casual clothes. I mentioned last week that things were going to be a little different this time around and I think that was pretty apparent starting with this first date. Emily is a mother first and she wanted to make sure that the guys took that into consideration before going too far. Thankfully, Ryan stepped up and made it into a pretty fun day for the both of them. Other guys, though, may not have taken Emily’s motherhood too seriously and you’ll see a bit of that as the season unfolds.

To be honest with you, I think the Muppets group date was one of the greatest dates we’ve ever done. Personally, I’d like to thank Statler for letting me join him. We heckled and had a blast. It was a childhood dream come true for Emily, Ricki, all the guys, and every single member of our crew. Beyond that, the entire city of Charlotte came out to enjoy the show and raise money for Levine’s Children Hospital (click here to learn more and donate). Before the show I enjoyed going out in the lobby and walking the line and talking with fans. One of the best parts about shooting in Charlotte — other than the BBQ — was getting to meet so many people who support our show.

After an amazing day, though, tensions were high as Kalon again ruffled some feathers. I think we’re seeing a trend here. Is Kalon right to be so singularly minded or should he let the other guys have their fair shots as well? I’ll let you be the judge of that. I think reality really started to set in that night when Jef got the rose. The guys started to see that they really needed to take advantage of that time. You’ll see a lot of guys really step up their game in the coming weeks. On a side note, whoever sent me the tweet that there’s something a little “of” about “Jef,” you got a good laugh

The last date of the week with Joe was at The Greenbriar. Emily was really excited about this date because this was a place she went a lot as a child. She was so thrilled to share that with Joe, but for some reason, she just didn’t feel a long term connection with him and sent him home at the end of the night. Things don’t always go as planned, so Emily had to watch the fireworks show alone. It was a sad moment, but I think it really showed how seriously Emily is taking everything. If she doesn’t see a future with you, hit the road, Jack. Or in this case, Joe.

Next week, we’ll be back in Charlotte for even more over the top dates. There’s even a very special guest who has always been a huge part of Emily’s life. You’re going to love it. It was definitely one of the highlights of the entire season for her. In the meantime, you can always find me on Twitter @chrisbharrison check out tons of deleted scenes, see more videos of the guys from before the show and check out our Bachelor Nation blog at www.thebachelor.tv.

PS: The ostrich egg is alive and well. Travis has been taking excellent care of it.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/22/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-episode-2-blog-2/

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 04:23:22 PM »
AS ONE BACHELOR REACHES NEW HEIGHTS ON A PULSE-POUNDING
ADRENALINE DATE WITH EMILY, SOME OF THE MEN FACE OFF WITH
EMILY'S FRIENDS ABOUT THEIR INTENTIONS AND SHE LEARNS WHO IS
READY TO STEP UP AND BE A FATHER, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

Eight-Time Grammy Award-Winner Dolly Parton, the Queen of Country Herself,
Serenades Emily and One Lucky Man at Dollywood

Country Music Star Luke Bryan Gives a Special Concert to Emily and Another Rose Contender

"Episode 803" - Chris' heart is racing - for more than one reason: Not only does he discover that he has this week's first one-on-one date with Emily, he's jolted when he learns that he must attempt to scale a building with her if he's to spend any quality time with the Bachelorette, and when she surprises him with a performance by country star Luke Bryant. Meanwhile 12 men will be grilled by Emily's friends, who will report back to her about who they think would be a good match for her and a good stepfather for Ricki. Emily surprises Arie with a flight to Dollywood for a special day on which the park is open only to them, and in a total shocker to Emily, her idol, country music legend Dolly Parton, gives the couple a private concert. But it all ends at a dramatic cocktail party when some of the men come clean about whether they're ready to step up and be a stepfather, which sends shock waves through the group -- and Emily decides to do something about it -- on "The Bachelorette," MONDAY, MAY 28 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

It's revealed to Chris that he has to work for his romantic dinner with Emily overlooking the downtown skyline of Charlotte... by joining her in scaling a building! The climb will be filled with a lot of nature's special effects - thunder and lightning. Will Chris be able to help Emily overcome her fears and lead her to the top? The evening culminates with a special performance by country music star Luke Bryan. But will Emily surprise Chris one more time with a rose?

The next day Emily accompanies 12 bachelors to a local park where they're introduced to her best friends. The women come prepared to interrogate the bachelors and tell Emily who they think will be best for her and Ricki. After the inquisition, the men's fathering skills are further tested when Emily reveals a group of rambunctious children streaming into the park who are all ready to play ball, hop on swings and chase the guys around, all under the Bachelorette's watchful eye. At the after party that night, the competition revs up as the men battle for the rose. Meanwhile, one bachelor breaks down because he misses his son. Will he be able to continue his pursuit of the Bachelorette or will he succumb to his loneliness?

Emily surprises an ecstatic Arie with the last individual date of the week, which begins with a private jet to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, where she reveals that they'll spend the day at Dollywood, one of her favorite places. The couple have the park all to themselves to ride all the rides, play games and have a ball. But even Emily, who went to the park many times growing up, can't guess what is coming. She gets the surprise of her life when her idol, the legendary Queen of Country Dolly Parton, serenades the two of them. After the special concert, things get steamy as they enjoy a romantic dinner and share one of the most intense first kisses any couple has shared in "Bachelorette" history. Is this the start of something special or is it too good to be true?

The cocktail party provides the backdrop for a bombshell disclosure, as Emily discovers who is ready to be a father and who isn't. A distraught Bachelorette makes her feelings clearly known. When one of the men tries to comfort her with a kiss, another bachelor is outraged. It's a rough night, and only 13 men will remain at the end of it to leave Charlotte and move on to the first stop in their world wind tour, Bermuda.

The 16 remaining men are:
Alessandro, 30, a grain merchant from St. Paul, MN
John "Wolf," 30, a data destruction specialist from St. Louis, MO
Michael, 26, a rehab counselor from Austin, TX
Stevie, 27, a party MC from Monroe Township, NJ
Tony, 31, a lumber trader from Beaverton, OR

http://www.abcmedianet.com/assets/pr/html/052212_01.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 01:59:51 PM »
ABC press release:

THE REMAINING BACHELORS START THEIR ROMANTIC GLOBAL TOUR WITH EMILY IN BERMUDA, BUT THERE’S STORMY

THE REMAINING BACHELORS START THEIR ROMANTIC GLOBAL TOUR WITH EMILY
IN BERMUDA, BUT THERE’S STORMY WEATHER AHEAD AS SOME OF THE MEN FACE
OFF IN A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE REGATTA AND TWO NEED TO TAKE A LEAP
OF FAITH, JUMPING OFF A CLIFF, ON ABC’S “THE BACHELORETTE”

John and Nate’s Dramatic Two-on-One Date Guarantees One Man a Ticket Home

“Episode 804” – Thirteen excited bachelors start the trip of a lifetime with Emily, as their tour begins in the British island paradise of Bermuda. Emily and Ricki embrace the local culture while the men arrive via scooter. John and Nate are pitted against one another on the dreaded two-on-one date as the trio board a luxury yacht before jumping off the edge of a cliff. Doug shares a delightful one-on-one date with Emily as they explore the picturesque city of St. George. The seaworthy group date finds eight men on sailboats competing in a spirited regatta for extra time with the Bachelorette. Finally, it all culminates on a night where the inclement weather rolls in along with drama at the cocktail party. Two
men face off as nerves are fraying before the tense rose ceremony and tearful bachelors are eliminated before the lucky group of remaining men travel to London, on “The Bachelorette,” MONDAY, JUNE 4 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.
Once the men arrive at the Rosewood Tucker’s Point Hotel and Spa, a jubilant Doug discovers that he will spend the day alone with Emily. As he waits for Emily to pick him up, a few of the guys decide to “push his buttons,” and Doug loses his cool. But will he let his temper show in front of the Bachelorette? The couple spend the day discovering the magic of St. George, shopping for souvenirs, creating their own scent at a perfumeria and having a blast watching some local dancers. But Emily has a surprise for Doug that will have special meaning to him. However, that doesn’t stop her from grilling him over dinner to find out if he is too good to be true. Will she believe his “perfect” answers and give him a rose or send him home?

The next day Emily treats eight men to a special day on the water at the Bermuda Yacht Club, where they learn proper sailing techniques. It’s a breeze until they discover that they need to compete in races against one another. The stakes are ratcheted up as the winning team will be rewarded with more time with Emily while the losing team goes back to the hotel. It’s an all out battle, but one team is left to celebrate with Emily on the dock while the other team sulks as they leave. The after party is full of surprises, as one handsome bachelor tries to impress the Bachelorette by referring to her as a possible “trophy wife,” but it is actually another smooth-talking man who charms her and scores the rose.

Two nervous bachelors – John and Nate – prepare to go on the dramatic two-on-one date. They board a luxury yacht, joining Emily to enjoy the beautiful Bermudian scenery before they head for a remote spot where they all jump off the ledge of a cliff into the crystal blue waters below. The three head to Bermuda’s oldest cave for dinner where Emily spends private time with each man, desperately trying to decide who would be better for her. At the end of the evening, she makes a painful decision, sending one devastated man home, while the other bachelor gets the rose.

Anxiety hangs over the cocktail party like the stormy weather that is about to hit the area. One overconfident suitor begins to rub the guys the wrong way, while another bachelor confronts a man who had questioned his age and maturity. At the end of the evening, 10 men remain, and it will be up to Emily to determine if she is in love with any of them when they get to their next spectacular stop on the adventure -- London.

The 13 remaining men are:
John “Wolf,” 30, a data destruction specialist from St. Louis, MO
Michael, 27, a rehab counselor from Austin, TX

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=052912_01

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 3

I call this week’s episode “Open Mouth, Insert Bachelor.” Over the last ten years I’ve seen all sorts of things, but for some reason, this week, a few of the guys said and did things that you just shouldn’t do when courting a woman.

Chris got the first date this week, and fortunately for him, he wasn’t one of the guys who shot himself in the foot. There aren’t a lot of extreme dates this season but Chris and Emily got a great one. Emily told me later she thought Chris looked a lot like Gerard Butler. I found it amusing how much she gushed over how good-looking she thought he was. It was entertaining to see how uncomfortable it made Chris because he obviously felt the same about her.

Once again I loved how public this date was, right there in the middle of downtown Charlotte. Emily and Chris hit it off immediately and had great chemistry. By the time they got to the Luke Bryan concert (which was awesome, by the way) it was like they had been dating for months. Chris got the first real, legitimate kiss from Emily, but how it happened is very interesting and brings up a recurring theme this season. The guys are so thoughtful of Emily and the fact that she’s a single mom that they’re almost too respectful, if that’s possible. Emily was sending signal after signal for Chris to go for it but he ended up waiting ’til the end of the concert and at that point he still asked her for permission. In the end he got the kiss and definitely got Emily’s interest. The date couldn’t have gone much better.

The group date was next and this turned out to be a very pivotal date, especially considering how early we are in the season. This was due in part to the fact that Emily’s friends are around to help her out and in large part to how insanely bad some of these guys are at the whole “speaking out loud” thing. I absolutely loved Emily’s friends and how they basically used and abused the guys for their own personal enjoyment, making them dance, do pushups and undress. It was hysterical to watch these poor men jump through the hoops trying to impress them.

Ryan was the first to make a couple of major mistakes this week. First he thought it was a good idea to go over and interrupt Emily talking with her girlfriends. It wasn’t. Then he took this bad move to a whole other level when he laid some stunning knowledge on the ladies: He told them that if Emily gained weight after they married things would change, and that he would love her but he wouldn’t love on her as much. You know, it’s one thing to think like that, but he took it to a whole other level by actually saying it to her and her friends. Ryan, you have some digging out to do! Alessandro also made some interesting comments to Emily’s friends; I’ll cover those a little later.

That night at the group date party, Tony was mentally and emotionally done. I thought it was cool how Doug tried to reach him as a dad and Emily tried as well, but his heart just wasn’t in this and she saw that.  The funny thing was that Emily was being so kind to him and so careful of his feelings you almost couldn’t tell that she was sending him home. I was worried he wasn’t going to get the message, but in the end he did, and rightfully went home to his son. Speaking of Doug, you got a glimpse into his story and saw a little bit more of what makes him the man he is. Sean got the rose on this group date and probably deserved it after Emily’s friends sexually harassed him all afternoon.

Emily’s date with Arie was incredible from start to finish. First of all, Emily had a crush on Arie from the moment she met him. Secondly, Dolly Parton and Dollywood hold a very special place in Emily’s heart. She’s a fan and really looks up to the type of person Dolly is. As you could see, Emily was completely caught by surprise that Dolly had agreed to appear on our show. She was amazing. Everybody on our entire crew that met her loved her. It was incredibly sweet of her to sit Emily down and talk to her like she did. If I ever give up my deliberation room duties I might have to call Dolly to fill my spot. As good as Chris’ date went, this one went even better. Part of that was Emily getting to meet Dolly, but it had much more to do with her getting to be with Arie.

The cocktail party leading up to the rose ceremony brought us more priceless moments from the guys this week. And by “priceless” I mean “incredibly rude and thoughtless.” I was happy for Travis that he finally got to say goodbye “Shelly,” the egg. My favorite part of the goodbye to Shelly was the other guys going pouring out some of their high-end vodka for a fallen ostrich.

Kalon has been a lightning rod for attention from the start but up to this point he’s been stirring it up with the guys and never with Emily. Tonight, though, Kalon was talking a mile a minute and not listening at all to Emily. He started out with this little gem, telling Emily “I’ve never had to share much in my life.” Then, when Emily had the audacity to try and speak during this conversation he told her, “I love it when you talk but I wish you’d let me finish.” Emily put it best when she said later, “I like tall, skinny, and funny. I don’t like tall, skinny, and condescending.”

As if Emily hadn’t endured enough this week, she then sat down with Alessandro. He immediately shot himself in the foot when he told Emily that he would consider a life with Emily and her daughter a “compromise.” This is something every woman longs to hear, by the way. But what you hadn’t seen until the end of the show was how bizarre Alessandro acted in front of Emily’s friends. The golden tidbits started with him admitting to have dated his cousin (third cousin), followed by other great admissions like cheating and having one-night stands. And the bizarre behavior didn’t stop there. Alessandro had also used some of his down time at the house to build some sort of psychic refuge, complete with homemade crosses and candles. (I’m not kidding.) After Emily picked her jaw up off the ground she kicked Alessandro’s butt to the curb so fast it made his third cousin’s head spin. By the time we got to the rose ceremony Emily had already dismissed so many guys, only Stevie was sent home.

There was one more incident that didn’t seem like much that will be talked about later. That moment where Emily ran into Arie in the hall and they shared a kiss will have a ripple effect through the house, especially for Ryan. We had to cover a lot this week and it’s only getting better as we move forward and the stakes are raised. I hope you enjoy the earlier start time. We’re going to stay with that the rest of the season. Have a great short week and I’ll see you next Monday night in beautiful Bermuda as the travel begins. For more insight and news on the “Bachelorette” go to our website and as always you can find me on Twitter @chrisbharrison.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/29/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-episode-3-blog-2/