Author Topic: S24: Matt Quinlan  (Read 6100 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S24: Matt Quinlan
« on: January 18, 2012, 09:56:14 AM »

Name (Age): Matt Quinlan (33)
Tribe Designation: Manono
Current Residence: San Francisco, Calif. 
Personal Claim to Fame: Starting my own law firm; The Law Offices of Matthew J. Quinlan.  I take my career and my commitment to my clients very seriously.  Being able to set up MJQLAW so that I can make a difference in the lives of my clients is probably the thing I am most proud of in my life.
Inspiration in Life: I aim to maximize my potential in everything I do.  It is what keeps me pushing every day.  Of course, “potential” is an elusive thing, but I look forward to chasing it for the rest of my life.
Hobbies: Golf, fitness and all things sports.
Pet Peeves: Complaining, pessimism and over-the-top subjectivity.
3 Words to Describe You: Ambitious, optimistic and dependable.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I have seen a lot of Survivor and can’t recall a past contestant that reminds me of myself, so I have to answer this question with “nobody.”  I don’t plan on playing this game like any past Survivor. In fact, if someone’s plan is to play like a past contestant they are probably both in-over-their-heads and in-real-trouble. If I have it my way, I will be playing a bold, evolved and innovative game that I hope takes Survivor game play to its inevitable next level.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Who wouldn’t want to be on Survivor?!?!  I feel extremely fortunate to be given an opportunity that millions of people would give anything for and won’t take it for granted for even a minute.  America will see me give everything I have to the game!  I owe that to myself and all the Survivor fans out there.
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’ll die out there before I quit.  The only way I am leaving that island is with a tag on my toe or with a snuffed torch.   
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I think I have a lot of attributes that will help me succeed in the game: athleticism, charisma, smarts, etc.  That said, these things are also going to make me a target in the game of Survivor, so figuring out how to use these traits in a non-intimidating way will be the key to my success.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GqSTgtqluSI?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GqSTgtqluSI?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:32:12 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: S24: Matt Quinlan
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:58:12 AM »
seam it her to entiermatain which  i like that about castaway

Offline rockhopper78

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 11:32:52 AM »
Initial reaction: Notice he says he'll only leave the island with a tag on his toe or with a snuffed torch? Way to aim high there buddy. That means he doesn't hope to make the finals. It's only death or being voted out for him :tup:   Good luck. Fortunately I don't think he's going to die, but he will get to leave with his torch snuffed, probably pre-merge. 

Edited after watching video & press interview:  He seems a little arrogant. That's high aspirations that he's going to change the way Survivor is played. What could he possibly do? I predict a blindside just before the merge.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:05:23 PM by rockhopper78 »
Survivor 26 favorites: Brenda Lowe (so lovely), Sherri, Malcolm, Reynold

Survivor all time favs: Kim Spradlin, Parvati Shallow, Russell Hantz, Rob Cesternino, Brenda Lowe, Yul Kwon, Jonathan Penner, Richard Hatch

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »
That's a good point! :lol: I bet he didn't think of it that way :lol3:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 04:32:54 PM »
I think he'll do well!!

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 01:24:58 PM »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 02:20:01 AM »
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 05:47:41 PM »
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 02:31:39 PM »
They make a cute couple!!! I wonder what went wrong :/

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 07:47:43 PM »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 07:51:36 PM »
This is like, SO Random...  :lol:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 11:34:48 PM »
So now we know why Sandy wanted a divorce.. and glee she must be at least she "beat" Matt in their respective show. Getting second is so much better than saying "Oh i'm the first one voted off my tribe!" :lol:

That was in 2007...