Author Topic: S24: Kim Spradlin  (Read 8533 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S24: Kim Spradlin
« on: January 18, 2012, 09:47:10 AM »

Name (Age): Kim Spradlin (29)
Tribe Designation: Salani
Current Residence: San Antonio, Texas 
Personal Claim to Fame: Always being up for adventure! Opening my own business at age 26, working as a whitewater rafting guide, living at an orphanage in Thailand… Oh! And I can figure out what animal a person would be within five minutes of meeting them.
Inspiration in Life: My dad. He has this amazing way about him that draws people to him. He makes everything feel special - vacations, movies, lunch at Subway, me. He is never afraid and funny as hell. He gives the most amazing and perfectly timed pep talks! 
Hobbies: Sand volleyball, reading and hanging out with really cool people. 
Pet Peeves: Speed bumps, corny humor, people who honk to reprimand rather than as a warning, and really bad bridesmaid dresses (there’s no reason for that, really).   
3 Words to Describe You: Passionate, warm and clever.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like:  Probably Stephenie LaGrossa from Palau, because she’s a badass (total honey badger). Also, Elisabeth Hasselbeck because she was friendly but competitive and Amanda because she is tall.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Truly for the thrill of it! Stepping away from the comfort of my little world and challenging myself. Proving I can do as well at this game as I’ve always thought I could.
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: My mental toughness, wicked throwing arm (for a girl), and people sometimes underestimate my sneakiness.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I believe in treating all people with respect and honor. Why would you vote off someone who respects you?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_1CbCFEgsxQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_1CbCFEgsxQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:19:35 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: S24: Kim Spradlin
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:49:30 AM »
she going lie to tribe woooh

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 08:40:24 PM »
I like this one! :yess:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline rockhopper78

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 10:32:28 AM »
Initial reaction: I like her too, but I kind of feel she's too kind for the game. She sounds like she's there more for the adventure then to actually play. But we'll see. I do like that she likes Elisabeth, only cause that shows that she just may be a longtime fan of the show from the beginning. And I always support fans more than mactors cast in a bar. Could be premerge but I'm hoping she makes it far.

Edited after watching video & press interview: Okay, here is my pick for WINNER of season 24!  :conf: She has the look of a winner and I sense great things for Kim.  :<3       :roses:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:19:30 PM by rockhopper78 »
Survivor 26 favorites: Brenda Lowe (so lovely), Sherri, Malcolm, Reynold

Survivor all time favs: Kim Spradlin, Parvati Shallow, Russell Hantz, Rob Cesternino, Brenda Lowe, Yul Kwon, Jonathan Penner, Richard Hatch

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 10:20:13 PM »
I like her so far!

vid added^^
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:28:44 PM »
My friends and I have a Survivor Bet every year where we pick players before the show begins, and the winners takes the bot. So far I've done extremely well, as I've selected Sophie, Fabio, and Sandra in the past seasons. I picked Kim this year, as she looks like she could go far, and I really likes how quirky she is. Fingers crossed I can win again! I also picked Jonas and Sabrina, but most of my money's on Kim right now.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 02:17:07 AM »
She's Amanda-ish! :conf: :lol:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 05:38:25 AM »
I predict she'll win.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline rockhopper78

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 04:26:14 AM »
Well 4 episodes in and I'd say Miss Kim is looking like the best chance of the women to win. Maybe Sabrina a close second. But Kim is definitely getting a strong edit and I loves me some Kim!    :luvya:
Survivor 26 favorites: Brenda Lowe (so lovely), Sherri, Malcolm, Reynold

Survivor all time favs: Kim Spradlin, Parvati Shallow, Russell Hantz, Rob Cesternino, Brenda Lowe, Yul Kwon, Jonathan Penner, Richard Hatch

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 06:39:43 AM »
Yeah, I'm getting that sort of vibe from her edit as well. I'd be perfectly happy with that - she's like my 2nd or 3rd fave. :tup:

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 10:29:50 PM »
She gives me a Sophie vibe.  :hearts:

Offline Reality_Gal

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Survivor, Amazing Race and Big Brother fan
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 08:38:22 AM »
LOL Sophie sucked. Kim is awesome <333 :wohoo:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 09:13:59 AM »
She looks very tall. Over 6 feet?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 10:58:13 AM »
Congrats Kim!!!!!!!!!
Chelsea was my Favorite, but you played a great game!!!!!!!!!!!
 :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 05:36:55 PM »
Good job! :conf:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 07:00:39 PM »
Played a much better game than Russel. Top 5 women players period.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 08:38:21 AM »
I thought she played a great game until the Final Seven, but from Kat's ousting onwards, I thought her moves were pretty poor. I thought she'd beat everybody except Sabrina/Chelsea without a second thought, but I thought getting rid of the dead weight like Tarzan and Christina was downright awful! :groan: That's when I started to dislike her... although still the best outcome since Samoa! :lol:

Offline survivorfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 12:11:26 PM »
Regardless of what ppl have said. I really think she is one of the best winners/players in Survivor history. She's my fave winner since JT(and that was like 3 years ago!). I liked Rob winning on RI too, but that was so predictable. Kim winning was predictable too, but it was still fun to watch her dominate each week.

She's easily up there on the list of top female players with people like Parv,Steph. If she ever returns, she could end up having a Russell styled season. In the sense that, she played the 1st time, people think her gameplay wasn't as good cause it was against an unintelligent cast. Then returning, and owning abunch of top players in Survivor history.

Sure, the people she competed against might have sucked, but it still counts as a great dominating performance. Just like Rob on Redemption Island. She's even been praised by many former contestants(notable one is Richard Hatch).

Hopefully she does end up returning in the future for another all star styled season or something like that. I said it from the beginning(on twitter) that this season was "Survivor: Kims World", that's all it really should be remembered for anyways.

Is she ever gonna get twitter or anything? I remember Jeff saying she never got it cause of some rule, but now that the seasons done, she'd prob get it wouldn't she?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:15:38 PM by survivorfan »

Offline Reality_Gal

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Survivor, Amazing Race and Big Brother fan
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 11:05:18 AM »
Russell played a good game it's just the jurors were bitter. Kim's jury wasn't :D

Offline Va Va Voom

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 06:59:47 AM »
So happy that she won  :hearts: