Author Topic: Pékin Express 2012  (Read 63977 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Pékin Express 2012
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 01:12:46 AM »
Yet another sighting in Manila:

jude defensor @judefensor
Kinda dissapointingly ironic to be checking into the Peninsula now that the Bourne crew has checked out! Rotten timing!
28 min ago

jude defensor @judefensor
...and just as I was whining about missing the Bourne gang, I bump into the cast & crew of the French Amazing Race!
12 min ago

I'm assuming from the timing that he saw the cast and crew at the Peninsula Hotel. I believe the next in the series of Jason Bourne movies has been shooting in the Philippines and that is what he is referring to as the Bourne Gang and Crew.

The Peninsula Hotel is about 400-500 meters away from where they were shooting, so if the Ayala Triangle was the pit stop, the Peninsula would be a likely place to have everybody stay. Though, as a 5 star hotel, it probably isn't cheap to stay there. In that case, he could have dropped his bags in his room and left the hotel and seen them in the park.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:28:42 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 11:27:58 AM »
do you know who are coming back this time?

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 12:32:37 PM »
Yay! Awesome find!! :yess:

do you know who are coming back this time?

Well there's Ludovic & Samuel from PÉ6, and maybe Marcelle & Nicole (doing the confessionnal?) and Jacky & Alexia from PÉ4, who all seem to have survived through the penultimate Philippine leg.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 10:13:28 PM »
Just did a small summary in my first post :tup:

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 04:22:31 AM »
A girl named D大调Laura  from Weibo said she saw TAR filming in Manila Cathedoral,Manila yesterday...

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 11:17:38 AM »
A girl named D大调Laura  from Weibo said she saw TAR filming in Manila Cathedoral,Manila yesterday...

Really? How come I did not see them? :lol: Manila Cathedral is inside Intramuros so I think it's a possible location. 

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2012, 08:40:02 PM »

Really? How come I did not see them? :lol: Manila Cathedral is inside Intramuros so I think it's a possible location.

From the news stories, this is supposed to be the last day of filming in the Philippines and I believe they are headed for Australia, so it makes sense they would be filming somewhere in Manila today as the first part of the leg before they leave the country.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2012, 09:16:22 PM »
OK, I have some good news and bad news. The day before yesterday I found some tweets that indicated where Pekin Express was filming in Las Pinas (put a ~ over the n) about 8 hours or so before they were seen in Ayala Triangle:

Kate Allelou Robenta @kateallelou
Amazing Race, had their shooting at Sarao motors today!! Sayang wasnt able to watch it live! Tsk! #justloveyourown
6:09 AM - 31 Jan 12 via Twitter for iPad ˇ

@lenggables di ko sure eh, basta french version ng amazing race daw.
6:11 AM - 31 Jan 12 via Twitter for iPad

Google translation: I sure eh, just French version of the Amazing Race Daw.

@lenggables kaya nga eh. Intense pa naman labanan sa amazing race.
6:15 AM - 31 Jan 12 via Twitter for iPad

Google Translation: so eh. Intense fighting also on the amazing race.

@lenggables yun siguro yun, check mo yung pics na shinare ko. Galing kay ninong Ed. :)
6:21 AM - 31 Jan 12 via Twitter for iPad

Google translation: maybe yun yun, I check my pics shinare. From Ed's godfather.

I did some research on Sarao Motors and found out that it's a factory in Las Pinas that makes jeepneys, the colorful small buses that provide local public transportation in much of the Philippines. I also found about 165 pictures taken during the setup of the leg and while the teams were running the leg. An absolutely amazing find! This is the good news. Now for the bad news. Unfortunately, I was at work and couldn't deal with that volume of data. So, I recruited a couple of helpers, who also proved to be at work or otherwise busy. By the time we were able to tackle grabbing all the pictures, they had been taken down.  :gaah: We did end up with 5 pictures that I'll post below, but what we didn't get was MUCH MUCH more interesting. I feel kind of bad, because that was about the best find I've made here for RFF and I let it get away. I dropped the ball when I didn't try getting some of the best ones when I had the chance after work.

Anyway, from the evidence in the pictures, the race was down to four teams at this point. The jeepney construction yard was set up with a number of items like old tires and colored ropes were threaded around, under and through the items. One person from each team appeared to be following the ropes over obstacles that included at least one teeter totter like board. Whether they were threading a ring along the rope or trying to unsnarl and free their color rope (red, green, blue and yellow I think), I couldn't say. The person doing the task was also carrying a big sponge for some reason. After they finished that, they moved back towards the entrance to the yard and helped push a jeepney out into the yard where a large crowd of people climbed on board, filling it to capacity and then some. Each team appeared to hop on to the back of the jeepney and hung on as the jeepney left the factory for some unknown location. The camera and sound guys followed as passengers on motor scooters being driven by local drivers.

The pictures we got are from the setup before the leg. I will mention that there were 4 or 5 pictures that appeared to show debris high in the air. I'm guessing those were balloons or kites over the yard. Whether they factored into the task, I don't know.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:19:58 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2012, 11:44:22 PM »
One more tweet from Ayala Triangle:

Che Che @amunet28
the amazing race..is in ayala triangle yesterday..tryin to hitch in prv8 car.. n peepz thought itz sh00ting of Bourne legacy..hahaha!
21 hrs ago

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 12:08:15 AM »
Yet another tweet with a picture of a Pekin Express team (I think):

MarielleAcierto @YeYe404
french team with our mayora (amazing race) pic.twitter.com/pdVlPRF7
4 hrs ago

Hopefully some of you who follow the show will recognize this team. They do look familiar. The woman tweeting is tweeting in Filipino, but I can't figure out where in the Philippines she is.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2012, 10:03:11 AM »
Is that Jean-Pierre & François?!?!
They won last season and screwed Ludovic & Samuel by winning only 7000 euros :groan:
Anyway all of this is an awesome find!! :hearts:

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »
Yes. it's them!  :yess:
Great job Plaidmoon!

Offline Pimpon

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2012, 02:16:59 PM »
Nice your forum ;-)
You have other pictures of Ludo and Samuel?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2012, 02:19:02 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF, Pimpon!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2012, 07:51:31 PM »
Nice your forum ;-)
You have other pictures of Ludo and Samuel?

:wel2 to RFF Pimpon!!
Well we have pics of them at Seoul, SK & Kawit, Philippines, which is pretty good :tup:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2012, 02:13:21 AM »
I think I've found a couple of sightings of Pekin Express south of Brisbane, Australia on Facebook. I'm a bit puzzled because I thought the final leg was in Sydney and they are 800 km (500 miles) to the northeast of Sydney. It does appear that they are asking people for rides, so that would go along with hitchhiking, as I understand they do on Pekin Express. It could also be the Norwegian TAR though. Or something local that we're not interested in at all.

From Facebook (including replies - names removed as RFF prefers):

Sighting 1

Just got hit up by tv crew to drive them out to nimbin in some como like the amazing race. Told em to beet it and smoked it up hahhaha :)
    Share ˇ about an hour ago via mobile ˇ
        3 people like this.

hahahah where
            about an hour ago

Like out the front of the impy lol if it was somewhere closer i woulda done it lol i said yes and then i was like nah fuk that way to far out haha
            about an hour ago

hahaahaha should of got some money for it
            about an hour ago

Sighting 2

filling the car up at yatala, then some chick from The Amazing Race ask us for directions. random
Share ˇ about an hour ago near Melbourne, Victoria ˇ
    4 people like this.

very random
        about an hour ago

i dont know why it says near melbourne
        about an hour ago

U should of sent here to cunnamulla
        about an hour ago

Lol was gonna say that Kane!
        about an hour ago

yeah hopefully im on tv. i said the car was stolen lol
        about an hour ago

Hahahaha be funny ass if you were
        50 minutes ago

Nimbin is a village 779 km (484 mi) NE of Sydney and 181 km (112 mi) S of Brisbane. From Wikipedia:

Nimbin is notable for the prominence of its environmental initiatives such as permaculture, sustainability, self-sufficiency as well as the cannabis counterculture. Writer Austin Pick described his initial impressions of the village this way: "It is as if a smoky avenue of Amsterdam has been placed in the middle of the mountains behind frontier-style building facades. ... Nimbin is a strange place indeed."

Nimbin has been described in literature and mainstream media as 'the drug capital of Australia', 'a social experiment' and 'an escapist sub-culture'. Nimbin has become an icon in Australian cultural history with many of the values first introduced there by the counterculture becoming part of modern Australian culture.[3]

Yatala is a suburb in the outer northern areas of Gold Coast City in Queensland, Australia. It is 39 km (24 mi) south of Brisbane. Facebook has the Sighting 2 guy who saw them in Yatala listed as being near Melbourne, which puzzled the guy. Don't know where sighting 1 happened.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 02:27:18 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2012, 02:27:22 AM »
Nimbin...  :eww I have no idea why anyone would go to Nimbin ???

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2012, 02:43:59 AM »
Nimbin...  :eww I have no idea why anyone would go to Nimbin ???

That's got me confused too. Maybe some kind of weird connection between legalized marijuana in Amsterdam and the marijuana culture in Nimbin? It is the Dutch version of TAR. It still seems pretty far fetched to me.   :duno:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2012, 02:55:46 AM »
Do you know where the poster was from? Lismore? Gold Coast?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2012, 03:30:21 AM »
Do you know where the poster was from? Lismore? Gold Coast?

One person was at Yatala, the other didn't say where he was. I was trying to figure it out from his earlier messages, but couldn't. I may try again later.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2012, 03:41:40 AM »
OK, here's two more sightings around Brisbane from Facebook. Both of these are earlier than the sightings above.

How exciting today at work couples were running through the airport with such excitement with camera crew racing behind.. THE AMAZING RACE(france) pitstop was there !! keep an eye out for me and <co-worker name> on French TV :P
Share ˇ about an hour ago ˇ

10 people like this.

Oh I'm so Jelly!!
        about an hour ago

This person works for Singapore Airlines at the Brisbane Airport. She says it was a pitstop, but I doubt that's the case. More likely it was their arrival from Manila. That certainly would be a first if they had a pitstop at an airport, especially the final one.

I get a couple from the french amazing race a lift to emumdie yeah man and there like the French ppl would love you in France #blushes#
Share ˇ 8 hours ago near Noosaville, Queensland ˇ

I can't find an Emumdie in Australia (or anywhere else). The guy who sent this lives in Noosaville, a suburb of Noosa. Noosa is located about 130 kilometres (81 mi) north of Brisbane in the Sunshine Coast region of South East Queensland, Australia. I do get hits for Eumundi, which is not far from Noosa. Eumundi is a small town with 1700 residents in the Sunshine Coast hinterland in Queensland, Australia, 21 km south-west of Noosa Heads and 118 km north of the state capital, Brisbane.

It looks like they went north of Brisbane after leaving the airport and have then gone south of Brisbane.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:50:19 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2012, 03:44:34 AM »
I was just about to post that lol. I found it on one of my friends friends while checking out a photo of theirs, what a coincidence!

ETA: I'm surprised they have been visiting my favourite area in all of QLD, hopefully they went to Kilcoy, hehe.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:51:50 AM by Дussie Бabushka »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2012, 03:55:32 AM »
Good find, Aussie! I've been trying a new of looking for stuff on Facebook (new to me anyway) tonight and it's working pretty well. I didn't find what you found though.

You should pass where you got that on to Georgiapeach, but her inbox is full right now.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:58:50 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline defbox

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2012, 04:31:07 AM »
Hello, did you know what kind of team it was? man/woman? man/man? woman/woman? maybe they told you there names ?

Thank you !

Offline Pimpon

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2012, 05:26:35 AM »
The official website of Ludo (& Samuel): www.ludovicdaxhelet.com

If anyone has any new pictures, in Philippines or Australia, show us  :tup: