Author Topic: The Voice Season 2  (Read 13379 times)

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
The Voice Season 2
« on: January 05, 2012, 10:32:29 PM »
Return on Feb 5,2012! Don't miss T.V.!

'The Voice' Season 2 Premiere Will Be Epic

If "epic" television is what you crave then you will have to tune into NBC on February 5, after the Super Bowl, for the season 2 premiere of The Voice. Executive producer Mark Burnett promises this season will be bigger, better, and in a word - epic. Coaches (never call them judges!) Blake Shelton, Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green and Adam Levine, along with host Carson Daly and executive producer Mark Burnett sat down today to give us the goods on what to expect in the sophomore season of one of the biggest shows of 2011. "We're starting fresh after the Super Bowl with brand new, quick reset, straight into blind auditions," says Burnett about what to expect during that season 2 premiere episode.

If you liked the blind audition process of last year, then you will be happy to know that this season they have been extended. "The audience really responded well to the [blind auditions] in the first season," says Burnett, so that is why they decided on the extension. They couldn't tell us just how many weeks the blind auditions will air because the exact number of episodes ordered by NBC has yet to be finalized but Christina announced that each coach will be building a team of 12 this year as opposed to last years teams of 8 making the competition tougher not just for the aspiring artists, but for the coaches as well.

Games have to be stepped up on both ends. "The second you push your button, if more than one person pushes it, we have to be in the position to sell ourselves to that person," Levine said some of the challenges he faces as a coach in the blind auditions, "All of the sudden we're auditioning for them, it's kinda cool." Shelton shares Levine's sentiments and talked about how it was a little harder this year because people know what they are getting into, and know what to expect.

While most would compare The Voice to shows like American Idol and The X-Factor, if you ask the coaches they would disagree with the comparison. "No other show is like ours" was said several times by each of the coaches. One of the distinct differences, Burnett pointed out, is they will never send a singer they know to be bad into the blind auditions. "The 'worst' singer we get will still be really good, and the best will be unbelievable," Burnett says, also stating that the panel of coaches is unlike any other show (which is true). The range of talent the contestants bring this year will be even more diverse than last year. Christina mentioned having an opera singer as well as some great power-house voices.

While the winner of The Voice walks away with some pretty great prizes, it's pretty clear that there are no real losers on the show. "That's the great thing about this show, even if you don't win the end title you're still out there on such a massive scale where anything is possible for your career," said Christina. Blake Shelton confirmed that both of his first season final two girls Dia [Frampton] and Xenia are signed to Universal, have albums that will come out soon and are both doing really well. Dia is preparing to go on tour with Shelton. Christina mentioned her team member Beverly has an album coming out soon called "Fear Nothing," Adam just recorded a song with last years victor Javier, and Cee Lo is in talks with Vicci [Martinez] about doing a single with her.

Christina teased us with a tidbit about a "kicka**" opening performance by none other than herself alongside her fellow coaches; she was not allowed to elaborate. Levine also declined to give any hints about what they "had up their sleeves" but added "It all came together so effortlessly this year. We are like the weirdest, coolest band ever. Its such a strange combo of people. I love that. We figure out a way to make it work--cross genre--it's amazing stuff."

I am excited to see how they plan to top their incredibly successful first season. Will you be tuning in?

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:42:29 PM by LoveRocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Voice Season 2
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »
ALL FOUR MUSICIAN COACHES OF NBC’S ‘THE VOICE’ TO RETURN FOR NEW SEASON OF HIT VOCAL COMPETITION SERIES
Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton Set to Resume Series in Mid-season

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – June 30, 2011 – All four musician coaches of NBC’s “The Voice” – Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton – will return next season when the vocal competition series resumes in mid-season on Mondays (8-10 p.m. ET). The announcement was made by Paul Telegdy, Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming, NBC and Universal Media Studios.

“Our fantastic coaches were integral to the tremendous success of ‘The Voice’ this year and we are thrilled that they are all returning,” said Telegdy. “We look forward to building season two and making ‘The Voice’ an even greater experience for fans.”

“The Voice” is an innovative vocal competition series modeled after Holland's top-rated vocal talent discovery show, “The Voice of Holland.” The series is hosted by Carson Daly and features the musician coaches working through the various phases of the competition with only the most talented vocalists.

Five-time Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter and actress Aguilera (“Back to Basics,” “Burlesque”) first achieved prominence as a singer after the release of her album “Christina Aguilera” in 1999, which sold over 17 million copies worldwide and yielded such hits as “Genie in a Bottle,” “What a Girl Wants” and “Come on Over Baby (All I Want Is You).” As a result, she won her first Grammy for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for her rendition of “Genie in a Bottle.” Aguilera’s second album, “Mi Reflejo,” earned her a Latin Grammy for Best Female Pop Vocal Album.

Later, Aguilera teamed with Mya, Lil’ Kim and Pink to perform their version of “Lady Marmalade” as a single from the feature film “Moulin Rouge” that soared to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 charts for five weeks. Each performer received a Grammy for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals for the song. Aguilera’s next album, “Stripped,” gave the world the hit singles “Dirty,” “Beautiful” (which won her another Grammy for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance), “Fighter” and “The Voice Within.” She also toured with Justin Timberlake in 2003 on the Justified/Stripped tour.

Among Aguilera’s other albums are “Back to Basics,” “My Kind of Christmas” and “Bionic.” Also included in her many hit singles are “Hurt,” “Candyman” and “Ain’t No Other Man” (which earned her another Grammy for Best Female Pop Vocalist), “Not Myself Tonight” and “You Lost Me.” She has performed numerous times on the Grammy Awards and has hosted NBC’s “Saturday Night Live.” Aguilera was also the only artist under 30 years of age to make Rolling Stone Magazine’s list of 100 Greatest Singers of All Time. In 2010, Aguilera added a new role to her list of accomplishments as an actress. Last November, she starred in her first feature film, “Burlesque,” opposite Cher and Stanley Tucci. She earned a Golden Globe nomination for her Original Song, “Bound to You,” which she co wrote and performed.

Green -- who is better known to his fans as Cee Lo -- won a Grammy this year for Best Urban/Alternative Performance for “Forget You” (a/k/a “F—k You”). Green, a rap singer, songwriter and record producer, first became recognized as a member of the hip-hop group Goodie Mob (which released the album “World Party”), and later launched a critically hailed solo career. He also formed the group Gnarls Barkley with deejay-producer Danger Mouse. Among Green’s best-known hits are the singles “Closet Freak,” “I’ll Be Around,” “Crazy (by Gnarls Barkley) and “Forget You” (a/k/a “F--k You”).

Green’s albums include “Cee Lo Green and His Perfect Imperfections,” “Cee Lo Green…Is the Soul Machine,” “Closet Freak: The Best of Cee Lo Green the Soul Machine,” “Forget You,” and his most recent, “The Lady Killer.” He also collaborated with Danger Mouse for the album “St. Elsewhere” (his greatest-selling album). Green currently is working on a new project with Jazze Pha as well as an upcoming new album with Goodie Mod.

As the front man of Maroon 5, Levine is the primary songwriter of the band and a guitar player, whose talents give Maroon 5 their signature sound. Capturing their first of three Grammy Awards as “Best New Artist” of 2005 and going on to sell more than 15 million albums worldwide, Maroon 5 won over fans and critics alike with the hybrid rock/R&B sound they introduced on their debut album ”Songs About Jane.” They followed up with the double platinum album, “It Won't Be Soon Before Long,” which included hits like "Makes Me Wonder" and "If I Never See Your Face Again."

In September 2010, the band released their third studio album, “Hands All Over,” which was produced by studio legend Robert John "Mutt" Lange. Most recently, Maroon 5 received a Grammy nomination for "Misery," the debut single off “Hands All Over” in the category of Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals. The nod marks the group’s seventh Grammy nomination overall and fourth in that category. Maroon 5’s releases have gone gold and platinum in over 35 countries around the world, including “Hands All Over,” which was certified gold by the RIAA in December 2010.

Shelton, the reigning CMA Male Vocalist of the Year, is currently #1 on the Billboard Country chart for the third week in a row with his smash hit “Honey Bee” off “Red River Blue,” coming out July 12. “Honey Bee” is off his eighth studio album and tops the chart with nearly one million in digital single sales, holding the record for the fastest-selling digital single to be certified gold by the R.I.A.A. by a country male. “Honey Bee” marks Shelton’s fourth consecutive #1 hit following "Who Are You When I'm Not Looking," "All About Tonight" and "Hillbilly Bone." His CD, “LOADED: The Best of Blake Shelton,” debuted in the Top 10 on the country charts, adding Shelton into an elite group of artists who have charted three records in one year. Shelton has nine #1 hits and has not had a single peak outside the Top Ten since 2007.

Shelton made his debut with the single "Austin," released from his self-titled first album that later became gold-certified. The song occupied the top spot on Billboard's Hot Country Songs charts for five weeks. Shelton's second album, "The Dreamer," and his third, "Blake Shelton's Barn & Grill," also were certified gold.

Shelton's other popular albums include "Pure BS," "Startin' Fires," "Hillbilly Bone," "All About Tonight" and "Loaded: The Best of Blake Shelton" (his first compilation album). The albums yielded such hit singles as "Ol' Red" (considered Shelton's signature song), "All Over Me," "The Baby," "Some Beach," "Goodbye Time," "Nobody But Me" (which appeared on the television movie "The Christmas Blessing"), "Home," "The More I Drink," "Don't Make Me," "She Wouldn't Be Gone," "I'll Just Hold On," "Hillbilly Bone," "All About Tonight," and more recently, "Who Are You When I'm Not Looking." In addition, Shelton's duet with Trace Adkins, "Hillbilly Bone," reached #1 last year and won every country collaboration award from the CMA Awards, ACM Awards, CMT Awards and ACA Award shows. He also collaborated with his Grammy-winning wife, Miranda Lambert, for their #1 hit single "Home." This year he scored the most CMT Award wins with “Male Video of the Year” and “Best Web Video of the Year.”

Last fall, Shelton won six awards, one of which was the prestigious Male Vocalist of the Year at the “44th Annual CMA Awards.” He also won awards for Vocal Event of the Year from the ACM Awards, Musical Event of the Year from the CMA Awards, Collaborative Video of the Year (with Adkins) from the CMT Awards, Music Video of the Year from the ACA Awards and Music Video: Male from the ACA Awards. He also is a Grammy nominee and was inducted into the prestigious Grand Ole Opry.

“The Voice” is a presentation of Mark Burnett’s One Three Inc., Talpa Content USA, Inc. and Warner Horizon Television. The series is created by John de Mol, who executive-produces along with Burnett, Audrey Morrissey and Stijn Bakkers.

For contestant blogs, embeddable clips and full episodes of “The Voice,” please visit NBC.com's official show site: http://www.nbc.com/TheVoice.

For artwork and a complete press kit from the show please visit the NBC Universal Media village website at http://www.nbcumv.com.

Please follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NBCTheVoice and on twitter at @NBCTheVoice and #TheVoice.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »
Return on Feb 5, 2012 after SuperBowl!

The Voice 2 Promo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZPd-162e41o?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZPd-162e41o?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

The Voice 2 Second Promo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCCoeM3Oh7Q?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WCCoeM3Oh7Q?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:43:16 PM by LoveRocked »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:14:44 PM »
“The Voice” Coaches’ Teams Revealed for Season 2

EIGHT AWARD-WINNING MUSICIANS JOIN COACHES CHRISTINA AGUILERA, CEE LO GREEN, ADAM LEVINE AND BLAKE SHELTON AS ADVISERS TO THEIR TEAMS ON NBC’S ‘THE VOICE’
Music Legend Lionel Richie and Multi-Platinum Artists Kelly Clarkson, Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds, Jewel, Miranda Lambert, Alanis Morissette, Ne-Yo and Robin Thicke Are Set to Lend Their Expertise During the Battle Rounds Stage of Competition on Season Two of the Hit Series

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. — January 6, 2012– NBC’s “The Voice” coaches have enlisted multi-platinum singer-songwriters Kelly Clarkson, Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds,” Jewel, Miranda Lambert, Alanis Morissette, Ne-Yo, Lionel Richie and Robin Thicke to lend their knowledge and skills as advisers to six separate artists on Teams Adam (Levine), Blake (Shelton), Cee Lo (Green) and Christina (Aguilera), respectively, during the “battle rounds” phase of competition on the upcoming season.

“The Voice” premieres on a special night and time, Sunday, February 5, (10-11 p.m. ET; time approximate) following Super Bowl XLVI on NBC before settling into its regular time slot of Mondays (8-10 p.m. ET) beginning Monday, February 6. The adviser and team pairings are as follows:

Team Adam: Alanis Morissette (@morissette) and Robin Thicke (@robinthicke)

Team Blake: Kelly Clarkson (@Kelly_Clarkson) and Miranda Lambert (@Miranda_Lambert)

Team Cee Lo: Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds (@KennyEdmonds) and Ne-Yo (@NeYoCompound)

Team Christina: Jewel (@jeweljk) and Lionel Richie (@LionelRichie)

The announcement was made today by Paul Telegdy, President, Late Night and Alternative Programming, NBC.

“These renowned musicians will bring their unique and recognizable musical styles to the teams,” said Telegdy. “They are well-respected singers whose invaluable experience will be a tremendous asset to Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton’s artists.”

The battle rounds will pit two artists from each team against each other to sing a duet. At the end of each battle round performance, the artists’ respective coach will decide who among their team will move on to the live shows, and who will be eliminated from the competition.

Aguilera (@TheRealXtina), Green (@CeeLoGreen), Levine (@adamlevine) and Shelton (@blakeshelton) each recruited two music industry giants as advisers to help mentor and prepare six separate artists on their respective teams of 12 for the battle rounds. The artists will receive personal one-on-one training with their coach and adviser as they break down their song selection and stage performance. Each artist will also join their coach and adviser for an intimate conversation whereby they will have the opportunity to ask questions of the superstars before them.

Advisers to Team Christina:

Jewel — Jewel is an acclaimed American singer, songwriter, actress, poet, painter, philanthropist and daughter to an Alaskan cowboy singer-songwriter. From the remote ranch of her Alaskan youth to the triumph of international stardom, the four-time Grammy nominee, hailed by the New York Times as a “songwriter bursting with talents,” has enjoyed career longevity rare among her generation of artists. Whether alone with her guitar or fronting a band of ace musicians, Jewel has always been a charismatic live performer, earning the respect of other singer-songwriters such as Merle Haggard, Bob Dylan and Neil Young, who, not only invited her to open their shows, but mentored her in the early phases of her career. Her singular style and beauty continuously land her on the covers of such diverse magazines as Time, People, Entertainment Weekly, Vanity Fair, In Style, Glamour and Seventeen. The London Times called her “the most sparkling singer songwriter since Joni Mitchell” while Blender crowned her “rock’s sexiest poet.”

Lionel Richie — Richie is an award-winning International singer-songwriter, producer and humanitarian. His touchingly soulful lyrical prowess and crisp, soothing vocals have earned him recognition as one of the most successful and talented balladeers of all time, and he is behind such #1 hits as “Endless Love,” (the iconic duet with Diana Ross) “Truly,” “All Night Long (All Night),” “Hello” and “Say You, Say Me.”

Richie has attained long-standing success and international acclaim and has sailed beyond genre to carve out his mark among the best singer-songwriters of all time. A music legend, he has received numerous awards and sold over 100 million albums worldwide. After gaining international fame and widespread recognition as a notable figure in both music history and music present, Richie is now working on his 10th studio album, “Tuskegee,” due out in March 2012.

Advisers to Team Cee Lo:

Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds – A 10-time Grammy winner with 11 solo albums of his own, Edmonds’ impeccably crafted explorations of love, romance and relationships have made an indelible imprint on the evolution of contemporary pop music throughout the world. These include over 125 Top-10 R&B and pop hits, 42 #1 R&B hits, and 51 Top-10 pop hits (including 16 #1’s), which have produced single and album sales in excess of over 500 million units worldwide. Just a few of the vocalists from which his music can be heard include Beyoncé, Whitney Houston, Boyz II Men, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Eric Clapton, Mary J. Blige, Michael Jackson, TLC, Toni Braxton, Celine Dion, John Mellencamp, Brandy, Aretha Franklin, Fall Out Boy, Pink, Charlie Wilson, Chrisette Michele and Anthony Hamilton.

Edmonds is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Soul Train Music Awards, BMI Awards, NAACP Image Awards and American Music Awards, and was the recipient of the third BET Walk of Fame Award (previous honorees were Jackson and Houston), and was named BET’s “Entertainer of the Year” at the first Annual BET Awards Ceremony.

Ne-Yo — This Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter, composer, and producer is one of music’s most talented and prolific artists and a man who needs only one name: Ne-Yo. In less than five years, he’s produced three #1 albums, sold more than 10 million copies worldwide and collaborated with everyone from Michael Jackson to Tim McGraw.

After taking a few years off to work on several films, Ne-Yo’s back with his fourth project, “Libra Scale,” a stellar effort that’s sure to race up the charts and catapult the R&B superstar to even greater heights.

Advisers to Team Adam:

Alanis Morissette — Since 1995, Morissette has been one of the most influential singer-songwriter-musicians in contemporary music. Her deeply expressive music and performances have earned vast critical praise, 12 Canadian Juno Awards, seven Grammy Awards (with an additional 14 nominations), and sales of over 60 million albums worldwide. Morissette’s 1995 debut, “Jagged Little Pill,” was followed by such eclectic and acclaimed albums as “Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie” (1998), “MTV Unplugged” (1999), “Under Rug Swept” (2002), “So-Called Chaos” (2004), “Jagged Little Pill Acoustic” (2005), her greatest hits album, “The Collection” (2005), “Flavors of Entanglement”(2008), as well as musical contributions to theatrical releases. Morissette is currently in the recording studio working on her sixth studio album which is due out this spring. For more information, see www.alanis.com.

Robin Thicke – Thicke’s breakthrough release, 2006’s “The Evolution of Robin Thicke,” produced the mega-hit “Lost Without U,” which became the #1 most played song in Urban Adult Contemporary BDS and topped four Billboard charts simultaneously as he established himself as one of the most-respected singer-songwriters in soul and R&B music today. By 2007, his awards included the VH1 Soul/Vibe award for Best Breakthrough Artist and nominations from BET (Best Male R&B and Viewer’s Choice), Soul Train (Best R&B Soul Album, Male), MTV VMA (Male Artist of the Year), MOBO (Best Song, “Lost Without U”), the American Music Awards (Favorite Breakthrough Artist) and the ASCAP Song of the Year for “Lost Without You.”

The award-winning multi-platinum superstar returned to center stage in 2008 with “Something Else.” Debuting at #3 on The Billboard 200, “Something Else” is Thicke’s highest-charted album to date. Thicke obtained yet another Top-10 hit single with “Magic” hitting #2 on the urban charts. In December 2009, Thicke released “Sex Therapy,” an album that created a fantasy world of eroticism, while still dealing with the honest struggle a man has with seduction, loneliness and betrayal. The title song, “Sex Therapy,” was hailed by critics as “the sexiest song of the year” and went on to be #1 on the R&B/ Hip Hop charts and also won an ASCAP Rhythm and Soul Award. Thicke recently released his fifth studio album, “Love After War.”

Advisers to Team Blake:

Kelly Clarkson — Since bursting onto the music scene 10 years ago, Clarkson has released five studio albums (“Thankful,” “Breakaway,” “My December,” “All I Ever Wanted” and “Stronger”), sold over 20 million albums worldwide, 10 million albums in the U.S., and has had nine singles in the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart. She is the recipient of two Grammy Awards, two American Music Awards, two MTV Awards and 11 Billboard Awards. Clarkson’s most recent effort, “Stronger,” debuted at #2 on both the Billboard Top 200 and Digital Albums Chart. The album produced the single, “Mr. Know It All,” which marks her ninth Top-10 hit.

Miranda Lambert – Lambert is country’s reigning Female Vocalist of the Year, as bestowed by both the Country Music Association (CMA) and Academy of Country Music (ACM). She’s won the prized Album of the Year trophy from both organizations, as well as from the ACMs, her second record, “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,” and from the CMAs and ACMs for her third, “Revolution.”

She received the top country female vocal performance honor at the most recent Grammy Awards for “The House That Built Me.” She’s also been named one of People magazine’s Most Beautiful People and one of Maxim’s Hottest Women of Country. Lambert recently released her fourth studio album, “Four the Record,” which debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums Chart and established her as the first country artist in the SoundScan era to have each of her first four albums debut at #1.

“The Voice” returns with the strongest vocalists from across the country invited to compete in the blockbuster vocal competition show’s second season. Celebrity musician coaches Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton return along with Carson Daly as host. Christina Milian joins as Social Media Correspondent.

The show’s innovative format features three stages of competition: the first begins with the blind audition, then the competition enters into a battle phase, and finally, the live performance shows.

During the blind auditions, the decisions from the musician coaches are based solely on voice and not on looks. The coaches hear the artists perform, but they don’t get to see them — thanks to rotating chairs. If a coach is impressed by the artist’s voice, he/she pushes a button to select the artist for his/her team. At this point, the coach’s chair will swivel so that he/she can face the artist he/she has selected.

Once the teams are set, the battle is on. Coaches will dedicate themselves to developing their singers, giving them advice, and sharing the secrets of their success. During the battle rounds the coaches will pit two of their own team members against each other to sing the same song together in front of a studio audience.

After the vocal face-off, the coach must choose which of his/her singers will advance.

At the end of the battle episodes, only the strongest members of each coach’s roster remain and proceed to the live stage shows.

In this final performance phase of the competition, the top artists from each team will compete against each other during a live broadcast. The television audience will vote to save their favorite talent, leaving the coach to decide live who they want to save and who will not move on. In the end, each coach will have one star artist left ready to compete against the other teams’ finalists to be named “The Voice” – the winner will receive the grand prize of a recording contract.

“The Voice” is a presentation of Mark Burnett’s One Three Inc., Talpa Content USA, Inc. and Warner Horizon Television. The series is created by John de Mol, who executive-produces along with Burnett, Audrey Morrissey, Stijn Bakkers and Lee Metzger.

Social Media Correspondent Milian finds out why celebrity advisers Richie, Clarkson, Lambert, Jewel, Morrisette, Edmonds, Ne-Yo and Thicke decided to be a part of the show.

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/01/the-voice-coaches-teams-revealed-for-season-2/

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 09:23:49 PM »
I saw the post SuperBowl episode last night. The part which stuck with me the most was the last guy who had been a Mouseketeer with Christina Aguilera. She did not recognize him or his voice, but I believe somebody in Production clued her that he wolud still be in the holding area with family and Carson Daly. They had a reunion. The most outstanding singer, who should win "going away" (as they say in horse races) sang in Italian.
Chris Mann (thanks, Loverocked) has an unbelievable voice.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:13:37 AM by apskip »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 11:40:52 PM »
apskip, that was the opera major from Vanderbilt you're referring to. He definitely reminded me of another talent, Rusell Watson, who was not formally trained and was discovered in a bar in the UK and he could sing opera and pop. (You almost certainly heard him singing the theme to the TV series "Star Trek:Enterprise.")

I have to admit I do like Adam Levine's sensibilities as a coach on "The Voice."
-- theschnauzers

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 12:30:49 AM »
“The Voice” Has Best Post-Super Bowl Slot Ratings Since 2006

THE SEASON TWO PREMIERE OF ‘THE VOICE,’ FOLLOWING SUPER BOWL XLVI, SCORES THE HIGHEST 18-49 RATING FOR ANY ENTERTAINMENT TELECAST ON ANY NETWORK IN SIX YEARS

IN TOTAL VIEWERS, ‘THE VOICE’ MARKS NBC’S BEST POST-SUPER BOWL PROGRAM SINCE ‘FRIENDS’ IN 1996

IN ADULTS 18-49 AND TOTAL VIEWERS, ‘THE VOICE’ SCORES NBC’S TOP RESULTS FOR ANY ENTERTAINMENT TELECAST SINCE THE SERIES FINALE OF ‘FRIENDS’ IN 2004

‘THE VOICE’ IS UP 47 PERCENT IN ADULTS 18-49 AND 40 PERCENT IN TOTAL VIEWERS VERSUS LAST YEAR’S POST-SUPER BOWL TELECAST OF ‘GLEE’

A SPECIAL ‘LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON’ TOPS THE SHOW’S RECORD RESULTS BY 32 PERCENT IN 18-49 AND 55 PERCENT IN TOTAL VIEWERS

Universal City, Calif. – February 6, 2012 – Last night, the second season premiere of “The Voice,” which aired following NBC Sports’ coverage of Super Bowl XLVI, delivered the highest 18-49 rating for any entertainment program on any broadcast network in six years, according to “fast affiliate-based” “live plus same day” viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research.

Sunday from 10:19-11:21 p.m. ET, “The Voice” averaged a 16.3 rating in adults 18-49 and 37.6 million viewers overall. This marks the highest 18-49 rating for any television entertainment program in six years, since ABC’s post-Super Bowl telecast of “Grey’s Anatomy” on February 5, 2006.

Last night’s telecast of “The Voice” also marks NBC’s highest-rated post-Super Bowl telecast in adults 18-49 in 14 years, since “3rd Rock from the Sun” on January 25, 1998 (a 17.1 rating), and in total viewers, it was NBC’s top post-Super Bowl telecast since “Friends” on January 28, 1996 (52.9 million).

Last night’s telecast of “The Voice” marks NBC’s highest-rated entertainment telecast overall in both adults 18-49 and total viewers since the series finale of “Friends” on May 6, 2004.

Versus last year’s post-Super Bowl telecast of “Glee,” “The Voice” was up by 47 percent in 18-49 rating (16.3 vs. 11.1) and up 40 percent in total viewers (37.6 million vs. 26.8 million).

This marks new series records for “The Voice” in all key measures. In 18-49 rating, last night’s 16.3 rating is up 186 percent versus the show’s previous high (a 5.7 from 9-11 p.m. ET on Tuesday, May 3, 2011). In total viewers, last night’s telecast is up 161 percent versus the show’s previous high (14.4 million viewers from 10-11 p.m. on Tuesday, May 31, 2011, following the season premiere of “America’s Got Talent”).

Last season, “The Voice” (5.5/15 in adults 18-49, 13.7 million viewers overall) was the season’s #1 new series in adults 18-49 and NBC’s top new series in that demo since the launch of “Heroes” during the 2006-07 season. Among all entertainment series on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW last season, “The Voice” ranked behind only “American Idol” in adults 18-49

Last night’s NBC lineup also featured a special edition of “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” from Indianapolis, which averaged a 2.5 rating in adults 18-49 and 6.166 million viewers overall from 11:56 p.m.-12:56 a.m. ET. This easily stands as Fallon’s top-rated telecast to date in both adults 18-49 and total viewers.

Compared with the show’s previous series highs (1.9 in18-49 rating, 4.0 million viewers overall on January 22, 2010, following Conan’s final “Tonight Show”), Fallon was up 32 percent in 18-49 rating and 55 percent in total viewers.

Note that all ratings are “live plus same day” unless otherwise indicated.

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/02/the-voice-has-best-post-super-bowl-slot-numbers-since-2006/

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 12:42:01 AM »
Raelynn – 17 -”Hell on Heels” by Miranda Lambert.  She comes from a farm!  She’s there with her parents.  Uh oh. And she’s hoping Blake turns around. Blake is smiling!  Adam pushes his button right away.   Blake punches his button. This girl sounds REAL nervous.  Gutsy vocals. She’s got grit, which I like.  Adam is trying to convince Raylynn to pick her.  Raylynn says Miranda is her Idol. Cee Lo and Christina compliment her.  Blake says. I CAN MAKE YOU A COUNTRY STAR. Adam: Why wouldn’t you want to be more than that? Oh. Burn. She hesitates, but goes with Blake.  Of course she did. TEAM BLAKE

http://youtu.be/WltUTBhYIwY

Jesse Campbell – 42 – “Song For You” – He’s a single dad who became homeless after his wife left him. He sings at churches and weddings. He’s looking for a fresh start. Now he’s crying. Wow. Cee Lo, Xtina and Adam turned around IMMEDIATELY. Adam looks entranced. Blake turned around after a bit too. There’s going to be a fight over this one!. He’s got a very sweet R&B falsetto. Lots of feeling in his delivery. STANDING O. Blake regrets not turning around. Christina will work hard for him. “Your style is strong brother” says Cee Lo. Adam says, “You just blew me away” Adam brags about coaching the winner. Hmf. Not mentioning that the winner’s album TANKED. Jesse picks the first coach who came to his mind–Christina. Team Christina

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5aD8QvwnrOU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5aD8QvwnrOU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Juliette Simms – 25 – “Oh Darling” – Rocker from Florida. She’s been performing live since she was 14. She’s got a nice rasp. Adam and Ceelo turn around when she hits the chorus. Adam is standing up with his fist in the air.  Juliette is crawling around on the floor as she sings. Christina finally turns around. “Hi my name is Adam, I’m going to sell you a car!” – Christina snarking on Adam. Adam says Christina is one of the best singers on earth, but she’s not one of the best coaches. He loves “the dirt” in Juliette’s voice. Christina keeps interrupting Adam. She needs to shut up right now. Ugh. A whole season of Christina the harpie? I hope not.  Cee Lo says,  “You turn me on.” TMI! “I heard the story of my life in that song.” Juliette says she’s humbled…but she’s going to pick…Cee Lo. Oh! After Adam practically creamed over her, I was sure she’d pick him. Team Cee Lo

http://youtu.be/XiYsJ4nyhPw

Chris Mann – Because We Believe – His mom has pancreatic cancer. Oh. That’s terrible. She wants him to continue to work toward his dream, despite her terminal illness. He’s a pop opera singer. The look on Blake’s face as Chris warbled was pretty priceless. Cee Lo turns around 1st, then Christina. “I loved it!” says Christina. Blake says he couldn’t understand one word he was singing. Cee Lo called it exceptionally beautiful. Chris says for this show he was going to “sing like myself”.  He’s got decent vocals, but he’s so different than the rest of the group, I don’t know how he’ll compete singing pops songs.  I’ll be surprised if he survives the battle rounds.  Chris asks each one what they’d do for him if they were his coach. “I know what to do with real vocalists,” says Christina. And he picks her. Team Christina

http://youtu.be/a1q2GxFZGlA

Tony Lucca – “Trouble” – Tony was in the Mickey Mouse club with Xtina, Justin Timberlake and Britney. Unlike that trio, he didn’t hit the big time in Hollywood. Will Xtina recognize his voice? Probably not. Adam turns around for him. Christina turns around and then Blake. Adam gets up out of his chair and punches Cee Lo’s button! Tony has a nice gritty voice. He sings with conviction (and an acoustic guitar). Adam felt real pain and energy in his voice–thinks he’ll have a great career (Like Javier? Sorry, I just can’t let up on the fact that last year’s winner’s album tanked. The coaches can’t brag or promise they can launch careers). LOL XTINA HAS NO F*CKING IDEA WHO HER FORMER CAST MATE IS. Even after she turns around! Her generic compliments make that clear.  Adam is begging to be picked. And Tony picks Adam. After Xtina was TOLD who he was…she hurried backstage to say Hi to him. She said Britney had a crush on him! Hmf. I bet Britney would remember him!  (Supposedly he’s got 500k twitter follows and has been releasing albums for years.)  Team Adam

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OJ8dMg_YMPk?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OJ8dMg_YMPk?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-2-the-premiere.htm

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 12:54:13 AM »
The Line – Haley and Leland – “American Girl” – A country duo. Blake turns around first and is surprised to see two people. Haley joins in on harmonies, which could be tighter, but I like the individual sounds of their voices. Christina turns around, Cee Lo next and then Adam! Blake is pissed. Adam says he wants to be part of their energy. Cee Lo loves their chemistry, sees the connection. Christina hears something amazing–fun. The second singer made her turn around. Blake says he can relate to female signers, because he’s married to one. Adam rolls his eyes. The duo is having trouble deciding. Surprisingly, they pick Christina! Adam swears. Blake thought they were going to pick him. “They were fooled by flash and boobs.” Team Christina.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uXxlR1oa66w?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uXxlR1oa66w?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Jamar Rogers – “Seven Nation Army” – Six years ago he got clean off of Crystal meth. As a result of his drug addiction, he’s HIV positive. He’s another “invited” contestant. The show is probably casting him because he was on Idol before. You remember him? He was Danny Gokey’s best friend in Season 8. He was cut in Hollywood, while Danny moved on. I don’t think the HIV positive part of his story was discussed on Idol. Big chunks of his story have been left out. His faith isn’t part of this story at all (Danny knew him from church). He’s singing, but it takes awhile for Cee Lo to turn around. AND he’s the only one giving love to Jamar. It’s ok. Jamar is a hard core fan. It’s the reason he auditioned for the show. Christina and Adam thought he belonged to Cee Lo. He tells Cee Lo he lives in New York City and Atlanta. Wait Jamar…no love for Wisconsin? You lived there too.  Jamar sounds better than I remember him. He’s got a nice soulful rasp. Team Cee Lo

No links Video.

Gwen Sebastian– “Stay” – Comes from a family of musicians in North Dakota. Her boyfriend is supporting her musical dreams. She’s giving up having kids to persue music.  She’s a country singer. Nobody is turning around, but she’s got a nice twang-beautiful catch in her voice.  Finally, Blake turns around, and then Cee Lo. On the last note, Adam turns around.  Blake is really mad again. He says she’s got a great country vocal.  Blake says he’s her country guy. Adam wants to do something different. He loves the way she projected. Cool and confident. He doesn’t try to convince her. PICK BLAKE. And she does. Team Blake

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/leB06Wwp01g?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/leB06Wwp01g?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Kim Yarborough – 50 – “Tell Me Something Good” – She doesn’t have a problem being 50. It’s everyone else. She’s got a big old fashioned voice. Have no idea what they’d do with her. She’d be great on a cruise or in the clubs, but she’s not a pop star. And it has nothing to do with her age. Adam and Christina turned around for her. “We’re going to fight over you like children,” says Adam. Blake points out that Adam won last year. Oooh. Dissing Christina. Adam says she has no limitations. Christina says she can sing anything she wants to. And Adam is finally picked. – Team Adam.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AdqY6P0MIZA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AdqY6P0MIZA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Angie Johnson – 31 – “Heartbreaker” – She was a stealth bomber in the military. She’s a singer in the military band that made a You Tube video that went viral.  Carson Daly found it online (RIGHT).  She’s like, a SUPER HOT stealth bomber. She’s got pitch issues, but she’s got a big ole voice.  Lots of power there.  Cee Lo is the only one to turn around. He wants to see how pretty she is, so he puts on some big silly sun glasses. Har dee Har Har. He says he likes a woman with guts, confidence and power. – Team Cee Lo

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eksTXSuLGdU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eksTXSuLGdU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Lindsey Paveo – “Say Ahh” by  Trey Songz – She loves music, especially Radiohead, Nirvana etc. She’s only performed in front of 40 people or so and is afraid of choking, because she’s done it before. This girl was featured in a promo I posted a few weeks ago. She’s got a unique voice. Beautiful tone, great phrasing. Christina turns around, then Cee Lo. Then Blake, who says he loves her voice. “And your hair is bad ass.”. Blake compares her to Fiona Apple. Christina enjoyed every moment. So she has to pick. And she picks Christina – Team Christina

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d49JHLx--pE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/d49JHLx--pE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Jermaine Paul – 33 – “Complicated” – Is Alicia Keys background singer. Alicia has taught him a lot. His daughter told hm about the show. Alicia wishes him good luck via video. Background singers are usually in the background because they don’t have the “it” factor to be out front. Cee Lo turns around. This guy is very shouty. A hot mess. No control at all. Blake turns around. Cee Lo liked his SWAG. He liked his confidence. Jermaine says he wants to be “kept”. Blake says “Keep” is up to him, how hard he works. Jermaine wants to know why he turned after Cee Lo. WHOA. He goes for Blake. I wasn’t expecting that.  He must watch the show. He knows Blake will support him, even after the show is over.  Here’s Jermaine covering Trey Songs. Team Blake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhs_VhlT_r8

Angel Taylor – “Someone Like You” – Her father was abusive. At one point, the family picked up and fled.  She covers Adele, but has  pitch problems and is weirdly taking on some of Adele’s phrasing. Adam turns around first.  Cee Lo and Blake also turn around. Adam says she wasn’t good at the beginning. Blake says, “I thought she was good at the beginning”.  Adam says, “I’m not going to lie to her.” Ohh.  Cee Lo liked her lower register.  Angel has a crush on Blake, who says he doesn’t know what he can do for her, but he’ll try. Adam says he DOES know what he can do for her, and that impresses her. She picks Adam.  Angel had a record contract a few years ago, and a song on the VH1 countdown. Here’s her song. She sound very different here. (I didn’t really like her audition much). Team Adam

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mDoIBs82qgM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mDoIBs82qgM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-2-blind-auditons-2-video.htm

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 10:15:10 AM »
The thing that is clear is each coach will have 12 singers on his/her team initially. This is up from 8 last season. It just means that the ones who make it through will have survived more competition.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 02:27:40 PM »
I went back and ran my tape from last night's The Voice episode. What I found most interesting is how CeeLo Green was uncontested for 2 very good singers. Jamar Rogers and Angie Johnson went to Cee Lo and I bet they want to prove the other coaches wrong.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 11:39:54 PM »
Sarah Golden – 27 – Houston  -  “You and I” by Gaga – Why wouldn’t they show us her face at first? For a second, I thought she might be a boy.  Blake says she’s honest sounding. “It’s so real and refreshing. Cee Lo and Blake  turned.  She describes herself as a folk singer. She’s got a pleasant voice.  Cee Lo wants a diverse team.  Blake says Cee Lo wants her to be an experiment. She should pick Blake! “I want you both” – sarah. “You can’t handle us both” – Cee Lo.  She picks Clee Lo. Hm. – Team Cee Lo

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xompje_sara-golden-you-i-the-voice-2012-auditions_music&start=154

Pip – 19 – “House of the Rising Sun” -  Says his voice and his look don’t  go together. He favors jaunty bow ties.  He looks young, but says his voice is mature sounding.  He sings. And I’m not surprised at all. Adam turns around right away.  Blake turns around next, and then Christina and Cee Lo. Wait…what’s so great about this kid? He’s having trouble hitting the high notes. Oh. and that name? Is really stupid.  Blake tries to sell himself as a team with hardly any guys.  Christina says she’d work so hard for him.  Cee Lo says he’s an old soul and loved his song choice. Adam says it takes a real man to wear a bow tie.  Adam gives the best pitch. He likes that Pip is a chameleon.  Blake throws shade on Adam, who brags that he won last year. Christina says she had success before Maroon 5 did. LOTS OF TRASH TALK.  Finally…Pip chooses  Adam because he was the first one to turn. – - Team Adam

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xompvv_pip-house-of-the-rising-sun-the-voice-2011-auditions_music&start=8

Katrina Parker – 34 – Hollywood CA – “One of Us” – PLANT ALERT. Carson is delivering an invite. She’s an underwriting assistant. Obviously her day job. I wonder what I’ll find when I do a Google search? She suffered from an allergy to hidden mold in her house. She couldn’t sing for 2 years. She started singing again early this year. This is a big way to come back, she says. Adam is the first to turn around. She’s kind of an Adele clone. In looks as well. Adam has a big smile on his face. He’s got her to himself. Cee Lo tells her that she looks so nice (pervy) “I win!” says Adam. He says he heard something different. – Team Adam.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xomqia_katrina-parker-if-god-was-one-of-us-the-voice-2012-auditions_music&start=0

Erin Martin – 28  – Chicago IL – “Hey There Delilah” She used to be a model and has done showcases with major labels who told her she needed “development”. Hm.  Blake and Cee Lo turn right away. NO FAIRS THEY COULD HEAR HER HEELS. They are guessing she’s a babe. UGH. She has a super goatie muppety voice. Really super unpleasant, with the most affected phrasing. NO. NO. NO.  OMG she’s got a big crazy beehive.  Cee Lo is so happy to see she’s the babe he figured she was. He’s being really  flirty in the creepiest way. “Quite naturally you belong to me, don’t you agree?” says Cee Lo. Ew. Blake says “Your smile is contagious. You’re that special sound. I would love to be your coach.” Adam didn’t turn around because he was confused by her voice.  That’s one way to put it.  She picks Cee Lo. Somehow, I’m not surprised.  Cee Lo is holding his cat (!!) and says, “I deserve her.”  EW EW EW.  – Team Cee Lo

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xomrl7_erin-martin-hey-there-delilah-the-voice-audition_music&start=0

James Massone – 23 – Boston, MA – “Find Your Love” – His family owns a Malden MA body shop. There was a fight in his basement and a bunch of his friends got shot dead in a fight. Or something. The story was a little confusing. Christina and Blake turn around together. Cee Lo turns around. He’s a little nasally, and a little sleepy, but he’s got a nice tone. He cries after his performance. Adam wasn’t expecting him to be white. Blake says he waited until the end to fall apart, and he respects that. Cee Lo likes his calm, smooth quality. He keeps wiping away tears. His first choice is Cee Lo – Team Cee Lo

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xomrzd_james-massone-find-your-love-the-voive-2012-audition_music&start=0

Chris Cauley – 27 – Atlanta, GA – “Grenade” – His musical influences are his grandmother, who is a bluegrass musician. He sings soul R&B, but he used to bring her out on stage with him. Nobody is turning around, until Cee Lo finally does. Adam turns after Chris sings some sweet falsetto. Chris has a very smooth soulful sound. Christina thought it was great all the way through. Blake thinks either Christina or Adam would be a good fit. Chris chooses Adam, who says he appreciated Chris’ consistency. Anoop Desai tweeted, “my boy @chriscauley on the voice! go get em man!” – Team Adam

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xomss6_chris-cauley-grenade-the-voice-2012-audition_music&start=0

Jordis Unga – 29 – Minnesota – “Maybe I’m Amazed” by Paul McCartney – PLANT ALERT! – She was a contestant on Rock Star INXS  in 2005.  Voice producer, Mark Burnett, ALSO produced Rock star. Will she mention her history? Nope.  She was an early favorite on Rockstar, starting off strong, but petering out toward the end. She came in 5th. I liked her then, and I like her now.  She was all dreaded out back in the day. Her look more is decided more stylish.  Doesn’t change the fact that she can sing her face off. Everyone but Adam turns around. “I am the ahole that didn’t pick you.” says Adam. Too bad. They might have been a good fit. Blake says hers is the voice that she’s been sitting and waiting for. “I’m a believer”. He mentions that Dia, his charge, is on tour with him right now. Christina says she has more time to spend with her because she’s NOT on tour. She chooses Blake. Good choice, I think. Team Blake

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xomt7h_jordis-unga-maybe-i-m-amazed-the-voice-2012-audition_music&start=0

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-2-%E2%80%93-blind-auditions-3-%E2%80%93-video.htm

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 03:25:50 PM »
Loverocked- I have to agree with all of your plants. Jordis was obvious. She has a Wikipedia page. Katrina also has a CD out, and a website. Good job snooping them out!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 04:18:22 PM »
Sorry late post!

Ducky – Carlisle, PA – “Tighten Up” – Ducky and his girlfriend won’t get married until he becomes a music star! He thinks if he makes the Voice, it will change everything. HA HA HA. Nobody is going to turn around for this guy. He’s got a generic throwback style. Not distinctive at all. Cee Lo says they are looking for the best. Blake says he’ll probably regret not picking Ducky. Really? Carson thinks there’s going to be a “What the heck happened to Ducky” movement on the internet tomorrow. UHM NO. Forgetting him already! Bye.

http://dai.ly/ywgkPO

Jonathas – 23 – “U Got It Bad” – Father of a young family, Jonathas was born in Rio De Jenairo. He learned English by listening to music. He must have been tiny, because he has no accent. Cee Lo turns around eventually. Then Christina. Dude reminds me of Stefano Langone with the cheesy dancing. I was waiting for Jonathas to rip off his shirt. Stephano has a better voice. And probably better abs, too. Cee Lo thought it was actually Usher (!!!). The ladies love Jonathas says Christina. X tina wants to “mold and package” him. Her description is slightly pervy. Jonathas ultimately chooses Christina as his mentor. – Team Christina

http://dai.ly/wS6NCy

Monique Benabou – 23 – “Mr. Know It All” – Alemeda, CA – Her mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was 12. Her motive with music is to help her family out. Well…she’s no Kelly Clarkson! Nobody is turning around yet. Monique’s singing becomes more desperate, but Christina finally turns around. Nothing about her vocal stood out for me. Pretty generic. I wouldn’t have turned around. Blake gives Christina a compliment! Monique is so excited to be coached by Xtina. – Team Christina

http://dai.ly/y851TR

Naia Kete – “The Lazy Song” – Naya’s mom is all dreaded up just like she is! She actually makes a living playing for tips out in the street. She’s got a quirky, distinctive voice. I wonder if she writes her own music? Blake turned around immediately. Cee Lo eventually pushes his button. Blake is pissed. “Cee Lo you push all my buttons,” says Naia. Christina likes the texture of her voice. “The minute you started singing, you made me smile,” says Blake. Cee Lo likes the soothing, innocent style of her voice. Blake said it had the opposite affect on him. It made him want to dance. Blake says he can tell she has her own ideas. Blake definitely sold himself better, and Naia thought so too. “I’ve got to go with Blake” she says. – Team Blake

Erick Macek – Bethlehem, PA – “Free Fallin” – His parents emigrated from Slovakia. He’s got a very nice tone. Blake is just about to push his button. He doesn’t seem to have a lot of range. No one turned around. Sad. Christina found it too mellow. Blake says he wouldn’t change anything. He almost pushed his button, but wasn’t sure how he’d do in a battle round. There weren’t a lot of dynamics going on in that performance. Loved the sound of his voice, though.

http://dai.ly/y83XvS

Charlotte Sometimes – Wall, NJ – “Apologize” – She had  surgery due to correct some sort of  jaw disease. Her mouth was wired shut for 6 months. She has a very arresting alto–an interesting tone. Adam finally turns around.  She sounds nervous. Eventually, all 4 coaches turn around! The fighting over Charlotte commences, and includes some weird sexual innuendo between Xtina and Blake. Blake thinks she’s unique–she reminds him of Xenia. Cee Lo compares her to a flower. Adam likes her beautiful simplicity. She picks Blake! – Team Blake

http://dai.ly/zpvjKo

Tony Vincent – “We Are The Champions – He’s a Broadway star. I’ve heard of this guy. Wow. Rent, Jesus Christ Superstar, American Idiot, QUEEN. And now he’s on the Voice. REALLY? His wife is pregnant. Tony thinks the show has integrity. WHAT GOOD IS IT IF IT WON’T MAKE YOU A STAR. Of course. He’s a fantastic singer. I’d laugh if no one turned around. Only Cee Lo turns around.  Cee Lo thinks the other 3 are crazy for not turning around. Blake thinks Tony got the perfect guy because he’s so over the top. Team Cee Lo

http://dai.ly/zT5BbB

Anthony Evans – 33 – “What’s Going On” – His dad is a famous TV preacher, Dr. Tony Evans. Hm. He’s a gospel act.  Gospel singer, Kirk Franklin is backstage. Anthony’s voice is weaksauce. Breathy, goatie, WAY OFF KEY. Christina turns around. Seriously? That was not good. Cee Lo likes the tremble in his voice. I find it distracting. Christina thought it was beautiful. She liked that his runs were sharp. Uhm. OK. My ears were bleeding, but whatever. Team Cee Lo

http://dai.ly/xX5kkK

Jamie Lono – Chicago – “Folsom Prison Blues” – Works at a sandwich shop. They let him play in between serving sammiches. He got a special invite to The Voice. Jamie  had half his lung removed when he was a kid. His family went bankrupt due to medical bills.  When Jamie began singing, Adam turned around immediately. Cee Lo turned around too, eventually. I like this guy! Very unique tone. Passionate. Cool, soulful twist on Johnny Cash. He looked like such a doofus in that sandwich shop. Cee Lo said, “You put some soul into that thang”. Cee Lo says, “We should hook up because I eat sandwiches.” Adam says, “I’ll make sure you’ll never have to make sandwiches again. Jamie picks Cee Lo – Team Cee Lo

http://dai.ly/xsEpjv

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-2-%E2%80%93-blind-auditions-4-%E2%80%93-recap-and-video.htm

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 04:20:18 PM »
Anthony Evans used to have a recording contract. And what about the Broadway guy? I think they're still rigging this show
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 04:20:52 PM »
Dylan Chambers – 19 – Arlington TX – “Valerie” – His mom is a voice coach. Dylan never knew his dad.  Mom is a leetle stage momish. “I knew Dylan would be a star the minute I saw him on stage”. Nobody turned around. Oops. Adam says it was so close. Cee Lo says he owned the last note. Christina didn’t find the magic. She thinks he needs to mature more. He had his moments, he hit a couple of crazy high notes that were pretty impressive, but the performance over all was pretty meh.

http://dai.ly/An8oD7

Justin Hopkins – Redondo Beach, CA – “Babylon” – Was in the Carson Daly house band. REALLY? He wants Cee Lo as a coach. And wouldn’t you know it…Cee Lo turns around. Justin comes down to give Cee Lo a big hug. Justin sounded so much like David Gray on that song, he didn’t really bring anything new to his version. But for Cee Lo, it’s all about growth. I don’t think originality is something you can teach. – Team Cee Lo

http://dai.ly/ziFPnX

Nicolle Galyon – “You Save Me” – Wants to bring her classical piano skills to country music. Aw her little brother is crying! She said she has stage fright, and you can tell–her voice cracks at points. Only Adam turned around for her. Not Blake. Adam could feel her specialness between her nervousness. Blake says that he has many country artists on his team–he wasn’t feeling her. I agreed with Adam. I thought she had her moments, despite her nervousness. Fun Fact to Know and Tell: Nicolle is the  co-writer of Idol alum, Lauren Alaina’s  Dirt Road Anthem and Growing Her Wings – Team Adam

http://dai.ly/ygsXLG

Eric Tipton – “You Make My Dreams” – Dallas TX – He’s a big white guy with a soulful voice. I was expecting a much deeper voice. His vocals are a little lightweight. Nobody turned around. I’m not surprised. Cut-rate Daryl Hall. Adam didn’t think he divorced himself from the original version. He didn’t.

http://dai.ly/xqbabp

Mathai – “Rumor Has It” – Her dad is a psychiatrist, and her mom a nurse. She was expected to go into medicine, but she realized that she needed to do music. She comes from a conservative Indian family. Adam turns around right away.  Cee Lo and Blake turn around eventually.  She does have a unique vocal style. But I am SO SICK OF ADELE COVERS. It’s all a blur at this point. Blake says, “We are looking at a star”.  Adam says, “You don’t sound like anyone I’ve ever heard.” Adam loved her confidence. Cee Lo says, “Wonderful rendition of the song.”  She picks Adam – Team Adam

http://dai.ly/ybFBSA

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-2-%E2%80%93-blind-auditions-4-%E2%80%93-recap-and-video.htm

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 06:35:43 PM »
Have to bump this to say that Lindsey better win after the utter robbing that occurred with Charlotte's elimination!
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »
The live rounds of The Voice have begun.

'The Voice': Who was silenced?
By Carly Mallenbaum, USA TODAY

After NBC's The Voice had its first live elimination show of the season Tuesday, two singers from Team Blake Shelton and Team Christina Aguilera were sent home. But not before some drama: The bottom three vote-getters on each team got a final chance to impress their mentors, who could each grant one singer immunity.

Two members of Blake Shelton's team were sent home Wednesday. Two singers from Christina Aguilera's team had to go, too.

Gym Class Heroes opened the show singing Back Home with Neon Hitch. The members of Team Adam Levine made a cameo appearance, singing, soundlessly, from the audience. Then, some results:

Safe on Team Blake: soulful Erin Willett, former backup singer Jermaine Paul and country-pop artist RaeLynn. That left his bottom three:

Naia Kete sang Beyonce's If I Were a Boy, and when Blake said he'd rather have heard her do reggae, she complained that "they wouldn't let me" pick a more reggae song.

Charlotte Sometimes' emotional final song was Goo Goo Dolls' Iris.

Jordis Unga performed a toned-down Wild Horses by the Stones.

Mentors Cee Lo Green, Christina and Adam said they would save Jordis. Blake, who had the only vote that granted immunity on his team, agreed: Jordis stayed, Naia and Charlotte were eliminated.

Safe on Team Christina: smooth Jesse Campbell, indie-rocking Lindsey Paveo and operatic Chris Mann. That left her bottom three:

Ashley De La Rosa sang an energetic Paris (Ooh La La) by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.

Sera Hill crooned Vision of Love by Mariah Carey.

Moses Stone, who decided to sing instead of his usual rap, performed Breakeven by The Script.

Adam and Blake said they would save Ashley. Cee Lo said he'd save Sera. Christina went with Ashley, and Sera and Moses went home.

Next Monday at 8 ET/PT, the members of Team Cee Lo and Team Adam take the stage.

www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/story/2012-04-03/the-voice-recap-tuesday/53982990/1

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 12:30:18 PM »
Saved by America

Team Adam

Mathai
    Tony Lucca
    Pip
    Katrina Parker – Saved by Adam

Team Ceelo

Juliet Simms
    Jamar Rogers
    James Massone
    Cheesa – Saved by Cee Lo

Singing to remain alive in this competition:

Team Adam: Katrina Parker, Kim Yarbrough,Karla Davis
Team Cee Lo:  Chesesa, Tony Vincent, Erin Martin

Last Chance performances

Kim Yarbrough – Team Adam – sang "Spotlight" by Jennifer Hudson

Karla Davis – Team Adam – “I Can’t Make You Love Me” by Bonnie Raitt

Katrina Parker – Team Adam – “Don’t Speak”  by No Doubt

Blake recommended saving Katrina. Christina Agrees with Blake. Cee Lo:  Would also save Katrina. Adam saves Katrina Parker

Tony Vincent – Teem Cee Lo – “Sweet Dreams” by Eurythmics

Cheesa – Teem Cee Lo - “All By Myself” by Eric Carmen

Erin Martin – Team Cee Lo – “Your Song” by Elton John

Adam: He recommended Cheesa, because she was amazing.  Blake: Agrees with Adam Would pick cheesa. Christina: Likes when the contestants can choose their own songs. Christina would also choose Cheesa.   Cee Lo saves Cheesa.

So there are now 16 singers left in this competition, 4 from each team.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 12:57:17 AM »
So glad Mathai and Pip were saved and that Erin Martin is gone. I was afraid Cee Lo was going to keep her the entire time.

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 08:09:42 PM »
I liked Erin for the entertainment so for that, I'll miss her

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 08:05:30 AM »
Here are the results from this week of Christina and Blake's teams of 4 being pared to teams of 2:

Team Christina - Chris Mann was selected by America's votes to be safe.
                        Lindsey was saved by Christina.     
                        Ashley was not saved by Christina and is now out.

Team Blake - Jermaine was selected by America's votes to be safe.
                    Erin was saved by Blake.                   
                    RaeLynn was not saved by Blake and is now out.

I find the pace of this show very ponderous. When will it ever end? The
Voice is now succeeding on Mondays at cramming 1 hour's worth of
entertainment into a 2 hour package and 15 minutes worth into an hour on Tuesdays.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 08:29:59 AM »
Team Adam
Tony Lucca- saved by America
BOTTOM TWO: Katrina Parker and Mathai
Adam chooses to save Katrina

Team Cee Lo
Jamar Rogers- saved by America
BOTTOM TWO: Juliet Simms and Cheesa
Cee Lo chooses to save Juliet

The round of 8 is now set for next week.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 10:22:01 AM »
I'm rooting for Chris Mann. I really love his voice.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 05:06:24 AM »
Mathai, Pip and Jesse are all gone now. :res: I guess I'll stick with the UK and Australian versions now. :lol:

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 05:22:48 PM »
Hopes for the Final 4
Blake: Erin
XTina: Lindsey
Cee-Lo: Juliet
Adam: Katrina, now that Mathai is gone :(

Expectations for the Final 4
Blake: Jermaine
XTina: Chris (though I prefer him over the other guys)
Cee-Lo: Tossup
Adam: Tony

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 01:49:03 AM »
the battle of Twilight just happened in The Voice Australia Season: 2

it's vampire VS wolf..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/muytMvKeImQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/muytMvKeImQ</a>
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 06:32:10 PM »
Zouly,

In order to keep different shows properly separate, I recommend that you create one for "The Voice Australia 2."

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 06:45:22 PM »
U.S. "The Voice 2" went from 8 to 4 remaining singers this week. Here were the results (determined by a combination of that coach's scores and the American popular vote):

Team Christina - Chris Mann 104 Lindsay Pavao 96

Team Adam - Tony Lucca 108 Katrina Parker 92 (note- this is the only result where the coach's difference made the difference)

Team Blake - Erin Willett 77 Jermaine Paul 123

Team CeeLo - Jamar Rogers 77 Juliet Simms 121

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 08:55:15 PM »
Ugh. I'm very tempted to not watch the finale of this. However, if Juliet wins, she will redeem this "season". Seriously. All of the best talents have been knocked out (though Juliet was an odds-on favorite from the beginning I think.) Charlotte from Team Blake, Lindsey from Team Christina, and Katrina from Team Adam all should be at the end (well Mathai and Pip should be too)

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
StevenWasHere,

It looks like you have a difficult job convincing the American voting audience to rate singers the way you want.

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2012, 02:57:32 PM »
StevenWasHere,

It looks like you have a difficult job convincing the American voting audience to rate singers the way you want.
:lol: Yeah. After last season where a majority of my favorites went so far and my opinions were on par with the American consensus, I had hoped this season would go the same way  :lol: Guess not  :lol3:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2012, 05:52:31 PM »
The finals were finished last night, so it's a good time to report what America saw live. The order of finish was:

1. Jermaine Paul
2. Juliet Simms
3. Tony Lucca
4. Chris Mann