Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603531 times)

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #1025 on: March 12, 2014, 08:07:59 AM »
In TAR22, if CaroJen were eliminated 1st in Bora Bora, they would not be in All-Stars 2. Who would take their place instead?

Pwinnie *prays*
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1026 on: March 12, 2014, 09:16:11 AM »
In TAR22, if CaroJen were eliminated 1st in Bora Bora, they would not be in All-Stars 2. Who would take their place instead?

Pwinnie *prays*

I wonder how well they'll do if they were given a 2nd chance.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1027 on: March 12, 2014, 11:14:13 AM »

Pwinnie *prays*

If Pam & Winnie replaced the country singers, they'd probably still be in the race so far.

LEG 1: Unless they are lost finding a bridal shop and overthink about the Canton Tower bubbles, they'll survive the premiere.
LEG 2: Mark & Mallory's troubles will cause them to at least stay ahead of Team Kentucky.
LEG 3: Joey & Meghan lost their taxi while Brendon & Rachel lost their raft. I'd suspect they can survive since Winnie said she is a big outdoors person.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1028 on: March 12, 2014, 07:44:35 PM »
or may be Federal Agents replaced the country singers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1029 on: March 13, 2014, 01:54:03 AM »

Pwinnie *prays*

If Pam & Winnie replaced the country singers, they'd probably still be in the race so far.

LEG 1: Unless they are lost finding a bridal shop and overthink about the Canton Tower bubbles, they'll survive the premiere.
LEG 2: Mark & Mallory's troubles will cause them to at least stay ahead of Team Kentucky.
LEG 3: Joey & Meghan lost their taxi while Brendon & Rachel lost their raft. I'd suspect they can survive since Winnie said she is a big outdoors person.

I think they'll make it great in China, since they're Asian. ;) Now I wonder if they could win leg 1's 2EPs. ??? :lol:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1030 on: March 13, 2014, 02:01:10 AM »

Pwinnie *prays*

I think they'll make it great in China, since they're Asian. ;) Now I wonder if they could win leg 1's 2EPs. ??? :lol:

If they get on the first flight and they get the clue on Canton Tower quickly I'd say they'll have a great chance of that.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1031 on: March 13, 2014, 05:06:43 AM »
3) S23 - What if the ticket agent hadn't messed up Chester & Ephraim's tickets on Leg 3?
Potential Outcome - They would have been on one of the first flights to Portugal, resulting in Tim & Marie being last and Eliminated, and this would have DEFINITELY changed the entire Season. We wouldn't have had Tim & Marie "Antics", they would have been Eliminated with both Express Passes. This is probably one of the BIGGEST "What Ifs" ever as it would have changed everything about Season 23!
[/quote]How many status would have changed if the army couple were lost FF in azerbaijan leg of TAR 20 to fitnesses
I counted at least twelve
1)The record for most leg win season remained at 7
2)We wouldn't see a confrontation between Army couple and border patrols about U-turning Brenchel
3)We wouldn't see an army couple complete construction camp task in leg 7
4)We wouldn't see a racer who completes bollywood dance in first attempt
5)We wouldn't see a team who missed a train in Japan but still win this leg
6)We wouldn't see a team who failed to complete any important tasks in an elimination leg but survived can win a race
7)Ernie & Cindy is the only team so far can win a race after won an EP
8)Fitness can win a race (first 10th place leg 1 to do so)
9)Border patrol can win a race (breaks leg 3 course)
10)Rachel & Brendon can win a race (first U-Turned team)
11)without army couple in leg 10 Vanessa may not be tripped and fell and therefore can win a leg
12)TAR 20 was less boring with more team win a leg

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1032 on: March 13, 2014, 05:10:18 AM »
All I can say then is:

Thank god Chester & Ephraim left.

If not Tim/Marie would be Jessica/Johned :(

It would be the worst season ever :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1033 on: March 13, 2014, 06:36:44 AM »
All I can say then is:

Thank god Chester & Ephraim left.

If not Tim/Marie would be Jessica/Johned :(

It would be the worst season ever :lol:

They would be double JJ'd (JJ'd sounds better :lol: ), or maybe you can say they would've received a JJ phenomenon, a double JJ phenomenon. :funny:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:43:25 AM by Platrium »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1034 on: March 13, 2014, 06:49:41 AM »
Days ago in one thread (I forgot which), I saw a post saying that: When a team is eliminated with an EP, the team who won the leg the EP team got eliminated on will receive the EP.

Then I thought of this for TAR22:
JJ gets eliminated with EP, D&C takes it.
D&C withdrew from the race, Pwinnie takes it.
Pwinnie will most likely use the EP on the detour in Botswana2, saving them from elimination.

On how far Pwinnie will go... I remember that this topic was already discussed somewhere along this thread.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1035 on: March 13, 2014, 07:39:29 AM »
Days ago in one thread (I forgot which), I saw a post saying that: When a team is eliminated with an EP, the team who won the leg the EP team got eliminated on will receive the EP.

Pwinnie will most likely use the EP on the detour in Botswana2, saving them from elimination.

On how far Pwinnie will go... I remember that this topic was already discussed somewhere along this thread.

5th or 4th place. Either they get revenge U-turned by YouTube or they would suck at self-navigation.

Here's a what-if? What if Bopper & Mark raced? Do you think they will still be eliminated?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:25:14 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1036 on: March 13, 2014, 09:49:10 AM »
If Bopper & Mark raced as a team, there will be a smaller chance that they will be eliminated in 10th, because they are compatible and they would most likely not argue about leaving a bag in case they do. They'll go back and get it right away, but I think they wouldn't leave the bag.

So it depends if they struggle at the detour or not. There's also a chance that they'd be with the first 7 teams at the pit stop, which will leave Meghan regretting on helping John. :lol:

I just thought of this:
Gary & Mallory should've just raced for Bopper & Mark. In other words, TAR should've replaced the whole team. In case Gary & Mallory won, they should just give the money to Bopper & Mark. I'm not sure with this if this will work though. :duno:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1037 on: March 13, 2014, 03:13:22 PM »

Pwinnie *prays*

If they get on the first flight and they get the clue on Canton Tower quickly I'd say they'll have a great chance of that.
Just because Winnie is Chinese doesn't mean she & Pam will do well in China. :lol: For example, Maria is Vietnamese and she & Tiffany were still struggling to get by both Legs in Vietnam.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #1038 on: March 13, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »

Dave & Connor would not have given it to Pwinnie I don't think. Banthony might have been more accurate.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1039 on: March 13, 2014, 04:45:13 PM »
What if Hoskote & Naina survived Leg 1, eliminated Brandon & Adam, and received the second Express Pass from Tim & Marie? How far would they have gotten?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1040 on: March 14, 2014, 12:47:23 AM »

Dave & Connor would not have given it to Pwinnie I don't think. Banthony might have been more accurate.

D&C won't give it, Pwinnie will "take" or win it. It would never happen I guess, since there's no such rule about that with the EP.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:56:50 AM by Platrium »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1041 on: March 14, 2014, 12:48:51 AM »

Pwinnie *prays*

Just because Winnie is Chinese doesn't mean she & Pam will do well in China. :lol: For example, Maria is Vietnamese and she & Tiffany were still struggling to get by both Legs in Vietnam.

But if they won't do exactly well, they wouldn't have a language barrier right? ???

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1042 on: March 14, 2014, 12:56:13 AM »
What if Hoskote & Naina survived Leg 1, eliminated Brandon & Adam, and received the second Express Pass from Tim & Marie? How far would they have gotten?

11th- Brandam
10th- Bingo
9th- ChesEph
8th- Afghanimals? / Hoskote & Naina?
7th- Oklahoma
6th- Bunnies? / Hoskote & Naina?
5th- Ice Girls? / Hoskote & Naina?
4th- Afghanimals? / Hoskote & Naina?
F3: Same.

Regardless of when the Exes will give them the EP, I don't think they'll make it s far as the F3.
The disappointing part is that TAR23's premiere was :barf (and so is TAR24's). So we didn't get to see much about Hoskote & Naina and their potential.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1043 on: March 14, 2014, 01:26:14 AM »

They will not go very far because their inner-team communication sucks (weaker version of Ron & Chris).

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1044 on: March 14, 2014, 07:13:38 AM »
What if Ryan and Abbie somehow survive The Netherlands?
i.e. they make their first intended flight (which I believe would have landed them ahead of the twins) or the Chippendales didn't go through with the u-turn (and Ryan and Abbie u-turn and beat Josh and Brent), etc.

My intrigue in this scenario is due to the fact that Ryan studied in Spain (I think this was mentioned in his bio) and at the start of leg 9 Abbie corrects Ryan in thinking that the Dutch flag is France IN FRENCH. The next two countries visited on this race were Spain and France. Assuming Ryan has at least a rudimentary knowledge of Spanish and Abbie of French would this be enough to propel them to the final, their $2 million and one of the greatest comebacks in race history?

What do you think..?
because of RB rule Abbie must complete two roadblock tasks in leg 10 and leg 11, tennis rb task in leg 10 is similiar table tennis task in leg 1 and find an mushroom in leg 11 is not a difficult task for Abbie
Abbie & Ryan would win final leg if Ryan completed the bungee jump rb task

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1045 on: March 18, 2014, 10:49:05 PM »
What if Rob & Sheila survived the 1st leg? How far could they go?
What if Matt & Daniel survived the 1st leg? How far could they go?

Not far. Answers for both of them.
1)Chipps 11th
Amy & Daniel 10th
Rob & Sheila 9th (They are both overweight and would have an difficulty with a cycle rickshaw and may be U-turned)
Caitlin & Brittany 8th (heavy tasks in leg 4 would kill them)
Rob & Kelley 7th
James & Abba 6th (loss passport in Moscow)
Gary & Will or Josh & Brent 5th (because the chipps went out in leg 1 and twinnie already completed FF, therefore Abbie & Ryan have a chance to U-turn other teams)
Nana 4th
Abbie & ryan have a chance to win DYM

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1046 on: March 19, 2014, 01:37:34 PM »

1)Chipps 11th
Amy & Daniel 10th
Rob & Sheila 9th (They are both overweight and would have an difficulty with a cycle rickshaw and may be U-turned)
Rob & Kelley 7th
Gary & Will or Josh & Brent 5th (because the chipps went out in leg 1 and twinnie already completed FF, therefore Abbie & Ryan have a chance to U-turn other teams)
Nana 4th

What are you talking about being overweight? Neither of them were overweight? Infact, if memory serves, they were both in pretty good shape.
I think your thinking of Rob & Kelley, and even at that, Kelley is faaaaaar from overweight.
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1047 on: March 19, 2014, 09:20:10 PM »

1)Chipps 11th
Amy & Daniel 10th
Rob & Kelley 7th
Nana 4th

What are you talking about being overweight? Neither of them were overweight? Infact, if memory serves, they were both in pretty good shape.
I think your thinking of Rob & Kelley, and even at that, Kelley is faaaaaar from overweight.

They'd be eliminated for being "overweight"!? :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: You're right, they're not even overweight.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1048 on: April 04, 2014, 07:37:33 PM »
We know from post-race interviews that Margie & Luke did not complete the Detour or Roadblock of Leg 5 because it was too late for them to perform any of the tasks.

But what if one of the other teams had lost their passport right before the Pit Stop? (Say some jerk robbed them) As seen with James & Abba, this would put this team in last place instead of Margie & Luke. But what about all the tasks they didn't do?

What would happen on this and the next leg?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1049 on: April 04, 2014, 08:52:33 PM »
We know from post-race interviews that Margie & Luke did not complete the Detour or Roadblock of Leg 5 because it was too late for them to perform any of the tasks.

But what if one of the other teams had lost their passport right before the Pit Stop? (Say some jerk robbed them) As seen with James & Abba, this would put this team in last place instead of Margie & Luke. But what about all the tasks they didn't do?

What would happen on this and the next leg?

I'm guessing that the team that lost their passports (let's say team XY) would be rejected at the pit stop and start looking for their passports. Margie & Luke (having not done any of the tasks), would probably be dealt with penalties (because they can't do any of the tasks due to Hours of Operation and waiting for them to start the next day would be more unhelpful).

Margie & Luke would be in 7th place (albeit hours and hours behind), and team XY would probably be called back to the pit stop, check in last and be eliminated. Margie & Luke would start the next leg (probably as the other teams were already heading to the pit stop), and check in last again, but be saved by the non-elimination. Then they'll head off to Rome and god knows what happened next.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back