Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 605022 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #550 on: June 21, 2013, 10:08:29 PM »
Here's something that might change the game: What if the express pass was never introduced and Rachel & Dave were eliminated in leg 3? (detour switching + roadblock penalty) How would it affect the whole game?

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #551 on: June 21, 2013, 10:11:09 PM »
Here's something that might change the game: What if the express pass was never introduced and Rachel & Dave were eliminated in leg 3? (detour switching + roadblock penalty) How would it affect the whole game?

LOTS OF BRENCHEL DOMINATION <3

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #552 on: June 21, 2013, 11:43:52 PM »

LOTS OF BRENCHEL DOMINATION <3
Probably no difference as "VaRalphasaurus" and the soccer twins took a LONG time on their Detour choice. Kerri & Stacy look a while finding the Pit Stop too since there was a photo of Kerri finishing the bottle dance in broad daylight, but arrived at the Pit Stop near pitch darkness.

Rachel & Dave would have probably gotten 6th in Paraguay, but would have still dominated almost every leg originally won from Italy to Hawaii.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #553 on: June 22, 2013, 02:33:56 AM »
What If Bates and Anthony were U-Turned in Germany instead of Joey and Meghan ??

Then nothing would happen as there was no U-Turn in Germany

Oops.. I mean... change the question

What If Mona and Beth and Joey and Meghan got the earlier flight from Germany to Scotland? Who would they U-Turn? Who would be eliminated? Would They , For example Joey and Meghan u turn bates and anthony and mona and beth u turn joey and meghan but as they have passed the wouldnt get u turn?

Only Mona & Beth can use the u-turn since Joey & Meghan used their u-turn power in Vietnam, but if they got on the earlier flight, then they are on the same flight with all the other teams. Bates & Anthony arrived at the u-turn first anyway, so Joey & Meghan would still be u-turned. Mona & Beth have a speedbump, but if they beat Max & Katie at the detour, then Mona & Beth would probably u-turn Max & Katie, if not Caroline & Jennifer. So, if Joey & Meghan and Max & Katie received the u-turn, Max & Katie wouldn't win the leg, and Joey & Meghan would probably be eliminated. (I don't know how long Caroline was doing the roadblock.) However, if Joey & Meghan and Caroline & Jennifer received the u-turn, Caroline & Jennifer go home in Edinburgh. Then on Belfast, either Mona & Beth or Joey & Meghan would receive the F4 boot, and Joey & Meghan might even become underdogs on the final leg if they have survived their 2nd u-turn. Additionally, if Joey & Meghan survived their 2nd u-turn, they'd get the record for the team u-turned twice and still survive in both u-turns.

wow thanks!  how elaborative
Creating Routes ~

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #554 on: June 22, 2013, 10:00:22 PM »
Only Mona & Beth can use the u-turn since Joey & Meghan used their u-turn power in Vietnam

That is not entirely true. We have been told a gazillion times that if you use a Blind U-TURN, you are still valid to use the second U-TURN. (Margie and Luke)

Until it is specifically mentioned that by using the Blind U-TURN, you can't use anymore U-TURN.. it still stands that way.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #555 on: June 23, 2013, 09:07:52 AM »
Only Mona & Beth can use the u-turn since Joey & Meghan used their u-turn power in Vietnam

That is not entirely true. We have been told a gazillion times that if you use a Blind U-TURN, you are still valid to use the second U-TURN. (Margie and Luke)

Until it is specifically mentioned that by using the Blind U-TURN, you can't use anymore U-TURN.. it still stands that way.

Wow! :stare Thanks for the info.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #556 on: July 07, 2013, 03:12:56 AM »
Gary & Mallory were in no way substitutes :lol:

I think they would've raced in place of one of the myriad of TAR14 teams.

If I could choose which team should be replaced, I'd say Mel & Mike. I found a trivia saying Gary & Mallory were the replacements of Brook & Claire. :(
Since when did Brook & Claire have "unfinished business" in their final leg? ??? Without any costly reason, Gary & Mallory were definitely confirmed for this season.
I think TAR14 (Amanda & Kris, Mel & Mike, [maybe] Jaime & Cara) had the replacements because of the odd amount of imbalance with that season. Here's what I think:

Amanda & Kris substituted for Joe & Heidi (Similar situation, but Team Filipinos' race ended more catastrophically)

Mel & Mike substituted for Dan & Andrew :hearts: (Dandrew needed a comeback from their semi-awful performance in TAR13) :lol3:

Jaime & Cara substituted for Maria & Tiffany (The carrot tops just had taxi bad luck, Maria & Tiffany were robbed at the folk Detour)

Who's Team Filipino again?
Weren't Joe & Heidi from a Filipino descent? ???

Joe is Taiwanese like Tammy & Vic, Heidi looks white, but could be Chinese.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #557 on: July 11, 2013, 11:13:08 PM »
Had been watching the Germany leg in TAR 22 and thinking What If Bate's passport was in his bag which was stolen?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #558 on: July 12, 2013, 01:02:14 AM »
^ then they couldnt leave germany and would get eliminated yess! then next leg caroline and jen wouldnt have people to follow so they would get eliminated! yay! then joey meghan mona beth and max and katie would be final 3 and mona and beth would win YAY!

.. Im so biased!
Creating Routes ~

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #559 on: July 12, 2013, 06:06:27 AM »
Max & Katie would win. Mona & Beth weren't that good on the final leg.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #560 on: July 12, 2013, 08:08:58 AM »
We couldn't even predict Joey and Meghan's :funny: :(

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #561 on: July 12, 2013, 11:30:43 AM »
^ haha im so biased i told you!

#teamyoutube !!
Creating Routes ~

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #562 on: July 13, 2013, 10:43:56 PM »

Huh? I always thought Joe has Korean ancestry? (not sure)  :stare

I'm sure Tammy and Victor are Chinese like Ronald and Christina... (those Mandarin spoken on the China legs) but I remembered reading from somewhere that are from Korea as well. Ronald and Christina are indeed from Taiwan though.

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #563 on: July 15, 2013, 10:58:22 PM »
What if Aaron & Arianne and Michael & Kathy put diesel in their tanks?

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #564 on: July 15, 2013, 11:39:23 PM »
Either Teri & Ian or Michael & Kathy eliminated.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #565 on: July 21, 2013, 03:08:14 AM »

Huh? I always thought Joe has Korean ancestry? (not sure)  :stare

I'm sure Tammy and Victor are Chinese like Ronald and Christina... (those Mandarin spoken on the China legs) but I remembered reading from somewhere that are from Korea as well. Ronald and Christina are indeed from Taiwan though.

People would be surprised to learn: I was born in Taiwan and speak fluent Mandarin Chinese

http://amazingrace.wikia.com/wiki/Joe_&_Heidi

I saw somewhere on the internet that mentioned that Tammy & Vic has Taiwanese ancestry (but could be wrong).

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #566 on: July 24, 2013, 02:07:50 AM »
What if David & Mary managed to beat Bama to the Pitstop in Leg 8 of TAR 10?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #567 on: July 24, 2013, 03:17:43 AM »

David and Mary get the next boot and than the Cho bros have a great chance on winning.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #568 on: July 24, 2013, 03:23:34 AM »

David and Mary get the next boot and than the Cho bros have a great chance on winning.

Would really change things. David and Mary may not get to All Stars and Chos could replace them. Dustin and Kandice could of won assuming they don't get eliminated in Spain.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #569 on: July 24, 2013, 03:26:00 AM »

Ew, that would have been horrid. Lyn & Karlyn <3333333333333333333333333 Don't have anything against the Chos, though.

Honestly, I think that the BQs were better racers than the Chos anyway, and it would be a BQ/Romberly/Maddicts F3 with either BQs or Maddicts winning.

I'm finishing on a Lyn & Karlyn love note, because I'm really happy this didn't happen. <3333333333333333333333333

Would really change things. David and Mary may not get to All Stars and Chos could replace them. Dustin and Kandice could of won assuming they don't get eliminated in Spain.

No, I think it would rather cement David & Mary's AS spot.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #570 on: July 24, 2013, 03:50:46 AM »

Ew, that would have been horrid. Lyn & Karlyn <3333333333333333333333333 Don't have anything against the Chos, though.

Honestly, I think that the BQs were better racers than the Chos anyway, and it would be a BQ/Romberly/Maddicts F3 with either BQs or Maddicts winning.

I'm finishing on a Lyn & Karlyn love note, because I'm really happy this didn't happen. <3333333333333333333333333

No, I think it would rather cement David & Mary's AS spot.

I couldn't stand Lyn & Karlyn but probably because I was a big Dustin and Kandice fan  :funny:
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #571 on: July 24, 2013, 04:00:03 AM »
I love them both <3 But I don't get OTT BQ fans because really, they weren't that interesting, they just had good placements. They could have easily been INV if it hadn't been for Lyn & Karlyn and their placements.

*Hides from wrath of everyone ever*

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #572 on: July 24, 2013, 08:12:19 AM »
TAR 10 <333333333333333333 One of the best route, cast, teams, countries etc. :D

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #573 on: July 25, 2013, 04:19:07 PM »
What if Debbie & Bianca exited in the correct direction towards Puente Viejo in Argentina?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #574 on: July 25, 2013, 06:26:56 PM »
Susan & Patrick out

Leg 4: On 2nd flight, compete with Ray & Deana and Meredith & Gretchen.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona