Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 605001 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #525 on: June 03, 2013, 05:30:03 AM »
Short answer: Congratulations Max & Katie for winning The Amazing Race 22!

Long answer:

Leg 5: Everyone survives, null point.
Leg 6: Everyone survives, null point.
Leg 7: I feel that Jessica & John would probably make the same mistake as Pam & Winnie, which means either of them could be eliminated. It branches off into two directions from here.

Leg 8 With JJ eliminated in Leg 7: Chyona still eliminated.
Leg 8 With Pam & Winnie eliminated in Leg 7: Chyona still eliminated.

Leg 9 With JJ eliminated in Leg 7: Moot point.
Leg 9 With Pam & Winnie eliminated in Leg 7: Moot point.

Leg 10 With JJ eliminated in Leg 7: Everything is the same, with Pam & Winnie replacing Bates & Anthony.
Leg 10 With Pam & Winnie eliminated in Leg 7: It's an even 5 way race because any of the remaining alliance (JJ/Mona & Beth/Joey & Meghan) would tell each other about the other flight, causing Caro & Jen to be eliminated.

Leg 11:  With JJ eliminated in Leg 7: Pam & Winnie might have some trouble at the Roadblock, but I forecast a Caro & Jen elimination regardless.
Leg 11 with Pam & Winnie eliminated in Leg 7: Mona & Beth eliminated, because John & Jessica would find it easier to swim, being surfers.

Leg 12 with JJ eliminated in Leg 7: Caro & Jen/Pam & Winnie/Maxie F3, I predict a Maxie win, who weren't that far behind Bates & Anthony at the time.
Leg 12 with Pam & Winnie eliminated in Leg 7: Close race between Maxie and JJ, Maxie pull through barely.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #526 on: June 04, 2013, 02:42:26 PM »
What if one of a team's backpacks broke suddenly while running to the Pit Stop?

I would like to hear back some interesting scenarios. (Most preferably foot races.)

I'm not even going to go there with Jonathan & Victoria.... :ascared
How about giving thoughts on Lorena & Jason (suddenly broken backpack) and Team Latina's foot race in Burkina Faso? ;)
Let me rephrase that with a different scenario, but similar idea... What if Marianna & Julia (Team Latina) never helped Lorena at the camel milking Roadblock?

Will the dating couple be eliminated?
If they did, which team would Shana & Jennifer U-Turn instead?
Would this have a distinctive outcome on the entire race?

So many questions... :pull
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #527 on: June 05, 2013, 12:08:09 AM »
What if one of a team's backpacks broke suddenly while running to the Pit Stop?

I would like to hear back some interesting scenarios. (Most preferably foot races.)

I'm not even going to go there with Jonathan & Victoria.... :ascared
How about giving thoughts on Lorena & Jason (suddenly broken backpack) and Team Latina's foot race in Burkina Faso? ;)
Let me rephrase that with a different scenario, but similar idea... What if Marianna & Julia (Team Latina) never helped Lorena at the camel milking Roadblock?

Will the dating couple be eliminated?
If they did, which team would Shana & Jennifer U-Turn instead?
Would this have a distinctive outcome on the entire race?

So many questions... :pull

If Team Latina didn't help Lorena at the roadblock, the dating couple would fall for the 9th place finish curse and they'd be one of those teams on the first to worst list.
But since they were far behind all the other teams, whether Shana & Jennifer u-turn team Latina or not, Team Latina probably wouldn't survive the 4th leg.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #528 on: June 05, 2013, 12:12:12 AM »
What if the w-turn never existed from TAR 17 onwards and those w-turn would either be ordinary u-turns or blind u-turns only? Who could be the u-turn survivors?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #529 on: June 05, 2013, 12:27:30 AM »
Brook & Claire would be eliminated in Bangladesh :torche

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #530 on: June 05, 2013, 01:19:51 AM »
Brook & Claire would be eliminated in Bangladesh :torche

You're right! The double u-turn came right on time. :hearts:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:29:39 AM by Platinum »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #531 on: June 06, 2013, 03:00:03 AM »
What if Brook & Claire raced for TAR:UB instead of Gary & Mallory? How far do you think could they've gone? Could they make it back to the F3 or win the race? Who would win the EP?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #532 on: June 06, 2013, 03:48:37 AM »
Gary & Mallory were in no way substitutes :lol:

I think they would've raced in place of one of the myriad of TAR14 teams.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #533 on: June 06, 2013, 04:57:44 AM »
Maybe this is not an exactly "what if" or maybe this should be posted in wishlist thread. But, what if the production remake early TAR seasons when it's not HD quality yet but with new teams? So, they'll visit all the countries in order they appear on their original season, do the exact same tasks, but with new twist(s) added, such as Express Pass, Double (Blind) U-turn(s), etc.

For example, they remake TAR 1 route with new teams. So, they'll start from Bethesda Fountain, head to South Africa, and so on. Maybe for us (RFF-ers), it'll be really easy to track them, but I just want to imagine early seasons of TAR being made HD quality. :lol:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #534 on: June 06, 2013, 05:33:58 AM »
That is a very very good idea.  :hrt:

It just couldn't be good for one reason:
It's essentially a giant Switchback. :(

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #535 on: June 06, 2013, 05:39:20 AM »
Yeah... That's the main problem here. If they haven't introduced the term "Switchback" yet, it would be great... :(

What if they called it "The Amazing Race: Memories" or "The Amazing Race: Switchback Edition"? :lol: I know it sucks. :P
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #536 on: June 06, 2013, 05:42:15 AM »
Yeah... That's the main problem here. If they haven't introduced the term "Switchback" yet, it would be great... :(

What if they called it "The Amazing Race: Memories" or "The Amazing Race: Switchback Edition"? :lol: I know it sucks. :P
No, Kami, it doesn't. It is still a good idea, but I think if they do DO that, they have to change or add new challenges. :)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #537 on: June 06, 2013, 11:53:56 PM »

If I could choose which team should be replaced, I'd say Mel & Mike. I found a trivia saying Gary & Mallory were the replacements of Brook & Claire. :(
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:00:52 AM by Platinum »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #538 on: June 08, 2013, 06:57:01 AM »

If I could choose which team should be replaced, I'd say Mel & Mike. I found a trivia saying Gary & Mallory were the replacements of Brook & Claire. :(
Since when did Brook & Claire have "unfinished business" in their final leg? ??? Without any costly reason, Gary & Mallory were definitely confirmed for this season.
I think TAR14 (Amanda & Kris, Mel & Mike, [maybe] Jaime & Cara) had the replacements because of the odd amount of imbalance with that season. Here's what I think:

Amanda & Kris substituted for Joe & Heidi (Similar situation, but Team Filipinos' race ended more catastrophically)

Mel & Mike substituted for Dan & Andrew :hearts: (Dandrew needed a comeback from their semi-awful performance in TAR13) :lol3:

Jaime & Cara substituted for Maria & Tiffany (The carrot tops just had taxi bad luck, Maria & Tiffany were robbed at the folk Detour)
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #539 on: June 08, 2013, 07:05:21 AM »
But see... UB was really just a rebranding of All-Stars because All-Stars 2 sounds terrible. So I'm pretty sure they would have just gotten fan favourites *coughBrookandClairecough* anyway.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #540 on: June 08, 2013, 09:16:48 AM »
I really wish they could bring Brook & Claire in the next AS/UB.  :hrt:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #541 on: June 08, 2013, 11:04:56 PM »

Since when did Brook & Claire have "unfinished business" in their final leg? ??? Without any costly reason, Gary & Mallory were definitely confirmed for this season.
I think TAR14 (Amanda & Kris, Mel & Mike, [maybe] Jaime & Cara) had the replacements because of the odd amount of imbalance with that season. Here's what I think:

Amanda & Kris substituted for Joe & Heidi (Similar situation, but Team Filipinos' race ended more catastrophically)

Mel & Mike substituted for Dan & Andrew :hearts: (Dandrew needed a comeback from their semi-awful performance in TAR13) :lol3:

Jaime & Cara substituted for Maria & Tiffany (The carrot tops just had taxi bad luck, Maria & Tiffany were robbed at the folk Detour)

Who's Team Filipino again?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #542 on: June 08, 2013, 11:07:25 PM »

Who's Team Filipino again?
Weren't Joe & Heidi from a Filipino descent? ???

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #543 on: June 08, 2013, 11:11:28 PM »
What if the EP never existed? Which teams' placements would be affected?
What if the speedbump never existed? Which teams would survive the MFE penalty in TAR 12-22?

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #544 on: June 09, 2013, 06:38:54 AM »
What if the EP never existed? Which teams' placements would be affected?
All the teams' placements would be affected except for Natalie & Nadiya.

Jill & Thomas - Back of the pack or maybe last
Gary & Mallory - Back of the pack
Ernie & Cindy - Middle of the pack to back of the pack
Rachel & Dave - Back of the pack
Dave & Connor - Front of the pack to middle of the pack

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #545 on: June 21, 2013, 09:43:22 AM »
What If Bates and Anthony were U-Turned in Germany instead of Joey and Meghan ??
Creating Routes ~

MrDeerShank

« Reply #546 on: June 21, 2013, 09:47:27 AM »
What If Bates and Anthony were U-Turned in Germany instead of Joey and Meghan ??

Then nothing would happen as there was no U-Turn in Germany

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #547 on: June 21, 2013, 10:05:32 AM »
What if Lori had read the additional information on the Sri Lanka roadblock and didn't forgot to bring the ticket?
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #548 on: June 21, 2013, 11:05:11 AM »

Oops.. I mean... change the question

What If Mona and Beth and Joey and Meghan got the earlier flight from Germany to Scotland? Who would they U-Turn? Who would be eliminated? Would They , For example Joey and Meghan u turn bates and anthony and mona and beth u turn joey and meghan but as they have passed the wouldnt get u turn?
Creating Routes ~

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #549 on: June 21, 2013, 09:57:09 PM »

Oops.. I mean... change the question

What If Mona and Beth and Joey and Meghan got the earlier flight from Germany to Scotland? Who would they U-Turn? Who would be eliminated? Would They , For example Joey and Meghan u turn bates and anthony and mona and beth u turn joey and meghan but as they have passed the wouldnt get u turn?

Only Mona & Beth can use the u-turn since Joey & Meghan used their u-turn power in Vietnam, but if they got on the earlier flight, then they are on the same flight with all the other teams. Bates & Anthony arrived at the u-turn first anyway, so Joey & Meghan would still be u-turned. Mona & Beth have a speedbump, but if they beat Max & Katie at the detour, then Mona & Beth would probably u-turn Max & Katie, if not Caroline & Jennifer. So, if Joey & Meghan and Max & Katie received the u-turn, Max & Katie wouldn't win the leg, and Joey & Meghan would probably be eliminated. (I don't know how long Caroline was doing the roadblock.) However, if Joey & Meghan and Caroline & Jennifer received the u-turn, Caroline & Jennifer go home in Edinburgh. Then on Belfast, either Mona & Beth or Joey & Meghan would receive the F4 boot, and Joey & Meghan might even become underdogs on the final leg if they have survived their 2nd u-turn. Additionally, if Joey & Meghan survived their 2nd u-turn, they'd get the record for the team u-turned twice and still survive in both u-turns.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:04:08 PM by Platinum »