Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 605112 times)

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2011, 12:58:17 PM »
(I <3 them in TAR10, but the one in TAR16... eww)

You forgot about the epic TAR11 intersection detour  :cmaslol
The one in TAR16 was just doing the bungee (or something like that) Roadblock together right?

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2011, 01:02:38 PM »
What if the TAR15 leg 7 Detour was less tougher? Would Maria & Tiffany survive? Would they reach the finale?

My guess is yes. Brian & Erika would come in 6th, with a bit of luck for M/T Gary & Matt would finish last at the haybale roadblock and still be eliminated in 5th, the globetrotters would come in 4th, M/T would NAIL the poker task and would become the first all female team to win!!! :cmas18

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2011, 01:11:39 PM »
What if catching a cab outside the Space Needle wasn't so difficult?  :cmas4

What if there had not been too much fog for the first flight out of Canada?
An extension of this one is What if Colin & Christie had won? How much different would their edit have been?

Here's one for the international versions: What if Marc & Rovilson won the Fast Forward? My hypothesis: they would have continued with alternating roadblocks, leaving Marc with the flags. Can you stomach that possible ending?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2011, 01:21:05 PM »

What if FRANZ wasn't so hard to order? Who would have won TAR 15?

Franz actually wasn't hard to order. With 5 letters and one of them specified (by Dan giving Herb the first letter being F) there were only 4 x 3 x 2 x 1 = 24 combinations of the letters R, A, N and Z. Do any of these sound like names in any language:
FRAZN
FRZAN
FRZNA
FRNAZ
FRNZA
FARZN
FARNZ
FAZRN
FAZNR
FANRZ
FANZR
FNARZ
FNAZR
FNRAZ
FNRZA
FNZAR
FNZRA
FZARN
FZANR
FZNAR
FZNRA
FZRAN
FZRNA

I think that none of these 23 remotely sounds like a valid name. Only "FRANZ" does.

However, in the spirit of Joab's design of this thread, let's assume that Herb could have solved this soon enough to get to the pit stop and avoid elimination. That means that if Dan had given Herb more information or Herb had solved it himself Brian and Ericka would have been eliminated instead of Nate and Herb. In the finale, the rappel done the side of the Mandalay Bay Hotel would have substituted Nate and Herb for Brian and Ericka (who finished first). The chip counting exercise would almost certainly have caused Nate/Herb to have difficulty and take a bit longer than the other 2 teams. They would most likely have been stuck in 3rd place at the Finish Line and there. So my guess is that Cheyne and Meghan would still have won and Sam and Dan finished 2nd   

« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:11:15 PM by apskip »

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2011, 02:36:08 PM »
What if Joyce decided not to shave her head? :mas25

That will probably not happen. :cmaslol

@Joab: Victor said in a review article for TAR 16 that he convinced Margie and Luke that Amanda and Kris were a strong team.

Prophet, the key word here is convinced. The problem is, if Margie and Luke didn't think so themselves that Amanda and Kris were a strong team they wouldn't have bothered to U-TURN them too. Victor may have his own opinion but I guess Margie and Luke can see from themselves that Amanda and Kris could have been a strong contender and decided to use the U-TURN to put them out of the competition.

To clear it up, Victor never convinced us to U-Turn Amadna & Kris. I already knew that they were a big threat and I did not want to face them in the final three. That's why I U-Turned them. Now, look back, I probably should have U-Turned Victor & Tammy. I would bet Kris or Amanda probably couldn't figure the surfboard out like I did.

Now for TAR18. I regretted for not U-Turn Justin & Zev! The outcome could have been entirely different!!

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »
Thanks Luke!  :cmas16

Here's my what if: What if Leg 2 of TAR 19 wasn't double elimination and only Ron and Bill were eliminated? How far would Ethan and Jenna have gone?
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2011, 04:33:13 PM »
Thanks Luke!  :cmas16

Here's my what if: What if Leg 2 of TAR 19 wasn't double elimination and only Ron and Bill were eliminated? How far would Ethan and Jenna have gone?

Top 5 at the absolute highest, I think. They're clearly strong enough to do the tasks, but I feel like they would be done in by mis-reading a clue (like the orphanage in Indonesia).

I do think, however, that they would have won at least one leg, maybe giving Andy & Tommy run for their money.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2011, 04:34:54 PM »
What if RFF didn't tell that guy about Kaylani's passport, and they were eliminated? Would the race be affected? I think so as then Leg 2 would only be a single elimination probably, and we would see more Ethan & Jenna!

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »
What if RFF didn't tell that guy about Kaylani's passport, and they were eliminated? Would the race be affected? I think so as then Leg 2 would only be a single elimination probably, and we would see more Ethan & Jenna!

Then I would be very sad. :'( But ew, why would you wan't more of Ethan and Jenna?

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2011, 04:50:37 PM »

Liz & Marie would have been eliminated leg 3, Bill & Cathi would come in last again on leg 4 and Jeremy & Sandy would have been eliminated on leg 5.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2011, 09:02:01 PM »

Liz & Marie would have been eliminated leg 3, Bill & Cathi would come in last again on leg 4 and Jeremy & Sandy would have been eliminated on leg 5.

If Kaylani and Lisa are first gone, that means there might only be one elimination in Indonesia (most prob, production will tweak it i'm sure with no more double elimination). So it's still 2 teams eliminated at the end of Indonesia leg 1. That means Ethan and Jenna MAY have survived. Anything after that is completely random I guess.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2011, 09:02:52 PM »
What if Joyce decided not to shave her head? :mas25

That will probably not happen. :cmaslol

@Joab: Victor said in a review article for TAR 16 that he convinced Margie and Luke that Amanda and Kris were a strong team.

Prophet, the key word here is convinced. The problem is, if Margie and Luke didn't think so themselves that Amanda and Kris were a strong team they wouldn't have bothered to U-TURN them too. Victor may have his own opinion but I guess Margie and Luke can see from themselves that Amanda and Kris could have been a strong contender and decided to use the U-TURN to put them out of the competition.

To clear it up, Victor never convinced us to U-Turn Amadna & Kris. I already knew that they were a big threat and I did not want to face them in the final three. That's why I U-Turned them. Now, look back, I probably should have U-Turned Victor & Tammy. I would bet Kris or Amanda probably couldn't figure the surfboard out like I did.

Now for TAR18. I regretted for not U-Turn Justin & Zev! The outcome could have been entirely different!!

Thanks Luke for clarifying. Knew that it's your idea and not Victor's convincing that resulted in you U-TURNing Amanda and Kris. Please continue to lurk around. :cmaslol

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2011, 09:07:19 PM »
What if Kaylani and Lisa and Liz and Marie paid their cab drivers?

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2011, 09:13:34 PM »

Bye bye Bill & Cathi :lala

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2011, 09:14:44 PM »

Bill and Cathi, who had to go and pay their cab driver to, will be eliminated.

BUT, assuming if ALL teams paid their cab drivers, than Amani and Marcus who were the last to the task and completed it in last few positions will fight it out with Kaylani and Lisa to avoid last place still. I THINK Amani and Marcus may still make it, with Kaylani and Lisa still going home? Who thinks Kaylani and Lisa will survive and not Amani and Marcus?

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2011, 01:26:27 AM »

Bill and Cathi, who had to go and pay their cab driver to, will be eliminated.

BUT, assuming if ALL teams paid their cab drivers, than Amani and Marcus who were the last to the task and completed it in last few positions will fight it out with Kaylani and Lisa to avoid last place still. I THINK Amani and Marcus may still make it, with Kaylani and Lisa still going home? Who thinks Kaylani and Lisa will survive and not Amani and Marcus?

WHAT IF: in Borobudur Temple, teams are not making friendships to solve the clue?? and Marcus is well enough to remember the hints from Andy/Tommy at the entrance gate? Hemm...
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2011, 02:09:33 AM »
What if Lance & Keri ( :hrt: :luvya: :<3 )had not had such trouble with the driving on Leg 5 and knocked out Mika & Canaan? How much further would they have gone?
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »
Here's one, if Mika and Canann had went down the slide and beat the globetrotters, do you think the globetrotters would then not have had a few more episodes to make an impression and thus not make the cast of Unfinished Business? And also, do you think Mika will be able to complete the RB both Maria and Tiffany cannot do and make the F5? If so, does this mean that do they have a shot at F4 or will Gary and Matt still check in 5th and eliminated in 5th place for 2 legs in a row? ???

So many teams making mistakes... I think they could have done good, and I'd have loved to see them more.

They could have substituted the Twatters in TAR:UB?

Joab I like this thread!!
I've actually thought about this question, in fact if Mika and Canaan survived the Dubai leg, they would definitely pass Tiffany/Maria and make F5.  Even they were last in Stockholm for a NEL, I think they could still survive since Gary/Matt lost time in finding the Candelabra in Tallinn, but it could also be them finding it quick since they would arrive at the same time with other teams.  So in that situation, either team may make F4 instead of Globetrotters and then would beat Brian/Ericka in Prague as they lost too much time (don't know why) in Prague. However in the end I think Meghan/Cheyne would still win since they are too strong!!!  :cmaslol

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2011, 11:53:40 AM »
Here are some other thoughts:

TAR 10 - If BQ did not get lost in Morocco, they would finish 1st in that leg leaving Rob/Kim NEL. Though R/K got 1st in Barcelona now, I am not sure if they would still choose the same detour if they were marked for elimination. They may act like BQ and choose the physical detour as well. In this case Lyn/Karlyn would get 1st and R/K eliminated. Then Tyler/James and BQ would fight for the million dollars (L/K cannot run as fast as them) in New York but T/J still got the advantage.

TAR 16 - If Brent/Caite did not u-turn Carol/Brandy, C/B would probably u-turn the cowboys making them eliminated in Singapore. And I am sure Michael/Louie would be eliminated in Shanghai anyway since they were not good racers at all. So Dan/Jordan, Brent/Caite and Carol/Brandy would make the final and judging from the tasks in finale I think anyone could win it.

I think if the Singapore u-turn is a w-turn, the result would be like this!!

TAR 19 - Even Jeremy/Sandy did not lose that much time finding the Dump, I still think Ernie/Cindy would win the Race. That may be a closer race but since Cindy is clever enough to call Atlanta Tourism Board for directions, that means they would not waste a minute in finding the Dump and would catch up with J/S. I have to say calling tourism board is really a brilliant idea and it contributed A LOT to their win, even Andy/Tommy made the final they would not be able to beat E/C because of this reason. So now I hope the producers would ban future racers to do the same which made the race more exciting!

btw, whom did Nat/Kat call in TAR 17 finale to find the studio? Is it also the tourism board?

My question:

TAR 18 - What if Kent/Vyxsin did not incur penalty in Switzerland? Would they make the final or win?

I think they would beat the Globetrotters in Brazil provided that they also made the 1st train, and so they would make F3 and I am sure their edit would be completely different this way!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2011, 12:15:13 PM »
I doubt Kent and Vysxin has a chance to win even in the final three... if they were not eliminated, then Zev and Justin would be. I don't know who would be eliminated in the Final 4, but it could be them or Globes.

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2011, 04:26:16 PM »
Regarding Zev/Justin not losing the passport (as that's one of my favorite "what-ifs") I think they'd have made the final 3. They probably wouldn't have won, but they'd definitely be on an All-Stars. In fact, I could see them coming back for a third time if there was another All-Star retread or something. After the Cowboys got U-Turned in TAR 18, Zev/Justin or Gary/Mallory were the fan favorites.

As for Lena/Kristy making it further had they not messed up at the haybales, I really don't think they'd have made it much further. I mean, Don/MJ would've been out next instead of them. They maybe would've made it to the Final 7 or Final 6 at best but I don't think they'd make it any further.

I'll pose a few...

What if the Cowboys didn't get U-Turned in TAR 18?
What if Ernie/Cindy had U-Turned the Boarders in Malawi or Denmark?
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2011, 04:36:46 PM »
What if the Cowboys didn't get U-Turned in TAR 18?
What if Ernie/Cindy had U-Turned the Boarders in Malawi or Denmark?

The cowboys were already in last place, so, it would probably not change anything.
If E/C utured A/T in Malawi, they would came in first place for shure. But in both case (Malawi and Denmark) the boarders would not be eliminated.

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2011, 05:50:11 PM »

btw, whom did Nat/Kat call in TAR 17 finale to find the studio? Is it also the tourism board?

Quotes from Nat in a Reality TV World post-race interview:

"make sure that you do your research at the airport at your departure location so that when you arrive to the leg, you have some phone numbers and you have some basic information."

"we had gathered some information about Los Angeles tourism bureaus and visitor's centers and informational centers, so we had a bunch of numbers in our notebook, so we just phoned... a tourist center and we asked her to help us out with the locations and we asked her to use her computer to get us the information."

"We actually even called 411 for a couple of things about Greystone Mansion. So we just kind of used the tools that you would normally use in everyday life -- just being resourceful..."

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »
What If Linda & Karen got to the F3?? Do you think they would have had any chance? The fight would have been against Chip & Kim and Brendon & Nicole, so it wasn't that hard in a footrace to the finish line after a flight.

What If Monique & Shawne had survived Leg 3? Do you think they could have done waaay better, or just F6 at most?

What if Eric & Lisa had run an entire leg, would they have had any chances to stay in the upper half at the end of the race?

What if David & Jeff had taken the same flight as the other two teams in the F3 of TAR4? Would they have won?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 06:44:42 AM by Dave the 2nd »

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »
What If Monica & Sheree had survived Leg 3? Do you think they could have done waaay better, or just F6 at most?

Are you speaking about Monique & Shawne from TAR16? If so, yes, they could have done way better. Look at their placement on legs 1 and 2: 2nd and 5th place. That's pretty good! If only it wasent about this stupid lasso task (:;)