Author Topic: S23 EP 15 FINALE "Loyalties Will Be Broken"  (Read 28647 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: S23 EP 15 FINALE "Loyalties Will Be Broken"
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 10:31:34 PM »
I'm also glad that since Sandra in S20, a girl won again. :cmaslol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 10:34:06 PM »
Sophie did win 6 votes! How predictable can this season get? :cmas50

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 11:00:14 PM »
Ozzy         > Sophie (Could have gone either way)
Rick         > Sophie (Could have gone either way)
Brandon      > Coach   
Edna      > Sophie (!!!) :cmas5
Cochran      > Coach   
Whitney      > Sophie
Dawn      > Sophie
Keith      > Sophie
Jim              > Coach (I'm shocked)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 11:09:55 PM »
Where did that info come from??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 11:13:50 PM »

Coach, for all his pretense of insight, blew it totally when he voted Brandon off to RI.  Had he not betrayed Brand
on and sent Sophie instead, he would be holding the mill.  The jury even said that he would have won if Sophie had not been in the F3 and it was Coach himself that let her stay!!

Oh well Coach please accept that you were not meant to win Survivor and move on  :cmas25

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2011, 11:17:39 PM »
any sneak peeks for Survivor: 24 (Survivor: OW)?
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 02:45:46 AM »
Where did that info come from??

Wiki~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 03:07:20 AM »
For almost th entirety of this season, Sophie was either on my 'Neutral' list, or my 'Dislike' list, but I absolutely loved her on this finale! The first Tribal Council was emotional, the second Immunity Challenge was just WOW, and then Coach crowns her the new Dragon Slayer :cmaslol and she played the Final Tribal very well. I think most of that jury was looking for honesty, and Sophie delivered, and I especially loved when she revealed everything that happened with regards to Coach's Hidden Immunity Idol! :cmas16

At the beginning of this episode, I would've been quite disappointed with this outcome, but now, I am actually OK with it, although I do feel that Coach deserved to win, but blew it in the last few episodes. :cmas5

Bring on Season 24! :cmas16
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 03:37:20 AM »
This was the first time in YEARS that I was truly happy when I saw the winner's name on the parchment! Up till the end, it was still a suspense for me as I thought that Coach could still win the game. My heart was thumping when Jeff was reading the final votes and when Sophie was declared the winner, boy was I ecstatic!

I did think Sophie could win but this episode seemed to portray her in quite a negative light. First it was her "brat factor" asking Albert to stop building his house of cards and instead help her pick up her pieces. Then Ozzy cashed in on that during Tribal Council, leading to her breakdown. I thought that the jury wouldn't be very impressed with that. And during the final Tribal Council, the jury didn't really have much good to say to her, criticising her social game. I thought that didn't look good on her and that Coach could have won the million after all.

It was an interesting final Tribal Council I must say. As viewers, I dare say a number of us were rooting for Sophie to win. But she seemed so unlikeable to the other contestants. Coach was insulted for his hypocritical gameplay, and Albert was just... Totally out of the running. With Coach and Sophie both shown rather negatively, I felt that either of them could win, leaning towards Coach a little.

Sophie winning really salvaged the season for me. She was the one I rooted for since the beginning, and the only one I rooted for after Dawn was eliminated. While I felt that the edit was setting up Coach to win, I THANK GOD that he didn't win in the end. I mean, I actually like him this season and I respect his gameplay. IMO, he really did redeem himself this season. But I still wouldn't want him to win. THANK GOD for Sophie winning. It made this a good season (minus some episodes of predictability), just because a favourite won. Yeah!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2011, 04:24:26 AM »
Okay, I'm still not an Ozzy fan and I'll sum up my dislike for him in one scenario below.

*Ozzy before final immunity challenge*
Ozzy: I'm going to win and own all their asses. TAKE THAT BI*CHES FOR VOTING ME OUT
*Ozzy after final immunity challenge*
Ozzy: I came so close yet so far, it's down to this one final immunity challenge again.

For the record Ozzy, I don't deny that you're a strong player. But your smugness is suffocating me. I hope they don't get you back for another season again. You bring no strategic move, you bring no backstabbing (or rather you get backstabbed) and you're as boring as a player Rick is.

:cmaslol

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 07:06:28 AM »
YAY!!!! I was rooting for Ozzy out of the final 7 but Sophie (or at least her edit) was awesome! I really hope it was a character building experience for her. :cmas23
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2011, 07:10:18 AM »
Okay, I'm still not an Ozzy fan and I'll sum up my dislike for him in one scenario below.

*Ozzy before final immunity challenge*
Ozzy: I'm going to win and own all their asses. TAKE THAT BI*CHES FOR VOTING ME OUT
*Ozzy after final immunity challenge*
Ozzy: I came so close yet so far, it's down to this one final immunity challenge again.

For the record Ozzy, I don't deny that you're a strong player. But your smugness is suffocating me. I hope they don't get you back for another season again. You bring no strategic move, you bring no backstabbing (or rather you get backstabbed) and you're as boring as a player Rick is.

:cmaslol

Gotta agree with that. :cmas22 The only thing I'd change is that he's more boring than Rick! :cmaslol

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2011, 07:18:40 AM »
CONGRATS TO SOPHIE CLARKE, WINNER OF SURVIVOR 23!!!!!!

:cmas23 :xmas110 :cmas9 :cmas26 :cmas20
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2011, 07:24:44 AM »
I am watching the reunion right now and I just want to say SHUT THE HELL UP JEFF!!! NO IDEAS OF ANYTHING RUSSELL-RELATED, ESPECIALLY if it includes RUSSELL HANTZ IN THE GAME!!!
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Alfwin

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2011, 07:37:51 AM »
I am watching the reunion right now and I just want to say SHUT THE HELL UP JEFF!!! NO IDEAS OF ANYTHING RUSSELL-RELATED, ESPECIALLY if it includes RUSSELL HANTZ IN THE GAME!!!
THIS!!!!! :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 07:48:10 AM »
I haven't seen the reunion yet, but does Russell talk a lot? (as usual) :cmas5 :cmaslol

(Closet Russell Hantz fan... :hides )

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2011, 08:23:26 AM »
By talk a lot, he was a complete jerk to Brandon.....
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Reality_Gal

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Survivor, Amazing Race and Big Brother fan
Failure!
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2011, 08:52:46 AM »
So happy Ozzy won the 100,000 by a LANDSLIDE! Worst final 3 EVER LOL @ Sophie. She was an a-hole to Albert and I did not want her to win but oh well she did.

One of the worst seasons ever. Glad it's over and I am ready for Feb.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2011, 08:54:23 AM »
Erm, I thought the one being the a-hole was Albert all this while? :cmaslol

Offline Reality_Gal

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2011, 08:55:49 AM »
No Sophie was the a-hole. She told Albert to drop his pieces? Why is she trying to cheat? The woman is one of the worst Survivor winners of all-time.

LOL

Offline Reality_Gal

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2011, 08:59:39 AM »
I don't view Ozzy as boring. I think he is confident, sexy, smart and can be a dumb player at times. He won the 100,000 and the fans loved him. Once again Ozzy saved this season for me because if he was not on this season I don't think I would have watched. The fans loved Ozzy! One of the most popular characters in survivor history and him winning the 100,000 grand proves it.  :cmas9

He deserved the money and IMO is the winner of survivor. No offense to Sophie the spoiled little brat.

Hell Russell Hantz was snubbed TWICE LOL

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2011, 11:01:23 AM »
I don't think Ozzy was a dull or boring player but I do think he made a stupid move when he returned to the final 5. He could have tried to bond a little instead he attacked for no apparent reason at both TCs. He made Sophie a victim and it backfired.

It was amazing to watch him win challenge after challenge on RI and I was hoping he'd win the final challenge as well.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Reality_Gal

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2011, 08:40:52 AM »
As for gameplay, he was on Redemption Island 80 % of the game so I will say he never even really had a chance to play a game.

Just as his other tribe members considering Cochran the Cockroach screwed them all over. I will always be happy knowing the entire jury would have voted for Ozzy if he had made it to the final. Anyhow, he won his 100,000 wooo!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2011, 10:31:42 AM »
As for gameplay, he was on Redemption Island 80 % of the game so I will say he never even really had a chance to play a game.

That is certainly not true. He had a chance to play, and he chose to be voted off instead of Christine. Had Christine beat Cochran, she would have join Savaii. That will make a 6 vs 6 and we know Christine will never go back to Upolu.

So Ozzy screwed his own game. He only survived that far because of a RI twist. Yes, he did win 100,000 but certainly as a player who played the game 3 times, I deem him in comparison with Coach as one of the few players who got to play the game 3 times and never got smarter. Hello, Survivor is all about the social game...? NO? :cmas11 Had he not treated Cochran like he was a second class citizen, Cochran may not have backstabbed the tribe too. There were so many possibilities and Ozzy was part of the reason of his own demise too.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2011, 07:02:32 PM »

That is certainly not true. He had a chance to play, and he chose to be voted off instead of Christine. Had Christine beat Cochran, she would have join Savaii. That will make a 6 vs 6 and we know Christine will never go back to Upolu.

So Ozzy screwed his own game. He only survived that far because of a RI twist. Yes, he did win 100,000 but certainly as a player who played the game 3 times, I deem him in comparison with Coach as one of the few players who got to play the game 3 times and never got smarter. Hello, Survivor is all about the social game...? NO? :cmas11 Had he not treated Cochran like he was a second class citizen, Cochran may not have backstabbed the tribe too. There were so many possibilities and Ozzy was part of the reason of his own demise too.

I pretty much agree with you, Joab and not with Reality Gal (an obvious Ozzy fan).  Ozzy screwed his own game in two ways.  First, as you mentioned, he volunteered to get sent to Redemption Island.  Even if he didn't realize that Christine would very likely have gone to Savaii if she'd come back at the merge, volunteering to be voted out is not very smart!

The second and bigger error is the way he treated Cochran.  Yeah, I'm going to concede that the accusation of bullying was overblown, but still Ozzy never really made Cochran feel like a real part of Savaii.  Compare him with Sophie and Coach, both of whom did their best to make sure that people like Edna felt comfortable so that they wouldn't be tempted to flip.  If Ozzy (and the rest of Savaii) had made Cochran feel more comfortable, especially after Cochran fouled up the final Immunity Challenge before the merge, Cochran wouldn't have been as vulnerable to the suggestion that he flip.

I don't hate Ozzy.  I admire and respect his challenge prowess.  But is he a great strategist?  No way!  Is he good at the social game?  No.  I won't let his challenge prowess blind me to his strategic and social flaws.

Belle Book