Author Topic: S23 EP14 "Then There Were Five"  (Read 26674 times)

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: S23 EP14 "Then There Were Five"
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 03:55:41 PM »
(unless you count Boston Rob's 'Buddy System' as a great strategic move :cmaslol ).

It was a good move. It kept Rob in charge of his alliance, and made them hate Zapatera, thus keeping the target off him. Everyone told him when, say Andrea, was trying to make a move against him, so Rob could get rid of them before they were a threat to him.

"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 09:58:46 PM »
The way Rob and Coach played this game is almost similar for the past 2 seasons. They kept their alliance closely together.

But one SIGNIFICANT difference was the voted out members respected Rob, as opposed to Savaii members who would roll their eyes at Coach whenever he said something stupid. At about near to the F8 last season, I knew Rob will be taking the title of sole survivor home. But this season.. I didn't know who will win until at about the final seven when Sophie commented about Cochran's move and I had an inkling that she may be the winner.

Till now, Sophie's still my pick to be in the F3 and win.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 10:13:54 PM »
Challenge Preview:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wFgtKbWkKU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5wFgtKbWkKU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 04:39:42 AM »
Well Survivor is a SOCIAL game. Players like Russell, no offense, play a 38 day game, where they anger so many jury members they can't win.

Honestly, I believe that if your social game is good enough, you should never have to rely on winning challenges to stay in the game. Just my opinion though...

EXACTLY!!  Look at Sandra - she did nothing in challenges but won the social game TWICE.  And If Rob hadn't had the impeccable social game, his ability at challenges wouldn't have taken him to the win.

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 04:42:37 AM »
The way Rob and Coach played this game is almost similar for the past 2 seasons. They kept their alliance closely together.

But one SIGNIFICANT difference was the voted out members respected Rob, as opposed to Savaii members who would roll their eyes at Coach whenever he said something stupid. At about near to the F8 last season, I knew Rob will be taking the title of sole survivor home. But this season.. I didn't know who will win until at about the final seven when Sophie commented about Cochran's move and I had an inkling that she may be the winner.

Till now, Sophie's still my pick to be in the F3 and win.

I would have liked seeing Dawn in this position but I also think Sophie will win.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 06:23:28 AM »
Preview:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/c54uNYW7Aeg?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/c54uNYW7Aeg?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 03:39:10 PM »
I'm not sure where to post this, so mods, feel free to move/delete it, but Rob Cesternino from Survivor Amazon/ All Stars is trying to raise $3,000 to help families in need this holiday season. He's more than 2/3 of the way there, and the deadline for donations is tonight.

The website is www.makedreamsareality.org or www.wepay.com/donate/robhasapodcast. Every little bit counts, and would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2011, 07:01:37 PM »
Preview related around Albert/Brandon..... hmm hint much? :cmaslol

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 07:31:26 PM »
Brandon's victory cry... *covers ears* :cmas18 :cmas28 :cmas30:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 07:54:54 PM »
BUH BYE :boot:  :cmas3

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 07:58:46 PM »
why did Albert vote for Sophie?

And bye Edna.  :torche

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 11:37:13 PM »
Because Albert is threatened by her.

Best. Episode. EVER. BYE BRANDON. BEGONE. :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas50

We need Brandon and Erik to come back next season to lead a tribe each. Both went out at F5 and gave up Immunity because they're just DUMB. :cmaslol :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2011, 12:54:44 AM »
Wow, this episode really was insane! :cmaslol

I'm so disappointed that Edna lost at Redemption... :cmas4

And as for Brandon, I'm not a big fan, but I'd absolutely love to see him knock off Ozzy, and then we're right where we were at the beginning of this episode. Should be interesting, especially if Brandon gets back in and wins Immunity again! :cmaslol
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2011, 04:06:25 AM »
As an atheist, I just don't understand the decisions made by Brandon and Coach. If, just as they said, they made their decisions according to the instructions from God, isn't it that God made contradictory decisions?

As to Brandon, it's safe to say he's always doing what "his heart" says. I'm wondering whether he can distinguish between God's instructions and his own ideas.

Concerning Coach, excuse me if you think my words are excessive... I think he's kinda pharisaic. He made the decision, IMO, just because he'd been intimidated by Hantz, and it had no relationship with "God's instructions."

Wondering what Christians think of this episode... :cmas5
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2011, 04:51:44 AM »
SuperTux, as a Christian, I thought Coach and Brandon are/were bullsh*tting since the very beginning. I flinch everytime I see them pray and talk about God because their ways are definitely not Godly and hypocritical.

BUT, it's not God's fault. We're all sinners and we all make mistakes, it's just saddening that Brandon kept talking about being biblical but he behaved otherwise. I hoped as he watches this season, he found it as painful as we viewers did and show repentance. :(

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2011, 12:31:31 PM »
Albert has never been portrayed in a more negative light. He's shown at camp in the position of a sneaky liar trying to salvage his situation, with the entire tribe against him. At Tribal Council, after getting the Immunity necklace from Brandon, he's all cock and bull about his "greater purpose" in the game, forming genuine bonds with Brandon and Coach, blah blah blah blah blah. When given the opportunity to return the Immunity necklace, it was a straight "no" anyway. I've always found this guy sneaky. But tonight, he wasn't only sneaky, he was a coward.

It pains me to watch people do stupid things on Survivor. Yes, I do mean giving up an Immunity necklace. But seeing that I wanted Brandon out anyway, kudos to him.

The win is between Coach and Sophie, I feel. And whoever wins will determine how I feel about the entire season, in two very drastic ways. Of course, I'm rooting for the latter...
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2011, 01:35:16 AM »
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT JUST HAPPENED??  :cmas18

Why in the world did Brandon give up the immunity necklace? 

And I now realize that Albert is pure B.S.  If he was really "spiritual" he would have returned the necklance to Brandon the rightful owner.

And Coach voting his spiritual buddy Brandon out also reflects what he is all about. 

At least now I see why the spoilers are predicting Sophie for the win.  You blew it, Coach, big time - had you voted Sophie out, you would have taken the mill instead of handing it over to Sophie!!!!!!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2011, 01:57:54 AM »
I certainly hope Sophie doesn't win, as she was the only person I disliked on the original Upolu tribe. I feel as though Albert and Sophie both don't deserve to win, because they keep making plans (Albert in particular) to shake up the game and make a big move, but they have never delivered on these promises, and have simply settled for the act of coattail-riding.

I'm cheering for Coach, although I fully agree that he should've voted off Sophie, because she is clearly the biggest jury threat. I disapprove of Coach's endgame here - he is keeping all of the people who present legitimate jury threats, and he is voting off all the people that he could easily beat (Cochran, Edna, Brandon).

I have mixed feelings about the finale - I feel like nobody has played well enough to deserve a million dollars... :cmas5

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2011, 04:52:28 AM »
I have mixed feelings about the finale - I feel like nobody has played well enough to deserve a million dollars... :cmas5

I think Rick deserves a million dollars. :cmaslol Have never seen such a low-key contestant. :cmas22
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2011, 04:55:03 AM »

I think Rick deserves a million dollars. :cmaslol Have never seen such a low-key contestant. :cmas22

Last week he started talking in a confessional and I was like...Who's that?. Legit, that was the first confessional I've seen him in.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2011, 07:35:17 AM »

Last week he started talking in a confessional and I was like...Who's that?. Legit, that was the first confessional I've seen him in.

Haha, my sister and I were watching, and when he started talking, we both said, at the exact same time, "That's the first time I've heard his voice!" :cmaslol

I can't believe how little we have seen of him! :cmas27

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2011, 07:35:54 AM »

Rick had two confessionals in EP11...
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2011, 07:39:23 AM »
I hoped as he watches this season, he found it as painful as we viewers did and show repentance. :(
My sentiments exactly!
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2011, 07:56:39 AM »
Little sister and I were thrilled to see Little Hantz go. This is her first season that she's watched ever so I'm glad that she's enjoying it. Though we were both devastated at the consecutive loss of Dawn, Cochran, and Edna, our 3 favorites (though her overriding favorites were Sophie and Cochran) Anyway, I agree that both Brandon and Coach have a hard time distinguishing between what they think God wants them to do, and what they want to do in the game. I also didn't feel all that comfortable with Coach saying "As a Christian man, I will...." and then immediately breaking his word. But that's just my two cents. Still missing Cochran though  :cmaslol
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2011, 08:02:04 AM »
I think that it is completely fine to play the role of the 'good Christian', as long as you aren't being hypocritical. Brandon and Coach have completely failed to live up to their role of 'good Christian men'. I don't really like hypocrites.

This season's cast has been slightly underwhelming for me. (I want Phillip Sheppard. :cmaslol )As I mentioned on one of the other threads, I don't feel as though any of these people deserve a million dollars.