Author Topic: TAR 20 Maps Thread  (Read 10498 times)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR 20 Maps Thread
« on: December 01, 2011, 10:40:14 PM »
Spoiler map so far for Asuncion.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 Maps Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 07:26:16 PM »
Airport...?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »
Leg One maps! I know I haven't finished up the TAR 19 maps yet, but I'll get to them, hopefully soon!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:02:23 AM by Neobie »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 11:16:28 AM »
Shifted the dropzone in Leg One to the west side of the river. Thanks Maf! What makes this interesting is that Maiya actually got stuck at the right spot, if she were heading to the X on her map. I'm not sure if the drivers got additional directions, but what all other teams did was to drive past the X, across the bridge, then park immediately to their right.

And here are the maps for Leg Two. Looks like Art/JJ drove all the way back to Santa Barbara to ask for directions.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 01:27:18 PM by Neobie »

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 11:55:59 AM »
Shifted the dropzone in Leg One to the west side of the river. Thanks Maf! What makes this interesting is that Maiya actually got stuck at the right spot, if she were heading to the X on her map. I'm not sure if the drivers got additional directions, but what all other teams did was to drive past the X, across the bridge, then park immediately to their right.

My guess is that the map did show the landing spot (the big X) and they were told to park in the designated area. There was a small sign with a race flag and the text "Park here" after the bridge.

And yes, Maiya got stuck at the point where the road was closest to the landing spot.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 02:54:26 AM »
I wanted to help out for the Maps

I think all the info you need for Leg 3 is in the Leg 3 thread  :tup:

For Leg 4,
All locations are easily found on Google Maps, except the statue yard which is on the corner of Via Giulio Carcano and Via Alfonso Varano  :tup:

Offline TarJunkie999

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
 :lol: Here's the address of the statue task:

L'ARTE MARMI SRL
Via Alfonso Varano, 98
10153 TORINO

it's coveniently across the street from the cemetery

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 11:48:02 PM »
I'm not sure if the travel agencies should be included, but just in case:
  • East agency, 360 Ayolas
  • Mayara agency, 486 Santos

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 01:41:04 AM »
wow, both of you!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 07:06:08 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm struggling through Finals Week(s) here, will have the maps up soon, hopefully!

(Peach, I'll make the maps permanent at the end of the season, after corrections have been made!)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 05:58:32 PM »
Since there is no thread for information about an Amazing Race destination, I am coopting this thread for that purpose.

COCHIN (or Kochi)
Cochin, is called the Queen of the Arabian Sea. The commercial hub of Kerala, it is a fast growing city abuzz with industries, shopping malls, cinema houses, hotels and restaurants. Known for its Chinese fishing nets, churches, synagogues and the spectacular backwaters, Cochin is a developed city that has preserved its natural beauty.

The town has three main parts- Fort Cochin, Willingdon Island and Ernakulam. Fort Cochin (Fort Kochi) occupies the Southern cape on the seaward side of the Bay. Willingdon Island is a man-made island which was created from the sand dug out from deepening the port. Across the causeway from Willingdon Island is Cohin. The Bolghatty Island, a long narrow peninsula, is situated at the opposite side of Ernakulam jetty. The Vypeen Island is situated beyond Bolghatty Island.

Cochin is located on the coast of the Arabian Sea with Allapuzha on the South, Idukki on the East and Thrissur on the North. This commercial capital and of Kerala is one of the finest natural harbours in the world which is a major centre of trade and commerce.

A major tourist attraction nearby is the Kohanad elephant taming center. Others are Bolgatty Palace (pit stop for Amazing Race Asia 3, ep. 8), Willington Island, Jew Street the Spice Market and Kumbalangi.

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
The capital city of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram also known as Trivandrum is known for its rolling low coastal hills and busy business alleys. The political nerve centre of Kerala it has several Central and State Government offices. It is also home to several prestigious educational, science, technology and research institutions such as Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Technopark and the Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research (IISER).

The city built on seven hills is named after the fabled serpent God 'Anantha' on whom Sri Anantha Padmanabhan (Lord Vishnu) reclines. The Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple here is 2000 years old. Thiruvananthapuram had trading links with the rest of the world from as early as 1000 BC.

Tourist attractions include Aravikara with its Kumbalangi Temple and the ancient port of Vizhinjam.
Thiruvananthapuram continues to be an important trading centre with several communication links to Maldives, Sri Lanka and countries to the West of the Arabian Sea. The city has numerous places of interest and offers all that a tourist seeks.

KOZHIKODE
Kozhikode found its place in the world map when in 1498, Vasco Da Gama, the Portuguese explorer landed here on the Kappad Beach. Also known as Calicut, Kozhikode is a place that has historical sites galore. The ‘Jewel of the Malabar’ has Hindus, Muslims and Christians living in harmony, keeping their beliefs and traditions alive.

A lush green countryside with serene beaches, historic sites, wildlife sanctuaries, rivers and hills make Kozhikode a popular destination. The district has three distinct regions - the sandy, the rocky highlands formed by the hilly portion of the Western Ghats and the Lateritic midlands.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 06:24:30 PM by apskip »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 05:30:12 AM »
After a very looooong break, maps for Legs 3, 4, and 5... If you guys can help find the FF location in Baku or the Pit Stop hotel/Pit Start after Kochi #2, that'd be great!

Thanks to Docol, Slowhatch, Hakushu8, Leafsfan, WalkingPneumonia, ZouLy, Supah3ro, and TarJunkie999!

Note the wasted trip to Ehrwald in the beginning of Leg 5...

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 10:54:50 PM »
The hay Fast Forward in Baku has been found! So here are the Leg 6 maps:

Information from Slowhatch, Hakushu8, ZouLy, and Leafsfan in the Episodes Thread!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:07:37 PM by Neobie »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 10:03:36 AM »
Somehow managed to identify the spots in Karatu, and here are the maps for the two Tanzania legs.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 11:47:20 AM »
Awesome as always!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 12:32:37 AM »

And here are the maps for Leg Two. Looks like Art/JJ drove all the way back to Santa Barbara to ask for directions.

Neobie, I'm sorry to say it, but the Buenos Aires map have some mistakes.

1.- Not all the teams took the route you indicate to go the Mercado de Liniers (that looks good on Google Map or something like that; but trust me, it's not the one I choose, I live on Buenos Aires and I know what I'm talking about).  The first bunch of teams (Art/JJ, Rachel/Dave, Rachel/Brendon & Mark/Bopper) were taken there using Eduardo Madero Ave., Ing. Huergo Ave., 25 de Mayo Highway, Dellepiane Highway, Larrazabal Ave., Eva Perón Ave. and Lisandro de la Torre Ave. until the insertection with De los Corrales Ave. where they find the statue with the clues.  The image from pic "a" supports this fact, that is Eduardo Madero Ave..

2.- In the same line, Nary & Jaime and Kerry & Stacy made they way to the Mercado by L. N. Alem Ave., Rivadavia Av., Av. de Mayo Ave., 9 de Julio Ave., 25 de Mayo Highway.  At this point, Kerry & Stacy's cab driver followed the same route that the first group of teams; but Nary & Jaime's one took the option through Perito Moreno Highway, J. B. Alberdi Ave. and Lisandro de la Torre Ave. until the same intersection.  The image from pic "b" is from Plaza de Mayo square (the pink building on the left is "Casa Rosada", the seat of Argentinian Goverment), and the only way to cross it is using this route.

3.- In the last four teams case, I'm pretty sure that they used one of those two routes too if not both.

4.- Another facts that supports all this are the pics "c" and "d".  In pic "c" Brendon and Rachel are running with the wall on their right.  The only way this could happened was if they did in South-North direction.  Another evidence is the white building on pic "d", that is on the south-west extreme of the Mercado and it's on the other side of Lisandro de la Torre Ave., the same place were the taxi driver dropped Brenchel.  Also, Art & JJ saw them running along the avenue and passed them on their cab. 

5.- Nary & Jaime and Vanessa & Ralph are the only teams who arrived from the opposite direction. Evidence: pic "e", the wall is on their left..

6.- Joey Fitness & Danny, Kerry & Stacy, Dave & Cherie and Elliot & Andrew also arrived from the south..

7.- This is a minor correction:  is "Puerto Madero", not "Puerto Madera".

A

B

C

D

E
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:23:22 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 01:07:32 PM »
Last bunch of maps, with thanks to Jacobsk68, Alenaveda, Chateau, TarJunkie999, Bcp19 and DrRox!
(Buenos Aires corrected, thanks Alenaveda! Let me know of any other things to change!)

Legs 9 and 10

I found the Fast Forward temple just outside Cherthala, not Kuthiathodu as the wiki page has it. Could someone with an account help change that please? It's distinctive on Google Maps as the temple is sited at an angle to the main road.

Leg 11

Leg 12

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 01:29:27 PM by Neobie »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 01:32:45 PM »
And here's the placemark folder of all the locations on TAR 20!
(Well, except for that pesky Kochi resort, which I'll hopefully get to continue looking some time...)

Oh, I saved the airport placemarks in another folder from the seasons folders (multiple LAX placemarks don't work very well on my computer), so they won't appear on here.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 04:10:52 PM »
Last bunch of maps, with thanks to Jacobsk68, Alenaveda, Chateau, TarJunkie999, Bcp19 and DrRox!
(Buenos Aires corrected, thanks Alenaveda! Let me know of any other things to change!)

Nothing else.  I'm unable to give you a route from the Mercado to the PitStop, because I only have the Directorio Ave. as a reference during the taxi race between Davechel and Art & JJ and the rest of the images are too short to make a suitable location, that means a lot of posibilities  :( . So..., I think we can say the Buenos Aires map is done  :tup: .
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez