Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 12 "Go Out And Get It Done" (Atlanta, Georgia)  (Read 81519 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 19 EP 12 "Go Out And Get It Done" (Atlanta, Georgia)
« on: December 01, 2011, 09:31:36 AM »
    Thanks to racer for the title find! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AFTER 4 CONTINENTS, 20 CITIES AND NEARLY 40,000 MILES, THE FINAL THREE TEAMS COMPETE FOR THE ONE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE, ON THE SEASON FINALE OF “THE AMAZING RACE,” DEC. 11

CHEAT TWEET: 4 continents, 20 cities & nearly 40,000 miles! #AmazingRace season finale 12/11 at 8pmET/PT! Who will B Team # 1? http://bit.ly/vXkjNv

“Go Out and Get It Done” (Atlanta, Ga.) – After racing through 4 continents, 20 cities and nearly 40,000 miles, the final three teams race to Atlanta, Ga., where a smooth landing evades one team as their competition soars. In the end, the winning team is crowned and awarded the $1 million dollar prize, on the season finale of THE AMAZING RACE Sunday, Dec. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is the host.       
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 02:29:38 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 19 EP 12 "OMGosh, was that peach??" Atlanta, GA, USA
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 09:33:36 AM »
PREVIEW!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7yKN3HqRgB4?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7yKN3HqRgB4?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

PROMO!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/40eJB5UmHQY?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/40eJB5UmHQY?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

PREVIEW 2!! Thanks WP!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/o1S-TDTyqrc?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/o1S-TDTyqrc?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 09:24:08 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 19 EP 12 "Go Out and Get It Done!"Atlanta, GA, USA
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 09:34:32 AM »
Thank you DOM EL for the TIMELINE!!

Leg 12 (Panama City, Panama → Atlanta, Georgia, USA ) (Tweets)

FilmedJuly 10
BroadcastDecember 11

START LINEPanama Viejo (Intro / Chateau), Panama City

FLIGHTS Panama City > Atlanta on DL 392 (Tweets)

ROUTE INFOFlight Safety International, Atlanta (Peach )

ROUTE INFOMargaret Mitchell House, Atlanta (Peach )
ROADBLOCKInvolves typing on a Remington typewriter(Peach)

ROUTE INFOTurner Field, Atlanta (Peach )

PIT STOPSwan House, Atlanta (Peach)

Special thanks also to walkingpneumonia and Chateau d If!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 08:42:56 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 09:35:01 AM »
saved for Summaries :lol:

From the Dec 9 issue of Entertainment Weekly - p.69
"... they Panama and touch down on American soil for a high-tech flight-simulator challenge and the perennial brain teaser.  We do not know who will compete in the final leg, but it's a safe bet that race-long front-runners ... Tommy & Andy ... will make it to the final Pit Stop in Atlanta."
:groan:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:00:43 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 09:35:25 AM »
saved for MAPS
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 19 EP 12 "Go Out And Get It Done" (Atlanta, Georgia)
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »
We have been waiting a long, long time for this!! Atlanta was way overdue for a visit.

And I hope it will be a great finale!

Other than being a gazillion degrees hot, humid as all get out, and a day of traffic from hell.... Sunday, July 10, 2011 was magical!!

And they couldn't have planned it better.... all of the locations were practically in my own backyard. :lol:

But this was a combined effort of the TAR Detective team. From our very first inkling (thanks WP!), through the weeks of careful planning, to days of prelocation scouting, to crucial on-the-day pitcrew support (thanks Chateau!), to the awesome and incredible onsite team who never missed a moment... right to the final mat, this was a carefully choreographed day!

And thanks to that entire team, we are able to bring you a taste of the TAR 19 Finale!

This was going to be a locations only taste...but since the final three has now been ID'd, we are now including some team photos as well. Finishing order will NOT be revealed, so if that is the only thing you care about...you are in the wrong place. After the first location, teams pics have been chosen for available clips only and the order seen may not reflect the actual times.

Otherwise, come along for an AMAZING day!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 09:41:17 AM »

FINALE LOCATIONS

Located 2 miles from Atlanta Hartsfield, Flight Safety operates the world’s largest fleet of full flight simulators.

http://www.flightsafety.com/

http://www.flightsafety.com/fs_location_center.php?c=1142&_ce=0&_site_unique=16231754624e2c74ee541008.49795707

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/7670163

=====================

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places and operated by the Atlanta History Center, the Margaret Mitchell House is a turn-of-the century, three-story, Tudor Revival building where Margaret Mitchell lived and wrote her Pulitzer-Prize winning book, Gone With the Wind.

Built in 1899 by Cornelius J. Sheehan, the single-family home on fashionable Peachtree Street was converted into a ten-unit apartment building in 1919.

Margaret Mitchell and her husband, John Marsh, moved into Apartment No.1 in 1925, when the building was known as the Crescent Apartments. Mitchell’s apartment is the only interior space of the restored house that is preserved as an apartment and maintains original architectural features, including the famous leaded glass window which Mitchell looked out while writing the book.

Guided tours of the Margaret Mitchell House are offered daily and include visits to her Crescent Avenue apartment, which she affectionately nicknamed “The Dump”, and to exhibitions about her life and the movie version of her book.

http://www.margaretmitchellhouse.com/

===================================

Turner Field, Home of the Atlanta Braves

The lot on the site of Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium contains an outline of the playing field, including markers for home plate, the bases and the location of Hank Aaron's record-breaking 715th home run.

http://mlb.mlb.com/atl/ballpark/directions/index.jsp?content=map

===================================

Traditionally known as one of the most recognized and photographed landmarks in Atlanta, Swan House is an elegant, classically styled mansion built in 1928 for the Edward H. Inman family, heirs to a cotton brokerage fortune. The mansion, designed by famed Atlanta architect Philip Trammell Shutze, provides a glimpse into the lifestyle of this Atlanta family during the 1920s and 1930s.

Virtual Tour of the Gardens:
http://www.seeit360.com/ahc/swanhouse_back2.html

http://www.atlantahistorycenter.com/cms/Swan+House/116.html

===========================
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 09:58:41 AM »
Presented by the TAR DETECTIVE TEAM, with special thanks to walkingpneumonia, Chateau D'IF, the fabulous on site helpers, and my wonderful city!

Enjoy!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/g3nQixVdOfE?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/g3nQixVdOfE?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 10:24:50 AM »
Thanks for not revealing the final three earlier!!! It was fun speculating!! :<3 :hrt:
But I'm still shocked that Andy & Tommy have been eliminated in Panama. Werent my favourites but I would of never though that they were not going to be part of the finale

Oh and that final challenge: :ascared :ascared :ascared Looks like they need to draw (or attach ropes?) the route on this big stand. Going to be awesome :yess:

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 10:47:38 AM »
THIS IS EPIC! GREAT VIDEO! SO EXCITED!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 11:28:48 AM »
Just a note:

The three teams all arrived at the taxis within 3 minutes of each other and were underway in about 5 minutes total.

The Flight Safety is just around the back side of the airport... they all arrived there within 5 min of each other.

One of the closest starts I can remember!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »
That traffic looks ominous  :ascared

Anybody have access to records from 7/10/11?

And, what is the sound track from?   :duno:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 11:41:53 AM »
Very good job guys!

It's Peach's hometown... Obviously there'd be a Gone with the Wind soundtrack in there!

Spoiler: Cindy's not last at the map challenge...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »
Thanks for not revealing the final three earlier!!! It was fun speculating!! :<3 :hrt:
But I'm still shocked that Andy & Tommy have been eliminated in Panama. Werent my favourites but I would of never though that they were not going to be part of the finale

Oh and that final challenge: :ascared :ascared :ascared Looks like they need to draw (or attach ropes?) the route on this big stand. Going to be awesome :yess:

Ditto on all points! It looks like a better designed finale than last year :hearts:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 12:24:11 PM »
Wow, you guys are just so great! Looking forward to the final challenge, seems quite interesting~
Glad that the order is not revealed so it won't spoil the fun of watching!

With A/T gone, I really hope E/C can win it!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 01:22:47 PM »
Peach

Can't wait, will after the season ends give us a detailed diary of your day?  Please?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 01:49:43 PM »
I just did. :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 01:53:45 PM »
This is so awesome! Great job, peach! That's just amazing, REALLY!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 01:55:53 PM »
One little point. Turner Field is the post-Olympic use of the Centennial Olympic Stadium and was built adjacent to the old Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium which was demolished after it was used in the 1996 Olympic Games for baseball. (So Bert kept his habit of hitting all of the Olympic Stadium venues.)

(While I don't live in Atlanta now, I did live there for more than 20 years, and knew where these places were.)

Traffic -- Atlanta was the first metro area to have real time online traffic reporting which was set up for the 1996 Olympics, especially for all of the interstates running through and around Atlanta. I did look at the site during that day, and yes there was a major traffic problem on the interstates going north from the airport, (think TAR 5's finale drive from Fort Worth into Dallas.)

And Peach, I did do good with getting three of my 6 locale picks that day -- in my gut I was certain they'd somehow get the world busiest airport, Gone With the Wind and the Olympics in the mix. (Guess the world's largest aquarium, Stone Mountain, the Martin Luther King historic district, Underground and Coca-Cola will be there the next time TAR makes it to Atlanta.)

Edited to add: As in Peach's video, the Olympic Torch Caudron  from 1996 was moved two blocks north to an intersection that starts several blocks of pylons with plaques commemorating various things related to the Olympics. That avenue runs past both the site of the old stadium and Turner Field. Given where that presumably "final" roadblock task is, the Olympic Torch Caudron and the avenue of pylons should be visible in the footage when it airs.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:57:06 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 01:58:20 PM »
It was a wonderful day!  And the best part was we started with the slimmest of leads...but the team triumphed!
But it took a LOT of work!

And now I can quit having nightmares about TAR coming to ATlanta and me being stuck at work! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 02:17:51 PM »
WOW!! What a impressive! I think it's more interesting and more epic! :)
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 03:17:34 PM »
An important FYI on the CBS schedule next Sunday. CBS has the doubleheader, which means that there will almost certainly be a overrun of the CBS coverage of the NFL. The maps from the506 website won't be available until Tuesday, so we won't know until then if any east coast markets may have a home blackout that is taking only the early CBS game.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 03:35:05 PM »
An important FYI on the CBS schedule next Sunday. CBS has the doubleheader, which means that there will almost certainly be a overrun of the CBS coverage of the NFL. The maps from the506 website won't be available until Tuesday, so we won't know until then if any east coast markets may have a home blackout that is taking only the early CBS game.

Oh, I hope my market (the Philly one) has a blackout that will take only the early CBS game!

Belle Book

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 03:48:52 PM »
Oh! So the final Roadblock has teams drawing the race route on the map
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »
Wow.. Just wow!!