Author Topic: TAR 20: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal HERE (contestants, locations, tasks)  (Read 39038 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 20: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal HERE (contestants, locations, tasks)
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2012, 09:28:10 AM »
The tasks are lame? :o What about balancing a bottle on your heard during a dance, building pyramids of watermelons, stringing harps, scrubbing down oil covered bathers, searching through cars full of apples, and trimming beards? :duno: I thought the curling with a gnome was a nice touch. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2012, 09:36:31 AM »
The tasks are lame? :o What about balancing a bottle on your heard during a dance, building pyramids of watermelons, stringing harps, scrubbing down oil covered bathers, searching through cars full of apples, and trimming beards? :duno: I thought the curling with a gnome was a nice touch. :lol:

I said MOST of them :lol: The ones you mentionned were pretty good (with the exception of the oil, which was easy - it was unbanlanced with the long apple task), and this is why I didnt mentionned them in my small list. I forgot to mention that the Paraguay leg was awesome (half of the tasks you mentionned are in that episode tho).

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2012, 09:38:26 AM »
IMO, I just think the tasks this season have been better than last season. :tup:

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2012, 10:03:20 AM »

I said MOST of them :lol: The ones you mentionned were pretty good (with the exception of the oil, which was easy - it was unbanlanced with the long apple task), and this is why I didnt mentionned them in my small list. I forgot to mention that the Paraguay leg was awesome (half of the tasks you mentionned are in that episode tho).

I don't think it's necessary for a detour to have "balanced" tasks. One could be easier, or harder or balanced. Sometimes they make the detour description sound harder or easier to deceive the teams.

I do think the tasks in Azerbaijan are too easy and straight forward. I wish they put a time limit in the roadblock. And make you wait for 15 mins before you can start again, if you fail to finish within the time limit. Just to add drama. :lol:
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline nununally

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2012, 09:10:36 PM »
Although I've expressed my opinion on the other thread, the only 2 sets of racers I generally like on this race are Art & J.J and Bopper & Mark, I loved what they did for Bopper and Mark at the end of episode 4? giving them some money, brilliant to watch and shows that Art and J.J are good guys.

Special mention to Brendon for having to deal with the endless Tantrums.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2012, 01:05:02 AM »
when we first got the press releases on TAR20 i was pumped up because we had NO idea that the race went to Germany, Azerbaijan and TANZANIA!!!
when i first took a look at the cast, i thought they all looked pretty competitive, and it looked like they got FF teams with POTENTIAL to win
i was upset that there weren't any generational teams (parent/child, grandparent/child)
but i was excited for a competitive race!   :yess:  :wohoo:

so far I'm really liking TAR20  :hrt:

we have the loveable teams (Kentucky and Clowns!!!), the villains (Varalphasaurus), and the teams we love to hate (BRENCHEL), and then we have the meh teams.. but still a good mix which i like!!  :tup:

Leg 1 was a great opener, SKYDIVING!!!! and even though there wasn't really a starting line challenge, i liked the fact they had to get the first clue themselves
and the Misa and Maiya elimination.... unforgettable!!!!  :lol:  :wohoo:

Leg 2 hmm... meh, i did like the Roadblock but thats about it  :groan:

Leg 3 WOW. almost FLAWLESS leg. AIRPORT DRAMA!!! tough detour!! good enough roadblock, and the Twins and Varalphasaurus foot race!!!!! the changing positions, overall, an awesome episode. GO PARAGUAY!  :luvya:  :conf:  :wohoo:

Leg 4 besides the salami Detour, it was a @#$*!y leg  :gaah:

Leg 5 now you guys have been saying the challenges aren't EASY, but at least they are creative!!  :wohoo: i thought the detour was great and equally balanced out. i loved how we got a tour of two beautiful castles, and the Roaming Gnome was used in a much better way. and even though it was weird, i really liked the Pit Stop hahaha COWS  :hrt:

Leg 6 i literally knew NOTHING about Azerbaijan! but it looks like a great place :tup:
the fast forward was effective, but was only exciting because two teams went for it
the RB i thought was REALLY cool. it looks easy on TV but I'm sure it was much more frightening than you think. it wasn't that bad cmon  :jam:
im glad they managed to include Old Baku, which looks beautiful  :)
and the detour was EQUAL. the oil was the easier task but was further away from the detour clue. the apple task was harder but was way closer to the detour clue
average episode  :tup:

i hope Tanzania, India, Japan and Hawaii continue to make this an AWESOME race!!!

:hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:13:03 AM by supah3ro »

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2012, 01:37:55 PM »
India again for 2 legs is just sooo LAME  :groan:

paldog123456

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2012, 02:29:44 PM »
Depends. India is HUGE. Going to a NEW area is just like going to a whole new country...almost. :lol:

Otherwise it is sort of like saying you have seen America, but you have only been to NYC.

India is interesting, complex, colorful, and always challenging for the racers, so I don't mind!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2012, 03:02:19 PM »
I was hoping for two Japan legs. Putting Kyoto & Osaka (just a speculation) in one leg is very lame. :lol:
Choroneko used Splash

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2012, 04:08:52 PM »
This!

paldog123456

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2012, 05:31:36 PM »
They could have flown into another country in the region, perhaps Sri Lanka as its the only safe and recently unvisited country then went onto India and flown to Japan.

We have confirmation that there are 2 India legs...

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
They could have flown into another country in the region, perhaps Sri Lanka as its the only safe and recently unvisited country then went onto India and flown to Japan.

Yes, they could have, although to fly past all of southern India to reach Sri Lanka and then fly back to Kerala does not make any sense in an environment where costs matter to CBS.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2012, 09:54:35 PM »
I was hoping for two Japan legs. Putting Kyoto & Osaka (just a speculation) in one leg is very lame. :lol:
Kyoto is a very lovely and revered city for the Japanese people. It would be very appropriate for WRP/CBS to have scheduled a leg devoted exclusively to Kyoto, which is only about 60 miles from Kyoto's Kansai Airport. Osaka is more of a super-large Japanese metro area.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2012, 10:33:35 PM »
Can someone link me to the Kerala spoilers?

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2012, 10:42:04 PM »
Kyoto is a very lovely and revered city for the Japanese people. It would be very appropriate for WRP/CBS to have scheduled a leg devoted exclusively to Kyoto, which is only about 60 miles from Kyoto's Kansai Airport. Osaka is more of a super-large Japanese metro area.

Exactly my thought. As a Japanese, I am deeply saddened by it.
It's like squeezing your country's most beautiful city with a random Megalopolis.
But my spec could be wrong tho, maybe it's just an Osaka leg.
Choroneko used Splash

jiajia12

« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2012, 11:42:13 AM »
Art and JJ seriously keep your mouth shut,how dare you making troubles for Brenchel and Nary and Jamie at the same time,U turn them now somebody. Vanessa grow up even your 38 you still act like a brat :groan:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2012, 04:28:35 PM »
jiajia12,

The rumor that Vanessa's age is 38 is being spread by a vindictive Rachel. If you believe the official ages for all AR20 racers, Vanessa is only 31 (4 years older than Rachel).

Offline kungfuwomn

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2012, 05:06:02 PM »
Ugg the preview makes me dislike Vanessa and boreder patrol more and like the feds/teachers better.I have heard that B/R like Patrol now that show is over but i cant stand them and i if they win the show then as much as i love Brenchel would ruin the season for me. I rather see the feds/teachers win over them.And Boring Rachel and her husband just bore me dont find them interesting at all. Wish the final 3 were Brenchel,KYTeam and Feds but dont think that will happen.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2012, 05:12:53 PM »
The final 3 spoilers can be found on this board if you want to know them ;)

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2012, 05:18:10 PM »
Ugg the preview makes me dislike Vanessa and boreder patrol more and like the feds/teachers better.I have heard that B/R like Patrol now that show is over but i cant stand them and i if they win the show then as much as i love Brenchel would ruin the season for me. I rather see the feds/teachers win over them.And Boring Rachel and her husband just bore me dont find them interesting at all. Wish the final 3 were Brenchel,KYTeam and Feds but dont think that will happen.

If i end up hating or not the border patrols depends on what is going to happen the next week. If they discover Nary and Jamie and they just make comments saying they didn't like the lie or something like that, ok, maybe i would tolarate that... and i'm being almost like Mother Theresa. BUT... if they start to tell the other teams what they discovered and induce the other teams to hate Nary and Jamie and tell a bunch of cr#!* about morals or something like that... MEN I'M GONNA GET SERIOUS and i'm gonna hate them with all my soul, even more than the globetrotters, the detectives, the guidos, tom & terry, erick & danielle, tara & will, JONATHAN.... that level of HATE.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2012, 05:28:54 PM »
The "teachers" made the choice to lie so however people react when they find the truth is not really within their control.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2012, 06:29:26 PM »
The final 3 spoilers can be found on this board if you want to know them ;)

:o :puter:

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »
Wish the final 3 were Brenchel,KYTeam and Feds but dont think that will happen.
That's my personal wish too! :hearts: it'll never happen, though. Virtual high five!

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2012, 09:17:44 PM »

If i end up hating or not the border patrols depends on what is going to happen the next week. If they discover Nary and Jamie and they just make comments saying they didn't like the lie or something like that, ok, maybe i would tolarate that... and i'm being almost like Mother Theresa. BUT... if they start to tell the other teams what they discovered and induce the other teams to hate Nary and Jamie and tell a bunch of cr#!* about morals or something like that... MEN I'M GONNA GET SERIOUS and i'm gonna hate them with all my soul, even more than the globetrotters, the detectives, the guidos, tom & terry, erick & danielle, tara & will, JONATHAN.... that level of HATE.

Sometimes i can't believe how honest i can be with myself.  :lol: