Author Topic: TAR20 Wish Lists  (Read 17873 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR20 Wish Lists
« on: November 23, 2011, 10:24:23 AM »
I have noticed that a lot of wish lists are overwhelming threads meant for other purposes. Why not put them in this thread?

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR20 Wish Lists
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:43:56 AM »
I wish to see:

Rachel from BB!
Naonka or Russell H. from Survivor!
Omarosa as well!

:lol: I'm not that against of people from other shows crossing-over TAR. :tup:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Amazingracer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 01:07:33 PM »
Hello I'm new, I discover TAR during TAR 15 and have fallen in love.

I would like to see many new countries or countries that have not been visited in a long time. I want to see Turkey and the Philippines. I think for new countries, we might see Qatar, Azerbaijan and possibly Israel. I want to see many European countries that have only been visited once or twice. Can't wait for TAR 20 to start, I think it will start this Saturday.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 01:49:11 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, Amazingracer!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Amazingracer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 04:58:30 PM »
If one of the racers is Jewish or has visited Israel, this season would be the best chance to go to Israel. That racer would stop the race from going to many Southwest Asian countries. So we could go with Israel instead of having to go straight from East Asia to Europe.

Offline Amazingracer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 05:29:06 PM »

Avi and Joe from season 6 that is why that season was a heavily european based season.

They built a whole race around them and they were the first ones out. That year they didn't even make it out of Europe until leg 8! I don't like how much time they spent in one place. For many of the countries that year, that was the only time they were visited, If it ever happens again we may return to countries that we have not visited in a long time and visit new countries.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 06:10:52 PM »
That year they didn't even make it out of Europe until leg 8!

Leg 4 was in Senegal...

Offline Amazingracer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 06:14:35 PM »

Leg 4 was in Senegal...

Sorry, missed that, but they went right back into Europe on the next leg.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 09:34:34 AM »
If one of the racers is Jewish or has visited Israel, this season would be the best chance to go to Israel. That racer would stop the race from going to many Southwest Asian countries. So we could go with Israel instead of having to go straight from East Asia to Europe.
A person's religion is not indicated on a U.S. passport, so being a member of the Jewish faith would not preclude any racer from visiting a country that does not recognize the state of Israel.
I have visited Israel many times and have never been prohibited from visiting any other country anywhere.

Any experienced traveler knows that if you anticipate visiting two countries sequentially that have strained relationships, you carry 2 passports.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 10:01:37 AM »
Back to wishlists...

I feel that, not only because of being my country, but Spain could be visited and be home to one or two legs (we've only had a walk-through in TAR3 and half leg in TAR10 in here). I don't feel Madrid is a great place for a leg, it's too industrial, maybe. Barcelona is great, but already visited. I'd go with Valencia & Sevilla, for example.

I would love a visit to Italy, Turkey, some Kenya, Norway/Sweden/Finland maybe... I don't know.

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 05:16:36 PM »
 :js:

New Zealand might be the first leg, if they fly out today they can be in New Zealand by the 26th so Phil can vote in New Zealands federal election.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 07:53:15 PM »
Wishes for TAR20: Well, not much right now, but maybe a couple things, including:

1. A mid-leg elimination mid-race (Maybe Leg 6, 7, or 8) If not, four teams in the final leg, and someone is booted within the first TV 15 minutes

2. The Fast Forward if it really isn't retired. Maybe have it surface in the leg where the 4th-place team is revealed, but it shouldn't come into play until the Express Pass reaches its expiration point.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 08:02:34 PM »
I would like to see them visit Canada, I would love to see my home of Niagara Falls in HD, although I would be dissapointed as I am studying abroad while they are filming. I would love to see Samoa or the Cook Islands or Greece. Selfishly, I would love them to come to Canberra, Australia while I am studying here. As for teams, I love to hate Brenchel so I would be okay with them on the race.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 04:32:02 AM »
Oh oh oh! Please TAR, get Rebecca Black! Like Caite, she needs redemption! :hearts:

... EDIT: Oh maybe 4 years from now. I forgot she's only 14. :lol3:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 04:40:24 AM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 07:35:25 AM »
Oh oh oh! Please TAR, get Rebecca Black! Like Caite, she needs redemption! :hearts:

Maybe they would make a HUGE exception. :lol3:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 12:08:55 PM »

Maybe they would make a HUGE exception. :lol3:

Please take her! She would be like a Diva in each TAXI! :lol3: 

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 07:13:56 PM »
I would like to see them visit Canada, I would love to see my home of Niagara Falls in HD, although I would be dissapointed as I am studying abroad while they are filming. I would love to see Samoa or the Cook Islands or Greece. Selfishly, I would love them to come to Canberra, Australia while I am studying here. As for teams, I love to hate Brenchel so I would be okay with them on the race.

On Season 8 they visited the Niagara Gorge.

Really? I didn't start watching until about season 11 or 12. On the Canadian side or the American side?

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 03:23:31 AM »
I would love a night start! maybe having early flights like 6am or 7am and have them start at  1am or 2am, that would initially throw the racers off their game with no sleep.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 03:34:57 AM »
I would love a night start! maybe having early flights like 6am or 7am and have them start at  1am or 2am, that would initially throw the racers off their game with no sleep.

And then when they have to drive to the airport with no sleep? Dangerous.

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 05:41:42 AM »
well they're constantly sleep deprived... so I don't see much difference, if that's the issue

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 03:30:37 PM »
My dream is that they would visit Falkland Islands or Venezuela maybe?  :tup:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 09:58:28 PM »
 :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

I am hoping they are heading for Australia or New Zealand.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 04:05:02 PM »

I guess calling it the Niagara Gorge is accurate. It is more accurate to call the scene of the jetboat ride from Toronto to Joseph Davis State Park as the Niagara River. That state park is quite close to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario and 10 miles to Niagara Falls.

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 04:46:51 PM »

I guess calling it the Niagara Gorge is accurate. It is more accurate to call the scene of the jetboat ride from Toronto to Joseph Davis State Park as the Niagara River. That state park is quite close to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario and 10 miles to Niagara Falls.

The jet boat ride is in Queenston, not Toronto  :]

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 11:20:49 PM »
My dream is that they would visit Falkland Islands or Venezuela maybe?  :tup:
Yes!! The Falklands has been on my wish list too!