Author Topic: TAR 20: What can we expect?  (Read 10824 times)

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
Re: TAR 20: What can we expect?
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 05:11:00 AM »
Hmmmm. Getting some new info that the recruited semi-celebrity-ish teams could maybe be for TAR 21?? :duno:
:cmas18

:cmas18  :cmas18
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • KYLIE GODDESS
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 06:10:07 AM »
I was expecting Switchback task in Argentina: meat-eating challenge  :wohoo: Is that possible?

I'm new here, anyway

WELCOME, Theodorus!!!

That Roadblock was in Mendoza, and TAR hardly ever visits twice places that aren't the Capital City of a country. That said, and knowing how big Argentina is, I don't think they would go again to Camping Suizo and make the same Roadblock in the same place. But the same Roadblock in another place? I think that *could* be possible.

I agree with you and racer that it was quite an epic Roadblock with all that 4-hour penalties applied, but I'm not sure if Mendoza could be home for a second leg in that city. Pure spec, of course.
Sam's AR10: Sarah & Shaleen F04 Leg 10 (4,352,785 IDR)
TAR Greece: Ήβη & Ελευθερία F15 Leg 02 (Kos Town-418€)
Joab TAR24: David (Veteran) F18 Leg 04

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 04:13:46 PM »
I was expecting Switchback task in Argentina: meat-eating challenge  :wohoo: Is that possible?

I'm new here, anyway

WELCOME, Theodorus!!!

That Roadblock was in Mendoza, and TAR hardly ever visits twice places that aren't the Capital City of a country. That said, and knowing how big Argentina is, I don't think they would go again to Camping Suizo and make the same Roadblock in the same place. But the same Roadblock in another place? I think that *could* be possible.

I agree with you and racer that it was quite an epic Roadblock with all that 4-hour penalties applied, but I'm not sure if Mendoza could be home for a second leg in that city. Pure spec, of course.

San Carlos de Barlioche in Argentina :lol: Osaka, Dubai, Sydney etc.  :lol:
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

DavidJunior

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 04:26:12 PM »
The meat dish isn't exclusive to JUST Mendoza people...

I personally could see them doing it this year.  Honestly, I was surprised that they didn't do it when they visited Argentina last time (S16)... I felt that would've been a perfect opportunity (and then we wouldn't have had to deal with the lame lasso Roadblock...)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 04:31:55 PM »
Mendoza is a long way north of San Carlos de Bariloche and Mendoza is a long way south of Salta. I like the hypothesis that transfers the 4 pounds meat eating challenge elsewhere, possibly in the Salta area or the exurbs of Buenos Aires (like La Invernada where a different sort of task prevailed in AR5, episode 2).

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2012, 05:13:26 AM »
Here's something interesting: An interview with a Yale Professor of Law where she claims that she was asked to appear on The Amazing Race with her daughter, an offer which she declined.

http://thecareerist.typepad.com/thecareerist/2012/01/amy-chuas-career.html

Don't tell me you're going back to a quiet academic life. I feel we all know your family—Sophia, Lulu, Jed, and Coco and Push [the family dogs]. I mean, you're the Kardashians of the legal world! There must a reality show in the works, no?
Ha! Sophia and I were asked to be part of The Amazing Race. No, we're not doing it.

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2012, 09:09:16 AM »
Here's something interesting: An interview with a Yale Professor of Law where she claims that she was asked to appear on The Amazing Race with her daughter, an offer which she declined.

http://thecareerist.typepad.com/thecareerist/2012/01/amy-chuas-career.html

Don't tell me you're going back to a quiet academic life. I feel we all know your family—Sophia, Lulu, Jed, and Coco and Push [the family dogs]. I mean, you're the Kardashians of the legal world! There must a reality show in the works, no?
Ha! Sophia and I were asked to be part of The Amazing Race. No, we're not doing it.

Ah! The infamous Tiger Mom on TAR! That would have been great television. :lol3: Shame it won't happen

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Missing Apskip :(
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »
Sadly missed!

Documenting her Race Around the World:  Wild Eyes
Our children, what are they going to amount to?

Custom Search