Author Topic: TAR 20: What can we expect?  (Read 10853 times)

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20: What can we expect?
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 11:38:46 PM »
When will it start??

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 11:40:32 PM »
When will it start??

Not today.  :lol:

If I had to guess maybe an early Saturday morning start?
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 06:40:02 AM »
TAR 20 is on the way!!

Perhaps even a former racer with a new family member??

That's interesting. I wonder who if anyone returning.

Maybe someone got married recently? But I wouldn't like that. It would feel a lot like Eric and Danielle.

When I read that statement, I thought a former racer teamed up with someone who hasn't raced in TAR before. That'd be unique.
TARCW: Beast Boy 1 & Raven 1 (Leg 2*13G29S5C*Avatar: The Last Airbender*1st!)
TARJ: Heidi 5 & Vincent 3 (Leg8*2,604PHP+$1*Davao,Philippines*2nd!)

Offline Amazingracer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 09:58:41 PM »
I think we're pretty much all expecting an east coast start, heading to Europe first, possibly Latin America.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2011, 01:17:49 AM »
I think we're pretty much all expecting an east coast start, heading to Europe first, possibly Latin America.

We are? That's news to me. It might be right, but I haven't heard any reasons why it will happen.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 02:07:54 AM »

We are? That's news to me. It might be right, but I haven't heard any reasons why it will happen.

News to me too. :lol:
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 09:22:11 AM »

News to me too. :lol:

"Pretty much expecting" is a too strong of an expression. Hope should be a better way to take it.

Production wise it would be easier for producers to just repeat LA as start city once again. I sense a lot of fans are hoping (maybe expecing) a change for TAR20, after so many cycles starting in LA, maybe TAR20 will start in the East Coast.

Personally I speculate LA again if they keep with the West Coast start city, as someone pointed elsewhere, the staff there must already be used to it.
However, if a East Coast city is to happen, NYC seems to be a possible location for the start city, as would fit well, with NYC being the end city for TAR1.

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2011, 08:14:14 PM »
i will like to see nyc the final leg of the race and the first to new zeland  :colors

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 12:04:46 PM »
Regarding contestants, how about Jaime and Erik Huffman from Survivor China?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline alittlebird

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 12:30:04 PM »
Heavily recruited?  Really?  Hmm.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2011, 01:38:32 PM »
Maybe heavily recruited is the incorrect term, but most (some?) didn't get selected by auditioning at their local CBS affiliate in smalltown (Saugus) USA.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:44:07 PM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2011, 08:25:47 AM »

I am a purist...I would like in an ideal world to see our TAR contestants all come from a pool of people who know and love the show, not those who only get exposed to TAR in a sequester video marathon. I like best "regular" people who APPLY.

But after watching and loving teams like Amani and Marcus, and the SnowBoarders, "recruited" is not the dirty word it used to be to me...casting has had some major successes by going outside the normal applicant box.

And I have no idea how this cast will end up balancing out between applied vs recruited of course.

But I still consider multiple "blind" emails reaching out to (semi) celebrities and people on social media re "would you like to" and "looking for" to be heavily recruiting...so yes.

"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CHIN CHIN
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2011, 03:31:17 PM »
What about that spoilers saying that we would have a Husbands and Wives edition? It was false?
Oh my gravy , Jet and Cord are still the best!

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2011, 07:46:32 PM »
Superfans don't usually make for great tv, and in fact they are one of the biggest threats to keeping the show fresh and exciting. Superfans are less likely to make big moves like U-turning other teams because they don't want to upset the fans, they are able to anticipate everything that's about to happen so there are fewer genuinely surprised reactions to the different twists of the race, and they are predictably predictable. That's good for them as far as their odds of winning, but cautious and sensible superfans are more likely to talk about memorable moments by others on the race than make their own, and will probably be preoccupied with trying to make it onto the next all stars season.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2011, 01:59:01 AM »
Superfans don't usually make for great tv, and in fact they are one of the biggest threats to keeping the show fresh and exciting. Superfans are less likely to make big moves like U-turning other teams because they don't want to upset the fans, they are able to anticipate everything that's about to happen so there are fewer genuinely surprised reactions to the different twists of the race, and they are predictably predictable. That's good for them as far as their odds of winning, but cautious and sensible superfans are more likely to talk about memorable moments by others on the race than make their own, and will probably be preoccupied with trying to make it onto the next all stars season.

Hear ye, hear ye! :hoot:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • Get me out of China!
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2011, 04:36:44 AM »

Sounds like Dan and Jordan... who were always talking about all the strategic moves they won't make. :lol:
President of RFF's Resident Procrastinator Club

I'm rude only to rude people. :)

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm never going back! The past is in the past!
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2011, 07:45:53 AM »
What can we expect?

1. Another starting line task, as I can understand the need to make it more interesting than just have teams drive from the starting line to LAX.

2. Fewer first-time visits to countries, as season 19 had quite a few.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2011, 07:47:20 AM »
What can we expect?

1. Another starting line task, as I can understand the need to make it more interesting than just have teams drive from the starting line to LAX.

Well of the three countries we know for sure, only one is new.. But I agree, we probably won't see them visit as many as last season.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2011, 08:07:23 PM »
What can we expect?

Well of the three countries we know for sure, only one is new.. But I agree, we probably won't see them visit as many as last season.

I hope we have at least another two new countries..for a total of 3. Maybe one in Europe and another in Asia.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2011, 08:50:42 PM »
Hmmmm. Getting some new info that the recruited semi-celebrity-ish teams could maybe be for TAR 21?? :duno:

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2011, 09:34:15 PM »
Hmmmm. Getting some new info that the recruited semi-celebrity-ish teams could maybe be for TAR 21?? :duno:
:cmas18
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Theodorus

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • A million dollars? Drink with Jamy after the show?
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 04:29:29 AM »
I was expecting Switchback task in Argentina: meat-eating challenge  :wohoo: Is that possible?

I'm new here, anyway
TAR Greece: Soon. DTAR 2: Soon
#FF7F50

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • The Girl On Fire! ♥
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 04:34:51 AM »
I was expecting Switchback task in Argentina: meat-eating challenge  :wohoo: Is that possible?

I'm new here, anyway

Welcome, Theodorus!!! :welcome2: :bigwelcome :welcome: :hello2: :wel2

I would love to see that task as well - it is one of my personal favourites :hearts: - but I'm not sure whether or not they were in the correct part of Argentina to do it on this season. Maybe someone else can provide better info? :duno:
We don't beat from the same heart.

Offline Theodorus

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • A million dollars? Drink with Jamy after the show?
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 04:40:27 AM »
Thank you so much. I never had a greeting as merry as that :lol:

TAR Greece: Soon. DTAR 2: Soon
#FF7F50

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • The Girl On Fire! ♥
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 04:42:28 AM »
:lol: I don't often get the chance to be the first person to greet, so I thought I'd make the most of it! :lol:
We don't beat from the same heart.

Custom Search