Author Topic: TAR Aus 2 Media & News **may contain spoilers**  (Read 40370 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Aus 2 Media & News **may contain spoilers**
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 12:48:11 AM »
We have new 3 promos on the website for

James and Sarah- The Cougar
Paul and Shane- The Villains
Sue and Teresa- The Hippies

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 12:59:32 AM »
HOT FROM THE OVEN...

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 01:01:00 AM »

IT'S GETTING THERE MATE!!! OI..OI..OI...  :wohoo: :wohoo:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 01:05:54 AM »

>> THE COUGAR : THIS COUGAR AND HER "TOY BOY" ARE READY TO TAKE ON THE WORLD.

>> THE VILLAINS: THIS TEAM WON'T LET ANYTHING STAND IN THEIR WAY!

>> THE HIPPIES: WILL THE UNIVERSE BE ON THEIR SIDE ON THIS RACE AROUND THE WORLD?

I can't embed the video  :(

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2012, 01:39:37 AM »
If anyone can get the videos up would be awesome. Would love to see them!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2012, 05:14:36 AM »
OK, here's the bus stop photo I was talking about! Between my terrible photography skills, the dreadful camerca on my phone and the horrendous glare and reflection on the bus stop window, this is the best I could do! :( (I'll go past there on Friday night. Maybe the photo will come out better in the dark?)

It's basically the same photo that ZouLy posted earlier in the thread, and then at the top, if it's too hard to see, it says "AMAAAZINGLY Hair Raising". What's with the marketing people using the word AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING on all the ads!? :lol:

(I feel extremely weird taking photos of bus stops... :hides)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2012, 05:28:01 AM »

Lol,  :lol:   well same with me pulling over on side of the road and took picture of the billboard... at least we practice to sneak for spoiler photos if they ever come again..  :sab

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2012, 05:35:28 AM »

Lol,  :lol:   well same with me pulling over on side of the road and took picture of the billboard... at least we practice to sneak for spoiler photos if they ever come again..  :sab

The funny thing was that there were people standing about 1 metre to the side of that photo. I hope they didn't think I was trying to take photos of them! :lol3: :gnome

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2012, 08:47:08 AM »
Was in a different part of Sydney and I saw another bus stop with the cops' pictures in it, and it says:

"The AMAAAZING Chase!" :lol:

Where on earth are the ads of the NSW teams!?!?!? (:;)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2012, 12:48:11 AM »
Positive vibes for WA's Amazing Race hopefuls Teresa and Sue

by: Beth Rivers, TV Guide editor From: PerthNow May 16, 2012 11:20AM

WA's only hope of winning series two of The Amazing Race: Australia rests on two Geraldton hairdressers, whose coping strategies involve hugging trees and using their homemade aura spray to rid negativity.

Last night, Perth media personalities were privy to a sneak peek of episode one at Channel Seven’s Dianella studios and introduced to the WA team, Cut Loose Hair Design salon coordinator Sue, 40, and salon owner Teresa, 44.

“We’ve known each other almost 30 years,” Teresa said.

The ladies said they would bring spontaneity, a never-say-die attitude and lots of laughs to the race, while their weaknesses included solving puzzles – clearly noted in episode one – and over-analysing.

Promising a breakneck pace, The Amazing Race: Australia series two kicks off in Sydney, before teams jet off to the Philippines to stomach local delights and push themselves to the limits.

If this is only the start of what’s to come then no team should be underestimated, especially WA's tree-hugging mums.

“If we’re in trouble on the Race we’ll break out the spray for sure,” Teresa said.

We’ve even bottled it in travel-sized packs so we won’t get stopped by security at the airports.”

With the world watching, Australians aren’t exactly filmed in the most intelligent light during episode one, however, almost all of the 11 teams hold an endearing quality or possess high entertainment value that’s sure to leave viewers torn at the time of eliminations.

Sitting at the back of the studio, Sue and Teresa were dispensing their aura spray with every on-screen tension-filled moment, which was often.

Also laughing along to the adventures, dramas and strange relationships – especially the dating couple James and “cougar” Sarah – were reality TV veterans Sam Schoers and Anne-Marie Brown (from different teams) on the first Amazing Race Australia season and Andrew Paton and Angela Schlegel from the last series of My Kitchen Rules.

Teams to watch:

-cousins Adam and Dane, who believe their indigenous backgrounds will give them an advantage, although Adam admits Dane’s pretty boy obsession could get in the way.

-workmates and self-appointed 'alpha males' Paul and Steve. They’re competitive in all aspects of life, even against each other. WA’s Sue said: “Testosterone just walks in the room with them.”

-sisters Lucy and Emilia, mainly for their hilariously honest way of talking to each other.

-platinum-blonde, cheerleading, twins Michelle and Jo. They have more street smarts than meets the eye and it’s great fun to watch them get dirty in their hot pink outfits.

The Amazing Race: Australia returns to Channel Seven soon.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/perth-confidential/positive-vibes-for-was-amazing-race-hopefuls-teresa-and-sue/story-e6frg30l-1226357688715

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2012, 01:59:10 AM »

Lol, just realized that Coutzy snapped the same thing, the billboard, so I guess there are 4 Huge billboard in Melbourne, and we found 2 of them...   :yess:

Wonder where the other 2 are.. Team father and daughter,
Well they're placing them along major roads obviously, so I'd probably guess the Napean hwy, Bell st, Burwood hwy, Warrigal rd, etc.

Mine was on the Napean Highway, just near Martin Street. As far as I know, there are none on the Monash Freeway up to Burke Road. It's possible that there may be some in the Citylink section.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2012, 07:01:09 AM »
I just spotted the Tasmanian team ads on the back of the bus yesterday, and the Cops ads today,

the ads might be everywhere now, but were they useful if there's no premiere date stated on them?!?  :duno:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2012, 12:32:11 AM »
The AusTAR facebook page today posted a photo of the Rosewood Forests of Madagascar, and invited fans to guess where it is.

It might mean something, it might not.

FYI: https://www.facebook.com/theamazingraceaustralia is their page. The post is public.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2012, 02:18:54 AM »

Travelocity's sister company in Australia, Zuji Travel, is proudly sponsors The Amazing Race Australia Season 2, in 2012...

Zuji sponsors The Amazing Race

Online travel agency Zuji Australia is the official sponsor of The Amazing Race Australia, which will soon air in its second season on the Seven Network,

The announcement:

Online travel agency ZUJI Australia has been named official sponsor of Channel Seven’s TV show, The Amazing Race Australia.

James Gaskell, Managing Director of ZUJI Australia and APAC, says ZUJI is thrilled with the synergies between the show’s sense of adventure and travel diversity and their own brand platform ‘Travel Your Way’:

“As a tier one sponsor of The Amazing Race Australia, we want to show viewers that the travel experiences they see on the show are, in fact, far more accessible to them than they may think and we want all Australians to make the most of their travel aspirations,” says Gaskell.

Channel Seven’s Director of Production Brad Lyons says, “We’re stoked to be partnering with ZUJI Australia on The Amazing Race Australia this year.  It’s such a strong and natural fit for the show.”

The partnership marks ZUJI’s first major free-to-air TV sponsorship deal and reflects the company’s ongoing expansion to consumers nationally.

Media communications agency UM negotiated the sponsorship which, in addition to the on-air show alignment, includes online and magazines with competitions to build excitement and allow audiences to easily engage with ZUJI.

The hit show starts this month (May) on Seven.

This launch of the sponsorship also marks the one year anniversary of ZUJI Australia’s ‘Travel Your Way’ brand launch, which was inspired by the online travel agent’s reputation for offering an endless selection of flights and accommodation.

Source: Zuji press release. 
- http://mumbrella.com.au/zuji-sponsors-the-amazing-race-92256
- http://www.zuji.com.au/

--->> I wonder if Zuji Australia will have a Zuji Travel Gnome that the racers could carry anytime..  :lol:

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2012, 05:53:10 AM »
The AusTAR facebook page today posted a photo of the Rosewood Forests of Madagascar, and invited fans to guess where it is.

FYI: https://www.facebook.com/theamazingraceaustralia is their page. The post is public.

No , I heard the race will go to 4 continents (australia,asia, eruope and north america)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2012, 10:17:30 PM »

No , I heard the race will go to 4 continents (australia,asia, eruope and north america)

Source?

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2012, 10:40:12 PM »

Source?

The website
This year’s race will be longer, tougher and even more challenging as teams vie for the $250,000 prize. Teams will travel more than 65,000 kilometres across 4 continents. The route includes a mix of iconic sites and some very surprising destinations never before seen on any version of the Race.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-australia/about-the-show/article/-/9169977/the-amazing-race-australia-season-2/

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2012, 10:43:27 PM »

Source?

The website
This year’s race will be longer, tougher and even more challenging as teams vie for the $250,000 prize. Teams will travel more than 65,000 kilometres across 4 continents. The route includes a mix of iconic sites and some very surprising destinations never before seen on any version of the Race.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-australia/about-the-show/article/-/9169977/the-amazing-race-australia-season-2/

Their website doesn't say anything about which continents, though. Or if they count Australia in that tally (Does the US edition tend to count North America in their press releases as a continent?)

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2012, 05:21:58 AM »

Source?

The website

Their website doesn't say anything about which continents, though. Or if they count Australia in that tally (Does the US edition tend to count North America in their press releases as a continent?)

Last season it was 4 , so they count Australia

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2012, 05:07:08 PM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/we-fight-a-lot-and-we-laugh-a-lot/story-fn6bfkm6-1226361056352

"We fight a lot and we laugh a lot" - Herald Sun

REALITY TV couple Sarah and James say a nine-year age gap and constant fights keeps their relationship exciting.

SARAH ROZA, 33

"I married young. I met my husband at 16 but, by 2007, I realised we were different people to who we'd been then and we split up. I threw myself into work; I'm a beauty therapist with two of my own salons and, after work, I'd often take my laptop to a nearby bar where James worked. I started noticing he was cute.

One night in late 2008, we started chatting. He was putting together a new cocktail menu and got me to try his creations - I was soon drunk. After that, I'd always chat to him when I went in. He used to listen to me talking; he was paid to, so he didn't have a choice!

It never occurred to me that we'd be anything other than friends. He was easy to talk to and I liked that he told it to me straight, whereas a lot of guys told me what they thought I wanted to hear. After being with the same person for so long, I wanted to go out and have fun. And James was often the person I'd go out with.

But we were just friends for a long time. He was wary of me having split up with my husband and didn't want to be the rebound guy. And I was still adjusting to being single.

Even when we did finally get together, in January 2011, it was in dribs and drabs. It was very intense, then we'd back off. We categorised ourselves as 'friends with benefits' for a while. We see ourselves as boyfriend and girlfriend now, but it's not as if we sat down and said, "OK, from now on, we're in a proper relationship." It just evolved.

I was up-front about how old I am, but it's never been an issue. Because I'm in the beauty business, I always make an effort with my appearance and I act younger than I am, and James seems older than he is, so we meet in the middle. A lot of people see it as a 'cougar and toy boy' type of thing, but let them think what they want; we just enjoy each other's company.

That said, our relationship has always been volatile. We both think we're right all the time. Once I've decided something is happening, it's my way or the highway and nothing will change my mind, which James finds difficult.

We're always fighting - there isn't one day that goes past when we don't - but I don't see it as a bad thing. I'd rather James spits out what's troubling him as opposed to holding it in. When I was married, I'd keep my mouth shut, but now I don't care about ruffling feathers. If James annoys me, I'll tell him. And vice versa. We fight a lot, but we laugh a lot, too. No one can make me laugh like James can. We've split up a few times, but it never lasts for long. We're like magnets - we can't leave each other alone.

Going on The Amazing Race Australia was difficult because you have to be no more than six metres apart for the duration of the race and we drove each other nuts. There were times when we wanted to kill each other, but five minutes later, we were laughing. It brought us closer together; if we can survive that, we can survive anything.

Will we get married? Never say never, but I'm happy with things the way they are. If he drives me crazy, I can take off. But I always come back because I value his opinion. He keeps me on my toes - that's our secret. The downfall of many relationships is becoming too comfy. Our relationship may not be everyone's style, but it works for us."

JAMES KINGSBURY, 24

"Our relationship is like deep-sea diving - you see lots of beautiful fish and you enjoy it but, every now and then, you need a breath of fresh air. We can't stand each other's company for more than a few hours. She talks all the time. I tune out; I've developed selective hearing.

Our relationship takes a lot of energy on both our parts, but no matter how many flaws I see in Sarah, I still genuinely enjoy spending time with her. Sure, sometimes she'll go a bit psycho and I'll need some space, but if you can find someone you still want to hang around with even though they drive you nuts, then you have to be doing something right."

>> Series two of The Amazing Race Australia starts May 30, at 9pm, on the Seven Network.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2012, 05:39:25 PM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/we-fight-a-lot-and-we-laugh-a-lot/story-fn6bfkm6-1226361056352

"We fight a lot and we laugh a lot" - Herald Sun

REALITY TV couple Sarah and James say a nine-year age gap and constant fights keeps their relationship exciting.

SARAH AND JAMES SAY THEIR DAILY FIGHTS KEEP THEM ON THEIR TOES. PICTURE: JULIAN KINGMA SUNDAY MAGAZINE

>> Series two of The Amazing Race Australia starts May 30, at 9pm, on the Seven Network.

adding picture in case some of you cannot access the site, some might have to subscribe to this newspaper first..

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2012, 05:38:59 AM »
We take a sneak peek at the new teams on The Amazing Race Australia and fill you in on who you'll love and hate — and who'll cause the most drama!

Joseph, 22, Grace, 21, NSW (Far left, purple shirts)
Our verdict: Grace might seem sweet as pie, but don't be fooled — she's capable of causing havoc. Her game-playing will ruffle a lot of feathers, with one contestant referring to her as "dis-Grace". Her poor brother, Joseph, is chained to her for the bumpy ride!

Sticky 24, Sam, 23, Tas (far left, front row, flannel shirts)
Our verdict: We'll dub these flatmates and lifelong friends the "loveable larrikins". They're competitive, but like to have fun, too. Sticky was born without a left forearm, but it doesn't slow him down — in fact he jumps behind the wheel in the first leg to get things moving!

Michelle, 26, Jo, 26, NSW (Far left, blonde girls in pink shirts)
Our verdict: Yes, they're blonde twins. Yes, they're cheerleaders. No, they're not bimbos — they actually have brains and they're fierce competitors. You'll feel queasy as you watch a food challenge, which threatens to end the Race for them.

Paul, 27, Steve, 29, Vic (Black singlets, front row)
Our verdict: Let's be honest: you're not going to love them at first. Paul is quite happy to tell anyone why he's strong and great — oh, and strong! Luckily, workmate and buddy Steve helps balance out Paul's aggressive nature. But can they be this full-on all the time?

Shane, 43, Andrew, 35, Vic (Behind Paul and Steve, matching shirts)
Our verdict: They will remind viewers of the cowboys from the show's first season, but these workmates will be using their skills as police detectives to hunt down who they suspect will be the best person to have as an ally. Smiling assassins, perhaps?

Kym, 46, Donna, 42, Qld (Front row, red shirts, next to host Grant Bowler)
Our verdict: Two words: odd couple. You'll be scratching your head thinking it's a mismatch and that they won't make it far, but these two will soon have you in stitches as they give all the teams their own name. Can you guess who they've labelled "boofheads"?

Ross, 55, Tarryn 25, Vic (Next to Kym and Donna, far right in front row)
Our verdict: This father and daughter combo could be the dark horses of the competition. They have just enough of a competitive edge to play the game, but won't get in your face and start a screaming match. A kind gesture towards another team will win viewers over.

James, 23, Sarah 32, Vic (Behind Grant Bowler, to the right)
Our verdict: If you thought the clip of US contestant Claire Champlin being hit with a watermelon was funny, Sarah has her own cringe-worthy moment that'll be replayed on YouTube after the first episode airs. Let's just say the cameras see more of Sarah than planned!

Lucy, 36, Emilia 30, NSW (Next in line, grey shirts)
Our verdict: These Italian sisters will no doubt be the people's choice. They both just ooze warmth and love, and will have the whole nation on their side from the minute the Race begins. We're just hoping nobody takes advantage of their sweet nature.

Adam, 30 Dane, 29, NSW and Qld (Next in line, wearing tight tees)
Our verdict: These cousins love to stir the pot and will definitely bring the laughs, especially when it comes to Adam picking on Dane about how many times he whips his hair back and forth! "We're as close as brothers," Dane smiles.

Sue, 40, Teresa, 43, WA (Far right, in the back row)
Our verdict: With the pressure on and the clock running, these hairdressing workmates won't let stress get to them. So how do they keep stay chilled? They simply spray each other with a calming mist — yep, in the middle of a challenge! Golden TV moment.

The Amazing Race Australia: Season premiere, coming soon, Channel Seven.

http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=1011147&showcomments=true

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2012, 05:46:06 AM »
We take a sneak peek at the new teams on The Amazing Race Australia and fill you in on who you'll love and hate — and who'll cause the most drama!

Joseph, 22, Grace, 21, NSW (Far left, purple shirts)
Our verdict: Grace might seem sweet as pie, but don't be fooled — she's capable of causing havoc. Her game-playing will ruffle a lot of feathers, with one contestant referring to her as "dis-Grace". Her poor brother, Joseph, is chained to her for the bumpy ride!

Sticky 24, Sam, 23, Tas (far left, front row, flannel shirts)
Our verdict: We'll dub these flatmates and lifelong friends the "loveable larrikins". They're competitive, but like to have fun, too. Sticky was born without a left forearm, but it doesn't slow him down — in fact he jumps behind the wheel in the first leg to get things moving!

Michelle, 26, Jo, 26, NSW (Far left, blonde girls in pink shirts)
Our verdict: Yes, they're blonde twins. Yes, they're cheerleaders. No, they're not bimbos — they actually have brains and they're fierce competitors. You'll feel queasy as you watch a food challenge, which threatens to end the Race for them.

Paul, 27, Steve, 29, Vic (Black singlets, front row)
Our verdict: Let's be honest: you're not going to love them at first. Paul is quite happy to tell anyone why he's strong and great — oh, and strong! Luckily, workmate and buddy Steve helps balance out Paul's aggressive nature. But can they be this full-on all the time?

Shane, 43, Andrew, 35, Vic (Behind Paul and Steve, matching shirts)
Our verdict: They will remind viewers of the cowboys from the show's first season, but these workmates will be using their skills as police detectives to hunt down who they suspect will be the best person to have as an ally. Smiling assassins, perhaps?

Kym, 46, Donna, 42, Qld (Front row, red shirts, next to host Grant Bowler)
Our verdict: Two words: odd couple. You'll be scratching your head thinking it's a mismatch and that they won't make it far, but these two will soon have you in stitches as they give all the teams their own name. Can you guess who they've labelled "boofheads"?

Ross, 55, Tarryn 25, Vic (Next to Kym and Donna, far right in front row)
Our verdict: This father and daughter combo could be the dark horses of the competition. They have just enough of a competitive edge to play the game, but won't get in your face and start a screaming match. A kind gesture towards another team will win viewers over.

James, 23, Sarah 32, Vic (Behind Grant Bowler, to the right)
Our verdict: If you thought the clip of US contestant Claire Champlin being hit with a watermelon was funny, Sarah has her own cringe-worthy moment that'll be replayed on YouTube after the first episode airs. Let's just say the cameras see more of Sarah than planned!

Lucy, 36, Emilia 30, NSW (Next in line, grey shirts)
Our verdict: These Italian sisters will no doubt be the people's choice. They both just ooze warmth and love, and will have the whole nation on their side from the minute the Race begins. We're just hoping nobody takes advantage of their sweet nature.

Adam, 30 Dane, 29, NSW and Qld (Next in line, wearing tight tees)
Our verdict: These cousins love to stir the pot and will definitely bring the laughs, especially when it comes to Adam picking on Dane about how many times he whips his hair back and forth! "We're as close as brothers," Dane smiles.

Sue, 40, Teresa, 43, WA (Far right, in the back row)
Our verdict: With the pressure on and the clock running, these hairdressing workmates won't let stress get to them. So how do they keep stay chilled? They simply spray each other with a calming mist — yep, in the middle of a challenge! Golden TV moment.

The Amazing Race Australia: Season premiere, coming soon, Channel Seven.

http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=1011147&showcomments=true

dis-Grace LOL  :lol3:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2012, 06:04:05 AM »

dis-Grace LOL  :lol3:

Maybe I should change my prediction.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:16:14 AM by redskevin88 »

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2012, 02:23:13 AM »
We have more cast interviews on the website. Bottom of the homepage.