Author Topic: TAR Aus 2 Media & News **may contain spoilers**  (Read 40372 times)

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
TAR Aus 2 Media & News **may contain spoilers**
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:19:12 PM »
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/11/amazing-race-australia-now-filming.html

Amazing Race Australia now filming
By David Knox on November 19, 2011

Spoiler: Filming is now underway on the next season of The Amazing Race Australia.
By the look of this photo contestants were at Sydney Airport checking into a counter for Philippine Airlines for a 12:10pm flight to Manila.
The Seven show is expected to be filming for the next few weeks.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR Aus 2 Media & News **may contain spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/11/amazing-race-australia-now-filming.html

Amazing Race Australia now filming
By David Knox on November 19, 2011

Spoiler: Filming is now underway on the next season of The Amazing Race Australia.
By the look of this photo contestants were at Sydney Airport checking into a counter for Philippine Airlines for a 12:10pm flight to Manila.
The Seven show is expected to be filming for the next few weeks.
Last time this brought about a couple of spoilers from the forum comments. Keep an eye out just in case.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:41:29 AM »
I think we've just got a new crew in the house...  :)

[PROFILE DELETED]

ETA :

I assumed that they barely start doing the editing process...maybe just get back from holiday and rest from filming...

anyway, just curious, how long does it take from the editing to become a 'finish-product', 3-4 months??
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:49:47 PM by ZouLy »
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »
Grant Bowler Signs On for Lead in Syfy’s “Defiance”

GRANT BOWLER SIGNS ON FOR LEAD IN SYFY’S UPCOMING EPIC SCIENCE FICTION SERIES, DEFIANCE
Bowler to Play Jeb Nolan in Groundbreaking Series Set to Unite Television and Online Gaming for the Very First Time

New York – January 17, 2012 – Syfy has inked actor Grant Bowler to star in Defiance, a groundbreaking science fiction series that will unite television and massive multiplayer online (MMO) gaming for the very first time. The visionary enterprise is in collaboration with Trion Worlds, with the Syfy series and Trion’s multi-platform shooter MMO poised to debut simultaneously.

The announcement was made today by Mark Stern, President of Original Content, Syfy and Co-Head of Original Content for Universal Cable Productions, which is the studio for the project. “Grant’s charismatic charm and his depth as an actor make him the perfect anchor as we build the ensemble for this sweeping adventure series,” said Stern. “We’re very excited to have him join us on this incredible journey.”

The New Zealand born Bowler is well known for the recurring role on Ugly Betty (2008) as Wilhelmina Slater’s love interest, Connor Owens, and for the role of Cooter, the leader of the werewolf biker gang in the HBO series True Blood (2010) and Captain Gault in ABC’s Lost (2008). Bowler’s other notable roles include movies such as Atlas Shrugged (2011) and Killer Elite (2011). He will next be seen in indie movie, City of Gardens (2012). Bowler is represented by Don Buchwald & Associates / Fortitude in USA and Sue Barnett & Associates in Australia and managed by Untitled Entertainment.

Penned and executive produced by legendary sci-fi TV writer Rockne S. O’Bannon, (Warehouse 13, Alien Nation, seaQuest DSV and Farscape), Defiance will be directed by Scott Stewart (Legion, Priest). It is slated to commence production April 2012 in Toronto.

Set in the near future, Defiance introduces a world where humans and aliens must learn to live together on an exotic new Earth that has been transformed by alien terra-forming machines.

Bowler plays Jeb Nolan, the law keeper in a bustling frontier boomtown that is one of the new world’s few oasis of civility and inclusion. Nolan is a former Marine who fought in the alien conflict and suffered the loss of his wife and child in the war. The trauma transformed him into a lone wanderer in the wilds of this new and dangerous world, bringing him to the town where his peacekeeping skills make him a valuable addition this new community.

The dramatic tapestry of the series and the intense action of the game will exist in a single universe, evolving together over time to tell an overall story that is more powerful together.

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/01/grant-bowler-signs-on-for-lead-in-syfys-defiance/
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 01:12:06 AM »
http://www.throng.com.au/masterchef/throng-2012-guide-tv-show-premiere-and-returning-dates

The above website predicts that TARAus 2 will premiere on Monday April 16 at 8.30pm and that TAR20 will air in Australia "Within 1-2 weeks of when it airs in the US - possibly on 7mate again".

This is totally unconfirmed but just throwing it out there! :)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 06:27:42 AM »
I don't think that sounds right , personality I think 7 should air
Tar 20 On Thursday 3-4 days after the states then continue weigh tar au 2 once tar 20 is done .

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 06:07:37 PM »
http://www.tvnz2012.co.nz/detail.php?id=181

Special thanks to a friend who found this!!

Can it be true? 12 Teams, only 11 make it past the starting line!!!

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »

Holy Crap!!!   :o  has this been verified? I read the link but have not seen anything anywhere else.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 06:51:30 PM »

This happened is US Amazing Race 15, so it could certainly happened in ARAus 2.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 06:54:14 PM »
Start Line Grantlimination!   :lol: :lol:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 07:32:47 PM »
oh wow, if it's true, that would be an early twist for aus version...   :o

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 07:41:19 PM »
thats nice that they want to tell us about a starting line elimination.

BUT CANT THEY TELL US THE FRICKEN TEAMS!?!?!?! :gaah:

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 07:57:10 PM »
Wow, this may be their idea of stepping it up from the first season to get more ratings. Not sure if it'll work but hopefully it does and is a sign of a more dramatic season than the first. They need bigger personalities if you ask me (that still are 'Aussie' enough not to piss the majority of viewers and force them to turn their tellies off).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 10:17:49 PM »
GRRRRR>.....

I HATED this with the firey passion of a thousand suns when they did it to Eric and Lisa. WORST idea ever...just plain cruel!!

VERY sorry to see this stupidity continued on.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 10:49:45 PM »
WOW! by the way, It's really release teams?

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 10:54:04 PM »
gosh darn it, I thought this was just an overly cruel twist in season 15 and completely unnecessary. To me, it's gimmicky, like the hazard from season 19 and maybe the switchback from season 15.

Starting Line Elimination rage! :flipper (:;) :gaah: :groan:
Bring on the 21!

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 11:28:11 PM »
I dont mind the Starting Line Elimination .
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:36:45 AM by theamazingracer21 »

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 01:18:29 AM »
Today one of my teachers had a PUMP water bottle and on the label it had the season 2 TAR AU promotion on it.
' Win flights around the world plus 5 grand cash'

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 02:59:27 AM »
The line about the starting line elimination has since been deleted, and searching the site for TAR US shows that they're only up to TAR 16. It's plausible that a webmonkey copy-pasted from their TAR15 blurb and forgot to delete it when changing the host's name and player's nationality.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 08:56:49 AM »
OMG OMG ATTENTION THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH JUST RELEASED AN ARTICLE CONFIRMING JO AND MICHELLE TROY (TWIN SISTERS) PARTICIPATING ON TARAUS2 SOMEONE GET IT UP QUICKKKK IM ON MY MOBILE :(

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 09:02:55 AM »
ATTENTION I THINK THRY HAVE RELEASE THE CAST!!! NEWS ARTICLES ARE BEING RELEASED RIGHT NOW ABOUT THE TEAMS
THERE IS ONE ABOUT THE TWINS SISTERS
AND ONE ABOUT A TEAM OF COUSINS
CAN SOMEONE POST THESE I CANT :(
IN THE ARTICLE THERE IS INFO ABOUT AN ENGAGED TEAM FROM QUEENSLAND

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 09:24:05 AM »
Teams are being announced through the media!

Amazing Troy twins add sexy new reality to The Amazing Race Australia
THE reality TV race is testing the endurance levels of some viewers (and TV critics).

Now Channel 7 is bringing out its secret weapons in the shape of sexy and super fit cheerleading twins from Sydney.

Meet Michelle and Jo Troy, sisters who take on the world in the second series of The Amazing Race Australia, expected to return to Seven next month.

The 26-year-olds have experience entertaining crowds as part of the Flames cheerleading squad for the St George Illawarra Dragons.

The twins said their TV challenge had been daunting.

"It's about endurance," Jo, the 2011 Cheer Girl Of The Year, said.

Seven has also begun promoting its blockbuster UK drama, Downton Abbey and this week confirmed a visit by actors Emily Vancamp and Josh Bowman, stars of its US hit, Revenge.

Channel 10's response to Nine's juggernaut The Voice will lean on the beautiful people of The Shire and the reality phenomenon, MasterChef Australia.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-nsw/amazing-troy-twins-add-sexy-new-reality-to-the-amazing-race-australia/story-e6freuzi-1226333790669

COUSINS Adam and Dane are focused on the prize for the new season of The Amazing Race Australia ... well, almost.

"Dane's a hopeless navigator. He's always too busy checking himself out in the rear-vision mirror. Mr Vain!" said merchant seaman and father-of-two Adam about his 29-year-old cousin whom he grew up with in Tweed Heads.

"Vain Dane", who now works in Brisbane as a cardiac scientist, said his goal on the series which sends teams on a mad dash around the world would be to prove he can go at least 24 hours without looking at his reflection.

"We're very competitive, down to our bones," Dane said. "We both realise our strength is we're young and fit. If it comes down to the crunch and we have to do something to push ourselves through, we will race hard to win."

The indigenous duo will be up against 11 other teams of two, including the only other contestants from Queensland, newly engaged couple Kym, 46, and Donna, 42.

The Brisbane pair, with their rockabilly style and passion for jive dancing, describe themselves as "a couple of old knuckleheads in love".

It was that spirit that helped them through last year's devastating Brisbane floods.

"We both lost our jobs," Donna said. "I couldn't find anywhere to live. I had no job which has never happened to me before. We were in a mess."

Adam and Dane have also had a hard time in the past, losing a best friend in the Bali terrorist bombings. It made them appreciate the importance of friends and family. "We're as close as brothers and we want to live every day like it's our last," Dane said.

The new season of The Amazing Race Australia returns soon to Seven.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/tv/hard-times-to-help-racers-push-for-win/story-e6freqj6-1226333817758

Kim & Donna:

I will kill 7 if they put this up against the voice.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:35:33 AM by howie_2010 »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »
Ugghh... but the official website still in old school format...  :stare  :gaah:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 06:39:30 PM »
Spotted this on my way to work, and am currently avoiding work to share it. (TAR is a full time job, after all)

The billboard has our law enforcement friends, with the tag line "The Amazing Chase. Gooooooo Melbourne!"

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 07:06:28 PM »
Cool bilboard. Nice find.

Lets try to work out when and in what timeslot it will air.

It wont be Monday or Tusday when the The Voice (The Voice is scoring over 2.5 million an episode, which is AMAZING in Australian ratings. So puting it up agianst it will be ratings suicide).

It wont be Friday (AFL on 7 in Melb, Ade and Per markekts) and probabily wont be Satarday or Sundays(I dont think it suits it  in Australia).

At Wednesday 8:30 7 is airing Revenge when its normal timeslot in Monday 8:30.
Which I think means 7 wants to warm up this timeslot for The Amazing Race Australia. 

Tell me what you think.