Author Topic: TAR Aus 2 Media & News **may contain spoilers**  (Read 40540 times)

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
TAR Aus 2 Media & News **may contain spoilers**
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:19:12 PM »
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/11/amazing-race-australia-now-filming.html

Amazing Race Australia now filming
By David Knox on November 19, 2011

Spoiler: Filming is now underway on the next season of The Amazing Race Australia.
By the look of this photo contestants were at Sydney Airport checking into a counter for Philippine Airlines for a 12:10pm flight to Manila.
The Seven show is expected to be filming for the next few weeks.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR Aus 2 Media & News **may contain spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/11/amazing-race-australia-now-filming.html

Amazing Race Australia now filming
By David Knox on November 19, 2011

Spoiler: Filming is now underway on the next season of The Amazing Race Australia.
By the look of this photo contestants were at Sydney Airport checking into a counter for Philippine Airlines for a 12:10pm flight to Manila.
The Seven show is expected to be filming for the next few weeks.
Last time this brought about a couple of spoilers from the forum comments. Keep an eye out just in case.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:41:29 AM »
I think we've just got a new crew in the house...  :)

[PROFILE DELETED]

ETA :

I assumed that they barely start doing the editing process...maybe just get back from holiday and rest from filming...

anyway, just curious, how long does it take from the editing to become a 'finish-product', 3-4 months??
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:49:47 PM by ZouLy »
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »
Grant Bowler Signs On for Lead in Syfy’s “Defiance”

GRANT BOWLER SIGNS ON FOR LEAD IN SYFY’S UPCOMING EPIC SCIENCE FICTION SERIES, DEFIANCE
Bowler to Play Jeb Nolan in Groundbreaking Series Set to Unite Television and Online Gaming for the Very First Time

New York – January 17, 2012 – Syfy has inked actor Grant Bowler to star in Defiance, a groundbreaking science fiction series that will unite television and massive multiplayer online (MMO) gaming for the very first time. The visionary enterprise is in collaboration with Trion Worlds, with the Syfy series and Trion’s multi-platform shooter MMO poised to debut simultaneously.

The announcement was made today by Mark Stern, President of Original Content, Syfy and Co-Head of Original Content for Universal Cable Productions, which is the studio for the project. “Grant’s charismatic charm and his depth as an actor make him the perfect anchor as we build the ensemble for this sweeping adventure series,” said Stern. “We’re very excited to have him join us on this incredible journey.”

The New Zealand born Bowler is well known for the recurring role on Ugly Betty (2008) as Wilhelmina Slater’s love interest, Connor Owens, and for the role of Cooter, the leader of the werewolf biker gang in the HBO series True Blood (2010) and Captain Gault in ABC’s Lost (2008). Bowler’s other notable roles include movies such as Atlas Shrugged (2011) and Killer Elite (2011). He will next be seen in indie movie, City of Gardens (2012). Bowler is represented by Don Buchwald & Associates / Fortitude in USA and Sue Barnett & Associates in Australia and managed by Untitled Entertainment.

Penned and executive produced by legendary sci-fi TV writer Rockne S. O’Bannon, (Warehouse 13, Alien Nation, seaQuest DSV and Farscape), Defiance will be directed by Scott Stewart (Legion, Priest). It is slated to commence production April 2012 in Toronto.

Set in the near future, Defiance introduces a world where humans and aliens must learn to live together on an exotic new Earth that has been transformed by alien terra-forming machines.

Bowler plays Jeb Nolan, the law keeper in a bustling frontier boomtown that is one of the new world’s few oasis of civility and inclusion. Nolan is a former Marine who fought in the alien conflict and suffered the loss of his wife and child in the war. The trauma transformed him into a lone wanderer in the wilds of this new and dangerous world, bringing him to the town where his peacekeeping skills make him a valuable addition this new community.

The dramatic tapestry of the series and the intense action of the game will exist in a single universe, evolving together over time to tell an overall story that is more powerful together.

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/01/grant-bowler-signs-on-for-lead-in-syfys-defiance/
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 01:12:06 AM »
http://www.throng.com.au/masterchef/throng-2012-guide-tv-show-premiere-and-returning-dates

The above website predicts that TARAus 2 will premiere on Monday April 16 at 8.30pm and that TAR20 will air in Australia "Within 1-2 weeks of when it airs in the US - possibly on 7mate again".

This is totally unconfirmed but just throwing it out there! :)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 06:27:42 AM »
I don't think that sounds right , personality I think 7 should air
Tar 20 On Thursday 3-4 days after the states then continue weigh tar au 2 once tar 20 is done .

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 06:07:37 PM »
http://www.tvnz2012.co.nz/detail.php?id=181

Special thanks to a friend who found this!!

Can it be true? 12 Teams, only 11 make it past the starting line!!!

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »

Holy Crap!!!   :o  has this been verified? I read the link but have not seen anything anywhere else.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 06:51:30 PM »

This happened is US Amazing Race 15, so it could certainly happened in ARAus 2.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 06:54:14 PM »
Start Line Grantlimination!   :lol: :lol:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 07:32:47 PM »
oh wow, if it's true, that would be an early twist for aus version...   :o

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 07:41:19 PM »
thats nice that they want to tell us about a starting line elimination.

BUT CANT THEY TELL US THE FRICKEN TEAMS!?!?!?! :gaah:

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 07:57:10 PM »
Wow, this may be their idea of stepping it up from the first season to get more ratings. Not sure if it'll work but hopefully it does and is a sign of a more dramatic season than the first. They need bigger personalities if you ask me (that still are 'Aussie' enough not to piss the majority of viewers and force them to turn their tellies off).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 10:17:49 PM »
GRRRRR>.....

I HATED this with the firey passion of a thousand suns when they did it to Eric and Lisa. WORST idea ever...just plain cruel!!

VERY sorry to see this stupidity continued on.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 10:49:45 PM »
WOW! by the way, It's really release teams?

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 10:54:04 PM »
gosh darn it, I thought this was just an overly cruel twist in season 15 and completely unnecessary. To me, it's gimmicky, like the hazard from season 19 and maybe the switchback from season 15.

Starting Line Elimination rage! :flipper (:;) :gaah: :groan:
Bring on the 21!

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 11:28:11 PM »
I dont mind the Starting Line Elimination .
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:36:45 AM by theamazingracer21 »

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 01:18:29 AM »
Today one of my teachers had a PUMP water bottle and on the label it had the season 2 TAR AU promotion on it.
' Win flights around the world plus 5 grand cash'

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 02:59:27 AM »
The line about the starting line elimination has since been deleted, and searching the site for TAR US shows that they're only up to TAR 16. It's plausible that a webmonkey copy-pasted from their TAR15 blurb and forgot to delete it when changing the host's name and player's nationality.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 08:56:49 AM »
OMG OMG ATTENTION THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH JUST RELEASED AN ARTICLE CONFIRMING JO AND MICHELLE TROY (TWIN SISTERS) PARTICIPATING ON TARAUS2 SOMEONE GET IT UP QUICKKKK IM ON MY MOBILE :(

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 09:02:55 AM »
ATTENTION I THINK THRY HAVE RELEASE THE CAST!!! NEWS ARTICLES ARE BEING RELEASED RIGHT NOW ABOUT THE TEAMS
THERE IS ONE ABOUT THE TWINS SISTERS
AND ONE ABOUT A TEAM OF COUSINS
CAN SOMEONE POST THESE I CANT :(
IN THE ARTICLE THERE IS INFO ABOUT AN ENGAGED TEAM FROM QUEENSLAND

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 09:24:05 AM »
Teams are being announced through the media!

Amazing Troy twins add sexy new reality to The Amazing Race Australia
THE reality TV race is testing the endurance levels of some viewers (and TV critics).

Now Channel 7 is bringing out its secret weapons in the shape of sexy and super fit cheerleading twins from Sydney.

Meet Michelle and Jo Troy, sisters who take on the world in the second series of The Amazing Race Australia, expected to return to Seven next month.

The 26-year-olds have experience entertaining crowds as part of the Flames cheerleading squad for the St George Illawarra Dragons.

The twins said their TV challenge had been daunting.

"It's about endurance," Jo, the 2011 Cheer Girl Of The Year, said.

Seven has also begun promoting its blockbuster UK drama, Downton Abbey and this week confirmed a visit by actors Emily Vancamp and Josh Bowman, stars of its US hit, Revenge.

Channel 10's response to Nine's juggernaut The Voice will lean on the beautiful people of The Shire and the reality phenomenon, MasterChef Australia.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-nsw/amazing-troy-twins-add-sexy-new-reality-to-the-amazing-race-australia/story-e6freuzi-1226333790669

COUSINS Adam and Dane are focused on the prize for the new season of The Amazing Race Australia ... well, almost.

"Dane's a hopeless navigator. He's always too busy checking himself out in the rear-vision mirror. Mr Vain!" said merchant seaman and father-of-two Adam about his 29-year-old cousin whom he grew up with in Tweed Heads.

"Vain Dane", who now works in Brisbane as a cardiac scientist, said his goal on the series which sends teams on a mad dash around the world would be to prove he can go at least 24 hours without looking at his reflection.

"We're very competitive, down to our bones," Dane said. "We both realise our strength is we're young and fit. If it comes down to the crunch and we have to do something to push ourselves through, we will race hard to win."

The indigenous duo will be up against 11 other teams of two, including the only other contestants from Queensland, newly engaged couple Kym, 46, and Donna, 42.

The Brisbane pair, with their rockabilly style and passion for jive dancing, describe themselves as "a couple of old knuckleheads in love".

It was that spirit that helped them through last year's devastating Brisbane floods.

"We both lost our jobs," Donna said. "I couldn't find anywhere to live. I had no job which has never happened to me before. We were in a mess."

Adam and Dane have also had a hard time in the past, losing a best friend in the Bali terrorist bombings. It made them appreciate the importance of friends and family. "We're as close as brothers and we want to live every day like it's our last," Dane said.

The new season of The Amazing Race Australia returns soon to Seven.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/tv/hard-times-to-help-racers-push-for-win/story-e6freqj6-1226333817758

Kim & Donna:

I will kill 7 if they put this up against the voice.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:35:33 AM by howie_2010 »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »
Ugghh... but the official website still in old school format...  :stare  :gaah:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 06:39:30 PM »
Spotted this on my way to work, and am currently avoiding work to share it. (TAR is a full time job, after all)

The billboard has our law enforcement friends, with the tag line "The Amazing Chase. Gooooooo Melbourne!"

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 07:06:28 PM »
Cool bilboard. Nice find.

Lets try to work out when and in what timeslot it will air.

It wont be Monday or Tusday when the The Voice (The Voice is scoring over 2.5 million an episode, which is AMAZING in Australian ratings. So puting it up agianst it will be ratings suicide).

It wont be Friday (AFL on 7 in Melb, Ade and Per markekts) and probabily wont be Satarday or Sundays(I dont think it suits it  in Australia).

At Wednesday 8:30 7 is airing Revenge when its normal timeslot in Monday 8:30.
Which I think means 7 wants to warm up this timeslot for The Amazing Race Australia. 

Tell me what you think.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »

It wont be Monday or Tusday when the The Voice (The Voice is scoring over 2.5 million an episode, which is AMAZING in Australian ratings. So puting it up agianst it will be ratings suicide).

It wont be Friday (AFL on 7 in Melb, Ade and Per markekts) and probabily wont be Satarday or Sundays(I dont think it suits it  in Australia).

Which I think means 7 wants to warm up this timeslot for The Amazing Race Australia. 

Tell me what you think.

They've always gone with Thursday for TAR US, is it possible that they'll start running double headers? The American series would make an excellent lead in for AusTAR.

We currently have Border Security at 7:30 on Thursdays, so even a Grant Bowler double is possible.

Having said that, I think Wednesday night seems most likely. Once Australia's Got Talent finishes I think 7 will put a throwaway show in those slots and concede that block to The Voice. On the Wednesday night the major competition would come from Celebrity Apprentice AU and Biggest Loser: Singles (AU), both of which are kind of just middling. AusTAR could blow them well out.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 07:33:49 PM by Coutzy »

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »

Tell me what you think.

They've always gone with Thursday for TAR US, is it possible that they'll start running double headers? The American series would make an excellent lead in for AusTAR.

We currently have Border Security at 7:30 on Thursdays, so even a Grant Bowler double is possible.

Having said that, I think Wednesday night seems most likely. Once Australia's Got Talent finishes I think 7 will put a throwaway show in those slots and concede that block to The Voice. On the Wednesday night the major competition would come from Celebrity Apprentice AU and Biggest Loser: Singles (AU), both of which are kind of just middling. AusTAR could blow them well out.

I've said this all along but I definitely think that the race will premiere at 8:30PM on a Wednesday.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 10:46:25 AM »
I think that if TARAus does indeed go on Wednesdays, 7:30pm would be my guess at the timeslot, not 8:30pm, because this Australia's Got Talent show is currently on 3 nights a week, and in previous years it was only on 1 night a week, so I can foresee that timeslot opening up in the very near future, if the show were to revert to a 1 or 2 days per week format. :duno: Just my 2 cents worth. ;)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »
I think that if TARAus does indeed go on Wednesdays, 7:30pm would be my guess at the timeslot, not 8:30pm, because this Australia's Got Talent show is currently on 3 nights a week, and in previous years it was only on 1 night a week, so I can foresee that timeslot opening up in the very near future, if the show were to revert to a 1 or 2 days per week format. :duno: Just my 2 cents worth. ;)
Your right but at the same time not right.

Your right about Australia's Got Talent going to 1 ep a week but worng about TARAU going to Wednesdays, 7:30pm
7 has Seven has scheduled AGT at Wednesday 7:30 PM.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/04/australias-got-talent-picks-wednesdays.html

As i said before i think Wednesday,8:30 (more like 8:45 with all the time delays)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 12:57:53 AM »
It's 01 May 2012...  This is the month..

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 01:11:33 AM »
I don't know If putting a piece of scanned magazine against the copyright issues, but I'm putting it under the spoiler tags,

Show content

If it's not legal, then I'll take it out..  ;)

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 01:44:52 AM »
Cool .Any date? And what magazine?

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 02:43:49 AM »
Cool .Any date? And what magazine?

It depends when the US Race ends in Aus, I would say either 16th May (if the 7 skips last episode and shows this week's episode aka the 2nd Indian leg, then shows the 2hr finale next week) or the 23rd of May (if 7 shows the episode we missed last week, then the 2nd Indian leg/episode 10 on the 9th before the finale the week after on the 16th).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 05:06:45 AM »
Thanks Zouly! Scans are fine!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »
There was a really weird advertisement of TARAus on during TAR tonight.

It was showing a woman (couldn't really tell who it was from the brief promo, but I'd guess it was one of the Italian sisters maybe?) trying to catch some sort of reptilian-like animal by jumping on it. :stare

Then I also saw the one with the Cops. That one's been on several times every night. Wonder if they'll ever make promos of other teams? :duno:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 12:51:30 AM »

It was showing a woman (couldn't really tell who it was from the brief promo, but I'd guess it was one of the Italian sisters maybe?) trying to catch some sort of reptilian-like animal by jumping on it. :stare

Then I also saw the one with the Cops. That one's been on several times every night. Wonder if they'll ever make promos of other teams? :duno:

i just watched that

It was SARAH (of James and Sarah) in the PHILIPPINES at this Detour in Legazpi (Sarah was performing PIG)

This Leg's Detour was a choice between Jig and Pig. In Jig, teams would do traditional costumes and dance to the satisfaction of two judges. In Pig, teams would compete in a game of catching an oiled pig. They would have to collect two pigs to receive their next clue.

Sarah was walking around the arena thing and she jumped to catch a pig and her skirt flew up and her bum was showing to the whole world... (she was wearing a g-string)

how embarrassing...

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 02:21:51 AM »

Promo 2 ?!

Hopefully uploaded soon...  :(

i just watched that

It was SARAH (of James and Sarah) in the PHILIPPINES at this Detour in Legazpi (Sarah was performing PIG)

This Leg's Detour was a choice between Jig and Pig. In Jig, teams would do traditional costumes and dance to the satisfaction of two judges. In Pig, teams would compete in a game of catching an oiled pig. They would have to collect two pigs to receive their next clue.

Sarah was walking around the arena thing and she jumped to catch a pig and her skirt flew up and her bum was showing to the whole world... (she was wearing a g-string)

how embarrassing...

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 10:21:01 AM »

i just watched that

how embarrassing...

Yeah, I re-watched the promo and I definitely agree that it's Sarah! I don't know what I was seeing last time! :lol:

And I don't know why I thought she was catching a reptile instead of a pig, lol! :groan: :groan: :groan: I think I'm losing it! :iok

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2012, 01:11:06 AM »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2012, 01:23:12 AM »
We have a new webpage.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-australia/

I like it.

:wohoo:

Counting days... :cmas25

OMG..The "Starts Soon" thingy make me nervous...  :colors

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2012, 01:55:18 AM »

i just watched that

how embarrassing...

Yeah, I re-watched the promo and I definitely agree that it's Sarah! I don't know what I was seeing last time! :lol:

And I don't know why I thought she was catching a reptile instead of a pig, lol! :groan: :groan: :groan: I think I'm losing it! :iok

I just recorded the ad, uploaded to yotube and still wait for authority from the mods :)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2012, 01:58:12 AM »

HOLY SNAPPP!!  I just passed a HUGE Billboard of TAR Aus while I'm driving past Caulfield, VIC still in Melbourne metro area, I'll post the picture when I got back home..

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2012, 06:37:20 AM »

Here's the Billboard that I passed during my trip to Caulfield, Melbourne, VIC

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2012, 06:40:11 AM »

Somehow I'm thinking... and I'm pretty sure, that there's another one like this in other states as well saying "Go Brisbane!" or similar like that...  :jam:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2012, 09:32:36 AM »

Somehow I'm thinking... and I'm pretty sure, that there's another one like this in other states as well saying "Go Brisbane!" or similar like that...  :jam:

There probably are, but I haven't seen any here in Sydney... :duno: Although I don't go into the City area very often, so it's possible that there are billboards which I haven't seen! :duno:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 03:27:19 AM »
I saw a picture of Sue & Teresa today!!! Actually two of them! There was an advertisement featuring the two of them hanging off two of the Bus Stops that my bus drove past.

Tomorrow, I will try to snap a photo of it and upload it! ;) However, if the bus doesn't stop at either of those stops, I won't be able to get a photo! :( Let's hope that the bus stops there tomorrow! ;)

I also find it quite curious that they are advertising the Western Australian team here in New South Wales. When My Kitchen Rules was on, I kept seeing Steve & Helen's photo on billboards and on the back of buses, and they were the New South Wales team. I would've expected that they would have advertisements of one of the three NSW teams here... ???

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 03:52:41 AM »
Well there wont be any 'Go Canberra' ones .No ACT teams , which im pinged off about.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 07:43:18 AM »

Lol, just realized that Coutzy snapped the same thing, the billboard, so I guess there are 4 Huge billboard in Melbourne, and we found 2 of them...   :yess:

Wonder where the other 2 are.. Team father and daughter,

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2012, 10:48:11 PM »

Lol, just realized that Coutzy snapped the same thing, the billboard, so I guess there are 4 Huge billboard in Melbourne, and we found 2 of them...   :yess:

Well they're placing them along major roads obviously, so I'd probably guess the Napean hwy, Bell st, Burwood hwy, Warrigal rd, etc.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 12:48:11 AM »
We have new 3 promos on the website for

James and Sarah- The Cougar
Paul and Shane- The Villains
Sue and Teresa- The Hippies

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 12:59:32 AM »
HOT FROM THE OVEN...

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 01:01:00 AM »

IT'S GETTING THERE MATE!!! OI..OI..OI...  :wohoo: :wohoo:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 01:05:54 AM »

>> THE COUGAR : THIS COUGAR AND HER "TOY BOY" ARE READY TO TAKE ON THE WORLD.

>> THE VILLAINS: THIS TEAM WON'T LET ANYTHING STAND IN THEIR WAY!

>> THE HIPPIES: WILL THE UNIVERSE BE ON THEIR SIDE ON THIS RACE AROUND THE WORLD?

I can't embed the video  :(

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2012, 01:39:37 AM »
If anyone can get the videos up would be awesome. Would love to see them!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2012, 05:14:36 AM »
OK, here's the bus stop photo I was talking about! Between my terrible photography skills, the dreadful camerca on my phone and the horrendous glare and reflection on the bus stop window, this is the best I could do! :( (I'll go past there on Friday night. Maybe the photo will come out better in the dark?)

It's basically the same photo that ZouLy posted earlier in the thread, and then at the top, if it's too hard to see, it says "AMAAAZINGLY Hair Raising". What's with the marketing people using the word AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING on all the ads!? :lol:

(I feel extremely weird taking photos of bus stops... :hides)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2012, 05:28:01 AM »

Lol,  :lol:   well same with me pulling over on side of the road and took picture of the billboard... at least we practice to sneak for spoiler photos if they ever come again..  :sab

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2012, 05:35:28 AM »

Lol,  :lol:   well same with me pulling over on side of the road and took picture of the billboard... at least we practice to sneak for spoiler photos if they ever come again..  :sab

The funny thing was that there were people standing about 1 metre to the side of that photo. I hope they didn't think I was trying to take photos of them! :lol3: :gnome

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2012, 08:47:08 AM »
Was in a different part of Sydney and I saw another bus stop with the cops' pictures in it, and it says:

"The AMAAAZING Chase!" :lol:

Where on earth are the ads of the NSW teams!?!?!? (:;)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2012, 12:48:11 AM »
Positive vibes for WA's Amazing Race hopefuls Teresa and Sue

by: Beth Rivers, TV Guide editor From: PerthNow May 16, 2012 11:20AM

WA's only hope of winning series two of The Amazing Race: Australia rests on two Geraldton hairdressers, whose coping strategies involve hugging trees and using their homemade aura spray to rid negativity.

Last night, Perth media personalities were privy to a sneak peek of episode one at Channel Seven’s Dianella studios and introduced to the WA team, Cut Loose Hair Design salon coordinator Sue, 40, and salon owner Teresa, 44.

“We’ve known each other almost 30 years,” Teresa said.

The ladies said they would bring spontaneity, a never-say-die attitude and lots of laughs to the race, while their weaknesses included solving puzzles – clearly noted in episode one – and over-analysing.

Promising a breakneck pace, The Amazing Race: Australia series two kicks off in Sydney, before teams jet off to the Philippines to stomach local delights and push themselves to the limits.

If this is only the start of what’s to come then no team should be underestimated, especially WA's tree-hugging mums.

“If we’re in trouble on the Race we’ll break out the spray for sure,” Teresa said.

We’ve even bottled it in travel-sized packs so we won’t get stopped by security at the airports.”

With the world watching, Australians aren’t exactly filmed in the most intelligent light during episode one, however, almost all of the 11 teams hold an endearing quality or possess high entertainment value that’s sure to leave viewers torn at the time of eliminations.

Sitting at the back of the studio, Sue and Teresa were dispensing their aura spray with every on-screen tension-filled moment, which was often.

Also laughing along to the adventures, dramas and strange relationships – especially the dating couple James and “cougar” Sarah – were reality TV veterans Sam Schoers and Anne-Marie Brown (from different teams) on the first Amazing Race Australia season and Andrew Paton and Angela Schlegel from the last series of My Kitchen Rules.

Teams to watch:

-cousins Adam and Dane, who believe their indigenous backgrounds will give them an advantage, although Adam admits Dane’s pretty boy obsession could get in the way.

-workmates and self-appointed 'alpha males' Paul and Steve. They’re competitive in all aspects of life, even against each other. WA’s Sue said: “Testosterone just walks in the room with them.”

-sisters Lucy and Emilia, mainly for their hilariously honest way of talking to each other.

-platinum-blonde, cheerleading, twins Michelle and Jo. They have more street smarts than meets the eye and it’s great fun to watch them get dirty in their hot pink outfits.

The Amazing Race: Australia returns to Channel Seven soon.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/perth-confidential/positive-vibes-for-was-amazing-race-hopefuls-teresa-and-sue/story-e6frg30l-1226357688715

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2012, 01:59:10 AM »

Well they're placing them along major roads obviously, so I'd probably guess the Napean hwy, Bell st, Burwood hwy, Warrigal rd, etc.

Mine was on the Napean Highway, just near Martin Street. As far as I know, there are none on the Monash Freeway up to Burke Road. It's possible that there may be some in the Citylink section.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2012, 07:01:09 AM »
I just spotted the Tasmanian team ads on the back of the bus yesterday, and the Cops ads today,

the ads might be everywhere now, but were they useful if there's no premiere date stated on them?!?  :duno:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2012, 12:32:11 AM »
The AusTAR facebook page today posted a photo of the Rosewood Forests of Madagascar, and invited fans to guess where it is.

It might mean something, it might not.

FYI: https://www.facebook.com/theamazingraceaustralia is their page. The post is public.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2012, 02:18:54 AM »

Travelocity's sister company in Australia, Zuji Travel, is proudly sponsors The Amazing Race Australia Season 2, in 2012...

Zuji sponsors The Amazing Race

Online travel agency Zuji Australia is the official sponsor of The Amazing Race Australia, which will soon air in its second season on the Seven Network,

The announcement:

Online travel agency ZUJI Australia has been named official sponsor of Channel Seven’s TV show, The Amazing Race Australia.

James Gaskell, Managing Director of ZUJI Australia and APAC, says ZUJI is thrilled with the synergies between the show’s sense of adventure and travel diversity and their own brand platform ‘Travel Your Way’:

“As a tier one sponsor of The Amazing Race Australia, we want to show viewers that the travel experiences they see on the show are, in fact, far more accessible to them than they may think and we want all Australians to make the most of their travel aspirations,” says Gaskell.

Channel Seven’s Director of Production Brad Lyons says, “We’re stoked to be partnering with ZUJI Australia on The Amazing Race Australia this year.  It’s such a strong and natural fit for the show.”

The partnership marks ZUJI’s first major free-to-air TV sponsorship deal and reflects the company’s ongoing expansion to consumers nationally.

Media communications agency UM negotiated the sponsorship which, in addition to the on-air show alignment, includes online and magazines with competitions to build excitement and allow audiences to easily engage with ZUJI.

The hit show starts this month (May) on Seven.

This launch of the sponsorship also marks the one year anniversary of ZUJI Australia’s ‘Travel Your Way’ brand launch, which was inspired by the online travel agent’s reputation for offering an endless selection of flights and accommodation.

Source: Zuji press release. 
- http://mumbrella.com.au/zuji-sponsors-the-amazing-race-92256
- http://www.zuji.com.au/

--->> I wonder if Zuji Australia will have a Zuji Travel Gnome that the racers could carry anytime..  :lol:

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2012, 05:53:10 AM »
The AusTAR facebook page today posted a photo of the Rosewood Forests of Madagascar, and invited fans to guess where it is.

FYI: https://www.facebook.com/theamazingraceaustralia is their page. The post is public.

No , I heard the race will go to 4 continents (australia,asia, eruope and north america)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2012, 10:17:30 PM »

No , I heard the race will go to 4 continents (australia,asia, eruope and north america)

Source?

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2012, 10:40:12 PM »

Source?

The website
This year’s race will be longer, tougher and even more challenging as teams vie for the $250,000 prize. Teams will travel more than 65,000 kilometres across 4 continents. The route includes a mix of iconic sites and some very surprising destinations never before seen on any version of the Race.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-australia/about-the-show/article/-/9169977/the-amazing-race-australia-season-2/

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2012, 10:43:27 PM »

Source?

The website
This year’s race will be longer, tougher and even more challenging as teams vie for the $250,000 prize. Teams will travel more than 65,000 kilometres across 4 continents. The route includes a mix of iconic sites and some very surprising destinations never before seen on any version of the Race.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-australia/about-the-show/article/-/9169977/the-amazing-race-australia-season-2/

Their website doesn't say anything about which continents, though. Or if they count Australia in that tally (Does the US edition tend to count North America in their press releases as a continent?)

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2012, 05:21:58 AM »

Source?

The website

Their website doesn't say anything about which continents, though. Or if they count Australia in that tally (Does the US edition tend to count North America in their press releases as a continent?)

Last season it was 4 , so they count Australia

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2012, 05:07:08 PM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/we-fight-a-lot-and-we-laugh-a-lot/story-fn6bfkm6-1226361056352

"We fight a lot and we laugh a lot" - Herald Sun

REALITY TV couple Sarah and James say a nine-year age gap and constant fights keeps their relationship exciting.

SARAH ROZA, 33

"I married young. I met my husband at 16 but, by 2007, I realised we were different people to who we'd been then and we split up. I threw myself into work; I'm a beauty therapist with two of my own salons and, after work, I'd often take my laptop to a nearby bar where James worked. I started noticing he was cute.

One night in late 2008, we started chatting. He was putting together a new cocktail menu and got me to try his creations - I was soon drunk. After that, I'd always chat to him when I went in. He used to listen to me talking; he was paid to, so he didn't have a choice!

It never occurred to me that we'd be anything other than friends. He was easy to talk to and I liked that he told it to me straight, whereas a lot of guys told me what they thought I wanted to hear. After being with the same person for so long, I wanted to go out and have fun. And James was often the person I'd go out with.

But we were just friends for a long time. He was wary of me having split up with my husband and didn't want to be the rebound guy. And I was still adjusting to being single.

Even when we did finally get together, in January 2011, it was in dribs and drabs. It was very intense, then we'd back off. We categorised ourselves as 'friends with benefits' for a while. We see ourselves as boyfriend and girlfriend now, but it's not as if we sat down and said, "OK, from now on, we're in a proper relationship." It just evolved.

I was up-front about how old I am, but it's never been an issue. Because I'm in the beauty business, I always make an effort with my appearance and I act younger than I am, and James seems older than he is, so we meet in the middle. A lot of people see it as a 'cougar and toy boy' type of thing, but let them think what they want; we just enjoy each other's company.

That said, our relationship has always been volatile. We both think we're right all the time. Once I've decided something is happening, it's my way or the highway and nothing will change my mind, which James finds difficult.

We're always fighting - there isn't one day that goes past when we don't - but I don't see it as a bad thing. I'd rather James spits out what's troubling him as opposed to holding it in. When I was married, I'd keep my mouth shut, but now I don't care about ruffling feathers. If James annoys me, I'll tell him. And vice versa. We fight a lot, but we laugh a lot, too. No one can make me laugh like James can. We've split up a few times, but it never lasts for long. We're like magnets - we can't leave each other alone.

Going on The Amazing Race Australia was difficult because you have to be no more than six metres apart for the duration of the race and we drove each other nuts. There were times when we wanted to kill each other, but five minutes later, we were laughing. It brought us closer together; if we can survive that, we can survive anything.

Will we get married? Never say never, but I'm happy with things the way they are. If he drives me crazy, I can take off. But I always come back because I value his opinion. He keeps me on my toes - that's our secret. The downfall of many relationships is becoming too comfy. Our relationship may not be everyone's style, but it works for us."

JAMES KINGSBURY, 24

"Our relationship is like deep-sea diving - you see lots of beautiful fish and you enjoy it but, every now and then, you need a breath of fresh air. We can't stand each other's company for more than a few hours. She talks all the time. I tune out; I've developed selective hearing.

Our relationship takes a lot of energy on both our parts, but no matter how many flaws I see in Sarah, I still genuinely enjoy spending time with her. Sure, sometimes she'll go a bit psycho and I'll need some space, but if you can find someone you still want to hang around with even though they drive you nuts, then you have to be doing something right."

>> Series two of The Amazing Race Australia starts May 30, at 9pm, on the Seven Network.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2012, 05:39:25 PM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/we-fight-a-lot-and-we-laugh-a-lot/story-fn6bfkm6-1226361056352

"We fight a lot and we laugh a lot" - Herald Sun

REALITY TV couple Sarah and James say a nine-year age gap and constant fights keeps their relationship exciting.

SARAH AND JAMES SAY THEIR DAILY FIGHTS KEEP THEM ON THEIR TOES. PICTURE: JULIAN KINGMA SUNDAY MAGAZINE

>> Series two of The Amazing Race Australia starts May 30, at 9pm, on the Seven Network.

adding picture in case some of you cannot access the site, some might have to subscribe to this newspaper first..

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2012, 05:38:59 AM »
We take a sneak peek at the new teams on The Amazing Race Australia and fill you in on who you'll love and hate — and who'll cause the most drama!

Joseph, 22, Grace, 21, NSW (Far left, purple shirts)
Our verdict: Grace might seem sweet as pie, but don't be fooled — she's capable of causing havoc. Her game-playing will ruffle a lot of feathers, with one contestant referring to her as "dis-Grace". Her poor brother, Joseph, is chained to her for the bumpy ride!

Sticky 24, Sam, 23, Tas (far left, front row, flannel shirts)
Our verdict: We'll dub these flatmates and lifelong friends the "loveable larrikins". They're competitive, but like to have fun, too. Sticky was born without a left forearm, but it doesn't slow him down — in fact he jumps behind the wheel in the first leg to get things moving!

Michelle, 26, Jo, 26, NSW (Far left, blonde girls in pink shirts)
Our verdict: Yes, they're blonde twins. Yes, they're cheerleaders. No, they're not bimbos — they actually have brains and they're fierce competitors. You'll feel queasy as you watch a food challenge, which threatens to end the Race for them.

Paul, 27, Steve, 29, Vic (Black singlets, front row)
Our verdict: Let's be honest: you're not going to love them at first. Paul is quite happy to tell anyone why he's strong and great — oh, and strong! Luckily, workmate and buddy Steve helps balance out Paul's aggressive nature. But can they be this full-on all the time?

Shane, 43, Andrew, 35, Vic (Behind Paul and Steve, matching shirts)
Our verdict: They will remind viewers of the cowboys from the show's first season, but these workmates will be using their skills as police detectives to hunt down who they suspect will be the best person to have as an ally. Smiling assassins, perhaps?

Kym, 46, Donna, 42, Qld (Front row, red shirts, next to host Grant Bowler)
Our verdict: Two words: odd couple. You'll be scratching your head thinking it's a mismatch and that they won't make it far, but these two will soon have you in stitches as they give all the teams their own name. Can you guess who they've labelled "boofheads"?

Ross, 55, Tarryn 25, Vic (Next to Kym and Donna, far right in front row)
Our verdict: This father and daughter combo could be the dark horses of the competition. They have just enough of a competitive edge to play the game, but won't get in your face and start a screaming match. A kind gesture towards another team will win viewers over.

James, 23, Sarah 32, Vic (Behind Grant Bowler, to the right)
Our verdict: If you thought the clip of US contestant Claire Champlin being hit with a watermelon was funny, Sarah has her own cringe-worthy moment that'll be replayed on YouTube after the first episode airs. Let's just say the cameras see more of Sarah than planned!

Lucy, 36, Emilia 30, NSW (Next in line, grey shirts)
Our verdict: These Italian sisters will no doubt be the people's choice. They both just ooze warmth and love, and will have the whole nation on their side from the minute the Race begins. We're just hoping nobody takes advantage of their sweet nature.

Adam, 30 Dane, 29, NSW and Qld (Next in line, wearing tight tees)
Our verdict: These cousins love to stir the pot and will definitely bring the laughs, especially when it comes to Adam picking on Dane about how many times he whips his hair back and forth! "We're as close as brothers," Dane smiles.

Sue, 40, Teresa, 43, WA (Far right, in the back row)
Our verdict: With the pressure on and the clock running, these hairdressing workmates won't let stress get to them. So how do they keep stay chilled? They simply spray each other with a calming mist — yep, in the middle of a challenge! Golden TV moment.

The Amazing Race Australia: Season premiere, coming soon, Channel Seven.

http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=1011147&showcomments=true

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2012, 05:46:06 AM »
We take a sneak peek at the new teams on The Amazing Race Australia and fill you in on who you'll love and hate — and who'll cause the most drama!

Joseph, 22, Grace, 21, NSW (Far left, purple shirts)
Our verdict: Grace might seem sweet as pie, but don't be fooled — she's capable of causing havoc. Her game-playing will ruffle a lot of feathers, with one contestant referring to her as "dis-Grace". Her poor brother, Joseph, is chained to her for the bumpy ride!

Sticky 24, Sam, 23, Tas (far left, front row, flannel shirts)
Our verdict: We'll dub these flatmates and lifelong friends the "loveable larrikins". They're competitive, but like to have fun, too. Sticky was born without a left forearm, but it doesn't slow him down — in fact he jumps behind the wheel in the first leg to get things moving!

Michelle, 26, Jo, 26, NSW (Far left, blonde girls in pink shirts)
Our verdict: Yes, they're blonde twins. Yes, they're cheerleaders. No, they're not bimbos — they actually have brains and they're fierce competitors. You'll feel queasy as you watch a food challenge, which threatens to end the Race for them.

Paul, 27, Steve, 29, Vic (Black singlets, front row)
Our verdict: Let's be honest: you're not going to love them at first. Paul is quite happy to tell anyone why he's strong and great — oh, and strong! Luckily, workmate and buddy Steve helps balance out Paul's aggressive nature. But can they be this full-on all the time?

Shane, 43, Andrew, 35, Vic (Behind Paul and Steve, matching shirts)
Our verdict: They will remind viewers of the cowboys from the show's first season, but these workmates will be using their skills as police detectives to hunt down who they suspect will be the best person to have as an ally. Smiling assassins, perhaps?

Kym, 46, Donna, 42, Qld (Front row, red shirts, next to host Grant Bowler)
Our verdict: Two words: odd couple. You'll be scratching your head thinking it's a mismatch and that they won't make it far, but these two will soon have you in stitches as they give all the teams their own name. Can you guess who they've labelled "boofheads"?

Ross, 55, Tarryn 25, Vic (Next to Kym and Donna, far right in front row)
Our verdict: This father and daughter combo could be the dark horses of the competition. They have just enough of a competitive edge to play the game, but won't get in your face and start a screaming match. A kind gesture towards another team will win viewers over.

James, 23, Sarah 32, Vic (Behind Grant Bowler, to the right)
Our verdict: If you thought the clip of US contestant Claire Champlin being hit with a watermelon was funny, Sarah has her own cringe-worthy moment that'll be replayed on YouTube after the first episode airs. Let's just say the cameras see more of Sarah than planned!

Lucy, 36, Emilia 30, NSW (Next in line, grey shirts)
Our verdict: These Italian sisters will no doubt be the people's choice. They both just ooze warmth and love, and will have the whole nation on their side from the minute the Race begins. We're just hoping nobody takes advantage of their sweet nature.

Adam, 30 Dane, 29, NSW and Qld (Next in line, wearing tight tees)
Our verdict: These cousins love to stir the pot and will definitely bring the laughs, especially when it comes to Adam picking on Dane about how many times he whips his hair back and forth! "We're as close as brothers," Dane smiles.

Sue, 40, Teresa, 43, WA (Far right, in the back row)
Our verdict: With the pressure on and the clock running, these hairdressing workmates won't let stress get to them. So how do they keep stay chilled? They simply spray each other with a calming mist — yep, in the middle of a challenge! Golden TV moment.

The Amazing Race Australia: Season premiere, coming soon, Channel Seven.

http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=1011147&showcomments=true

dis-Grace LOL  :lol3:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2012, 06:04:05 AM »

dis-Grace LOL  :lol3:

Maybe I should change my prediction.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:16:14 AM by redskevin88 »

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2012, 02:23:13 AM »
We have more cast interviews on the website. Bottom of the homepage.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2012, 03:54:03 PM »
Crowds hungry for Amazing Race Australia
By David Knox on May 24, 2012 / Filed Under News, Top Stories 0
They were all smiles last night as The Amazing Race Australia previewed their first episode to contest winners at Crown’s Village Cinemas, but things are about to get a whole lot more competitive when Seven’s Race begins on air next week.

In attendance last night were contestants Paul and Steve, James and Sarah, Ross and Tarryn, Shane and Andrew from Victoria, plus Sticky and Sam from Tasmania. The night was hosted by Price is Right announcer Brodie Young.

The 90 minute episode turns it on once again with spectacular shots, crazy challenges, slick editing and a cast that looks ready to implode. The first challenges range from zany to squeamish to exhausting. And the crowd were laughing in all the right spots. If you enjoyed last year’s series, buckle yourself in for another wild ride. ActiveTV have done it again.

As evidence of the show’s appeal, Seven advertised free tickets on their website, instead of liaising through a radio station, and netted more than 5000 requests.

The Amazing Race Australia premieres at 9pm Wednesday on Seven.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/05/crowds-hungry-for-amazing-race-australia.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2012, 04:33:27 AM »
TWO NEW vids up on the website:

1. This season's opening titles (which are as awesome as last season's)
2. a sneak peek (slightly longer version) which is Sarah trying to catch the pig, her skirt flies up, she's wearing a g-string and... you know what happens

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2012, 09:29:27 AM »
can someone please upload that intro to youtube? I want to see it badly. :)
Bring on the 21!

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2012, 11:06:31 PM »
Support for villain Paul on The Amazing Race

Confidential reporter From: Herald Sun June 30, 2012 12:00AM

VICTORIA's teams have rallied behind villain Paul Montgomery as competition intensifies on The Amazing Race Australia.

Montgomery was accused of bulldozing by Grace Caristo in last week's episode, but couple Sarah Roza and James Kingsbury have dubbed her a "disgrace".

"She lied about Paul pushing her over and she's going to get her come-uppance and Australia will give it to her," Roza said.

Father and daughter Ross and Tarryn Thornton also came out fighting in support of Montgomery.

"The manipulation and things that's going on now . . . she handled herself wrong," Tarryn said.

The four Victorian teams caught up for lunch yesterday in Southbank.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/support-for-villain-paul-on-the-amazing-race/story-e6frf96o-1226412791736

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2012, 11:40:27 PM »

VICTORIA's teams have rallied behind villain Paul Montgomery as competition intensifies on The Amazing Race Australia.

Montgomery was accused of bulldozing by Grace Caristo in last week's episode, but couple Sarah Roza and James Kingsbury have dubbed her a "disgrace".

"She lied about Paul pushing her over and she's going to get her come-uppance and Australia will give it to her," Roza said.

Father and daughter Ross and Tarryn Thornton also came out fighting in support of Montgomery.

"The manipulation and things that's going on now . . . she handled herself wrong," Tarryn said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/support-for-villain-paul-on-the-amazing-race/story-e6frf96o-1226412791736
I knew it!!! We never actually saw on the camera, Paul pushing Grace.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2012, 11:45:05 PM »

Exactly!! but one thing I don't understand is that in the confessionals, Paul talks as if he did knock Grace over.. confusing  :groan:

I've noticed everyone commenting about Paul's actions in the Paul and Steve thread, but through the week i've checked out Tarryn and Sarah's twitters and they've had a huge discussion about how Grace is 'fake' and she went on the show for fame and she made up the whole pushing incident  :(
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:52:40 PM by supah3ro »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2012, 03:50:48 AM »

Exactly!! but one thing I don't understand is that in the confessionals, Paul talks as if he did knock Grace over.. confusing  :groan:

I've noticed everyone commenting about Paul's actions in the Paul and Steve thread, but through the week i've checked out Tarryn and Sarah's twitters and they've had a huge discussion about how Grace is 'fake' and she went on the show for fame and she made up the whole pushing incident  :(

Possibly taking grabs from the confessions about the pot smashing?

Notice in the supposed confession about Grace, Paul talked about his backpack knocking her over, and we DID see Paul's pack displacing a few pots in the India leg.

VERY strange for the racers to be bickering like that over twitter, though. Don't they usually get along reasonably well after the show?

And someone should have told me they were in Melbourne, I would have said hello.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2012, 04:12:47 AM »
I find it weird that the teams talking about the incident weren't even there... ??? unless I'm missing something... ???

The only teams who were there running with Grace and Paul were Michelle & Jo and Lucy & Emilia, so I think they would be able to give the most accurate account of the situation. :tup:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2012, 04:29:03 AM »
I find it weird that the teams talking about the incident weren't even there... ??? unless I'm missing something... ???

The only teams who were there running with Grace and Paul were Michelle & Jo and Lucy & Emilia, so I think they would be able to give the most accurate account of the situation. :tup:

From my understanding, all teams arrived at the Roadblock at essentially the same time.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2012, 04:35:19 AM »

From my understanding, all teams arrived at the Roadblock at essentially the same time.

Hmmm... in that case, I'm not sure what to make of that article... ???

I'm of the opinion that Paul was at fault entirely, but clearly the other teams aren't all thinking that way. ???

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2012, 04:40:15 AM »

Hmmm... in that case, I'm not sure what to make of that article... ???

I'm of the opinion that Paul was at fault entirely, but clearly the other teams aren't all thinking that way. ???

It is very, VERY strange that no footage of it was shown either. You would think they'd show it if something had happened. Also add into the fact that Lucy and Emilia who were seen to be right behind them looked genuinely bewildered at what Grace was yelling about and it seems very suss.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2012, 04:46:32 AM »
Yeah, I was expecting to see some footage of the situation - whether it was a fall or a push - but we got absolutely nothing... :(

Obviously Paul did hit/knock/bump/touch/brush her - at least to some small degree - because he was claiming that he accidentally ran into her, but I wish there was some footage!!! :gaah:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2012, 08:01:31 AM »
My question: If Paul really didn't do anything to Grace, then why was Lucy of Emilia (I can't tell the difference! :lol:) trying to separate Grace from Paul like they would fight more? Also, maybe all teams in support are biased considering they are all from Victoria. :duno: Who knows.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2012, 08:37:48 AM »
My question: If Paul really didn't do anything to Grace, then why was Lucy of Emilia (I can't tell the difference! :lol:) trying to separate Grace from Paul like they would fight more? Also, maybe all teams in support are biased considering they are all from Victoria. :duno: Who knows.

Grace was screaming her head off. That would be cause to try and separate the two in my mind. Though it does make me think of another question that needs answering given the lack of footage- We see Paul state that he tried to apologise straight away, which shows that he obviously thought there was something to apologise for.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2012, 09:25:41 AM »
I can't see that whole article, but remember Lucy and Emilia gave a conf about Grace's "really bad fall".
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2012, 03:40:18 AM »
Was I the only one that heard Paul saying that he tried to apologize to Grace immediately after that incident?
I believe it was accidental.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move