Author Topic: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!  (Read 552377 times)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Re: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2013, 09:27:49 AM »
Here's another record that will hopefully be broken soon!

The Amazing Race 10 visited 6 new countries, Mongolia, Kuwait, Mauritius, Madagascar, Finland & Ukraine. All haven't been visited since.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2013, 10:46:08 AM »
Joe and Bill (S1) lags 24 hours behind the leading teams (Rob/Brennan, Frank/Margarita) in Season 1 (Alaska - Ney York Legs).
Joe and Bill (S1) were the first team ever to not cross the finish line.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2013, 04:06:09 PM »
Andy & Tommy went first to last.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2013, 04:07:17 PM »

...so have a lot of other teams :lol:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2013, 04:13:52 PM »

Yeah, so you should correct it :)
Kami & Karli (S5) and Josh & Brent (S21) share the record of finishing 7 legs in the bottom two teams. Josh & Brent's 7 legs were all in a row (Leg 5 - Leg 11).
If you include Kami & Karli's elimination, it's 8.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2013, 04:22:42 PM »

Yeah, so you should correct it :)

You also missed this
"Five teams just missed out on the final three, despite winning the previous leg: Derek & Drew (S3), Hayden & Aaron (S6), Toni & Dallas (S13), Kisha & Jen (S14) and Andy & Tommy (S19)."

Kami & Karli (S5) and Josh & Brent (S21) share the record of finishing 7 legs in the bottom two teams. Josh & Brent's 7 legs were all in a row (Leg 5 - Leg 11).
If you include Kami & Karli's elimination, it's 8.

Nope, that one is included.
1. Leg 2(9/10)
2. Leg 4(7/8)
3. Leg 5(6/7)
4. Leg 7(5/6)
5. Leg 8(5/5)
6. Leg 9 (4/5)
7. Leg 10 (5/5)

Offline Nobita

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2013, 06:05:54 AM »
Most roadblocks performed (9): Zach (S3), Chip (S5), Brandon (S5)
Karlyn (S10) is the first racer to complete 7 roadblocks since the inception of roadblock limit. Her partner, Lyn, completed 6 roadblocks (1 unaired).

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2013, 06:50:21 AM »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but something I was just thinking about the other day while re-watching TAR6:

A total of THREE different seasons have had a Final Three consisting of the team who is shown first in the intro credits AND the team who is shown eleventh in the intro credits.

Those seasons are TAR6, TAR15 and TAR20 (bearing in mind that TAR15 actually had 12 teams and so the eleventh team that was shown was not the last one in the intros, unlike TAR6 and TAR20). On TAR6, Kris & Jon were first in the credits and Adam & Rebecca were last. On TAR15, Brian & Ericka were first in the credits and Meghan & Cheyne were eleventh. On TAR20, Rachel & Dave were first in the credits and Art & JJ were last.

When such a phenomenon occurs, on one occasion the team shown first has won (Rachel & Dave on TAR20), on one occasion the team shown eleventh has won (Meghan & Cheyne on TAR15) and on one occasion the team not shown either first or eleventh has won (Freddy & Kendra on TAR6)

Yes, this is what I do for fun... thinking up random TAR-related things. :lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2013, 06:58:36 AM »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but something I was just thinking about the other day while re-watching TAR6:

A total of THREE different seasons have had a Final Three consisting of the team who is shown first in the intro credits AND the team who is shown eleventh in the intro credits.

Those seasons are TAR6, TAR15 and TAR20 (bearing in mind that TAR15 actually had 12 teams and so the eleventh team that was shown was not the last one in the intros, unlike TAR6 and TAR20). On TAR6, Kris & Jon were first in the credits and Adam & Rebecca were last. On TAR15, Brian & Ericka were first in the credits and Meghan & Cheyne were eleventh. On TAR20, Rachel & Dave were first in the credits and Art & JJ were last.

When such a phenomenon occurs, on one occasion the team shown first has won (Rachel & Dave on TAR20), on one occasion the team shown eleventh has won (Meghan & Cheyne on TAR15) and on one occasion the team not shown either first or eleventh has won (Freddy & Kendra on TAR6)

Totally random things <333333

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2013, 09:18:19 AM »
The only two winning teams that broke a record for most leg wins (Nick and Starr, Rachel and Dave), are the only two winning teams to be shown first in the intro. You gotta love foreshadowing  :hrt:.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2013, 03:10:14 PM »

TK and Rachel are the only winners to be last in intro
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2013, 06:21:21 AM »

Taking this one step further:

On the three occasions where the first team in the credits and the eleventh team in the credits both make the Final Three:

The team shown first in the credits:
-Has won once (Rachel & Dave on TAR20)
-Has come second once (Kris & Jon on TAR6)
-Has come third once (Brian & Ericka on TAR15)

The team shown eleventh in the credits:
-Has won once (Meghan & Cheyne on TAR15)
-Has come second once (Art & JJ on TAR20)
-Has come third once (Adam & Rebecca on TAR6)

The team shown neither first nor eleventh in the credits:
-Has won once (Freddy & Kendra on TAR6)
-Has come second once (Sam & Dan on TAR15)
-Has come third once (Brendon & Rachel on TAR20)

Offline Nobita

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2013, 04:20:28 AM »
All mother-son teams have same activity in their intro shots: chatting while walking.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2013, 05:26:05 AM »
All mother-son teams have same activity in their intro shots: chatting while walking.

Haha, that's brilliant!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2013, 07:04:33 AM »

Haha, that's brilliant!

Wow! Really? That's a cool observation! Does that hold true for every single one?

Offline Nobita

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2013, 07:14:26 AM »

Haha, that's brilliant!

Wow! Really? That's a cool observation! Does that hold true for every single one?
This is for Susan-Patrick, Toni-Dallas and Margie-Luke. I don't know about other mother-son teams from international versions. Other than TAR US, I've only watched TAR Aus and TAR Asia, and if I recall correctly, there is no mother-son team from those versions. :)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2013, 04:41:41 PM »
In both seasons with returning teams the team that came 3rd came 6th in their original season being Gary and Mallory/Charla and Mirna while the team that came 2nd came 4th in their original season being Flight Time and Big Easy/Dustin and Kandice.

Kent and Vyxsin have ran the most legs without winning a single leg with a total of 18 legs completed.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2013, 10:35:19 AM »
The only time in TAR US (which I can think of) that teams left and re-entered a country (other than the US!) was Germany in TAR 3 (Munich - Innsbruck - Fussen).
There could have been a 2nd occasion, if a team had elected to use the FF in Leg 6 of TAR 1. That team would have exited from Italy, entered the Vatican and re-entered Italy.

The only time in TAR US (which I can think of) that teams left and re-entered 2 continents twice was in TAR 6. Teams first arrived in Europe, then went to Africa, then back to Europe and back to Africa, before heading to Asia.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2013, 10:49:05 AM »
During the RB on Iguazú Falls in TAR2, teams went from Brazil to Argentina and back to Brazil.  The clue box was located on the argentinian shore.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2013, 10:51:04 AM »
Istambul --- "Welcome to Europe , now make your way back to Asia"
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2013, 04:25:58 PM »
Natalie & Nadiya is the first Express Pass winner that didn't make it to Final 3.  (in US version)

Now that we have two Express Passes, that "feat" should be broken soon.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2013, 10:49:21 PM »
Two immediate observations now that I've added season 21 to the team rankings threads.

Josh and Brent now hold the highest-value average placement of any winning team taking that designation from season 16's Jordan and Daniel.

Abbey and Ryan have the best average placement of any fifth place team, ever, they averaged better than most final three teams, and finished with a better average placement than the teams that finished in first through fourth place in their season.

I'm sure there are others, but that's a start,
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2013, 08:50:55 PM »
The only time in TAR US (which I can think of) that teams left and re-entered a country (other than the US!) was Germany in TAR 3 (Munich - Innsbruck - Fussen).
There could have been a 2nd occasion, if a team had elected to use the FF in Leg 6 of TAR 1. That team would have exited from Italy, entered the Vatican and re-entered Italy.

The only time in TAR US (which I can think of) that teams left and re-entered 2 continents twice was in TAR 6. Teams first arrived in Europe, then went to Africa, then back to Europe and back to Africa, before heading to Asia.

The above statement is true, but in AR3 teams went from Europe to Africa and back to Europe before moving on to Asia; this is not quite as impressive as AR6.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2013, 11:32:53 PM »

The above statement is true, but in AR3 teams went from Europe to Africa and back to Europe before moving on to Asia; this is not quite as impressive as AR6.

TAR 1 also had an instance on the second leg where one of the detour options was in Botswana, and teams that would have chosen that detour would have returned to Zambia after the task. However, the ten teams on the leg all chose the other detour option, which took place in Zambia. After the detour teams then flew back to South Africa and then found flights to Paris, France.
-- theschnauzers

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »
The earliest enter-leave-enter chance in TAR1, episode 2 looked a little farfetched even if you put 100 people in that situation, but I would have loved to see at least one team choosing that "Far" safari option.

(RANDOM THOUGHT: If money weren't a factor, I really want to trace the very first and partially second leg personally by actually traveling to Zambia. Victoria Falls (Knife's Edge & Boiling Pot)...  Batoka "George" :lol:... Songwe and Mukuni Village... WHITEWATER RAFTING!... and definitely the safari sightseeing...) :luvu:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)