Author Topic: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!  (Read 553525 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2011, 04:36:39 PM »
Joab,

I would love to dissect the Antananarivo FAST FORWARD. It was also an INTERSECTION, which was a hindrance for the teams in that state and doing "Eat Cows Lips". They apparently were pretty nauseous to eat and doubtless several out of James, Tyler, rob and Kimberly took a long time to do so. They then had to get by taxi to the Cathedral Andohalo. For the regular tasks, the DETOUR of carrying mattresses was not hard for Dustin, Kandice, Erwin and Godwin. Getting a taxi for 4 miles to underneath the pit stop point Andohalo Cathedral, the ROADBLOCK of finding the correct transportation stamps, getting the next clue and climbing the steps all appeared quite easy and not time-consuming. 

I attribute the issue to be the mixing of the INTERSECTION with the FAST FORWARD. This leg should have been designed to have a "normal" outcome with a FAST FORWARD team winning, but it was mis-designed by having the DETOUR and ROADBLOCK just too easy and quick to complete.   

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2011, 05:31:13 PM »
Here's a TAR 17 fact for y'all!
10/12 legs were won by the final 3.
Nat/Kat- Legs 4,5,7,10,12
Brook/Claire- Leg 2
Jill/Thomas- Legs 1,6,9,11
Now, the other two winners of legs are Connor/Jonathon & Chad/Stephanie. For both of those teams, the leg after the leg they won, (legs 3 & 8, respectively), they were eliminated the leg after. Jonathon screwed up the Detour, and Chad & Stephanie were too cocky from their win & in love to find an earlier flight. I just rewatched TAR 17, and I noticed that.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2011, 05:35:54 PM »
Small one:
Indonesia is the first (and only yet) country to eliminate 3 teams in one season.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2011, 07:57:15 PM »
Here's a TAR 17 fact for y'all!
10/12 legs were won by the final 3.
Nat/Kat- Legs 4,5,7,10,12
Brook/Claire- Leg 2
Jill/Thomas- Legs 1,6,9,11
Now, the other two winners of legs are Connor/Jonathon & Chad/Stephanie. For both of those teams, the leg after the leg they won, (legs 3 & 8, respectively), they were eliminated the leg after. Jonathon screwed up the Detour, and Chad & Stephanie were too cocky from their win & in love to find an earlier flight. I just rewatched TAR 17, and I noticed that.

That's an interesting one! I had a quick look at the other seasons, and the Final 3 with the most leg wins was S5 with 12. The ones with the least were S8, S10 and S18 with only 6!

Small one:
Indonesia is the first (and only yet) country to eliminate 3 teams in one season.

I like that one too!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »
Small one:

I assume America (S8) not included? :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2011, 07:17:49 PM »
TARLA 3 Is the first TAR to have 3 all male teams on the finale.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2011, 08:16:24 PM »
Andy-Tommy become the eliminated team with the best placement average at elimination (2.636), as well as the best placement average of a fourth place team (both previously held by Oswald and Danny in TARAS 2.666), and perhaps the most shocking final elimination since Derek and Drew's elimination in Ho Chi Mihn City in TAR 3.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:46:02 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2011, 04:02:48 AM »
Andy-Tommy become the eliminated team with the best placement average at elimination (2.636), as well as the best placement average of a fourth place team (both previously held by Oswald and Danny in TARAS 2.666), and perhaps the most shocking final elimination since Derek and Drew's elimination in Ho Chi Mihn City in TAR 3.

Thanks for that :)

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2011, 04:22:14 AM »
First to worst (eliminated):
Two teams won the first leg before being eliminated in the second: Amanda & Chris (S4) and Alison & Donny (S5).
Five teams just missed out on the final three, despite winning the previous leg: Derek & Drew (S3), Hayden & Aaron (S6), Toni & Dallas (S13), Kisha & Jen (S14) and Andy & Tommy (S19).
The rest of the first to worst teams are: Pat & Brenda (S1), Mary & Peach (S2), Shola & Doyin (S2), John Vito & Jill (S3), Steve & Josh (S4), Ray & Deana (S7), Fran & Barry (S9), Peter & Sarah (S10), Uchenna & Joyce (S11), Rob & Amber (S11), Toni & Dallas (S13), Chad & Stephanie (S17) and Connor & Jonathan (S17).

S13 and S19 hold the record for the latest first elimination of a leg winner, with previous leg winners eliminated in fourth place in both seasons (Toni & Dallas and Andy & Tommy).

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2011, 04:28:45 AM »
Protected 'curses':
No team that finishes 7th or 10th in the first leg wins the race.
Teams that finished 5th in leg 5 never win the race.

Curses still at risk:
No team that finishes 5th in the first leg wins the race (Amani & Marcus).
Teams that finished 5th in leg 3 never win the race (Ernie & Cindy).
Teams that win the Express Pass finish 3rd (Ernie & Cindy).

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2011, 04:43:08 AM »
The strongest Final 3 (by average placing) was S1, with an AP of 2.54. Second was S14 with 2.59 and third was S15 with 2.82.

The weakest Final 3 (by average placing) was S6, with an AP of 3.80. Second was S16 with 3.78 and third was S5 with 3.74.

Season 19 have the fifth weakest Final 3, with an average placing of 3.67.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2011, 01:31:56 PM »
Five teams just missed out on the final three, despite winning the previous leg: Derek & Drew (S3), Hayden & Aaron (S6), Toni & Dallas (S13), Kisha & Jen (S14) and Andy & Tommy (S19).

If we follow the new rule that TBCs are separate legs, then thwe Kisha & Jen statistic does not apply as Jaime and Cara won the TBC leg before KJ were eliminated.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2011, 04:44:35 PM »
If we follow the new rule that TBCs are separate legs, then thwe Kisha & Jen statistic does not apply as Jaime and Cara won the TBC leg before KJ were eliminated.

But this rule wasn't implemented until S18, you can't just go back and split what was once considered one leg into two!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2011, 08:24:49 PM »
Dom El, in my record keeping I have considered double length and legs with no rest period at pit stops to be two legs for placement purposes as it is the only way to balance out the Races with them and without them on an equal basis for comparison. Since the origin of the double legs was a necessity in TAR 6 to avoid violating laws in Hungary about begging, one can justify such distinctions because the only distinction in retrospect was the presence or absence of a rest period/pit stop.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2011, 09:26:12 PM »

But this rule wasn't implemented until S18, you can't just go back and split what was once considered one leg into two!
Jaime & Cara reportedly got a prize for coming in first.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2011, 03:22:03 AM »
Dom El, in my record keeping I have considered double length and legs with no rest period at pit stops to be two legs for placement purposes as it is the only way to balance out the Races with them and without them on an equal basis for comparison. Since the origin of the double legs was a necessity in TAR 6 to avoid violating laws in Hungary about begging, one can justify such distinctions because the only distinction in retrospect was the presence or absence of a rest period/pit stop.

I do it too. I mean essentially they are NELs, even if you dont wanna call them like that. I mean, it tests the performance of each team to get to a certain point. Each part of the leg get's their own episode, and that way races 1-11 have their 13 episodes, races 12-13 their 11 episodes, and races 14-present, their 12 episodes. which is the structure they wanted to have.

I have another stat for you. Lyn & Karlyn (TAR10) were the first F3 team to never win a leg, Dan & Andrew (TAR13) and Brian & Ericka (TAR15) followed. (I counted Jaime & Cara's win in Beijing, they even got prizes, but if you want to include them that's okay, we'll just have to disagree on the methods).
Eric & Danielle (TAR11) and Kisha & Jen (TAR18) are the only two teams that got into the F3 without winning a leg, but ultimately won the race.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:30:34 AM by guacamole300 »

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2011, 03:36:39 AM »
I consider the difference to be that in a 'double-length leg', teams are not directed to a Pit Stop, there is no greeter and Phil does not say 'Team Number x'. Since Season 18 though, teams are explicitly directed to a Pit Stop, there is a greeter and Phil does indeed say 'Team Number x'. I know teams work just as hard to win these double length legs, but judging from the number of legs announced at the start line, they are not considered by production to be separate legs, while from Season 18 onwards they are.

Also, while previously Phil would say 'but this leg is not over', he now says 'the next leg starts right now'. I don't think you can go back and add an extra leg to past seasons for the sake of convenience and tidiness.

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2011, 04:12:48 AM »
I'm not adding an extra leg, I just think they should be counted.

But anyway, I have more leg (or midpoint) winners stats for you. (even if you dont count the midpoint, the stats shouldn't change by much)

LEGS   %     
        WON
M/M   85       35%       
M/F   130           54%       
F/F   25           10%       
TOT  240           100%     

and this is the count of how many teams have won legs (or midpoints) in differente races. (All Stars and UB are considered as separate teams, so we have two Rob/Ambers, two Dustin/Kandices, etc)

33 M/M teams out of 54 (61%)
54 M/F teams out of 112 (48%)
14 F/F teams out of  46  (10%)

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:20:39 AM by guacamole300 »

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2011, 04:16:53 AM »
I'm not adding an extra leg, I just think they should be counted.

But anyway, I have more leg winners stats for you.

LEGS   PERCENTAGE
        WON
M/M   85   35%
M/F   130   54%
F/F   25   10%
TOTAL   240   100%

That's a great one!

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2011, 04:28:57 AM »
oh sorry, I edited to add another one, didnt see you had posted already!  :)

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2011, 04:51:07 AM »
   LEGS   %     
        WON

F/F   25           10%       

25 F/F teams out of  46  (10%)

There is something I don't understand here: you say that only 25 F/F teams won a leg and then you say that 25 F/F teams out of 46 won those legs. So you imply that every leg has been won by a different F/F team , but I know that Nat and Kat won 5 legs, so that's not possible.
Can you explain it a little more? What am I getting wrong?

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2011, 05:12:27 AM »
oh, sorry about that, I copied the wrong number, that second number should be 14... i already edited it. Only 14 F/F teams have won legs. (if you exclude Kisha/Jen.2, Dustin/Kandice.2 and Jaime/Cara's mid point win, then that's an incredible low of 11)

thanks for pointing it out!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2011, 10:12:05 AM »
One day i'll set my mind to do a graph which I've been wanting to do for a long time. :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2011, 01:25:10 PM »
I don't think the "million dollar quote" is implemented every season, but the team that has said something along the lines of "this is for one million dollars" usually wins their season.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2011, 08:05:31 PM »
I don't think the "million dollar quote" is implemented every season, but the team that has said something along the lines of "this is for one million dollars" usually wins their season.

"This is How You Lose a Million Dollars" – Jaime :cmaslol