Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 9 "It's Speedo Time (Brussels, Belgium)"  (Read 94796 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 EP 9 "It's Speedo Time (Brussels, Belgium)"
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2011, 07:28:30 PM »
They are, but the best pommes frites come from Belgium. Just ask anyone in Europe who travels around the European Union. Or better yet, go to Brussels and taste them for yourself.

poor kid here, I'll take your word...

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2011, 04:15:42 PM »
Here's the special thanks. I didn't see any mention in the credit roll for Bjarne, who's made a good living portraying Andersen.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2011, 05:34:03 PM »
I've been in Brussells, and what you have to ask for lunch/dinner to try once is "des Mulles et Frites".

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moules-frites

About if it's or not a Detour, here's a clear shot if it was.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2011, 06:01:52 PM »
I have wonders if teams asked there cab driver if they knew how to get to the other Detour and the cabbie said no, or was unsure. Making them all choose the Speedos.

I remember in TAR 9 leg 3, when teams had to either search though Russian nesting dolls or clean a trolley. The cabs knew where the dolls were, but all the cabs had a hard time finding the trolley place. Many took the trolley Detour, but had one hell of a time finding it.

"The Detour for this half of the leg was Scour or Scrub. In Scour, teams had travel to Dubrovka Theatre to search among 1,500 pieces of Russian nesting dolls to find one of 10 microscopic clues hidden inside on this doll. In Scrub, teams had travel to a trolly bus depot at 8 Trolley Park to thoroughly wash a Russian public trolley bus, respectively. When the bus is cleaned, a bus driver would get their next clue."
Wiki.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #179 on: November 23, 2011, 06:14:24 PM »
My guess it was either impossible to find or it was an eating task. We can be pretty sure from the show that no one even tried to drive over to that one so they all had to have decided when opening the clue to do the speedos. I wonder if the close proximity of teams after that mid leg transport caused them to believe that following the others was the best choice. But that doesn't seem to explain why no one seemed to consider changing.
The other idea I've had is that something went wrong with the other task from a production standpoint and they were forced to do that one. In this case they would not have had time to change out the envelopes. I am still kind of surprised that their editors were not good enough to delete those frames showing the yellow envelopes. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2011, 07:47:50 PM »
MIGHT IT WAS mussels OR Musscles

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #181 on: November 26, 2011, 08:57:28 AM »
Here's the special thanks. I didn't see any mention in the credit roll for Bjarne, who's made a good living portraying Andersen.

Oh thanks! I wondered who he was!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline PPlys

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • When will TAR ever be shown on Dansh TV?
« Reply #182 on: December 16, 2012, 04:56:28 AM »
Moved ;)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:42:14 AM by PPlys »
Why can't I pick the winning team?