Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 9 "It's Speedo Time (Brussels, Belgium)"  (Read 94803 times)

Offline JillianVP

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 19 EP 9 "It's Speedo Time (Brussels, Belgium)"
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2011, 05:43:22 PM »
Did anyone else besides me notice in the Promo 2 video that Bill and Cathi aren't shown in any frames with the other racers when they are all 'tanning'?  You can see the pillar with the candelabra on it in the scene of Bill and Cathi getting tanned that appears to be the same one behind the crowd of other racers but they're not there.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2011, 05:57:19 PM »
So with teams being spotted at the Atomium on the 6th July and then Atlanta on the 10th July, it seems very unlikely that we have time for a second Belgium leg and a Panama leg in between.

I think its pretty clear what we have instead. Teams will make their way to Parc Elisabeth (guess) on the afternoon of the 6th only to be told to keep racing. This will send them out to Ghent and potentially Lommel for Leg 10 before coming back to the Atomium for the true Pit Stop. They started counting TBC legs separately as of last season, so I'm betting that's what we have here in Belgium.

Already covered the second Belgium leg question yesterday!   :tup:

I know the promo said the "Amazing Race Express" goes from Denmark to Germany to Belgium but I think they self drive into Hamburg Germany from Legoland. 

It's not a train from Denmark.   :knuckles:

Can I ask why you think they are self driving to Hamburg?  I've been looking back at tweets and such, and saw no info.  Is this a hunch, or based on spottings, or possibly based on train schedules?  Thanks in advance :)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2011, 07:06:58 PM »
I think I have your answer. The rail/bus connections from Billund to Hamburg require these connections:
Vejle
Fredericia
Kolding

Those take a along time. It is not that far from Billund to Hamburg by car, only 154 miles, so that could explain why teams are self-driving: it makes good sense.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2011, 07:25:31 PM »
And we had promo shots of Hamburg's Train Station.  That would not make air if it was just a stop.  The place where Ernie & Cindy dropped their ticket was Hamburg's station.

Somebody already got it, the overnight ride they take is:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2011, 12:39:57 AM »
I can't wait to see the rating numbers for this episode, who knows how many people turn up to see the racers in bikinis and speedos  :lol3:

If those numbers are really high, I wonder how CBS is going to react? maybe ordering a fully nude challenge in the next season  :groan:

nah, I'm kidding  B:)
Bring on the 21!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2011, 12:48:58 AM »
The problem this week was that many people take the whole week off for Thanksgiving in the U.S. and travel this weekend to avoid the outbound rush, and then return Friday or Saturday to beat the inbound rush.

Gas at over $3 a gallon? Higher airfares than a year ago? Won't stop most of them.

So it is hard to say what the numbers will look like on the overnights.
-- theschnauzers

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2011, 01:23:00 AM »
IF the Detour is performed by Amani & Marcus at 10.10 PM, I don't think it's a TBC if Ernie & Cindy have a confessional at night in the Atomium.

I mean, if they were told to keep racing, go to Ghent, complete tasks and get back to Brussells' Atomium for a Pitstop next leg, definitely it wouldn't be at night.

Definitely, it was 10.10 AM. :lol3:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2011, 11:47:01 AM »
Did anyone mention this? The Hans Christian Andersen quote was on an "amazing" plaque...

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: November 21, 2011, 11:53:06 AM »
Did anyone else notice the cluebox in Hamburg? First cluebox of the race?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2011, 11:57:01 AM »
Who said the title? I didn't catch it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2011, 12:58:37 PM »
Did anyone mention this? The Hans Christian Andersen quote was on an "amazing" plaque...

Wow...it isn't really there??  :colors
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2011, 12:59:41 PM »

It was unseen...but either Andy or Tommy as they went into the dressing room, sounded more like Andy but :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2011, 01:10:39 PM »

It was unseen...but either Andy or Tommy as they went into the dressing room, sounded more like Andy but :duno:
Can't someone in this group do voice analysis to determine the correct answer?  ;)

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2011, 06:40:13 PM »
Pretty sure it was Tommy.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: November 22, 2011, 12:37:02 AM »
Quote from: eddieshi1
btw the speedo posing this past leg was indeed a detour even though cbs didnt portray it that way.
Yep.  :tup:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2011, 09:34:17 AM »
I think CBS made a mistake in not specifying this task as a Detour on-air. Some of the racers were clearly not comfortable with the skimpy outfits, and if the viewers were under the impression that the contestants basically had no choice but to go through with the task, it could put the show in a bad light. But if everyone knew that teams had been offered another option, it would seem less like they were 'forced' into it.

In fact, I'm surprised that everyone chose this side of the Detour. Do we have any idea what the other was?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2011, 09:52:53 AM »
I think CBS made a mistake in not specifying this task as a Detour on-air. Some of the racers were clearly not comfortable with the skimpy outfits, and if the viewers were under the impression that the contestants basically had no choice but to go through with the task, it could put the show in a bad light. But if everyone knew that teams had been offered another option, it would seem less like they were 'forced' into it.

In fact, I'm surprised that everyone chose this side of the Detour. Do we have any idea what the other was?

Brussel sprouts?
Bristles from Brussels?
Missles in Brussels?
Bustles in Brussels?
Tussles in Brussels?
Minuses and Pluses in Brussels?
Crushes in Brussels?
Busses in Brussels?
Fusses in Brussels?
Dr. Suess's in Brussels?

Your guessels about Brussels are as good as mine. :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2011, 09:53:40 AM »
:lol3: You're funny Plaidmoon
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2011, 11:46:41 AM »
Wonder what the other option for the Detour was?  Must have been bad if everyone chose to do the Speedo option.

Belle Book

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2011, 03:11:21 PM »

Brussel sprouts?
Bristles from Brussels?
Missles in Brussels?
Bustles in Brussels?
Tussles in Brussels?
Crushes in Brussels?
Busses in Brussels?
Fusses in Brussels?
Dr. Suess's in Brussels?

I really like either Brussels sprouts or Mussels in Brussels as the DETOUR. However, the most famous food in all of Belgium and particularly Brussels is in fact pommes frites (AKA French fries or Freedom fries) with the most delicious mayonnaise on top you could ever imagine. So those 3 are all too positive to have been chosen. However, a treasured but not as favorite food in Brussels is eels in green sauce. It's unbelievably delicious, but teams might have had some qualms about an eating challenge because World Race Productions has been known to pile the quantities on to ridiculous levels in food challenges.

Maybe after at least one of the current top 5 teams is eliminated we will get the answer to this mystery question!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2011, 05:21:08 PM »
The Amazing Race - Coming Soon
Check back at 12am ET/9pm PT to watch clips from tonight's Roadblock!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2169831017/the-amazing-race-coming-soon
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2011, 05:23:28 PM »
That's a cute avie Loverocked!

Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »
That's a cute avie Loverocked!

Thanks!!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2011, 06:42:52 PM »

Brussel sprouts?
Bristles from Brussels?
Missles in Brussels?
Bustles in Brussels?
Tussles in Brussels?
Crushes in Brussels?
Busses in Brussels?
Fusses in Brussels?
Dr. Suess's in Brussels?

I really like either Brussels sprouts or Mussels in Brussels as the DETOUR. However, the most famous food in all of Belgium and particularly Brussels is in fact pommes frites (AKA French fries or Freedom fries) with the most delicious mayonnaise on top you could ever imagine. So those 3 are all too positive to have been chosen. However, a treasured but not as favorite food in Brussels is eels in green sauce. It's unbelievably delicious, but teams might have had some qualms about an eating challenge because World Race Productions has been known to pile the quantities on to ridiculous levels in food challenges.

Maybe after at least one of the current top 5 teams is eliminated we will get the answer to this mystery question!

I thought French Fries are from France?  :lol: :lol:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2011, 07:13:16 PM »
They are, but the best pommes frites come from Belgium. Just ask anyone in Europe who travels around the European Union. Or better yet, go to Brussels and taste them for yourself.