Author Topic: Amazing Race 20 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! **read post 1**  (Read 84559 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race 20 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! **read post 1**
« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2012, 09:55:24 PM »
Sorry, I thought I had answered this. The pictures were taken at LAX, not on 12/2.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Andy!
« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2012, 09:56:24 PM »
Sorry, I thought I had answered this. The pictures were taken at LAX, not on 12/2.

Hmm. Thanks for clearing up!  :<3
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2012, 02:10:58 PM »
Another confirmation for Bueons Aires:

http://www.brittanyandtriton.com/?p=568

Our flight from South America to Africa was a long and interesting one. We ran into the cast and crew of the TV show “The Amazing Race” leaving Buenos Aires.

The title of the website is misleading "Arriving in Africa: 48 Hours in Nairobi Kenya" however teams were seen in Buenos Aries not Nairobi.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:35:36 PM by Leafsfan »
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2012, 02:25:18 PM »
Another confirmation for Bueons Aires:

http://www.brittanyandtriton.com/?p=568

Our flight from South America to Africa was a long and interesting one. We ran into the cast and crew of the TV show “The Amazing Race” leaving Buenos Aires.

The title of the website is misleading "Arriving in Africa: 48 Hours in Nairobi Kenya" however the above is what
we are looking for.

wait kenya is connect remeber tar5

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2012, 03:24:10 PM »
Well that didn't take long. :groan:

NO zach...they were seen in BA. The blogger was on the way to Nairobi...NOT the teams.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: January 30, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »
Well that didn't take long. :groan:

NO zach...they were seen in BA. The blogger was on the way to Nairobi...NOT the teams.

:lol3:
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: January 30, 2012, 08:43:11 PM »
Here's a sighting in Buenos Aires from a blog that I've been sitting on for a few weeks because I was hoping the bloggers could be contacted for more information. I was hinting about this one a few days ago in the speculation and discussion thread. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear at this point that they are going to respond, so I'm going to go ahead and post it.

http://derekandtess.blogspot.com/

As we arrived at the Recoletta Cemetery, Derek spotted camera crews and in no time we spotted Phil, the presenter of The Amazing Race ( one of my favourite shows ever!) It was so exciting! After our wander around the cemetery we spotted a couple contestants being interviewed for the show and heard one of the girls complain about the 18 hour bus ride they had just had to endure! We laughed – we’d definitely been there and done that!

At this point, the main bit of information is the 18 hour bus ride. I did some checking back then and the bus schedules showed the ride from Salta to Buenos Aires was an 18 - 20 hour trip. I tried to do it now and didn't have much luck getting working links, so this information is coming from my memory.

The blog also had a picture of Phil and about a half dozen other people huddled around a camera. It's interesting, but it doesn't provide much information about the race. However, if you ever wanted to see a good look at one of the cameras they use, this is your chance.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #257 on: January 30, 2012, 08:48:28 PM »
Interesting, it looks like the camera operator is using one of those things that is a vest with an arm sticking out that holds the camera. He wouldn't want to have to run around holding all of that stuff otherwise!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: January 30, 2012, 08:52:54 PM »
Interesting, it looks like the camera operator is using one of those things that is a vest with an arm sticking out that holds the camera. He wouldn't want to have to run around holding all of that stuff otherwise!

I'm thinking this isn't the gear that the cameramen following the teams use. This most likely is the gear that gets used at the pit stops and at roadblocks and detours when they can get set up in one area and don't have to worry about running around chasing people.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #259 on: January 30, 2012, 09:46:41 PM »
Guys and their HiDef toys.... :lol3:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2012, 01:38:47 PM »
I was just looking at this pic from Paraguay again and saw it from maybe a different way. I'm thinking that the red is Phil and the greeter, the blue is Ralph/Vanessa, and the purple is the twins.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:58:39 PM by Prophet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2012, 01:50:26 PM »
I agree.

Adding... who is in  the blue box? ???

The question is...are Vanessa/Ralph waiting their turn? Are there other teams behind? Or could they have just stepped off the mat?

All unknowns....

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »
Light blue box seems like a cameraman and some onlookers.

I think it is one of those situations where two teams have arrived at once and Phil checking them in at once. It would be odd to have one of them eliminated when they are that close together, in an early leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #263 on: February 14, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »
Light blue box seems like a cameraman and some onlookers.

I think it is one of those situations where two teams have arrived at once and Phil checking them in at once. It would be odd to have one of them eliminated when they are that close together, in an early leg.

If the second team we see is last, they could be being eliminated, close or not. We just don't know.

Custom Search