Surprised by the lack of Arya Stark in this premiere episode...
I seriously thought that one of the first scenes this season was going to be Arya arriving in Braavos (because of the GoT S4 finale) but apparently that was not the case.
Interesting things that happened (in Spoiler Tags in case you did not see the GoT S5 premiere yet:
- The prologue shows a flashback of a younger Cersei asking a witch three questions:
-- She first asks if she would marry the prince. The witch answers no, Cersei would instead marry the king.
-- The second question is if they would have children. The witch answers saying that the king would have 20 children, and Cersei would have 3. (A lot of bastards... This is Game of Thrones, no surprises here.
-- The third question is if she would be queen for a long time. The witch answered no. She said that a younger, more beautiful woman would take her place.
- The unsullied knock down the statue (I think it's called a harpy, not sure) on top of the pyramid in Mereen)
- In Mereen, one of the unsullied is murdered while in a brothel. Daenerys orders Grey Worm to find those responsible for the murder.
- In Pentos, Varys convinced Tyrion to travel to Mereen to support Daenerys... whoa
- Near the Wall, Stannis tries to convince Jon Snow to convince Mance Rayder (the King beyond the Wall) to "bend the knee" (swear loyalty to Stannis), so that Stannis can use the wildlings to fight for him.
- Mance Ryder refused and was then burned to death (although Jon Snow did shoot an arrow at him in his heart while he was burning).
Read in the GoT wikia that she will appear in the next episode