Author Topic: TAR 20 Media  (Read 54156 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 20 Media
« on: November 06, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
This is the place to add any TAR 20 media, news, articles, or press releases!

Please to remember to credit the source by providing the link to the media!  :tup:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:10:29 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 20 Media
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 09:29:51 PM »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 08:54:09 AM »
Interesting article! Is RFF really a "stalking site"? Andy Denhart thinks so but I would call it a"freedom of information act" site. Most interesting is "The site’s moderator had a cameo this season because of a contestant’s lost passport." This was only on the Internet and in the New York Times as far as I know. Did one of our moderators actually get televised and we all missed it? How would that be possible, particularly since it looked to me that World Race Productions was doing everything possible to not give RFF any shout-out on camera for the passport incident resolution?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 08:56:19 AM »
The text of the tweet shown on air I believe came from peach. She wasn't credited but if you recognized it you could tell.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 09:10:12 AM »
Peach was described as the uberfan, but it was my twitter handle that was visible on screen.
Unfortunately, no lost passports in LA this season.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 04:39:31 PM »
RFF got credited with having pictures of the Brenchel couple at LAX in a column in the Orange County Register.

http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/season-329478-watcher-sing.html

I believe this columnist has reported on our activities in the past.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 08:02:42 AM »
Phil:

Meanwhile, Amazing Race fans will be interested to know he recently wrapped taping of the next season -- the 20th -- which he (natch) promises will be full of twists and turns. It premieres Feb. 19 (details here).

They did it super fast in these budget-crunching times (22 days, which is shorter than in the past). "It was insane," he says. "It's like (throwing) a new party in a new country every day" -- lots of last-minute arrangements and changes. Plus, with a lot of popular, easy-to-reach spots already used, "we're going to out-of-the-way places ... it's getting harder from a production standpoint."

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinations/dispatches/post/2012/01/amazing-race-host-is-biking-in-bermuda-/602322/1

Heee...I count 24.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 08:17:53 AM »
Phil:

Meanwhile, Amazing Race fans will be interested to know he recently wrapped taping of the next season -- the 20th -- which he (natch) promises will be full of twists and turns. It premieres Feb. 19 (details here).

They did it super fast in these budget-crunching times (22 days, which is shorter than in the past). "It was insane," he says. "It's like (throwing) a new party in a new country every day" -- lots of last-minute arrangements and changes. Plus, with a lot of popular, easy-to-reach spots already used, "we're going to out-of-the-way places ... it's getting harder from a production standpoint."

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinations/dispatches/post/2012/01/amazing-race-host-is-biking-in-bermuda-/602322/1

Heee...I count 24.

what so that mean these season short that might mean it 11 leg

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 05:49:45 PM »
ZBC, I don't think it means 11 legs necessarily at all. It does suggest that the no rest legs are becoming even more of a staple, and suggests that the "out of the way" places are making it even harder for them to be spotted during filming.
-- theschnauzers

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 06:30:19 PM »
ZBC, I don't think it means 11 legs necessarily at all. It does suggest that the no rest legs are becoming even more of a staple, and suggests that the "out of the way" places are making it even harder for them to be spotted during filming.

the show is probably getting tired of being spoiled..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »
Naw....they love us!! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 06:40:30 PM »
I honestly don't think producers are bothered at all about location spoilers. The only spoilers they absolutely do NOT want released are anything that gives away the race results. And I don't think the spoilability of a location would ever affect their choice of race route.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 06:42:48 PM »
Production might mind about locations, but I love Phil's comment best. See my sig. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 07:26:02 PM »
Production might mind about locations, but I love Phil's comment best. See my sig. :)

I missed your sig. I was so dense that I never made a connection between your Gone With The Wind quotes and  the final leg of TAR 19 being in Atlanta.  :colors  :groan:

I'd say that Production isn't too happy if we spoil locations, but I think they are really unhappy if we spoil how teams do.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »
CBS aired a "The Amazing Race 20" promo during the first quarter of the AFC Championship Game this afternoon. First time I've seen them refer to a season by number in the promo in a long, long time.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 02:37:10 PM »
CBS aired a "The Amazing Race 20" promo during the first quarter of the AFC Championship Game this afternoon. First time I've seen them refer to a season by number in the promo in a long, long time.

Ahh, I'm watching the game right now but we get stuck with our rubbish English ads! Was there any footage from the season or was it just a teaser?

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 03:01:10 PM »
There were a few quick footage clips. I didn't get a good look at it though, sadly. Hopefully, CBS will show it again during the game.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 03:37:53 PM »
I am watching the game but I missed it :(
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 05:40:21 PM »
If someone can watch CBS from 7-9 tonight we will try to snag it! Give us a time if you spot it!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 12:22:38 AM »
First Promo!!  :hearts:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K3HJFerz0Y4?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K3HJFerz0Y4?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 12:25:44 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 09:26:28 AM »
Are any of the scenes new? I don't recall the ultra light plane and I don't recognize one or two of the teams. With my memory, that doesn't mean much though.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 10:52:19 AM »
is team going reavled today

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 12:01:16 PM »
is team going reavled today
My guess has been possibly this week or maybe next week, but I'd be very surprised if CBS waits that long.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 12:47:58 PM »
Are any of the scenes new? I don't recall the ultra light plane and I don't recognize one or two of the teams. With my memory, that doesn't mean much though.

All the scenes look to be from previous seasons, I believe the plane is from season 11 or 16.
I can verify that neither AR11 or AR16 had an ultralight plane. AR16 did have World War I triplanes.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 01:57:59 PM »
Then what season is it from?

It was Season 12, Leg 7, where one team member had to fly over the fields of Tuscany to find the word 'Vinci'.