Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 146055 times)

Offline NoluckBoston

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1050 on: April 25, 2012, 05:22:20 PM »
I wonder if the Producers created this Fast Forward on the fly. I am thinking Mark and Bopper are many hours behind everyone else.  Production might be thinking that Rachel and Vanessa won't want to shave their heads. This would leave Mark and Bopper, the last team who is eligible, to take the FF.

By creating this FF  production can do a few things.
Mark and Bopper could finish closer to the pack, either staying in the race or just shy of it. That would keep production close together. Perhaps even save on costs. Production would not be lingering around for hours at detours and road blocks for them. This might help with keeping the pace of production.
Or If one of the ladies do decide to shave their head, it would make for awesome television.

Could be a win/ win for everyone.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1051 on: April 25, 2012, 05:24:48 PM »
I don't know if production would make up a task that's not in The Book. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1052 on: April 25, 2012, 06:11:59 PM »
Here is a quote from theschnauzers about how production cannot manipulate the game.

Just a quick comment in all of the speculation.  Tasks are not changed at the last moment to favor teams; the elimination points are not changed, i.e., a non-elimination leg remains a non-elimination leg. I don't know if it is still being done, but in the early seasons, it was mentioned that production actually prepared a sworn affidavit, prior to the start of filming,of the tasks that would be used and at what point so as to avoid claims that tasks were changed on the spot to favor any team.
The affidavit, as I understood what was mentioned at the time, also included the backup tasks or legs in case of problems at any point in the race. There's absolutely no way a last minute change in location or tasks can be made without some advance preparation (local production crew and extras) so it can be executed and keep filming on track.
It irritates me to no end when there's a suggestion such as changing a task or an elimination point to favor keeping a particular team in the race. Among other things, since TAR is legally considered under US law to be a game show, it is required to comply with federal law that prohibits manipulation of the game elements to favor or not favor particular teams.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1053 on: April 25, 2012, 06:45:36 PM »
Yeah, it's all in The Book :lol: :tup:

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1054 on: April 25, 2012, 10:54:35 PM »
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1055 on: April 27, 2012, 06:16:58 AM »
I'd read an info on wikipedia that there are 10 countries that will visit on TAR 20, Japan is the 10th one and so which Asian country will be the 9th one?  Could be in Thailand or China, again?! :groan:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1056 on: April 27, 2012, 06:37:48 AM »
I'd read an info on wikipedia that there are 10 countries that will visit on TAR 20, Japan is the 10th one and so which Asian country will be the 9th one?  Could be in Thailand or China, again?! :groan:

How does the wikipedia user that added this know that again? There is no time for more countries because there are only two more weeks of broadcast.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1057 on: April 27, 2012, 06:42:47 AM »

How does the wikipedia user that added this know that again? There is no time for more countries because there are only two more weeks of broadcast.

These are the 10 countries that this race went to (not including transport stopovers)

1. United States
2. Argentina
3. Paraguay
4. Italy
5. Austria (teams picked up their cars in Austria and drove to Germany)
6. Germany
7. Azerbaijan
8. Tanzania
9. India
10. Japan

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1058 on: April 29, 2012, 04:13:24 PM »
The possibility exists that Osaka is a TBC "keep on racing" leg. Or else they have the shortest PitStop ever. :lol: (Which could be, I think last season's was < 8 hours.)

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26553.msg747166.html#msg747166
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1059 on: April 29, 2012, 05:39:46 PM »
The possibility exists that Osaka is a TBC "keep on racing" leg. Or else they have the shortest PitStop ever. :lol: (Which could be, I think last season's was < 8 hours.)

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26553.msg747166.html#msg747166
It's 7 hours for Moscow II in AR13 before flying out to Portland.

Online Kandace

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1060 on: April 30, 2012, 01:27:03 AM »
Is there any idea on what a final memory task could be(if there is one?)

I was thinking either
A) Clue boxes(it would have made TAR19 Better)
B) Food (Empanadas, Water, Watermelon, Salami, gingerbread, apples, ? , honey?, sushi etc)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Andy!
« Reply #1061 on: April 30, 2012, 01:30:32 AM »
I like the food idea , we have lot's of them . But Watermelon , Salami , Gingerbread , Apples are parts of Detour .

Brenchel didn't saw the Apples , Davechel didn't saw Salami , Gingerbread or Apples , neither Art/JJ . So it's harder for them to remember...
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1062 on: April 30, 2012, 02:58:52 AM »
just wanted to say this, since we're coming close to the finish of TAR20, this has been a GREAT season regardless of what happens in the final two legs  :conf:  :wohoo:  :hearts:

could this be the closest finish since TAR2?!?!!?  :groan:  :duno:

Offline mandk

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1063 on: April 30, 2012, 03:18:41 AM »
Regarding the finish line, in the preview i counted 7 teams (meaning 4 were missing)  :duno: so what do you all think about the possibility of it being a final 4 in the US?  :lol:

or, someone may have got seriously injured and didnt make the finish line.  :(

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1064 on: April 30, 2012, 06:42:44 AM »
Regarding the finish line, in the preview i counted 7 teams (meaning 4 were missing)  :duno: so what do you all think about the possibility of it being a final 4 in the US?  :lol:

Interesting, Zev and Justin were at the finish line in TAR18. Maybe this confirms peach's KRL theory?

Offline Parovic

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1065 on: April 30, 2012, 06:52:09 AM »
It is a little bit strange that 4 teams can race to the finish line...
But I do think that the 4th team may be fall behind a lot so that they do not appear in the finish line
Also,I think the team who don't do the roadblock,may not be Dave and Rachel,as they have same experience and they learn a lesson in Paraguay leg.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #1066 on: April 30, 2012, 07:12:30 AM »

Interesting, Zev and Justin were at the finish line in TAR18. Maybe this confirms peach's KRL theory?

What was wrong with Zev & Justin in TAR18?  :duno:
TARAS DVD SOON PLEASE!

Offline NoluckBoston

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1067 on: April 30, 2012, 07:14:01 AM »

I was thinking either
B) Food (Empanadas, Water, Watermelon, Salami, gingerbread, apples, ? , honey?, sushi etc)

And the ginger from this past leg.

But as someone else pointed out, It would be real hard to remember the order if you did not do that detour.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1068 on: April 30, 2012, 07:28:07 AM »

I was thinking either

Maybe just a generic memory task like the TAR 14 surfboards :duno:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1069 on: April 30, 2012, 08:55:12 AM »

Mandk,
My opinion is that there is a 0.001% probability that your theory will hold up. Amazing Races do finish in the United States, but last I looked Hawaii qualifies as part of the US and there has been an Amazing Race finish in Hawaii before, AR14 in Maui.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1070 on: April 30, 2012, 08:59:17 AM »

I was thinking either

Maybe just a generic memory task like the TAR 14 surfboards :duno:

Like the flags in TAR9, or the posts in TAR16, or the videowall in TAR17.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1071 on: April 30, 2012, 08:59:33 AM »
That stretch of shoreline on the eastern coast of Oahu is not full of civilization, so the probability is that teams could go running through to that beach from one of 2 places:

1. a parking lot
2. the site of a task such as a memory challenge

I hope they did use a memory challenge, as it is a classier way to finish any Amazing Race.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:30:26 PM by apskip »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1072 on: April 30, 2012, 09:15:17 AM »
It is a little bit strange that 4 teams can race to the finish line...
But I do think that the 4th team may be fall behind a lot so that they do not appear in the finish line
Also,I think the team who don't do the roadblock,may not be Dave and Rachel,as they have same experience and they learn a lesson in Paraguay leg.

Like Joe & Bill in Season 1, ¿remember?.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1073 on: April 30, 2012, 09:20:39 AM »

Probably a pre-shot done before the decoy team arrived.

Offline mandk

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1074 on: April 30, 2012, 09:34:29 AM »
apskip,
sorry about me being vague  :groan: what i meant was that what if they did one last twist this season and told the last team in Japan that they are to keep racing, therefore having 4 teams compete for the million dollars in hawaii.

As for decoy teams, i think u are all right about it but im kind of surprised that there would be only 1 decoy team  :duno:

Custom Search