Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 142338 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1025 on: April 22, 2012, 12:46:32 PM »
This picture is taken 13 minutes after the one with the mystery team: http://www.flickr.com/photos/78286753@N00/6540491345/

All of the other Brenchel pics are taken later than that.

If the time stamps on the photos are correct it means the mystery team (Dave and Rachel) reached the roof first followed by Brenchel with Art and JJ in third.  It also means Brenchel spent almost 50 minutes on the roof.  Long prep times or rooftop challenge?

That may or may not be true. From the  the photos we know the following:

1) The timestamps on photos of mystery team (Dave & Rachel?) gives us the best evidence that they were the first to start ascending the cables.

2) Mystery team had one member severely lagging the lead member on the ascent (having covered less than half the distance up the building while the lead member was almost at the top).

3) In the same set of photos, team Brenchel was seen almost at the top of the building just 16 minutes later.

4) Team Brenchel was the only team that the same photographer captured descending the building.

Based on point #2 above, plus point # 3... fact that team Brenchel both were at the top just 16 minutes after the lagging partner of mystery team still had more than half way to go, when combined with point #4, I think it's likely that team Brenchel overtook mystery team on the way up the building and was the first team to both reach the top , and therefore the first team to start descending.

The only thing that doesn't compute in this scenario is that the timestamps of team Brenchel descending are 50 minutes after they were almost at the top while ascending. Why the almost one hour delay between the near end of the ascension and the beginning of the descension?  But on the other hand, why no pictures of the mystery team descending if they were the first team to do so?

I wonder if the photographer could give us more details. I noticed that on the photographer's flicker account page there is button to "send flickrmail" to him. Does anyone here who has a flickr account want to try to "flickrmail" him to see if he can provide more details of what he saw that day?
Brenchel overtaking Dave/Rachel would be awesome! I really hope you're right!It seems possible to me.

I think that Flickr user has been badgered enough, perhaps we should leave him alone.

Besides this, ya'll are putting way too much weight into this one task. :lol: I would speculate that it's the first task.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1026 on: April 22, 2012, 12:50:51 PM »
I hope that this head shaving Fast Forward turns out to be true, not necessarily because I love head-shaving FFs (I do like them :lol: ) but because having three FFs on a single race would be a dream come true!!! :)

There were SEVEN fast forwards used in season 4 and six in seasons 2 and 3 and five in season 1 :lol3: That was back when they put way too many of them.

Offline Kandace

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Ditto
« Reply #1027 on: April 22, 2012, 01:35:12 PM »
If it WAS Brenchel who did the FF, wouldn't it have been noticeable in her recent pics(I believe there was a pic of them when they returned from TAR?)
I don't deserve the treatment that I'm getting

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1028 on: April 22, 2012, 02:32:36 PM »
We don't know IF there is another FF. or IF there is a head shaving task.

But CBS is trying very hard to make us believe B/M are in trouble...

SO IF there were to be a head shaving task, agree 100% that:

D/R and Art/JJ not eligible
No way Vanessa or Rachel R would/did

So ...the field would be wide open for B/M to go for it!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:11:26 PM by georgiapeach »
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1029 on: April 22, 2012, 08:34:52 PM »
So I am thinking that maybe that is Mopper's speed bump. They could get the speed bump clue before they can open the Detour decision which has the FF in it.

This is like leg 7 though since the locations are so close.  Mopper will probably never see another team.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1030 on: April 22, 2012, 08:42:04 PM »
As I mentioned in the live show discussion thread, it does look like it is a fast forward, and if so, it will be the first ff task to appear in three different races, and in the same country. While it isn't clear in the preview tonight, the two prior FFs with head shaving required both team members to have their heads shaved. Always possible this is a different task (detour or roadblock) until we see the clue for this task.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1031 on: April 22, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »
As I mentioned in the live show discussion thread, it does look like it is a fast forward, and if so, it will be the first ff task to appear in three different races, and in the same country. While it isn't clear in the preview tonight, the two prior FFs with head shaving required both team members to have their heads shaved. Always possible this is a different task (detour or roadblock) until we see the clue for this task.

Not to mention multiple international versions have also had that Fast Forward.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Best FF Ever!
« Reply #1032 on: April 22, 2012, 08:46:01 PM »

Not to mention multiple international versions have also had that Fast Forward.
It's better than the haybales IMO :P
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1033 on: April 22, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »
I really don't see any way on earth it is a roadblock. We can see that the final 3 teams have hair in the pics. It could be a really cruel Detour I guess.

Offline kungfuwomn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1034 on: April 23, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »
Bopper called into the rad reality show last night (by the way great show check it out if you can) he was on with past KY TAR racers Gary/Mallory and Dave & Mary great show.Well Bopper accidently said he and Mark were going to be on the Talk on May 5th i believe before Mary kind of shushed him,he knew he wasnt supposed to tell.Which if their going to do national show that means they were probably eliminated right before that because i dont think the show ends at that time but i could be wrong?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1035 on: April 23, 2012, 03:03:41 PM »
That's the day before the two hour finale. :tup:

Is The Talk on Saturdays? ???

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1036 on: April 23, 2012, 03:41:03 PM »
Well, the final elimination won't be aired until the 6th as part of the finale, but it could also mean the segment is going to be pre-taped for The View on the 5th.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TAR Fanatic

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1037 on: April 23, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »
I heard this also last night and deliberately didn't post it because Bopper immediately regretted letting the cat out of the bag. CBS had told him not to announce this. Mark got upset and called in to shush Bopper. The date being given here is incorrect. I think the mods should remove that post and all others on the topic because I don't want to see Bopper getting in trouble.

Drawing the conclusion that this appearance means they're eliminated next is a big stretch also because they could just as easily be promoting the show. Marcus and Amani were on The Talk before they were eliminated. Bopper and Mark are popular just like Marcus and Amani were, so I'm not surprised that they were asked to be on The Talk.
Doing my part to preserve a fragile existence

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Welcome to the cloneverse.
« Reply #1038 on: April 23, 2012, 04:52:49 PM »
I heard this also last night and deliberately didn't post it because Bopper immediately regretted letting the cat out of the bag. CBS had told him not to announce this. Mark got upset and called in to shush Bopper. The date being given here is incorrect. I think the mods should remove that post and all others on the topic because I don't want to see Bopper getting in trouble.

Drawing the conclusion that this appearance means they're eliminated next is a big stretch also because they could just as easily be promoting the show. Marcus and Amani were on The Talk before they were eliminated. Bopper and Mark are popular just like Marcus and Amani were, so I'm not surprised that they were asked to be on The Talk.

Which elimination?  Marcus and Amani reach the F3 last season. 
Unless you were saying that they appeared on The Talk before they finished in 3rd. place in the final of TAR19. :tup:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:12:26 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Paldog

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • US Winter Olympic Team - Sochi 2014 - Go America!
« Reply #1039 on: April 23, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »
Also, Andy and Tommy appeared on The Talk in the middle of season 19, WAY before their elimination.
"I've heard her called a quitter for leaving, an aimless wanderer. But not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition; beyond definition; beyond the image." ― Mona Lisa Smile

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1040 on: April 23, 2012, 04:58:26 PM »
Why would any logical person (Prophet as a thinking person is excepted here) not assume that Mark and Bopper are about to be eliminated, starting at least one hour behind on a linear leg where there is unlikely to be any bunching and also having a SpeedBump to slow them down?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1041 on: April 23, 2012, 05:14:34 PM »
apskip, I think that many people are assuming that Mark and Bopper will take the head shaving fast forward since it is unlikely that any other team will and they will feel that they need to in order to survive. This is very possible and I also tend to think that there could be a bunching point in order to give each team a chance to go for the fast forward and avoid a predictable leg like episode 7.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1042 on: April 23, 2012, 05:20:46 PM »
Why would any logical person (Prophet as a thinking person is excepted here) not assume that Mark and Bopper are about to be eliminated, starting at least one hour behind on a linear leg where there is unlikely to be any bunching and also having a SpeedBump to slow them down?

I think, the same as you, that the "time" factor is the most important in the next leg of the race. 
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1043 on: April 23, 2012, 06:15:56 PM »
I agree, Andy and Tommy, and Marcus and Amani were all on THe Talk well BEFORE their eliminations/final 3 finish, so wouldn't worry too much about this except as a way of confirming that this is one popular team!

There may be a FF, and the other team at risk may have a medical emergency. Anything remains a possibility!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1044 on: April 23, 2012, 08:22:45 PM »
And it is important to emphasize the hair clippers in the preview may not be part of a fast forward even though the task's past history would suggest that it is. It is possible that it is a detour of some sort, and we won't know for sure without more information.
-- theschnauzers

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1045 on: April 23, 2012, 10:04:10 PM »
If it WAS Brenchel who did the FF, wouldn't it have been noticeable in her recent pics(I believe there was a pic of them when they returned from TAR?)

YES! and i cant seem to find the picture.  a fan had their picture taken with the two of them at charlotte airport here in nc where i live...rachel's family is also from here.

btw rachel had hair in that picture. 

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1046 on: April 23, 2012, 10:44:15 PM »
I have a feeling Mark and Bopper are way, way, behind. So far behind in fact, that if they do get to go for the Fast Forward (assuming there is one), it might not be enough. And it is possible that the Fast Forward won't be available for them until after the Speed Bump. Dave and Rachel not only finished the roadblock ahead of the other teams, they finished the detour ahead of the other teams, and I suspect before any of the other teams reached the detour.
While we can't conclude logically that Mark and Bopper are eliminated this leg based on what we've seen so far from CBS, I seriously doubt they'll win the leg. There's also a suspicion in my mind that we may see a team fall seriously behind on the leg in Japan, and I'm wondering if this may possibly explain the two-hour finale, rather than two separate episodes. It hasn't happened in a long time for a fourth place team, but the way this season keeps giving us callbacks to earlier seasons, it wouldn't surprise me at this point.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Paldog

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • US Winter Olympic Team - Sochi 2014 - Go America!
« Reply #1047 on: April 23, 2012, 10:56:04 PM »
I have a feeling Mark and Bopper are way, way, behind. So far behind in fact, that if they do get to go for the Fast Forward (assuming there is one), it might not be enough. And it is possible that the Fast Forward won't be available for them until after the Speed Bump. Dave and Rachel not only finished the roadblock ahead of the other teams, they finished the detour ahead of the other teams, and I suspect before any of the other teams reached the detour.
While we can't conclude logically that Mark and Bopper are eliminated this leg based on what we've seen so far from CBS, I seriously doubt they'll win the leg. There's also a suspicion in my mind that we may see a team fall seriously behind on the leg in Japan, and I'm wondering if this may possibly explain the two-hour finale, rather than two separate episodes. It hasn't happened in a long time for a fourth place team, but the way this season keeps giving us callbacks to earlier seasons, it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

I agree. Not that I am saying they will be eliminated, I still think, even if they win the FF, they won't get first. Like Dennis and Andrew in TAR 3, who won the FF but were so far behind they were eliminated.
"I've heard her called a quitter for leaving, an aimless wanderer. But not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition; beyond definition; beyond the image." ― Mona Lisa Smile

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1048 on: April 23, 2012, 11:17:37 PM »

Unfinished Business had it this way with the Brazil and Keys legs, I think it's just because of the schedule, with the awards taking one week.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1049 on: April 23, 2012, 11:52:13 PM »

Are you saying the same way than Joe and Bill in TAR1? Or similar to Nick and Vicki in TAR17 with the 6 hours penalty after they didn't complete the Detour in the Hong Kong leg?

Custom Search