Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 373152 times)

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #525 on: December 29, 2011, 11:47:28 AM »
Generally speaking if the teams were in Japan for Leg 11, they must of speant several legs in other nearby asian countries, which is why people haven't heard or seen anything as of yet. If teams wern't in China, they likely went to somewhere like Cambodia, Laos? Indonesia? Singapore? Taiwan? The general direction of this race seems to be in a right ----> direction accross the map, especially since they were spotted in Hawaii. Somewhere like South Korea wouldn't surprise me either as a leg destination.

By the way, no evidence to back this up, but I think leg 10 was probably a Japan leg too, especially as the place is expensive to film in, they'd likely want to get as much out of being in Japan as possible.

I think probably

Leg 10 - Unknown Asian country to Japan
Leg 11 - Japan
Leg 12 - Japan - > Hawaii - > United States(mainland)

In my opinion.

This race didn't finish in Hawaii did it?

Probly they were still in Japan prior to Osaka. Maybe in Sendai. I figure TAR could be doing like charity to the Japan earthquake.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #526 on: December 29, 2011, 01:55:31 PM »
can't wait for 19th February..!!  :cmas16 :cmas20 :cmas26 :kisses :xmas146 :cmas9  :cmas27 :cmas14
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Cheesefeet

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #527 on: December 29, 2011, 04:16:31 PM »
This is really off topic but the last couple hours I have been looking back at the season 19 live sightings and contestant speculation it is fun to see some of the pictures we got and compare it to the race we got to watch on TV.  The Amazing Race is the best show on TV.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #528 on: December 31, 2011, 08:03:26 PM »
This person has a longer history on twitter, so it passes the initial test.

KristenRoaming Kristen
Amazing Race is in Salta!! So cool!
7 minutes ago

Salta is in Northern Argentina in the foothills of the Andes and is Argentina's 8th largest city with about 475,000 people. This one intrigues me. According to her blog, Kristen is on a two month trip (so far) across South America.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

JPClement78 Jean-Pierre Clement
Durant mon trajet, ŕ Salta plus précisément, j'ai rencontré les caméras de l'émission américaine The Amazing Race.
13 minutes ago

Which Google translates to:

During my trip to Salta specifically, I met the cameras of the American show The Amazing Race.

He also sent this:

Je suis un fan de cet émission, quel coincidence de les rencontrer durant mon voyahe... Parlant de The Amazing Race, je dois regarder...

translation:

I'm a fan of this show, what a coincidence to meet them during my voyahe ... Speaking of The Amazing Race, I have

Speaking about Bridlewood Winery for starting line, can we assume that somewhat related to the first destination (just like previous season Hsi Lai Temple-->Taiwan).. Maybe some Haciendas or other wineries in South America regions??

Speaking about Bridlewood Winery for starting line, can we assume that somewhat related to the first destination (just like previous season Hsi Lai Temple-->Taiwan).. Maybe some Haciendas or other wineries in South America regions??

That's an interesting one. Argentina is famed for its wine, and it is produced mainly in the West so this is definitely a possibility.

The hypothesis that there could be a relationship between Bridalwood Wineries and Argentinian wine sounds more than plausible to me. I was shocked to discover that Argentina is the 5th largest wine producing country in the world, quite a bit larger than Chile. The primary wine regions of Argentina are Mendoza, San Juan and Catamarca/Jujuy/Salta. Where did we hear rumors of an Amazing Race visit early in AR20? SALTA!

Dom el, time to update the timeline.  my sources tell me that "unknown, argentina" is salta, argentina.

JUST 1 More evidence to make it Legit 100% : PICTUREEESSS!!!   :cmaslol
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #529 on: January 01, 2012, 04:16:16 AM »

Durant mon trajet, ŕ Salta plus précisément, j'ai rencontré les caméras de l'émission américaine The Amazing Race.
13 minutes ago

Which Google translates to:

During my trip to Salta specifically, I met the cameras of the American show The Amazing Race.

He also sent this:

Je suis un fan de cet émission, quel coincidence de les rencontrer durant mon voyahe... Parlant de The Amazing Race, je dois regarder...

translation:

I'm a fan of this show, what a coincidence to meet them during my voyahe ... Speaking of The Amazing Race, I have

I don't put much faith in this report. Early in the race we were getting some suspicious tweets that seemed to be written to fool us. This looks like one of them to me. It came in a few hours after the one from KristenRoaming (which I think is probably a real sighting, though as far I know she has never responded to requests for more information). JPClement78 made 7 or 8 tweets on November 30th and has never made another tweet either before or after that date. That seems strange to me.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:36:35 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #530 on: January 01, 2012, 07:03:38 PM »
Quote from: eddieshi1 on December 30, 2011, 11:51:40 PM
Dom el, time to update the timeline.  my sources tell me that "unknown, argentina" is salta, argentina.

I'm kinda curious about "my source" that eddieshi1 said on above post...

Besides, I looked through some flickr and picasaweb photos of Salta.. some interesting stuff to do other than the wineries (possibly first destination), and Cable car attraction... but no found of suspicous image of TAR there.. :(

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #531 on: January 02, 2012, 12:29:46 PM »

Besides, I looked through some flickr and picasaweb photos of Salta.. some interesting stuff to do other than the wineries (possibly first destination), and Cable car attraction... but no found of suspicous image of TAR there.. :(

I do have to question the "my source" as well. I don't exactly trust sources unless they have something to back it up. However, Salta does look good and has at least one solid tweet to back it up, as well as a connection to the starting line.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #532 on: January 04, 2012, 08:29:24 AM »
Osaka is awesome!!!!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #533 on: January 04, 2012, 11:51:29 PM »

I do have to question the "my source" as well. I don't exactly trust sources unless they have something to back it up. However, Salta does look good and has at least one solid tweet to back it up, as well as a connection to the starting line.

i cannot and will not disclose my source, but i 100% trust this source.  this is the same source that provided the spoilers i provided in season 19.

addie

« Reply #534 on: January 05, 2012, 05:35:33 AM »
Salta is  :hrt:
I've been there, same as Buenos Aires.

DavidJunior

« Reply #535 on: January 13, 2012, 01:57:10 PM »
I forget where on these boards, but people were speculating that there were two legs in Japan...

I personally believe different for two reasons:

a.) They've had a recent trend (S17 onwards) to have the penultimate leg held somewhere (relatively) close to the finale location, where they would have to travel a decent amount of distance from their previous location instead of having two legs in one city/country.  This was the case in S17 (Hong Kong to South Korea, South Korea to L.A.), S18 (Switzerland to Brazil, Brazil to Miami), S19 (Belgium to Panama, Panama to Atlanta)
b.) They have never had two legs in Japan... EVER.  S9 only had one leg, same with S12, S15, and S18.  Even the international versions that went there have only spent one leg (TARA, TARI).

So, I think that the penultimate leg was in Osaka, and the leg before that was somewhere in South/Southeast Asia.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #536 on: January 13, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »
Japan enexpenives

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #537 on: January 13, 2012, 11:37:20 PM »
nvm
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:41:12 PM by DecliveBL »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #538 on: January 14, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
Team in the picture (ricoleta) seems to be a FF.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #539 on: January 14, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »
Why do you say that Declive? I don't believe we have any evidence for that.. ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #540 on: January 14, 2012, 07:43:24 PM »
Why do you say that Declive? I don't believe we have any evidence for that.. ???

FF = Female Female

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #541 on: January 14, 2012, 08:24:29 PM »
Oh, I thought you meant FF=Fast Forward!! :lol:

That pic is of Dave and Racel we believe. The greeter is a female though.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #542 on: January 18, 2012, 05:21:41 AM »
I was just having a look over the wonderful pictures taken by Ricardo Cabral at the Recoleta Pit Stop and I noticed this one that I don't think was posted:

Its a Maradona impersonator! And I'll bet anything that he'll be lining up alongside Phil at the mat!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #543 on: January 18, 2012, 05:30:01 AM »
I was just having a look over the wonderful pictures taken by Ricardo Cabral at the Recoleta Pit Stop and I noticed this one that I don't think was posted:

Its a Maradona impersonator! And I'll bet anything that he'll be lining up alongside Phil at the mat!

:yess:  *fingers-crossed* that he is one of the greeters..!!!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #544 on: January 18, 2012, 11:56:44 AM »

This is the Maradona imitator from the center of Buenos Aires,he is ALWAYS there,everybody takes pictures with him and give him some coins. I have a picture with him,he is famous,years working on that.I lost the picture but i have,for sure  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #545 on: January 18, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »
I must have looked at that a 100 times and never thought "greeter"...good pickup!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #546 on: January 18, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »
Based on today's announcement of the Survivor:One World cast, and with TAR premiering the weekend after Survivor's midweek start, I'd be looking for a cast announcement either late this week or sometime next week (the last week of January, which is what I've suggested before.) Just an FYI.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #547 on: January 18, 2012, 07:42:34 PM »

This is the Maradona imitator from the center of Buenos Aires,he is ALWAYS there,everybody takes pictures with him and give him some coins. I have a picture with him,he is famous,years working on that.I lost the picture but i have,for sure  :lol:

I've looked at that picture a few times. I almost posted it but after looking it over, I decided it didn't show anything useful except possibly some equipment in the background.  :duno:

It occurred to me that the guy might be Maradona himself, but after googling up a few pictures of Maradona today, I concluded the guy was too young and not fat enough. I did think the Argentine National Team colors of the shirt was a bit unusual. It never crossed my mind that he might be a Maradona impersonator. I just figured it was a guy having fun kicking a ball around on the lawn.

Next time I'll post what appears to be a marginal picture like that and let everyone look and see if they spot anything.  Good work, zapp and Declive!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #548 on: January 20, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »
This guy is always very nice to everybody there. WHERE THE HELL ARE MY PICTURE WITH HIM???  :'(

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #549 on: January 23, 2012, 06:19:01 PM »

I will spec the above air ballons have something to do with the Starting Line task?

or else its just a decoration...  :lol: