December 19, 2014, 04:59:34 PM

Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 147695 times)

addie

Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #600 on: January 05, 2012, 05:35:33 AM »
Salta is  :hrt:
I've been there, same as Buenos Aires.

DavidJunior

« Reply #601 on: January 13, 2012, 01:57:10 PM »
I forget where on these boards, but people were speculating that there were two legs in Japan...

I personally believe different for two reasons:

a.) They've had a recent trend (S17 onwards) to have the penultimate leg held somewhere (relatively) close to the finale location, where they would have to travel a decent amount of distance from their previous location instead of having two legs in one city/country.  This was the case in S17 (Hong Kong to South Korea, South Korea to L.A.), S18 (Switzerland to Brazil, Brazil to Miami), S19 (Belgium to Panama, Panama to Atlanta)
b.) They have never had two legs in Japan... EVER.  S9 only had one leg, same with S12, S15, and S18.  Even the international versions that went there have only spent one leg (TARA, TARI).

So, I think that the penultimate leg was in Osaka, and the leg before that was somewhere in South/Southeast Asia.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #602 on: January 13, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »
Japan enexpenives

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Ashamed of being brazilian.
« Reply #603 on: January 13, 2012, 11:37:20 PM »
nvm
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:41:12 PM by DecliveBL »
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #604 on: January 14, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
Team in the picture (ricoleta) seems to be a FF.
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #605 on: January 14, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »
Why do you say that Declive? I don't believe we have any evidence for that.. ???
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #606 on: January 14, 2012, 07:43:24 PM »
Why do you say that Declive? I don't believe we have any evidence for that.. ???

FF = Female Female

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #607 on: January 14, 2012, 08:24:29 PM »
Oh, I thought you meant FF=Fast Forward!! :lol:

That pic is of Dave and Racel we believe. The greeter is a female though.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #608 on: January 18, 2012, 05:21:41 AM »
I was just having a look over the wonderful pictures taken by Ricardo Cabral at the Recoleta Pit Stop and I noticed this one that I don't think was posted:

Its a Maradona impersonator! And I'll bet anything that he'll be lining up alongside Phil at the mat!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #609 on: January 18, 2012, 05:30:01 AM »
I was just having a look over the wonderful pictures taken by Ricardo Cabral at the Recoleta Pit Stop and I noticed this one that I don't think was posted:

Its a Maradona impersonator! And I'll bet anything that he'll be lining up alongside Phil at the mat!

:yess:  *fingers-crossed* that he is one of the greeters..!!!
Don't ever put {hashtag} '#amazingrace' if you don't want to be chased by RFF's TAR Detectives 8)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #610 on: January 18, 2012, 11:56:44 AM »

This is the Maradona imitator from the center of Buenos Aires,he is ALWAYS there,everybody takes pictures with him and give him some coins. I have a picture with him,he is famous,years working on that.I lost the picture but i have,for sure  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #611 on: January 18, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »
I must have looked at that a 100 times and never thought "greeter"...good pickup!!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #612 on: January 18, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »
Based on today's announcement of the Survivor:One World cast, and with TAR premiering the weekend after Survivor's midweek start, I'd be looking for a cast announcement either late this week or sometime next week (the last week of January, which is what I've suggested before.) Just an FYI.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #613 on: January 18, 2012, 07:42:34 PM »

This is the Maradona imitator from the center of Buenos Aires,he is ALWAYS there,everybody takes pictures with him and give him some coins. I have a picture with him,he is famous,years working on that.I lost the picture but i have,for sure  :lol:

I've looked at that picture a few times. I almost posted it but after looking it over, I decided it didn't show anything useful except possibly some equipment in the background.  :duno:

It occurred to me that the guy might be Maradona himself, but after googling up a few pictures of Maradona today, I concluded the guy was too young and not fat enough. I did think the Argentine National Team colors of the shirt was a bit unusual. It never crossed my mind that he might be a Maradona impersonator. I just figured it was a guy having fun kicking a ball around on the lawn.

Next time I'll post what appears to be a marginal picture like that and let everyone look and see if they spot anything.  Good work, zapp and Declive!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #614 on: January 20, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »
This guy is always very nice to everybody there. WHERE THE HELL ARE MY PICTURE WITH HIM???  :'(

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #615 on: January 23, 2012, 06:19:01 PM »

I will spec the above air ballons have something to do with the Starting Line task?

or else its just a decoration...  :lol:
Don't ever put {hashtag} '#amazingrace' if you don't want to be chased by RFF's TAR Detectives 8)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #616 on: January 23, 2012, 10:22:33 PM »
Re: the yellow and red balloons.
(First hand knowledge, btw) I can't remember who at the moment, but there is a business in both the wine country of California and the Champagne region of France that conducts hot air balloon tours of the wineries in each location. (It's been going on since the late 1970s; and last time I ever checked the same business was also doing this in Kenya (as a hot air balloon safari). It's quite possible there is a similar business in the wine region of Argentina, as there's a active ballooning community in Argentina as well.)
That may explain the why of the balloons and how they're connecting it to the first destination. And it's the sort of things TPTB would do isn't it?
And it might be a way of seeing if there's anything we can find via googling that can narrow down the first destination. Yes, it's speculation, but there really isn;t a lot to go with this time around is there?
-- theschnauzers

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #617 on: January 23, 2012, 10:29:54 PM »
(First hand knowledge, btw) I can't remember who at the moment, but there is a business in both the wine country of California and the Champagne region of France that conducts hot air balloon tours of the wineries in each location. (It's been going on since the late 1970s; and last time I ever checked the same business was also doing this in Kenya (as a hot air balloon safari). It's quite possible there is a similar business in the wine region of Argentina, as there's a active ballooning community in Argentina as well.)
That may explain the why of the balloons and how they're connecting it to the first destination. And it's the sort of things TPTB would do isn't it?
And it might be a way of seeing if there's anything we can find via googling that can narrow down the first destination. Yes, it's speculation, but there really isn;t a lot to go with this time around is there?

Is this (http://www.globosaerostaticos.com/htms/garuda-en/home.html anything that can help? Patagonia?
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #618 on: January 23, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »
Ooooh i saw some ballons when i went there last year!! Close to La Plata !!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #619 on: January 23, 2012, 10:34:38 PM »
 :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: We found a destination here,i think
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:38:46 PM by Declive »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Missing Apskip :(
« Reply #620 on: January 23, 2012, 10:39:57 PM »
I suspect the zorb-sized Red and Yellow hot air balloons hold the first clue.  Teams must pull the balloons down using the attachment ropes.  It looks like about 30 pounds of lifting force.  So muscular teams will have an advantage in doing the work. 

11 teams in the lineup.  About 200 balloons.  And only 11 valid clues up in the air.

The time-of-day for the line up is late afternoon.
Documenting her Race Around the World:  Wild Eyes
Our children, what are they going to amount to?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #621 on: January 23, 2012, 10:42:12 PM »
I suspect the zorb-sized Red and Yellow hot air balloons hold the first clue.  Teams must pull the balloons down using the attachment ropes.  It looks like about 30 pounds of lifting force.  So muscular teams will have an advantage in doing the work. 

11 teams in the lineup.  About 200 balloons.  And only 11 valid clues up in the air.

The time-of-day for the line up is late afternoon.

Cool starting line task actually

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #622 on: January 23, 2012, 11:06:31 PM »

Is this (http://www.globosaerostaticos.com/htms/garuda-en/home.html anything that can help? Patagonia?

What you want to look for is a business that specifically flies charter hot air balloon flights over the wine vineyards  in Argentina...and those web sites may be in Spanish (which I do not speak). I can't tell from that link if this company specifically does that in the right areas of Argentina. That company btw uses one of the oldest and best known manned balloon manufacturers who originated in the UK.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #623 on: January 24, 2012, 02:18:52 AM »

What you want to look for is a business that specifically flies charter hot air balloon flights over the wine vineyards  in Argentina...and those web sites may be in Spanish (which I do not speak). I can't tell from that link if this company specifically does that in the right areas of Argentina. That company btw uses one of the oldest and best known manned balloon manufacturers who originated in the UK.

Try this one for Mendoza region: http://www.thegrapevine-winetours.com/hot-air-balloon-flight.asp

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #624 on: January 24, 2012, 11:56:22 AM »
I checked the page and there is a link to the Salta area, and links to other areas of Argentina where they operate balloon flights over the vineyards and olive groves.  (And with the spoiler we had during filming of this season also going to Italy, if you ask me, this may be worth further exploration.)
-- theschnauzers

Custom Search