Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 373855 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2011, 02:50:24 PM »
If TAR 20 did start in the Santa Barbara area, one site that jumps out to me immediately as a scenic and photogenic starting location is the Santa Barbara Mission (http://santabarbaramission.org/). It's considered the most beautiful of the Spanish Missions built in California. Less likely would be Hearst Castle (http://www.hearstcastle.org/) ( the massive estate that William Randolph Hearst built in 1920s-1940s) and the town of Solvang (http://www.solvangusa.com/ - sort of a mock up of a Danish village). Hearst Castle is fabulous, but it's about 150 miles up the coast from Santa Barbara (230 miles from Los Angeles) and that would be a really long drive from there to LAX. Solvang is about 30 to 40 miles up the coast and I really don't think it's special enough to make the cut for TAR. I looked around on sites for all three places and couldn't find any indication that any of them were closed yesterday. However, they are all busy tourist attractions, so it seems likely that we would have seen some tweets in they were filming there.

Hearst Castle and Solvang are both a long way from LAX. Santa Barbara is about 100 miles and a straight shot down freeways. Your logic on distances is sound, plaidmoon. It isn't going to be either Hearst Castle or Solvang.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:53:53 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2011, 03:23:51 PM »
Let me offer some pure spec. The assumption that some have been making that teams would transfer to AA961 to go to Buenos Aires is probably not correct. that flight left at 1109 and is scheduled to arrive at 2139 (which I think is 739pm EST). However, there was an earlier flight from MIA EZE AR303 which left at 0900 arriving EZE 2018. That difference of 1 hour 21 minutes is crucial because there is a flight PZ700 from AEP (the other major Buenos Aires airport on the other side of the city center) leaving at 2210 arriving Asuncion 2359. That is a possible connection as teams will not have checked baggage, but they will have to hustle to make it. 

Paraguay has never been a host site for any Amazing Race leg. It is time to add it to the list of visited sites.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2011, 04:49:55 PM »
When Brendon was evicted from the house for the second time he did say it was his "reality tv retirement" so for him to come back months later would be hypocritical.

LMAO Almost everything that came out of the mans mouth was hypocritical!  Not looking forward to this Brenchel Drama at all!  Gonna be a lot of whining and bitching going on! LOL

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2011, 04:51:24 PM »
When Brendon was evicted from the house for the second time he did say it was his "reality tv retirement" so for him to come back months later would be hypocritical.

LMAO Almost everything that came out of the mans mouth was hypocritical!  Not looking forward to this Brenchel Drama at all!  Gonna be a lot of whining and bitching going on! LOL

I love brenchel, sometimes they have some redeeming moments but the rest of the time they provide a good laugh. I am excited see them on TAR, they are a tough physical force.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2011, 04:52:23 PM »
TPTB are already justified in letting them onto the show...Twitter is in an uproar. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2011, 05:06:37 PM »
I don't actually like them, but am kind of looking forward to seeing them race. I am confident they will bring drama and a "love-hate" dynamic to the next season, and I feel that is what is missing from this season...all the teams just are too normal, no fighting, no drama. Great comedy though, and don't get me wrong I am really enjoying the 19th installment, but I am hopeful that we can have some good casting (whether there are some recruitments or not). I also hope at least 2 or 3 of the selected teams are actual applying fans, that is at least some consolation. We do need some real cracking teams though, I prefer drama really. Also, lets bring the race down a notch, I'd love to see editing be a tad less frantic, but I'm not sure if the race will ever reach TAR 1,3,5,7 or even 10, standard again. 17 and 18 were wonderful though really!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »
Buh-rennan we need to get on the plane before all these fuh-loaters do!
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2011, 05:23:12 PM »
OHHHHHHH-MAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-GOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD, HAAAAAA-HAAAAAA-HAAAAAA-HAAAA

Oh lord, I am having nightmares already!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2011, 05:28:01 PM »
I have reopened the Bitch, Moan, And Squeal thread. Feel free to do the I love's and I hate's over there....and NOT in the Spec /Spoiler threads. Thanks!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26538.new.html#new
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2011, 05:32:55 PM »
Buh-rennan we need to get on the plane before all these fuh-loaters do!

:lol3:  :lol:  :lol3:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2011, 05:44:46 PM »
I have reopened the Bitch, Moan, And Squeal thread. Feel free to do the I love's and I hate's over there....and NOT in the Spec /Spoiler threads. Thanks!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26538.new.html#new

Thanks Peach, was hanging out for that thread :) Now with this new flight information, it seems possible Asuncion, Paraguay may be our first stop? Also, I wonder if Chateau our friend, managed to grace LAX this time?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2011, 05:49:37 PM »
I have NO reason to trust the Ascuncion Info as I have said and some to not....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2011, 05:51:43 PM »
And in reply, do we have ANY information relating to their layover in Miami, FL. Do we know what flight they then boarded thereafter. Am searching Twitter to no avail...still getting over the possibility that they might have been coming to Auckland, NZ. I was getting giddy  :neener: :iok

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2011, 05:57:05 PM »
If TAR 20 did start in the Santa Barbara area, one site that jumps out to me immediately as a scenic and photogenic starting location is the Santa Barbara Mission (http://santabarbaramission.org/). It's considered the most beautiful of the Spanish Missions built in California. Less likely would be Hearst Castle (http://www.hearstcastle.org/) ( the massive estate that William Randolph Hearst built in 1920s-1940s) and the town of Solvang (http://www.solvangusa.com/ - sort of a mock up of a Danish village). Hearst Castle is fabulous, but it's about 150 miles up the coast from Santa Barbara (230 miles from Los Angeles) and that would be a really long drive from there to LAX. Solvang is about 30 to 40 miles up the coast and I really don't think it's special enough to make the cut for TAR. I looked around on sites for all three places and couldn't find any indication that any of them were closed yesterday. However, they are all busy tourist attractions, so it seems likely that we would have seen some tweets in they were filming there.

I love Solvang!  Been there a couple times!

I haven't been to Solvang in 25 or 30 years and didn't do much more than stop for as meal on the drive to Los Angeles. I remember liking the place and thinking I should go back for a longer stop sometime, but I never did. Like Apskip, I think starting there would be a long shot.

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »

too bad...i'd luv to go to the airport 2nite n wait 4 them  :'(
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2011, 06:12:38 PM »

too bad...i'd luv to go to the airport 2nite n wait 4 them  :'(

Check your PM'S. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2011, 10:51:41 PM »
Based on flights the only route that seems to work is going to Buenos Aires EZE:

Group 1 (the one we have pictures of at terminal 4):

AA 276 LAX MIA 10:55 pm landing at 6:40 am
AR 1303 MIA EZE 9:00 am landing at 7:50 pm

Group 2:

AM 469 LAX MEX 11:25 pm landing at 4:55 am
AM 30 MEX EZE 8:30 am landing at 8:50 pm
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2011, 10:53:23 PM »
Thanks! Docol has been at Asuncion all eve, NO teams arrived there.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2011, 10:56:03 PM »
Well guys...i did my best to try to spot teams at the Asuncion Airport...unfortunely, noting came! here's a shot at the airport

What i did notice, is that the PZ700 flight arrived 40 minutes early....anyways, here are the flights that arrived while i was there:

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2011, 11:05:09 PM »
CAN THIS MEAN ANYTHING....??? FOUND IT ON FB:

Jim Ries Hmmmm China, or New Zealand OR Australia?
3 hours ago · Like

Jim Ries I do know one thing...AMERICAN AIRLINES!!
2 hours ago · Like

Jim Ries Miami? Honolulu?

Offline bear

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2011, 12:34:20 AM »

And this is the man who said he's in such a big hurry to complete his PH D and he's going to find the cure for cancer.  What a joke, guess would rather keep playing games.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2011, 12:46:01 AM »
Many US colleges have a schedule where classes for the fall semester ends in late November/early December, and the new semester starts in mid-January.

Its hard to know if Brendon took classes this semester or not, but if he had to wait until January to return to classes anyhow, then Brendon isn't missing any more class time by racing on TAR. And if he's only having to work on a thesis on his PhD, then he wouldn't be missing class time, either.

What concerns me about Rachel is the stress factor. I don't think people would say she handled stress well on either of her seasons of Big Brother, especially when she was in the house without Brendon. On the other hand, Brendon appears to be much better able to handle stress, so I think he'll handle killer fatigue quite well.

How well they can navigate and communicate with locals will be interesting to watch. That's not a required skill set they need for Big Brother.
-- theschnauzers

Offline alittlebird

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2011, 02:41:06 PM »
A million dollars would pay off school loans, med school, and a lot of research.  I guess taking 4 weeks out of your schedule to try for it couldn't hurt.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2011, 03:00:40 PM »
So am I, does anyone know ANYTHING about where they are/have been/ are going?...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2011, 03:00:49 PM »
My assumption was that they performed a leg in Buenos Aires which had to have been completed before Phil did his live chat on Twitter during TAR last night.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.