Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 211457 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2011, 11:46:32 AM »
Don't trust Peru yet, we have nothing but tweets from brand new twits. :res:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2011, 11:49:42 AM »
might be final we see Machu Picchu

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #PAPAYA
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2011, 11:51:08 AM »
Don't trust Peru yet, we have nothing but tweets from brand new twits. :res:

I don't trust it 100%, I'm only supposing it could be right.

In case it was not right, would we have ALL teams flying together from the LAX to Buenos Aires in the same planes?

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2011, 11:52:35 AM »
Looking at the map with routes above, I would guess leg 1 is either in Bolivia (La Paz, Cochamba, or Santa Cruz) or Paraguay (Asuncion) is reachable from both Lima and Buenos Aires.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2011, 12:12:22 PM »
Well in past season there are usually 2 flights. One having the advantage. Since American Airlines is a sponsor they are, or one of their partners,   have the best flight. Its possible the teams actually split up on the two different flights in Miami, and we wont see that on TV.  What we might see are "two flights" departing LAX at different times, when in reality we will know it was Miami.

So Teams could be transiting through Lima to get to the real first leg. Just as other teams are transiting through Buenos Aires.

Or we are being lead a stray. :P

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »
If TAR 20 did start in the Santa Barbara area, one site that jumps out to me immediately as a scenic and photogenic starting location is the Santa Barbara Mission (http://santabarbaramission.org/). It's considered the most beautiful of the Spanish Missions built in California. Less likely would be Hearst Castle (http://www.hearstcastle.org/) ( the massive estate that William Randolph Hearst built in 1920s-1940s) and the town of Solvang (http://www.solvangusa.com/ - sort of a mock up of a Danish village). Hearst Castle is fabulous, but it's about 150 miles up the coast from Santa Barbara (230 miles from Los Angeles) and that would be a really long drive from there to LAX. Solvang is about 30 to 40 miles up the coast and I really don't think it's special enough to make the cut for TAR. I looked around on sites for all three places and couldn't find any indication that any of them were closed yesterday. However, they are all busy tourist attractions, so it seems likely that we would have seen some tweets in they were filming there.

I love Solvang!  Been there a couple times!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2011, 02:35:01 PM »
I think It's start location before going to airport. I'm not sure.

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2011, 02:36:55 PM »
It looks like Phil is responding to someone suggesting that the Race go to Vanuatu.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2011, 02:44:20 PM »
Thing is there is no way to know if they were just walking by there.

True, but if you look at a map of LAX, they'd have to walk a very long way to get there if they were in any other terminal. And to be honest, production probably isn't too keen on them wandering around the entire airport. I think its safe to say that this team are departing from Terminal 4.

American Airlines, American Eagle and Qantas all fly out of terminal 4

I flew Qantas this summer to Australia and back from New Zealand. To quote from the website for Qantas at LAX, "Check-in now opens at 2pm for evening Qantas departures from both Tom Bradley International Terminal and American Airlines Terminal 4." I can state with certainty that Qantas operates out of Bradley International Terminal as well as Terminal 4. 

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:01:53 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2011, 02:50:24 PM »
If TAR 20 did start in the Santa Barbara area, one site that jumps out to me immediately as a scenic and photogenic starting location is the Santa Barbara Mission (http://santabarbaramission.org/). It's considered the most beautiful of the Spanish Missions built in California. Less likely would be Hearst Castle (http://www.hearstcastle.org/) ( the massive estate that William Randolph Hearst built in 1920s-1940s) and the town of Solvang (http://www.solvangusa.com/ - sort of a mock up of a Danish village). Hearst Castle is fabulous, but it's about 150 miles up the coast from Santa Barbara (230 miles from Los Angeles) and that would be a really long drive from there to LAX. Solvang is about 30 to 40 miles up the coast and I really don't think it's special enough to make the cut for TAR. I looked around on sites for all three places and couldn't find any indication that any of them were closed yesterday. However, they are all busy tourist attractions, so it seems likely that we would have seen some tweets in they were filming there.

Hearst Castle and Solvang are both a long way from LAX. Santa Barbara is about 100 miles and a straight shot down freeways. Your logic on distances is sound, plaidmoon. It isn't going to be either Hearst Castle or Solvang.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:53:53 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2011, 03:23:51 PM »
Let me offer some pure spec. The assumption that some have been making that teams would transfer to AA961 to go to Buenos Aires is probably not correct. that flight left at 1109 and is scheduled to arrive at 2139 (which I think is 739pm EST). However, there was an earlier flight from MIA EZE AR303 which left at 0900 arriving EZE 2018. That difference of 1 hour 21 minutes is crucial because there is a flight PZ700 from AEP (the other major Buenos Aires airport on the other side of the city center) leaving at 2210 arriving Asuncion 2359. That is a possible connection as teams will not have checked baggage, but they will have to hustle to make it. 

Paraguay has never been a host site for any Amazing Race leg. It is time to add it to the list of visited sites.

Offline Leafsfan

• Secret Agent Man
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2011, 03:58:10 PM »
When Brendon was evicted from the house for the second time he did say it was his "reality tv retirement" so for him to come back months later would be hypocritical.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2011, 04:49:55 PM »
When Brendon was evicted from the house for the second time he did say it was his "reality tv retirement" so for him to come back months later would be hypocritical.

LMAO Almost everything that came out of the mans mouth was hypocritical!  Not looking forward to this Brenchel Drama at all!  Gonna be a lot of whining and bitching going on! LOL

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2011, 04:51:24 PM »

LMAO Almost everything that came out of the mans mouth was hypocritical!  Not looking forward to this Brenchel Drama at all!  Gonna be a lot of whining and bitching going on! LOL

I love brenchel, sometimes they have some redeeming moments but the rest of the time they provide a good laugh. I am excited see them on TAR, they are a tough physical force.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2011, 04:52:23 PM »
TPTB are already justified in letting them onto the show...Twitter is in an uproar. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Still trucking along.
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2011, 05:06:37 PM »
I don't actually like them, but am kind of looking forward to seeing them race. I am confident they will bring drama and a "love-hate" dynamic to the next season, and I feel that is what is missing from this season...all the teams just are too normal, no fighting, no drama. Great comedy though, and don't get me wrong I am really enjoying the 19th installment, but I am hopeful that we can have some good casting (whether there are some recruitments or not). I also hope at least 2 or 3 of the selected teams are actual applying fans, that is at least some consolation. We do need some real cracking teams though, I prefer drama really. Also, lets bring the race down a notch, I'd love to see editing be a tad less frantic, but I'm not sure if the race will ever reach TAR 1,3,5,7 or even 10, standard again. 17 and 18 were wonderful though really!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams' - 'To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »
Buh-rennan we need to get on the plane before all these fuh-loaters do!
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Still trucking along.
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2011, 05:23:12 PM »
OHHHHHHH-MAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-GOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD, HAAAAAA-HAAAAAA-HAAAAAA-HAAAA

Oh lord, I am having nightmares already!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams' - 'To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2011, 05:28:01 PM »
I have reopened the Bitch, Moan, And Squeal thread. Feel free to do the I love's and I hate's over there....and NOT in the Spec /Spoiler threads. Thanks!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26538.new.html#new
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2011, 05:32:55 PM »
Buh-rennan we need to get on the plane before all these fuh-loaters do!

:lol3:  :lol:  :lol3:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Still trucking along.
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2011, 05:44:46 PM »
I have reopened the Bitch, Moan, And Squeal thread. Feel free to do the I love's and I hate's over there....and NOT in the Spec /Spoiler threads. Thanks!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26538.new.html#new

Thanks Peach, was hanging out for that thread :) Now with this new flight information, it seems possible Asuncion, Paraguay may be our first stop? Also, I wonder if Chateau our friend, managed to grace LAX this time?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2011, 05:49:37 PM »
I have NO reason to trust the Ascuncion Info as I have said and some to not....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Still trucking along.
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2011, 05:51:43 PM »
And in reply, do we have ANY information relating to their layover in Miami, FL. Do we know what flight they then boarded thereafter. Am searching Twitter to no avail...still getting over the possibility that they might have been coming to Auckland, NZ. I was getting giddy  :neener: :iok

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2011, 05:57:05 PM »

I love Solvang!  Been there a couple times!

I haven't been to Solvang in 25 or 30 years and didn't do much more than stop for as meal on the drive to Los Angeles. I remember liking the place and thinking I should go back for a longer stop sometime, but I never did. Like Apskip, I think starting there would be a long shot.

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 30...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »
I have NO reason to trust the Ascuncion Info as I have said and some to not....

too bad...i'd luv to go to the airport 2nite n wait 4 them  :'(
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Custom Search