Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 143141 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Best FF Ever!
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #925 on: April 17, 2012, 04:52:52 PM »
Question: what are the chances of one of the India legs being a KRL (Keep Racing Leg)?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Golden Ball.
« Reply #926 on: April 17, 2012, 04:59:45 PM »
Question: what are the chances of one of the India legs being a KRL (Keep Racing Leg)?

Cochin is VERY close from Kerala , i just realized that.
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #927 on: April 17, 2012, 05:15:24 PM »

You completely misinterpreted the question. KRL = Keep racing leg not Kerala. Kerala is a state, in which Cochin is a city, sort of like Chicago is a city in Illinois.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Golden Ball.
« Reply #928 on: April 17, 2012, 05:18:43 PM »
 :groan:
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #929 on: April 17, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »

Pretty good I would think.

We need one more leg to have a team not eliminated.

So Cochin would be a good placement choice for a NEL or a TBC/KRL.

India 2 would then be an elimination, either V/R or Mark/Bopper go.

Japan would then also be an elim with the other of those two teams going.

Leaving us our known final 3.

"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #930 on: April 17, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
Another is US Army Barracks at Hickam Field.

There may be barracks at Hickam, but Schofield Barracks is Army, Hickam is Air Force, Pearl Harbor is Navy, though Hickam and Pearl Harbor have recently been designated a joint base.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #931 on: April 17, 2012, 08:54:09 PM »
Hickam and Pearl Harbor would have more of a recognized historical reference to Americans who lived in that time or studied the period.
Some of the world-wide popular fiction of the beginnings of World War II focused more on Hickam and Pearl than Schofield. Reference: Herman Wouk's The Winds of War/War and Remembrance (novels and TV miniseries 1983-88) and the film Pearl Harbor (2001). I doubt though that Pearl would be used as a finish line because of the USS Arizona memorial, although it might be used (TAR 4 Phoenix went back the Arizona USS Arizona memorial near the state capitol headed toward the finish). Hickam, though might make sense for a secluded finish mat or for a task of some kind.

Edited to add: I meant to mention that the last new episode of Hawaii Five-O last week had a wide angle helicopter shot of the area of Oahu where the twin condo towers are located. It was obvious that they were the same place we had spoiler pics from because there was nothing else in that area with twin towers like that.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:58:14 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #932 on: April 18, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »

I doubt that there will be a KRL leg this season. Trains in India are VERY DANGEROUS at night and taxis are not safe either. More likely

a) Mark & Bopper quit the roadblock and are eliminated or NELed and then eliminated in the second leg
b) Mark & Bopper do not quit the roadblock but are last and survive for one leg thanks to an NEL and goes.
c) Or they survive and Vanessa/Ralph eliminated in India 2 and they get eliminated in Japan
d) or vice versa

than again, it's my speculation.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #933 on: April 18, 2012, 01:41:55 AM »
I would go back and look at the early season visits to India. In TAR 1 and TAR 4, teams did travel overnight on trains and in taxis, so I don't think that will be the determative factor. The show has usually done double-length legs or no length pit stops in locations where they are able to have a sufficient number of tasks for both legs, and India is certainly capable of providing such conditions. The real question is whether the overall pacing of this Race requires it, and given the single leg in Baku and the double legs in Tanzania, there's been a lot of time spent traveling long distances, so it certainly is a possibility. But I don't think we'll know until we see the episode on Sunday.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #934 on: April 18, 2012, 08:09:31 AM »

Huh! Cochin is a large city and metropolitan area in the province of Kerala. Since it is part of it, it indeed couldn't be closer.

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #935 on: April 18, 2012, 10:50:41 AM »

Huh! Cochin is a large city and metropolitan area in the province of Kerala. Since it is part of it, it indeed couldn't be closer.

:lol: He just made a simple error.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Golden Ball.
« Reply #936 on: April 18, 2012, 10:50:59 AM »
Yeah i got it wrong. My Google Earth has listed Kerala as a city , for some reason. Sorry

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #937 on: April 18, 2012, 01:22:30 PM »
No worries sweetie. :kuss: I like that you are looking!!

We need LOTS of helpers on these unspoiled legs, the more eyes the better!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Golden Ball.
« Reply #938 on: April 18, 2012, 02:02:31 PM »
Thanks Peach , you're awesome.

And people , Apskip wasn't been rude , hope you all understended that.

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #939 on: April 18, 2012, 08:47:58 PM »
How do we already know the final 3??? im not keen on going through 38 pages of spoilers! so Mark and Bopper can't win  :'(  :'(  )-**
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #941 on: April 18, 2012, 09:07:28 PM »
Final 3 pics here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26453.50.html

Thanks

isnt there still a chance that V/R or M/B make the final 3 because of the spoiler-preventing the race does? I think that i saw an interview with carol and brandy saying that they ran the first half of the season 16 finale, and then left when J/C and D/J started carrying the trunks and headed to candlestick park...

also the race has got strict on spoilers. Im being optimistic but couldn't art and jj or davechel or brenchel just be decoys? and are there any other examples of decoys in the final 3?

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #942 on: April 18, 2012, 10:04:05 PM »
Final 3 pics here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26453.50.html

I went through that thread could only find 1 team in final three :P

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #943 on: April 18, 2012, 10:11:00 PM »

Thanks

isnt there still a chance that V/R or M/B make the final 3 because of the spoiler-preventing the race does? I think that i saw an interview with carol and brandy saying that they ran the first half of the season 16 finale, and then left when J/C and D/J started carrying the trunks and headed to candlestick park...

also the race has got strict on spoilers. Im being optimistic but couldn't art and jj or davechel or brenchel just be decoys? and are there any other examples of decoys in the final 3?

Optimistic is too weak a term; wishing for the highly improbable is what you are. Yes, any of the 3 teams most people believe will be the F3 could be running decoy in the final leg. However, more than one of them doing so would be without precedent. You appear to be a Mark and Bopper fan along with a lot of other RFF members. They are not out yet, but for a variety of reasons their chances of winning are very slim. You have about 3 Sundays to get used to it.

Offline colav10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #944 on: April 18, 2012, 11:18:03 PM »
CBS has posted summaries for their upcoming season finales and The Amazing Race summary is interesting:

"SUNDAY, MAY 6

8:00-10:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE – After traveling five continents, 22 cities and nearly 40,000 miles, the series’ 20th installment concludes in a special two-hour season finale as the final four Teams race through Japan and onto Honolulu where one Team will win the $1 million prize.  Hosted by Phil Keoghan. (Two Hours)"

It certainly seems that the final team will be eliminated in Japan. Not sure if this has been mentioned yet.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #945 on: April 18, 2012, 11:54:22 PM »
Yes, that has been posted, thanks.

The actual link to the photos is here. There is also an extensive discussion of them here in the discussion thread.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26453.msg694755.html#msg694755

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #946 on: April 19, 2012, 12:34:44 AM »

Thanks

Optimistic is too weak a term; wishing for the highly improbable is what you are. Yes, any of the 3 teams most people believe will be the F3 could be running decoy in the final leg. However, more than one of them doing so would be without precedent. You appear to be a Mark and Bopper fan along with a lot of other RFF members. They are not out yet, but for a variety of reasons their chances of winning are very slim. You have about 3 Sundays to get used to it.

two. It is a two-hour finale!

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #947 on: April 19, 2012, 12:49:13 AM »

This is a cap from TAR20 intro, which I'm guessing is Hawaii, do we have a location genius that can track this exact location down?? It could be important  :duno:

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #948 on: April 19, 2012, 05:36:06 AM »

Thanks

I am a Mark and Bopper fan, no denying!  :lol:

but i am also interested in the whole decoy subject... when do teams start running decoys? how do we know if they are fake or not? do they even exist? do they run full legs or just do a few tasks? i would love the answers to these questions!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #949 on: April 19, 2012, 06:27:04 AM »
CBS has posted summaries for their upcoming season finales and The Amazing Race summary is interesting:

"SUNDAY, MAY 6

8:00-10:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE – After traveling five continents, 22 cities and nearly 40,000 miles, the series’ 20th installment concludes in a special two-hour season finale as the final four Teams race through Japan and onto Honolulu where one Team will win the $1 million prize.  Hosted by Phil Keoghan. (Two Hours)"

It certainly seems that the final team will be eliminated in Japan. Not sure if this has been mentioned yet.

They did that in season 18 as well and it caused the same confusion then. They need to work on their wording :lol:

THE FINAL FOUR TEAMS RACE THROUGH BRAZIL AND ON TO MIAMI IN THEIR PURSUIT OF THE 1 MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE, DURING THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, MAY 8
"This Is Where It Ends (Brazil and Florida)" -

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25250.msg609700.html#msg609700

Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Custom Search