Author Topic: The X Factor USA: Season 2  (Read 30337 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: The X Factor USA: Season 2
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »
Steve Jones doesn't know if he'll come back, but there may be a judge switch in the works! :yess:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/x-factor-steve-jones-season-rumors-269065

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 03:51:44 PM »
How lucky can we be? Lucky enough for me to focus on The Voice, the Sing-Off and the best one for really good singing, America's Got Talent.

I found the X-Factor forgettable earlier this season and have never watched American Idol. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 04:42:33 PM »
apskip,

No offense, but I find the X Factor to be more professional than your aforementioned shows. But that's your opinion. :)

And my American Idol days are behind me too. :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 11:47:12 PM »
I still like American Idol. :cmaslol

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 06:49:46 PM »
Are any changes in store for Season 2?
Well, a lot has been said about the process where America's votes knocks out one contestant, then the bottom two sing for survival and the judges chose who stays and who goes. In fact, at THE X FACTOR press conference on Dec. 19, a reporter asked if that process would change for Season 2 because the judges' went to deadlock so often. "Absolutely not," said Simon Cowell. "If that week had worked in the way I believe the process should have worked whereas Rachel was in the bottom, the judges actually could've saved her. The fact it went to deadlock [meant] that week the process didn't work. But if everyone had done his or her job properly that week, then this format would've worked really well. So, I'm not going to change the system. I'm just going to suggest that we do a better job when we do it in the future," he said.

What else can you tell us about Season 2?
How about this? You tell US what you'd like to see in the second season. If you have an idea for the second season, take our online fan survey to let the producers know what you liked and didn't like (and write in any suggestions you have). But, another thing being discussed, according to Paula Abdul, is that instead of the judges' each mentoring one category - Boys, Girls, Groups, Over 30s - they pick randomly out of a hat to mentor acts from each category! "So we each have one girl, one boy, one over, and one group," explained Paula. "That's actually what's being spoken about and I think the public is right on track."

The online fan survey didn't work for me. Maybe they're only accepting responses from a certain demographic now? :cmas5

Simon is guilty of the deadlock problem too. The week LeRoy went home, Simon had the option to send home Marcus or LeRoy but he decided to go to deadlock.

But the new mentoring idea is interesting. I'm not really sure on how I feel about it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 06:53:41 PM by Polaroid »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 06:52:58 PM »
Thanks for the survey Polaroid!

Random drawing is certainly an interesting idea!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 10:39:28 PM »
Are any changes in store for Season 2?
.....But if everyone had done his or her job properly that week, then this format would've worked really well. So, I'm not going to change the system. I'm just going to suggest that we do a better job when we do it in the future," he said.

What else can you tell us about Season 2?
...... "So we each have one girl, one boy, one over, and one group," explained Paula. "That's actually what's being spoken about and I think the public is right on track."

The answer that might fit in the first question is with switching judges... Choose carefully around all those stars (or well-known singers, producers) someone that really understand about the music and voice skill... So that, he/she can judge properly...

The idea in question-2 is good as well  :cmas16, maybe Paula have said that because she was overwhelmed with her big groups including all those 10-kids, which I think didn't really worked at all....  :(
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 09:01:39 PM »
Some interesting news for the show today:

The X Factor host is leaving the Fox singing competition series. “I won’t be hosting next seasons X Factor which is a shame but I cant complain as I’ve had a great time,” Jones wrote on Twitter. “Good luck to everyone on the show.”
Sources close to the show confirm Jones is exiting the program. Fox and executive producer Simon Cowell are determined to make adjustments to the series after a first season that performed solidly, but fell short of what many thought was the show’s high potential given its dominance in the UK. Critics considered the British personality Jones a likely candidate to get the boot given his reviews.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/30/steve-jones-x-factor/

:( :( :( I liked him :'( What do you think?

And:

Steve Jones isn't the only one not returning for the second season of X Factor.
I can exclusively reveal that Nicole Scherzinger has also decided not to come back.
"She wants to focus on her music career," a source said. "She's spoken to Simon [Cowell] and he's given her his blessing."
http://www.eonline.com/news/marc_malkin/more_x_factor_drama_nicole_scherzinger/290401

:yess: :yess: :yess:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »
Fox Announces the Start Date for “The X Factor” Season Two Auditions

THE X FACTOR Season Two Auditions Open Thursday, March 1

Nationwide Audition Opportunities Include

Online Auditions at www.TheXFactorUSA.com Beginning Thursday, March 1;

Open Call Auditions Starting March 14 in Kansas City, MO;

and MyStudio HD Recording Studios Across the Country

Auditions Open to Solo Artists and Vocal Groups Ages 12 and Over

Artists with Pre-existing Management Contracts Can Now Audition

THE X FACTOR is expanding its audition process to reach more singers than any talent show ever before in its search to find the best new solo artists and vocal groups in America. In addition and new for Season Two, artists with pre-existing management contracts can now audition (subject to limited restrictions).

America’s best undiscovered talent can audition for THE X FACTOR Season Two as follows:

·      Online auditions open March 1 at www.TheXFactorUSA.com;

·      MyStudio HD Recording Studios across America open March 1 (see below for details)

·      Open Calls begin March 14 in Kansas City and continue in Austin, TX (March 22); San Francisco (April 20); Greensboro, NC (May 1); and an additional city to be announced

THE X FACTOR reopens its invitation to ALL of America, ages 12 and over with no upper age limit, to audition for Season Two (subject to full eligibility requirements). This fall’s No. 1 unscripted series discovered such diverse recording artists as winner Melanie Amaro, and finalists Astro, Chris Rene, Josh Krajcik, Marcus Canty and Rachel Crow, who have all signed major deals with Sony Music.

Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid will return as judges to THE X FACTOR this fall on FOX.  Additional judges to be announced.

“We wanted to change a few things this year, so starting with the auditions, we’ve torn up the rulebook again. Even if you have management you can still enter, and we are making it easier by extending the online auditions and taking the MyStudio booths to even more cities. You can enter as many times as you want and come to any of the cities, too. We’re here to discover stars from all music styles including groups.  I really believe a group can win this show!” – Simon Cowell, judge and mentor, THE X FACTOR.

“In the music industry, when you’re looking for new talent you can discover it anywhere. THE X FACTOR is opening this up to go further than anyone has before, and that’s what it takes, so I can’t wait to see what amazing talent we might find.  I urge people to go out and audition, this is the real deal.” – L.A. Reid, judge and mentor, THE X FACTOR.

Sign up now for all audition information and audition details, including rules and eligibility requirements at www.TheXFactorUSA.com. Hopefuls should check back regularly for updated information, rules and registration forms.

Melanie Amaro was crowned THE X FACTOR Season One winner and was awarded the biggest prize in TV history, a $5 million recording contract, as well as her own iconic Pepsi commercial featuring Sir Elton John. Her album is due out later this spring.

Visit www.TheXFactorUSA.com  or www.facebook.com/TheXFactorUSA

for the Latest

THE X FACTOR News and Information

Twitter: @TheXFactorUSA

THE X FACTOR was created by Syco Television and is produced by Syco Television and FremantleMedia North America. Rob Wade and Siobhan Greene are executive producers for Syco Television. Cecile Frot-Coutaz, Richard Holloway and Andrew Llinares serve as executive producers for FremantleMedia North America.

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/02/fox-announces-the-start-date-for-the-x-factor-season-two-auditions/
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 03:44:56 PM »
Paula's not set in stone? ???

Thanks LR! :hearts:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 05:22:10 PM »
Did Paula quit or was she fired. I cannot find an article that I read last week that quoted her as saying she was leaving on her own but either way, I think it was a big mistake.

Paula Abdul fired from ‘The X Factor’ because she was too ‘soft’
January 31, 2012 8:14PM
Updated: February 8, 2012 2:25PM

While the firing of “The X Factor” host Steve Jones and judge Nicole Scherzinger was long expected, Hollywood was stunned by the news that Paula Abdul also was axed in a major shakeup of the music competition show — being called a “bloodbath” by show insiders.

Speaking of being stunned? That included Abdul, who is said to be furious about her ouster — despite issuing a statement Tuesday saying she understood “how business decisions oftentimes override personal considerations.”

Those “business decisions” included a careful analysis of the first season of “The X Factor” by show producers and the Fox network — whose research indicated Abdul was thought too “soft” to compete with the other judges and the audience “just did not connect with Nicole,” said a major Fox source.

Though both show creator Simon Cowell (who will remain as a judge with L.A. Reid) and Abdul went out of their way to indicate they remain close, sources on “The X Factor” contradict that.

The parting was “anything but amicable and there were a lot of angry words,” said a key show staff member. “I know Simon and Paula say they’re still friends, and Simon’s claiming he and Paula will again work together, but there will have to be some time for that [rift] to heal after what went down the past few days.”

Another “X” staffer said that “while Steve knew he wasn’t coming back [and] realized that sadly he just didn’t connect with the U.S. audience — everyone was stunned that Nicole thought she’d be back for the second season.

“On top of being an impossible diva to work with, so many fans really hated her — especially after her vote led to [popular young contestant] Rachel Crow being eliminated.”

† Realizing how Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler have added superstar power to his old “American Idol” show, Cowell reportedly is courting major music stars such as Beyonce and Mariah Carey as potential judges for the sophomore season of “The X Factor.”

Source
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 05:28:55 PM »
Paula Abdul Won’t Return To ‘X Factor’ In Season 2 Shakeup By Simon Cowell
By NIKKI FINKE Monday January 30, 2012 @ 7:45pm PST

Paula Abdul Leaves X Factor BREAKING… EXCLUSIVE: Today at The X Factor there was a bloodbath which just claimed its biggest name. Not only are host Steve Jones and judge Nicole Scherzinger exiting from the Fox show, but now a Simon Cowell insider just told me that his longtime friend and American Idol colleague Paula Abdul won’t be returning as an X Factor judge next season. I understand from sources that none of the three left on their own accord and that it was cleaning house day at the so-so rated reality series. It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any backlash against Simon because of Paula’s popularity.

Last April I revealed exclusively that Cowell, in addition to himself and ”L.A.” Reid, had made up his mind to bring back Paula beside him for X Factor‘s premiere season. “I missed her the second she left (Idol),” Cowell told me at the time. “Always loved working with her even though she can be a pain. I don’t know what it is about her, but I’ve always clicked with her. You just have to get that chemistry, and she’s right. I’ve never found anyone better than her.” It took several months for her contract to be pinned down as she famously held out for more money, only closing her deal hours before the first televised audition. But Abdul added star power to the judging panel as she was the most famous person on the show behind only Cowell.

Earlier tonight, Fox confirmed the departures of both Scherzinger as a judge and Jones as host. The two, originally paired as co-hosts, had been considered the weakest links and likely casualties going into Season 2 after receiving mostly negative reviews for their performances last season. But my news that Abdul is out as well comes as a surprise given her long history with Cowell. With Abdul, Scherzinger and Jones gone, Cowell and L.A. Reid remain the only X Factor personalities from Season 1 to make it to Season 2. Cowell hinted at a major shakeup on the show last month when he was quoted as saying “We change these shows all the time.” Especially after The X Factor failed to live up to Cowell’s own expectations. He famously predicted an average audience of 20 million for the series’ first season. But in actuality, it drew 12.4 million. This are not the first cast changes on The X Factor. Original judge Cheryl Cole was let go after one taping, replaced by Scherzinger. Later on, Scherzinger and Abdul became embroiled in the controversy surrounding the shocking elimination of frontrunner Rachel Crow.

Source

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 05:39:23 PM »
I think they should boot Simon. He was nasty to the other 3 judges at times, not simply disagreeing but going out of his way to denigrate them. On the other hand, Nicole lost it when she had to choose between Rachel Crow and Marcus Canty. She wasn't cruel, I believe that she didn't want to choose and thought the votes would save Rachel.

All that said, this is Simon's show, he's not going to get the heave-ho so I hope they find 2 really good judges for this next season. I really didn't have a problem with Steve Jones, he was OK for me.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 04:48:17 PM »
http://www.tvguide.com/News/LA-Reid-Simon-Cowell-X-Factor-1043668.aspx

LA Reid and Simon Cowell Confirm Two Female Judges, Two Hosts on X Factor

The X Factor's L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell have confirmed that the empty judges' seats for Season 2 of the singing competition show will "100 percent" be two women.

What they wouldn't confirm? Who, exactly, those ladies will be. Names like Britney Spears and Fergie have been thrown into the mix, but the judges say the rumors are just that — rumors.

"There's a load of speculation, some true, some not true," said Cowell during a conference call Wednesday. "It's true to say that a lot more people have entered the frame this year. We really waited to see who was going to contact us before we contacted people. And we're in that place now."

Is Whitney Houston heading to The X Factor?

Another star that was allegedly in talks for a spot at the judges' table: the late Whitney Houston.

"We would have certainly considered it, said Reid. "It never quite came to that. There was an interest but we never had meetings about it. We're very sad about the loss, but we didn't really get that far, so I don't think it's proper to comment beyond that."

Cowell explains whoever does land the judging gig, however, needs to understand the enormity of the responsibility. "We will meet a number of people over the next few weeks, mainly to explain to them that it's a big commitment when you do a show like this because of the mentoring aspect."

Why The X Factor bloodbath is good news — and hopefully just a starting point

As for host Steve Jones' replacement, Cowell said there will actually be two hosts the second time around. "I always wanted a boy and a girl to host the show and I think that's going to happen now," he said. "You've got so much information that you have to relay, it's almost impossible for to have one person doing the hosting. There's a more fun way of doing it with two people."

Auditions for the show begin March 1. No word yet on a premiere date.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »
I think they should boot Simon. He was nasty to the other 3 judges at times, not simply disagreeing but going out of his way to denigrate them. On the other hand, Nicole lost it when she had to choose between Rachel Crow and Marcus Canty. She wasn't cruel, I believe that she didn't want to choose and thought the votes would save Rachel.

All that said, this is Simon's show, he's not going to get the heave-ho so I hope they find 2 really good judges for this next season. I really didn't have a problem with Steve Jones, he was OK for me.

Who's going to fire Simon? Besides I love him and I'm sure many other people do too. Most of the times he was "mean" to the other judges was justified like when LA was always being biased towards his contestants. I'm not going to miss Nicole and Paula :lol: Drew and Rachel would have gone farther without them.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 05:09:08 PM »
And just in time for a reply to Prophet.  :lol:  My favorite, Rachel, is going to do some shows on Nickelodeon.  :wohoo: Good for her!!

'X Factor' finalist Rachel Crow signs Nickelodeon, Sony deals
February 22, 2012 |  4:33 pm

Rachel Crow, the spunky teen whose controversial ouster from “The X Factor” eclipsed the rest of the show’s inaugural season, has signed deals with Nickelodeon and Sony.

No surprise that Nickelodeon has tapped the 14-year-old spitfire for an overall talent deal, which the network announced Wednesday. As part of the deal, Nickelodeon is developing a comedy series fronted by Crow.

The teen has also landed a deal with Sony-owned Columbia Records through “X Factor” creator-judge Simon Cowell’s imprint Syco. Though it wasn’t clear whether Cowell would oversee her debut project, it’s likely, as the reality show magnate handpicked Crow for his team and mentored the young sensation.

“I am incredibly happy for Rachel. This girl has it,” Cowell said in a statement. “We saw her potential at the first audition and Nickelodeon and Columbia are the right homes for her.”

Before taping her Nickelodeon pilot, she is slated to appear in a recurring role on the network’s hit “Fred: The Show.”

Crow joins semi-finalists Chris Rene, Brian "Astro" Bradley and Marcus Canty, who have all gotten deals.  Melanie Amaro, the show's inaugural winner, snared the largest guaranteed prize in television history with a $5-million recording contract, also with the Sony-Cowell label Syco.

Source

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 10:44:49 PM »
Interesting!

Simon Cowell on the Changes in 'X Factor (US)' Season 2: We're Making a New Show
February 29, 2012 03:11:38 GMT

Meanwhile, when commenting on the possibility of Britney Spears joining the reality show as a judge, the British producer gushes the gig would be 'a walk in the park' for the 'Womanizer' singer.

Simon Cowell has hinted that "The X Factor (US)" will be significantly different when it returns for its second season. Not only will it feature new judges and new hosts, but the show will also undergo a format change.

"We're making a new show this year," so the creator of the FOX reality series said on "The Billy Bush Show". Addressing one of the changes, he revealed, "We have to put much more emphasis on the contestants this year."

On the same occasion, Cowell once again talked about the possibility of Britney Spears and Janet Jackson becoming the new hosts of "X Factor". "This girl has got resilience," he said of the "Hold It Against Me" hitmaker. "I would think that if she's managed to sustain a family, a career, which is tough, ['X Factor' would be] a walk in the park."

Singing more praises for the 30-year-old mother of two, the former "American Idol" judge said, "I'm fascinated by [Britney.] The fact that she's one of the most talked about - not just pop stars - but people in the world today, means that you've got this star power." He added, "I would be fascinated to hear what she had to say. She's still hot, she's still having hit records and she's still controversial, there's a reason for that."

As for the sister of the late Michael Jackson, Cowell hypothetically stated, "Would she be a good judge? Yes."

Other names rumored to fill the empty spots in the judging panel are LeAnn Rimes and Kelly Rowland. The former has recently responded to the news by saying that she is "open" for the gig.

source

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 08:15:28 AM »
'Putting more emphasis on the contestants' could mean a smaller role of the judges? :duno:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 02:36:42 PM »
'Putting more emphasis on the contestants' could mean a smaller role of the judges? :duno:

Maybe? Perhaps no tie breaking drama like we saw with Rachel?  :umn:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 01:04:27 PM »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »
I think Demi Lovato and Britney Spears are terrible judge picks... they just don't seem like the type. Especially Britney Spears. Why on earth is she a judge? What does she know about singing? She's only autotuned her last few albums. :res:

Anyway, this clip has been circulating the internet. Hilarious!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SAEwDZ0b9-U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SAEwDZ0b9-U</a>

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 02:12:07 AM »
The X Factor premiered... sometime last week? I don't really know. I get too bored if I try to watch it on TV, but I watch the audition clips online. :lol:

Simon seems to be less mean this season. I think Demi is a good fit for the show, but I do miss the Simon-Paula dynamic. Britney seems to have fit in well as well, but I feel like she's kind of... off sometimes. Just the way she speaks... Yeah. :lol:

Here are my favourite auditions so far:

Jillian Jensen - "Who You Are" by Jessie J

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BmUL72dIbTA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BmUL72dIbTA</a>

Carly Rose Sonenclar - "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nU_dBDccruI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nU_dBDccruI</a>

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 03:33:27 PM »
More favourites from me!

Jessica Espinoza - "Nobody Knows" by Pink

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pK8HzMyaQWM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pK8HzMyaQWM</a>

Panda Ross - "Bring It On Home" by Sam Cooke

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ID34lX_4m5I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ID34lX_4m5I</a>

Willie Jones - "Your Man" by Josh Turner

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KWZWuVCXqRg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KWZWuVCXqRg</a>

And of course, I have to indulge in some spoilers! SPOILER ALERT.

Show content
Apparently the categories are separated into different age groups and groups. I viewed a few sites for this information. Here's a list of contestants who have at least made it to their coach's house.

Britney Spears - Ages 12-16
Carly Rose Sonenclar
Beatrice Miller
Diamond White
JT
Arin Ray (cut?)
Reed Deeming (cut?)

Demi Lovato - Ages 17-24
Paige Thomas
Jennel Garcia
CeCe Frey
Willie Jones ???
Jillian Jensen (cut?!?!?)
Lyric Da Queen (cut?) ???
Nick Youngerman (cut?)

LA Reid - Ages 25+
Jason Brock
Tara Simon
Tate Stevens ???
Vino Alan ???

Simon Cowell - Groups
Emblem3
Dope Crisis
One4Five
Manufactured girlband
Manufactured boyband (cut?)
Sister C (cut?)

Super surprised that Jillian Jensen apparently doesn't make it through... especially with Demi Lovato mentoring? Hm.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 04:15:05 AM »
Thanks for these Polaroid!! I loved them all!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »
I did not watch X Factor last season.  Started watching this season and to my
surprise I have enjoyed the auditions.  Loved the ones above but also loved
a guy who sang country ... Tate Stevens.   

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 01:05:17 PM »
I did not watch X Factor last season.  Started watching this season and to my
surprise I have enjoyed the auditions.  Loved the ones above but also loved
a guy who sang country ... Tate Stevens.   

Me too. Last season was kinda weird. With all the categories. Only watched the first 2 episodes and didn't followed.
I enjoy Britney in here. And the auditions are so entertaining.
I love the theatrical 12 year old girl.  :hearts: :lol: Pink Glitter..  :colors :conf:
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 01:46:54 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of Britney on here. I think she could use some vocabulary expansion! :lol: And she's not as critical about the vocals as the other judges, which I guess makes sense because she's more of a performer.

Last audition clips from me! Bootcamp is starting next week.

Dinah Jane Hansen - "If I Were A Boy" by Beyonce

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDVn5yJDaZA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eDVn5yJDaZA</a>

Freddie Combs - "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AcbsMOMg2fQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AcbsMOMg2fQ</a>

Lauren Jauregui - "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHTBo4TNuwQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qHTBo4TNuwQ</a>

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 01:28:23 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of Britney on here. I think she could use some vocabulary expansion! :lol: And she's not as critical about the vocals as the other judges, which I guess makes sense because she's more of a performer.

I don't really expect her to be critical on her comments, but yeah, it would be nice if she speaks more. Other than that, I like watching her.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 02:15:58 AM »
Do bootcamp results really have to be shown next week? Goodness. :res: They showed really zoomed out shots of contestants from the back at judges' homes, so I'm sure that people can find out who made it. :lol: I saw one person for sure:
Show content
Willie Jones!

Anyway, bootcamp part 1 was a solo performance. Bootcamp part 2 was a duet "competition" (but both people may still make it through so...) between people the judges (or producers?) picked.

Notable cuts in bootcamp part 1: Jessica Espinoza, Trevor Moran and Jordyn Foley

Here are my favourite bootcamp part 2 performances:

Beatrice Miller vs. Carly Rose Sonenclar - "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5v6Jdc_UxNI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5v6Jdc_UxNI</a>

Dinah Jane Hansen vs. Diamond White - "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cqyH4DBEshg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cqyH4DBEshg</a>

Latasha Lee Robinson vs. Jillian Jensen - "Stay" by Sugarland

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KJXRrVf-Dmk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KJXRrVf-Dmk</a>

Lots of people forgot the lyrics. I'm a huge fan of Jillian now, especially after she tried to help Latasha (who I thought was being overcompetitive :lol:).

Tara Simon basically steamrolled over poor Jennel Garcia by forcing a song upon her. I wasn't a fan of Tara Simon during the auditions, and I'm definitely not a fan now. If she makes it past judges' homes, she won't be very popular with the viewers.

CeCe Frey might not be very popular either. It seems like people love her or hate her. She basically chose the song, and it seemed like she lied to the judges about the song selection process. This Paige Thomas and CeCe Frey rivalry will be interesting to watch.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 02:30:44 PM »

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 02:33:36 PM »
I only watch for Godney & Simon #Srynotsry

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 02:34:10 PM »
The X Factor premiered... sometime last week? I don't really know. I get too bored if I try to watch it on TV, but I watch the audition clips online. :lol:

Simon seems to be less mean this season. I think Demi is a good fit for the show, but I do miss the Simon-Paula dynamic. Britney seems to have fit in well as well, but I feel like she's kind of... off sometimes. Just the way she speaks... Yeah. :lol:

Here are my favourite auditions so far:

Jillian Jensen - "Who You Are" by Jessie J

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BmUL72dIbTA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BmUL72dIbTA</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nU_dBDccruI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nU_dBDccruI</a>

These are my 2 favourite videos and contestants too!! <333

ANYWAY, I think Britney is a great judge though!! :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 02:39:23 PM »
'The X Factor USA' 2012 Top 24 Spoilers -- Who Makes the Cut?
October 05, 2012 07:50 PM EDT
The X Factor USA 2012 closed out the boot camp portion of the competition with a series of head-to-head vocal battles that aired October 5 on FOX. So which hopefuls will earn one of the 24 highly coveted spots at a judge's home? Here's what research by Vote for the Worst has to say on the subject.

Season two will feature four groups, each one mentored by either Demi Lovato, Simon Cowell, Britney Spears or L.A. Reid. Unlike season one, which divided the younger solo artists by gender, the 2012 edition will divide them by age.

Allegedly making the cut in the 12- to 16-year-old group are Arin Ray, 16, who made the 2011 finals as part of the made-for-TV group inTENsity; 13-year-old voice artist Beatrice Miller; actress and singer Carly Rose Sonenclar, 13; and the popular Diamond White, also 13; 14-year-old JT; and 13-year-old Justin Bieber-lookalike Reed Deming.

Listed as competitors in the 17-24 age group are face-paint lover CeCe Frey; Jennel Garcia, who Demi previously praised for having tons of sex appeal; rapper Lyric Da Queen; and single mom Paige Thomas.

In the 25 and Over group are Jason Brock, Tara Simon, Tate Stevens, and Vino Alan, who inexplicably threw a fit after his on-stage final battle.

Finally, in the Groups category are Emblem3, Dope Crisis, One4Five, and an all-female group made up of solo artists.

So do these spoilers make sense given the show thus far? Sort of. Tara and CeCe's overconfidence borders on annoying and both oversang tremendously during their auditions, so whether or not America would vote for either of them is questionable. And Reed is cute, but not as good as the girls in the group.

And of course, a number of notable names are missing, including Jillian Jensen, who made Demi cry during her first audition, and Jeffrey Gutt, the single dad who poured his heart into "If I Die Young" on October 5.

So who really made it? Watch the next episode of The X Factor USA 2012 and find out.

No Jillian???? :'( :'( :'(

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 06:59:39 AM »
No Jillian???? :'( :'( :'(

The Vote for the Worst list doesn't list (lol repetitive) every person who makes the category at judges' homes. Their list is somewhat incomplete, but it may be an indicator of who makes it through to the lives? I would be very surprised if Jillian Jensen doesn't make it to the judges' homes. The preview for judges' homes shows a few contestants pretty clearly. :)

Preview for next week:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XZwqzTBsJX0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XZwqzTBsJX0</a>

Screenshots of contestants:

Show content
I can see Emblem 3, Sister C and One4Five. I suspect Dope Crisis is also in there, but I don't know what they look like because they haven't been shown. :lol: I also assume that there's a manufactured boyband and girlband.

Show content
I definitely see CeCe Frey, Willie Jones, Nick Youngerman and Paije Thomas (who is blocked by Willie Jones in the screenshot). I suspect the girl with that curly black hair is Jennel Garcia.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 09:41:25 PM »
Tonight, the people (and groups) who made it to bootcamp were revealed. The teen category was really strong, so a lot of strong girls got cut. Like usual, there was a manufactured boyband and girlband, both of which surprised me with their good judges' houses performances. We saw the young adults and groups perform. Tomorrow, we'll see the teens and overs. Hopefully we'll also see who makes it to the lives. When the videos get uploaded, I'll post some of my favourites.

Britney Spears: "Teens" category
  • Beatrice Miller
  • James Tanner
  • Carly Rose Soneclar
  • Diamond White
  • Reed Deming
  • Arin Ray

Demi Lovato: "Young Adults" category
  • CeCe Frey: "I'm Sexy And I Know It" by LMFAO
  • Willie Jones: "Nobody Knows" by The Tony Rich Project
  • Jennel Garcia: "I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry
  • Nick Youngerman: "Tik Tok" by Ke$ha
  • Paige Thomas: "Turn Up The Music" by Chris Brown
  • Jillian Jensen: "Gravity" by Sara Bareillis

L.A. Reid: "Over 25s" category
  • Jason Brock
  • Daryl Black
  • David Correy
  • Tara Simon
  • Tate Stevens
  • Vino Alan

Simon Cowell: "Groups" category
  • Sister C: "Leavin'" by Natalie Cole
  • Dope Crisis: "Super Bass" by Nicki Minaj
  • Emblem3: "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by The Police
  • Lyric 145 (One4Five + Lyric Da Queen): "Party In The USA" by Miley Cyrus
  • Playback (manufactured boyband): "Rich Girl$" by Down With Webster
  • Lylas (manufactured girlband): "Impossible" by Shontelle

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2012, 12:48:48 AM »
Jillian Jensen - "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0If2Sl_gRDI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0If2Sl_gRDI</a>

Lylas - "Impossible" by Shontelle

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7xyM8FfyUI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i7xyM8FfyUI</a>

Lyric 145 - "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PrK7TOoa7s0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PrK7TOoa7s0</a>

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2012, 09:56:43 AM »
My favourites from judges' homes part 2. Next week, we'll see who made it to the live finals. It doesn't look good for either Jennel or Jillian judging from the previews... but previews are always crazily edited so...

Carly Rose Sonenclar - "Brokenhearted" by Karmin

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mPAUGh9GHn8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mPAUGh9GHn8</a>

David Correy - "Domino" by Jessie J

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DJ8_2XpYAnM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DJ8_2XpYAnM</a>

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2012, 04:43:06 AM »
Baseball messed with the episode last night, so not all the acts were revealed... Rain delays are so awesome! :lol: Here are the acts that are through to the live shows.

Teens:
  • Diamond White
  • Carly Rose Soneclar
  • Beatrice Miller
  • Arin Ray

Over 25s:
  • Jason Brock
  • David Correy
  • Vino Alan
  • Tate Stevens

Young Adults:
  • Willie Jones
  • Jennel Garcia

It definitely looks like Jillian Jensen is going to get cut. :(

EDIT: Most of the has aired in Canada... For some reason it just got cut off and we didn't see all the groups that made it through. AND JILLIAN HAS BEEN CUT? :ascared

Young Adults:
  • Paige Thomas
  • CeCe Frey

Groups:
  • LYRIC 145
  • Emblem3
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:35:08 AM by Polaroid »

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2012, 07:18:06 AM »
The last acts were revealed yesterday.

Groups
  • Sister C
  • LYLAS
The live shows start on November 1. Khloé Kardashian (:groan: :groan: :groan:) and Mario Lopez are the hosts.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 12:51:48 AM »
The first week's theme was "Made in America." Demi is probably the worst judge. She tried to completely change the image of all her acts. :stare Each category had a bottom two, with one elimination.

Teens:
  • Arin Ray
  • Diamond White (eliminated?!?!?)

Young Adults:
  • CeCe Frey
  • Willie Jones (eliminated)

Over 25s:
  • David Correy (eliminated?!?!?)
  • Jason Brock

Groups:
  • Sister C (eliminated)
  • 1432 (formerly LYLAS)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2012, 10:50:12 AM »
This week's theme was "Songs from movies". Diamond White was invited back because the judges thought she was too good to be let go, or something like that. :res: Mario Lopez and Khloe Kardashian continue to be terrible, robotic hosts. Britney Spears continues to spew out nothing meaningful (although she's a really good mentor). Demi Lovato continues to be a horrible mentor, changing her artists to be people who they're not. :res: And 1432 changed their name to Fifth Harmony. What name will they have next week? :lol:

With that being said, the top 13 became to top 12 and for the first time ever on any singing show (apparently), the vote order was revealed. CeCe Frey and Jason Brock ended up in the bottom two, and it went to deadlock. Jason Brock was sent home because of the public vote.

Placing:
1st: Tate Stevens
2nd: Carly Rose Sonenclar
3rd: Vino Alan
4th: Diamond White
5th: Fifth Harmony
6th: Emblem3
7th: Jennel Garcia
8th: Paige Thomas
9th: LYRIC 145
10th: Beatrice Miller
11th: Arin Ray
12th: CeCe Frey
13th: Jason Brock (eliminated)

And the standout performances:

Carly Rose Sonenclar - "It Will Rain" by Bruno Mars

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ppuxdlNQCVw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ppuxdlNQCVw</a>

Fifth Harmony - "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JrnWpghhPuw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JrnWpghhPuw</a>

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2012, 10:59:39 AM »

To be honest, I still can't find that 'clicked' feeling watching the Lylas, 1432, Fifth Harmony, The Amazing Wonderwoman whatever..  :lol:

I get the sense of them being very connect with each other at the judges house...everyone at the judges house was great..what is it that makes them different when they enter the Live show? Crews editing...?

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 11:10:43 PM »
The musical theme for this week was "Divas". Two acts were sent home this week because Diamond White was invited back last week. The act with the lowest vote was immediately sent home and the next two lowest vote getters sang in the sing-off.

LYRIC 145 had the lowest votes so they were sent home. The next two lowest vote getters were Paige Thomas and Jennel Garcia. :ascared LA Reid and Britney Spears both voted to sent Jennel Garcia home. Mario Lopez went to Simon Cowell, who decided to make Demi Lovato pick first. :res: Demi Lovato decided to send home Paige Thomas. Then Simon sent home Jennel. :stare

Shocked that Jennel went so early but I think she'll do well without the show, especially because Demi Lovato is a terrible mentor. :res:

Placing:
1. Tate Stevens
2. Carly Rose Sonenclar
3. Vino Alan
4. Emblem3
5. CeCe Frey
6. Fifth Harmony
7. Diamond White
8. Beatrice Miller
9. Arin Ray
10. Paige Thomas

UHHHHHHH IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THESE RANKINGS? ??? As far as I'm concerned, Tate Stevens doesn't have a fanbase at all online. Ridiculous.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2012, 11:25:25 PM »

UHHHHHHH IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THESE RANKINGS? ??? As far as I'm concerned, Tate Stevens doesn't have a fanbase at all online. Ridiculous.

he might not had fanbase online, but he might had money base in the real life...  :lol:  :groan:

same with x-factor AU here, Jason, the most long-awaited contestant to be eliminated but he's keep getting votes and next week enter the grand finale...  :groan:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2012, 02:14:45 AM »
THIS IS THE GIRL THAT DEMI LOVATO COMPLETELY RUINED AND THE JUDGES VOTED OUT TONIGHT. :res: Grr.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OPqpthip3T8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OPqpthip3T8</a>

Anyway, my standout performances from this week:

Fifth Harmony - "Hero" by Mariah Carey

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vw8xKT9yS-w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Vw8xKT9yS-w</a>

Carly Rose Sonenclar - "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/75VM6vxQlk8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/75VM6vxQlk8</a>

Diamond White - "Halo" by Beyonce

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XhYhe94GjuU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XhYhe94GjuU</a>

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2012, 08:14:37 AM »
This season isn't as good as last season :/

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2012, 03:24:12 AM »
Ugh, another bad decision. :res:

This week's theme was Giving Thanks. It was another double elimination. Arin Ray was sent home immediately because he was the lowest vote getter. CeCe Frey faced off against Beatrice Miller (:ascared) in the sing-off. Beatrice ended up getting sent home with 3 votes against her. While I do agree with Simon that Beatrice probably wasn't handling the pressure very well, CeCe's sing-off was mediocre at best.

Oh, and Mario Lopez and Khloe Kardashian are the worst hosts in the history of hosts. My goodness. "Carly Rose Sonenblurg." :groan:

Placing:
1st - Carly Rose Sonenclar :yess:
2nd - Tate Stevens
3rd - Vino Alan
4th - Emblem3
5th - Diamond White
6th - Paige Thomas
7th - Fifth Harmony
8th - CeCe Frey

Here are my favourite performances from this week:

Diamond White - "Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2SZgXnCu5tk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2SZgXnCu5tk</a>

Beatrice Miller - "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qv0VNhE_yes" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qv0VNhE_yes</a>

Carly Rose Sonenclar - "Over the Rainbow" by Judy Garland

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_QP0b_ooHQU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_QP0b_ooHQU</a>

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2012, 08:49:32 AM »
I think this season is improving as it goes. Last night's eliminations were spot on necessary. I believe that the consistent Top 3 will end up being our Final 3.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2012, 10:32:46 AM »
I don't know. I heard a theory that Simon wanted a young female vocalist to win this season... and it seems like it's going this way apparently.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2012, 12:26:36 PM »
I think this season is improving as it goes. Last night's eliminations were spot on necessary. I believe that the consistent Top 3 will end up being our Final 3.

I read an interesting YouTube comment about why Carly Rose Sonenclar was 2nd for the first two weeks. Tate Stevens is the only country singer so naturally he would get all the country singer fans' votes. As other more "pop" artists get eliminated, their votes will probably be going to contestants like Carly Rose Sonenclar. As the season goes on, I think Carly Rose Sonenclar will keep being consistent at number 1 while I see Tate Stevens possibly falling down.

Unless of course it's rigged, which is very much possible. :lol:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2012, 07:19:47 PM »
The Exit Interview: Beatrice Miller

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kz7KYLn9RFo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Kz7KYLn9RFo</a>

http://www.thexfactorusa.com/videos/season_2/the-exit-interview-beatrice-miller
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2012, 01:26:18 AM »
ANOTHER DOUBLE ELIMINATION? ??? WHY. It's so dumb.

The theme for this week was number-ones. Paige Thomas was eliminated right away after arguably one of her better performances. It was really surprising. :ascared The two acts that competed in the sing-off were Vino Alan and Diamond White. Vino Alan had probably his worst performance so far so it wasn't that surprising that he found himself in the bottom 3. Vino Alan was sent home by a 3-1 vote, with the only vote not against him coming from his mentor, LA Reid.

Placing:

1st - Carly Rose Sonenclar
2nd - Tate Stevens
3rd - Emblem3
4th - Fifth Harmony
5th - CeCe Frey
6th - Diamond White

Apparently there was only a 1% difference between the top 3. And the only performance I loved...

Carly Rose Sonenclar (who else? :lol:) - "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/17LuYBqJFhY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/17LuYBqJFhY</a>

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »
I thought Carly's performance was bad at the beginning... (didn't like it)

I loved Fifth Harmony's performance though.

Paige eliminated = -_-
Vino sent home = -_-

I knew Simon will send Vino home because he's not the type of recording artist that he wants to groom... :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2012, 10:40:11 AM »
Honestly, I hope Enblem3 (or what's their name) gets eliminated soon. :lol:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2012, 12:07:16 AM »
This week the acts performed two songs each. The first theme was unplugged songs and the second theme was Pepsi Challenge songs, songs that the public chose for the act. There was another double elimination. CeCe Frey (finally) is sent home! While I admire her fighting spirit, her vocal abilities are not up to par with the competition. Diamond White and Fifth Harmony were in the sing-off and Diamond White was sent home with a 3-1 vote, with the only vote not against her coming from her mentor, Britney Spears.

Placing:
1st - Tate Stevens :cmas30:
2nd - Carly Rose Sonenclar
3rd - Emblem3
4th - Fifth Harmony

Can someone tell me why Tate Stevens is still in the competition? :cmas5 His voice is average at best and his performances are never memorable... I thought last night's bottom three should have consisted of CeCe Frey, Emblem 3 and Tate Stevens. :cmas5 Oh by the way, Diamond White's Pepsi Challenge song was Diamonds by Rihanna... and she started her song in a diamond in the sky... :cmaslol Anyway, onto my favourite performances. Carly Rose Sonenclar had an amazing night last night...

Carly Rose Sonenclar - "As Long As You Love Me" by Justin Bieber

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-8VdiECFIg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/z-8VdiECFIg</a>

Carly Rose Sonenclar - "If I Were A Boy" by Beyonce

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uQ5a7ovLlOk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uQ5a7ovLlOk</a>

Fifth Harmony - "Give Your Heart A Break" by Demi Lovato

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_CeRg1gvrSE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_CeRg1gvrSE</a>

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2012, 05:57:32 AM »
I loved those three performances above too. I don't get Tate Stevens being NO 1 too. I think he's gathering all the votes from the older generation while the younger generation have to split their votes. I think.

Diamond going home BOO. But honestly, I didn't like her Diamonds performance.

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2012, 09:28:55 AM »
Guess I'm in the "Older Generation" group because I Love Tate Stevens
and hope that he wins!!!    :cmas9     Carly has an amazing voice but at
this time I still hope that Tate wins.     

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2012, 12:57:10 AM »
Anything could happen! :cmas9

This week, the acts performed two songs to the themes of contestant's choice and songs to get you to the final. What a creative theme. :cmaslol The act with the lowest number of votes was eliminated and there was no showdown or no placement reveal. Emblem3 was eliminated, which was apparently shocking because people thought Fifth Harmony was going to go home? I find that a bit silly because Fifth Harmony had an amazing night. Carly Rose Sonenclar probably had her worst night so far but it was still enough to get into the finale... and Tate Stevens? I just think he sucks all the time. Nothing against country music, but there's nothing special about him IMO.

And there are rumours that L.A. Reid will be leaving after the end of season 2 to focus full time on music!

Anyway, I think Tate Stevens might win because Carly Rose Sonenclar and Fifth Harmony might split the vote, allowing Tate Stevens to win... I hope he doesn't win though.

Here are my favourite performances:

Fifth Harmony - "Anything Could Happen" by Ellie Goulding

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wfAwh8x-w4w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wfAwh8x-w4w</a>

Carly Rose Sonenclar - "Your Song" by Elton John

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sTbfhpHorSA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sTbfhpHorSA</a>

Fifth Harmony - "Impossible" by Shontelle

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qXXw17xeUe4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qXXw17xeUe4</a>

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2012, 03:58:37 AM »
I was just watching a program from my local channel cuz it was left on. The time I returned home and saw the screen, I saw someone who has the distinct features of Carly Rose. I was quite sure it was her. The only thing throwing me off were the glasses. But I was totally sure it was her once she started singing with that strong Broadway-like voice of hers. I did some quick research and it.was her! If anyone's interested, the show is The Electric Company. It was about world records.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2012, 10:22:28 AM »
I didn't like Fifth Harmony's Impossible. But I really liked them as a group.

Darn happy that Enblem 3 went home! :cmas9

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2012, 08:21:12 AM »
TATE STEVENS WON?

WHAT THE HECK.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2012, 08:55:24 AM »
TATE STEVENS WON?

WHAT THE HECK.

The South rises again :lol: I don't think most people realized how popular country music is in America :lol:

But I'm happy he won, he really deserved it! He seems like a nice guy with a great family. :tup:

ETA: If Simon had had Carly, she would have won, imo.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2012, 12:11:22 AM »
TATE STEVENS WON?

WHAT THE HECK.

The South rises again :lol: I don't think most people realized how popular country music is in America :lol:

But I'm happy he won, he really deserved it! He seems like a nice guy with a great family. :tup:

ETA: If Simon had had Carly, she would have won, imo.

I'm not a country music fan, but I can certainly appreciate it... and I don't think he's even a particularly decent country music singer. :cmas5

Anyway, the contestants performed their favourite song of the season, a celebrity duet and their winner song for the first night. For the second night, the contestants performed a Christmas song.

Tate Stevens won. :cmas30: Carly Rose Sonenclar came in 2nd, and Fifth Harmony came in 3rd.

Here are my favourite performances (none of which include Tate :cmas3):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OrAZeI4ARQE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OrAZeI4ARQE</a>

Fifth Harmony & Demi Lovato - "Give Your Heart A Break" by Demi Lovato :cmaslol

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3mmJEhiLiFI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3mmJEhiLiFI</a>

Carly Rose Sonenclar - "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SDh30jpSALk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SDh30jpSALk</a>

Fifth Harmony - "Let It Be" by The Beatles

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JRu9LWbv1MU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JRu9LWbv1MU</a>

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2012, 02:33:42 PM »
X Factor just had another WGWG winner (White Guy with guitar) just as the past 5 seasons of American Idol, who were all music flops, one disc singer and wouldn't sell any records. :cmas30:

GO CARLY AND 5TH HARMONY!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2012, 02:38:20 PM »
After listening to the voice's version of Hallelujah... Carly's version was just hmmm, ok. But nevertheless good. But definitely not a 5 million performance.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2012, 03:45:55 AM »
I still can't believe Carly didn't win. It's like, all season they hyped up her profile and tone down Tate's one. And when Tate won, it just seemed like his win was undeserving in the eyes of many. A little like Adam VS Kris Allen V2.0

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2012, 07:36:47 PM »
I really hated the fact that Tate won as well, but hey, this was like Tate's last chance to make something big in his life – whereas 5H and Carly have their whole lives ahead of them.

Was hoping for a 5H win though, but judging by the rankings from the entire season, a 5H win was kinda hopeless.. :cmas4