Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 8 "Super Shady" (Copenhagen, Denmark)  (Read 82989 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR 19 EP 8 "Super Shady" (Copenhagen, Denmark)
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2011, 04:35:36 PM »
Here is a building at Frilandsmuseet that is in the background of the Kanninhop task:   It's #34 in the map

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2011, 08:08:02 PM »
Episode 9 title quote is "It's Speedo Time"

Oh dear.  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
speedo time in Brussels?  Are they're gonna swim in a famous river on that city?  Or I hope it's not this infamous statue of Manneken Pis where... you'll get the idea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manneken_Pis :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2011, 08:15:13 PM »
Could we PLEASEdiscuss EP 9 in the spoiler discussion thread and not the EP 8 thread? :res:

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marklouiekpopsuju13

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2011, 08:44:06 PM »
I'm guessing ernie and cindy use u-turn to snowboarders remeber the pitstop in leg 7.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2011, 10:52:52 PM »
Thanks Chateau for all the information. I think you have summarized the flow of the next leg very clearly. It's nice to see all the pictures as it brought back all my memories in Denmark 4 years ago, pity I did not have chance to go up Vor Frelsers Kirke last time as it was closed for renovation...

As for the W turn, it seems that Ernie/Cindy are in leading position at that time, so any team being u-turned by them would not be greatly affected since that team could u-turn any other team behind as well.

However, given that the detour are not physically challenging (at least the bunny one), I don't think it would cause huge delay for the u-turned teams, maybe just 10-20 minutes.  Don't forget that this leg involves driving (there is no driving involved in any leg this season yet, right?), teams can lose time easily if they can't navigate themselves...

Offline miichaeeltran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2011, 02:11:21 AM »
The bunny task has me confused, we only see Armani performing. Is this a detour or another roadblock?
its probably the detour, it might just be me , because the farm their doing the task on looks like where the u-turn is.

Offline Areeb

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2011, 05:46:46 AM »

Ernie (and Cindy I guess) look pretty happy, first place maybe?

Yes it looks like they are in first place and from what i have seen looks like they are U-turning andy and tommy hopefully they will not get eliminated  :duno:

Offline miichaeeltran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2011, 06:15:13 AM »
lets hope bill & cathi survive !

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2011, 07:06:09 AM »

Ernie (and Cindy I guess) look pretty happy, first place maybe?

Yes it looks like they are in first place and from what i have seen looks like they are U-turning andy and tommy hopefully they will not get eliminated  :duno:
Based on what I've seen, I think there are two scenarios. One is that Ernie & Cindy are first and just ahead of someone (most likely Andy & Tommy) whom they decide to U-Turn and then win the leg :( . The other thing that occurred to me is that they could possibly be in second last place and someone is directly behind them and they U-Turn them. They would still be very happy to finish second last and avoid elimination which would explain their reactions in that image.

It will definitely be interesting, but unfortunately, whichever way the cookie crumbles, it seems as though Ernie & Cindy will survive.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

NoluckBoston

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2011, 08:00:23 AM »
Just to be clear, We really haven't seen any evidence that Ernie and Cindy U-Turn Andy and Tommy. We are just making speculations that they will. It is entirely possible that they could U-Turn anyone. 

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2011, 11:05:51 AM »
There's no way to know where the teams are relative to one another once they get to Denmark and Copenhagen. We know there's a double U-Turn but for all we know Andy-Tommy were ahead of Ernie-Cindy at that point; now that the Express Pass has been used, that wouldn't be the way for them to get ahead of Andy-Tommy.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2011, 11:34:30 AM »
Just to be clear, We really haven't seen any evidence that Ernie and Cindy U-Turn Andy and Tommy. We are just making speculations that they will. It is entirely possible that they could U-Turn anyone.

True, but considering that they came in second in part because they failed to U-Turn Andy & Tommy, it's more likely that Ernie & Cindy will U-Turn Andy & Tommy.

Belle Book

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2011, 11:37:38 AM »

True, but considering that they came in second in part because they failed to U-Turn Andy & Tommy, it's more likely that Ernie & Cindy will U-Turn Andy & Tommy.

Belle Book

Maybe, it doesn't have any effect, :lol3:

I still can't believe what L/Z did last leg...

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2011, 11:46:40 AM »

Belle Book

We have no idea what position Ernie & Cindy are in when they decide to use the U-Turn. Just because they came in second to Andy & Tommy last time doesn't mean that is the only team they'd consider U-Turning. Ernie & Cindy could be at the bottom of the pack and looking to U-Turn a team behind them to not risk elimination. This seems like another case as in last week where everyone thought Andy & Tommy would be U-Turned because thats what they hoped. The result turned out to be far from that.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »
The Amazing Race Ep 8
It's Speedo Time (Brussels, Belgium)
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2011, 05:50:44 PM »
If E/C did uturn A/T then who could be A/T's uturn victim? Just wondering... I just hope its not Bill and Cathi...  :(
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2011, 06:09:22 PM »

Belle Book

We have no idea what position Ernie & Cindy are in when they decide to use the U-Turn. Just because they came in second to Andy & Tommy last time doesn't mean that is the only team they'd consider U-Turning. Ernie & Cindy could be at the bottom of the pack and looking to U-Turn a team behind them to not risk elimination. This seems like another case as in last week where everyone thought Andy & Tommy would be U-Turned because thats what they hoped. The result turned out to be far from that.

Actually, I thought Amani & Marcus might be U-Turned because it seemed that way from the screencaps.  I was right, but I had no way of knowing they were ahead of Laurence & Zac.

Anyway, it's true that we don't know Ernie & Cindy's position at the back of the pack.  I'm only guessing it's more likely that Ernie & Cindy U-Turn Andy & Tommy than anyone else because of what happened last Sunday.  They'd probably consider other teams as well, but Andy & Tommy are definitely up there.

Belle Book

Offline miichaeeltran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2011, 10:48:16 PM »

Belle Book

Actually, I thought Amani & Marcus might be U-Turned because it seemed that way from the screencaps.  I was right, but I had no way of knowing they were ahead of Laurence & Zac.

Anyway, it's true that we don't know Ernie & Cindy's position at the back of the pack.  I'm only guessing it's more likely that Ernie & Cindy U-Turn Andy & Tommy than anyone else because of what happened last Sunday.  They'd probably consider other teams as well, but Andy & Tommy are definitely up there.

Belle Book

well , ernie & cindy were the first team to the u-turn ! And they said ''sorry guys , we need to win" the guys are likely to be Andy & Tommy and they need to win ,  they know their in first place, and they want to go win the leg.
And in the picture below they are happy !

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2011, 11:04:34 PM »
well , ernie & cindy were the first team to the u-turn ! And they said ''sorry guys , we need to win" the guys are likely to be Andy & Tommy  and they need to win ,  they know their in first place, and they want to go win the leg.
And in the picture below they are happy !

Based on the one promo we have so far...none of this can be assumed.

We know someone is on their heels.

We do not know what position E/C are in.

We do not know who they are referring to.

We know they are DISCUSSING using the U-Turn.

But based solely on the promo, we have NO firm evidence it was used at all or on whom.

Just keeping it real... now what we believe happens may be a different story.  :lol:

Just remember a lot of people quote RFF...so let's not call specultion FACT until we have actual info to prove it. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2011, 05:59:59 AM »

Belle Book

Just speculating, but I have a hunch that this may be the case and they are actually fighting for survival rather than for first place.

I still can't believe back-to-back Double U-Turns - it is a great twist! :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2011, 07:12:34 AM »

Just speculating, but I have a hunch that this may be the case and they are actually fighting for survival rather than for first place.

As a counterpoint, it might be a fight for the top, with Cindy's line about not being nice anymore.  I don't think that line would fit that well, if it was a fight not to be the last.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2011, 11:16:13 AM »

Belle Book

That is still nonetheless an assumption and not fact. Don't forget the editors have been known to splice together words to form a sentence; and one can never totally trust events based on promos.

What has to be kept in mind is that teams have to travel from Malawi to Denmark, and even if all the teams are on the same flight, there is no assurance that teams will arrive at the first Danish route marker in the same order they leave the pit stop.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2011, 12:23:42 PM »
Here's a promo: http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2166002263/the-amazing-race-super-shady

Why does everyone call her Armani? :lol3:

Laurence and Zac, Bill and Cathi, and Amani and Marcus have been seen doing the bunny detour.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:26:50 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2011, 03:09:47 PM »
Season 19, Episode 10
Episode Synopsis: The race continues in Belgium. Original Air Date: Nov 27, 2011
Season 19, Episode 11
Episode Synopsis: The race continues in Panama. Original Air Date: Dec 4, 2011
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2011, 04:05:44 PM »
I think we have an HOH at the Vor Frelsers Kirke.
In the latest preview, the rastas snowboarders are discussing that Amani and Marcus are missing while they are standing by the gates of Vor Frelsers Kirke.

"All the teams are here except Marcus and Amani".

Tower is open 10:00 - 16:00

Chateau already confirmed an HOH back here - http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25627.msg672303.html#msg672303

OK - not an HOH but an HOO. I need sleep...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:29:59 AM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere