Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 7 "Move Goat" (Malawi)  (Read 49367 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 19 EP 7 "Move Goat" (Malawi)
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2011, 06:41:17 AM »

It has been established that Ernie & Cindy uturned Laurence & Zac , and Laurence and Zac uturned Amani & Marcus , but this had no effect.

I think Ernie & Cindy uturend Laurence & Zac because they kinda caught up after the roadblock , and they used their express pass. Laurence & Zac uturned Amani & Marcus because .... ( no idea ) maybe because they got a speed bump or something ... or maybe they didn't uturn at all , the people probably told them to demonstrate ...

No such thing has been "established".  Spec is spec. :lol:

We are spec'ing that E/C use their pass...there is no evidence other than it makes sense to use it this leg or next.

We are spec'ing that L/Z UTurn A/M based on the screencaps. (fwiw, when I rapidly flip thru all zillion of them, it does look as though the touchpad  IS used)

We can say that if A/M are sighted in Copenhagen, then they overcome the  Speedbump AND the Alleged U-Turn.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2011, 10:51:24 AM »
Foursquare:

https://foursquare.com/amazingrace_cbs/checkin/4eb47c4f0cd68825780de3ef?s=p2QKGJHiBRlKJV2iyDIubzStax4&ref=tw

Prophet,
I feel that your Foursquare information is unfair. To depict any team using a U-Turn on another team as sabotage is absurd. U-turns are a legitimate part of the Amazing Race, not sabotage in any way. A team does have the option of not using a U-Turn that they have reached in a position to use it and most teams elect that, but there should be no stigma for those who use the U-Turn for competitive advantage.

Both the foursquare and the SABOTAGE word comes from CBS and the press releases. 

Peach,
Just because CBS in its efforts to hype Amazing Race 19 has started calling U-turns sabotage doesn't make is so. I stand by what I said regardless of the source of the statement.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2011, 11:07:48 AM »
What's going on in this thread? :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2011, 11:25:59 AM »
Okay... So somethings been bothering me. I can't tell if Andy and Tommy have been U-Turned on the first U-Turn. I've been watching it and watching it and watching it (Promo, 14-15 seconds).

Both Laurence and Zac are placing there fingers over what appears to be Andy and Tommy's picture on the higher U-Turn option. Assuming that a team has already been U-Turned (as Laurence and Zac are using the bottom U-Turn), is it possible that Laurence and Zac are not U-Turned and are just using the power anyways??

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2011, 11:28:11 AM »
I agree with you apskip! When, I suppose I mean if :( , Karina and I are on the race and if we have the option of saving ourselves. We will use the U-Turn. It's only logical, do I want to go home, or stick around for another leg??

We would only use it if we knew for sure that we needed to. If I was team 1-4 and there were plenty of teams behind me, we wouldn't use it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2011, 01:11:36 PM »
Assuming that a team has already been U-Turned (as Laurence and Zac are using the bottom U-Turn), is it possible that Laurence and Zac are not U-Turned and are just using the power anyways??

Yes...I think it is possible...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2011, 01:12:36 PM »
What's going on in this thread? :lol:

Must be Sabotage!! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2011, 01:16:39 PM »
Okay, am having some Photobucket issues, so in the meantime here are a couple of caps from the last Promo...The big point being that J/J is there at the same time, you can also see Justin lifting his pack in the first one.

The others are mostly to get the location down.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »
In the first cap above we can see that on the building behind Marcus says Selima Bus station. Selima according to google maps is about 100Km North East of Lilongwe and about 25km west of Senga Bay were we presume it's the detour.

Offline Tarfan2

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2011, 06:58:38 PM »
In the first cap above we can see that on the building behind Marcus says Selima Bus station. Selima according to google maps is about 100Km North East of Lilongwe and about 25km west of Senga Bay were we presume it's the detour.

You mean "Salima" ;)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2011, 07:43:23 PM »
Is it possible that there is some sort of bunch-up point before we see any of the tasks? I'm not sure how far Justin & Jennifer were ahead of Amani & Marcus when checking in at the last Pit Stop, but perhaps there is either an Hours of Operation or some type of bus travel - as has been mentioned above - before we get to the tasks? :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2011, 09:05:43 PM »
Do you think its possible that Zac & Lawrence u-turned Ernie & Cindy? haha!
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline miichaeeltran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2011, 03:55:03 AM »
Do you think its possible that Zac & Lawrence u-turned Ernie & Cindy? haha!
I think its Ernie & Cindy u-turned Lawrence & Zac ! HAHA

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2011, 10:45:52 AM »

Actually, Salima is 96 km from Lilongwe and in direct line with going to Senga which is about 18 km further along the route.  Maybe they have to ferry their fisherman the entire 18 km   :ascared
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2011, 10:54:51 AM »
Be nice, 1st time jumping in on this in a long time...LOL
Using Chateau's map, it makes sense that the RB is first, followed by the detour.
Since we see Justin/Jennifer who started in 2nd place, and Amani/Marcus who started last together at he RB, we came assume that either Jennifer is having a really hard time with the RB
OR
 there was an hour of operation delay, or transportation bunching that allowed them to catch up...or both.
Do we have any idea the most likely mode of transportation from the pit start to the RB?  Since they are at a bus station, could they have possibly taken a bus there?

Thanks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2011, 11:08:49 AM »
Welcome back littlewop!! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2011, 11:18:39 AM »
Welcome back littlewop!! :waves:

Thanks Peach  :waves:
I'm always here, I just usually sit back in awe (and silence) at the others wisdom & insight.

Offline TrueNorth

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2011, 11:23:17 AM »
I don't think Marcus and Amani are U-turned!!!! Look at Promo at 15 - 17 seconds. Zac's hand moves away from Amani and Marcus! While Laurence's hand was still hovering over their own photo which could be why we're speculating that A/M are U-turned by Zac and Laurence.

We know that A/M and Z/L were spotted on the same plane in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Even though some teams are decoys, with only 4 teams eliminated so far, I doubt that is the case.

It does move away after he presses it. He then goes on to touch the Amazing Race logo. I suppose that could be the select button to enforce the U-Turn.

Is it possible that he is about to u-turn Andy and Tommy? The close up does not show depth, we cannot see how far from the screen his finger really is. Just wondering.......

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2011, 11:25:40 AM »
When I run the whole cap series quickly, it looks like A/M to me.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2011, 01:18:24 PM »
I don't think Marcus and Amani are U-turned!!!! Look at Promo at 15 - 17 seconds. Zac's hand moves away from Amani and Marcus! While Laurence's hand was still hovering over their own photo which could be why we're speculating that A/M are U-turned by Zac and Laurence.

We know that A/M and Z/L were spotted on the same plane in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Even though some teams are decoys, with only 4 teams eliminated so far, I doubt that is the case.

It does move away after he presses it. He then goes on to touch the Amazing Race logo. I suppose that could be the select button to enforce the U-Turn.

Is it possible that he is about to u-turn Andy and Tommy? The close up does not show depth, we cannot see how far from the screen his finger really is. Just wondering.......

Nothing is impossible, but I'd say thats highly unlikely. Both of those teams have been friendly with each other the entire race and have no reason to turn on each other. Zac's finger also never goes close enough to their picture. I've watched it many times, and it appears he touches or almost touches Marcus & Amani's picture before going down to the race logo.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2011, 01:37:14 PM »
I'm wondering if the teams now have to touch the logo part of the pad simply to show that they've decided not to use the U-Turn at all.
That might explain some of this. OR it may be, whether a team uses their U-Turn or not, they have to touch the logo to record their choice either way.
-- theschnauzers

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2011, 01:42:26 PM »
I'm wondering if the teams now have to touch the logo part of the pad simply to show that they've decided not to use the U-Turn at all.
That might explain some of this. OR it may be, whether a team uses their U-Turn or not, they have to touch the logo to record their choice either way.

I think they probably touch the logo to lock their choice if they want to use the u-turn, otherwise they might accidentally touch the wrong team. If they don't want to use the u-turn there is no point in touching the screen at all.

Offline Tarfan2

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2011, 03:40:22 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2011, 03:53:50 PM »
New video! (Anything new, though)

Doble U-turn: http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2164590306/the-amazing-race-social-sweep-week-first-double-u-turn

Thanks! It does confirm the two detour options as canoe vs carry though, so the Speedbump remains unseen!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2011, 04:56:19 PM »
Posts 3 and 4 have been updated. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule: