that place looks majestic...
Yeah looks awesome doesn't it??
I really really love the locations they chose especially near Seville. It all looks so pretty, colorful and bright, and the place has such a rich history with the influence of the Mores/ Arabic influences clearly visible, I think it's stunning.
Meanwhile I thought it might be nice to share some speculations on the Mole fora about hints leading to the remaining 3 finalists, i.t.o. them being the Mole.
I still haven't read any strong hints about Liesbeth. I confess I haven't been watching the stuff about her as much but I kept an eye out and all I have heard sofar is:Hints for Liesbeth:
1. She crosses her legs at every execution. Many crosses featured in the series. One of them had the name 'List' on it and Liesbeth List is an (unrelated but well known) person here in the Netherlands.
2. The 4263 could be a hint to her birthday, i.e. her birthday multiplied apparently? 4263 --> 4 x 2 x 6 x 3 = 144.
The 144th dag in 2012, but this would be the 23rd of May and in the series it says May 25th on her birthday card so I think the internet info about this is probably wrong..?
3. Some say the bull references would be about her being a taurus, but as far as I can see she's twins (25th of May) so I don't think that would be a hint imo.
4. Her sign in episode 4 says Palindrome, her name obviously is a palindrome. You could reason 4263 is the logical sequence to 214263, and 21 turned around would be 12 i.e. Mole 12. Hints for Hadewych:
1. Episode 2 was called 'In de Min' (i.e. Minus
). Her name is Hadewych Minis
Minis in Dutch can also stand for Min Is (i.e. minus is
, - =
). She was standing the one under the sign saying 3-1=2 in episode 4 (which was coupled with Tim).
This might still be a link to the clock going back from 3 -> 2 hours
and the other references Art has made I mentioned earlier.
Also William's sign says: Look Up, which is where Hadewych's sign is hanging ('Gulpje' a former role).
2. The last episode is called 'Tim, Liesbeth and Anne-Marie'.
This could refer to the remaining contestants or even order of execution, in which case Anne-Marie would be the winner.
3. Some people claim there's some theme about her earrings.
Could be a hint we've had necklaces as hints before but then it was tied to something stronger imo, i.e. the Japanese sign for 10 since that was Mole 10, also there were a lot of references to crosses in the Mole tweets and such.
So in this instance I would say it would be less likely but who knows.
The idea is that she has a musical background and performs as a singer too.
In Dutch 'Mol' is also used for the musical sign for flat/ Bemolle. So that could be a hint.
In episode 9's preview she's wearing rather large guitar earrings.
Then there's people saying she makes the same ok sign as Art does several times (to indicate zero euro's). This is true, but not sure what it means, except that it might be a 6. Some people say stuff about it being a 'devil's sign' or something of the sort. Honestly I think that's just tunnel vision and they wouldn't make a hint like that I don't think so anyway, this is after all a public network and a show for all ages, plus it would be offensive to many deeply religious people in this country imo. So I don't put much stock in that though a potential '6' might mean something even if I am not sure what.
4. In the casino we see a shot with her face and the transparent 'De Mol' disk for the exemption.Hints for Anne-Marie:
(i.e. my lead suspect at the moment
1. The 3-1=2 thing could also be applied to Anne-Marie.
She was after all at the I AM sign, in episode 4. Her initials are AM (Anne-Marie Jung) So AM could be a reference to time (as in AM/ PM), and it could simply be, as offered by many, I AM the Mole. (Sounds simple enough to be one of the actual clues tbh.
2. I've never put much stock in this one before tbh but now in combination with the last episode I think perhaps it might be a hint.
Art says 'Jongens' all the time in the series, i.e. guys. Basically I always thought this could just be the way he addressed the contestants and in fact it still could be.
It does sound a lot like 'Jung is' though.
In the last episode Art says 'Jongens, welkom in Casino del Topo' , i.e. Guys welcome to the Casino of the Mole. Basically he could be coupling Jung with Topo/ Mole. http://www.youtube.com/v/qPh8mZYXmVM
3. The title of the last episode ('Tim, Anne-Marie, Liesbeth') could also refer to the sets of four of a kind Anne-Marie gathered in the end winning her exemption.
4. This one I personally really like but not sure if it might not be too complicated. :biggrin
Episode 7 is called 'Self-knowledge'.
In the episode obviously the Mole had to know themselves, predicting themselves correctly to sabotage the bridge- challenge.
However in one shot Anne-Marie is clearly reading a Psychology magazine
(It even says: How sinful are you? on the cover :giggle ).
This could be a reference to the other famous Jung, Karl Jung, the famous pupil of Freud.
(tbh I think they won't make such an elaborate hint but the 'psychology' link with self-knowledge could be interesting I think. :p )
5. Episode 4 was titled 'Someone else'.
Anne-Marie was the only one who had a sign that referred to someone other than herself (i.e. it was a quote by her co-comedian André van Duin).
All the others referred to roles they themselves played or their own jobs
1. William: look up, Ramses his role in the musical.
2. Hadewych: Gulpje, a role she played.
3. Tim: 3-1=2 , reference to his comic duo.
4. Frits: I Am, I Amsterdam his project/ job.
5. Marit: Are you alright again? - reference to the role of a nurse she once played.
6. Liesbeth: Palindrome: her name Staats.
I'm sure several others have been found but some of them to me really seem a bit too much the result of tunnel vision or wishful thinking so I think these were the main ones I have read sofar.
Though we're probably going to get some nonsensical hints at the end, it's the fun of finding something anyway, and oh well who knows maybe one or two will be discussed in the final episode.. we found a few over the last few years anyway so.. :biggrin