Author Topic: Survivor Questions  (Read 44773 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Survivor Questions
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2013, 10:05:02 PM »
I'm going to ask the obvious question about the drawing rocks as a tie-breaker thing:

I don't remember what season this happened in... maybe Palau or Guatemala? But there's one episode where there's a tie at TC and everyone's freaking out about having to draw rocks, and Jeff just smiles at them and says, "We don't do that anymore."

So why did they bring it back for BvW when there's been so many times when they've done the fire-making challenge to break the tie?? :gaah:
I think that rocks are only used after a deadlocked vote where there are 5 or more people left. Once they get down to 4 tiebreaker is a challenge (usually fire making) .

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2013, 04:20:44 AM »
I'm going to ask the obvious question about the drawing rocks as a tie-breaker thing:

I don't remember what season this happened in... maybe Palau or Guatemala? But there's one episode where there's a tie at TC and everyone's freaking out about having to draw rocks, and Jeff just smiles at them and says, "We don't do that anymore."

So why did they bring it back for BvW when there's been so many times when they've done the fire-making challenge to break the tie?? :gaah:
I think that rocks are only used after a deadlocked vote where there are 5 or more people left. Once they get down to 4 tiebreaker is a challenge (usually fire making) .
*6 or more, because if there's 5 people left, the tie would be solved with the re-vote.
I think it's pretty obvious that with 4 players left 1 is immune by having the immunity necklace and 2 other players are tied, so that leaves just 1 player eligible to draw rocks  :cmaslol I hope I explained this clearly.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2013, 09:48:07 PM »

*6 or more, because if there's 5 people left, the tie would be solved with the re-vote.
I think it's pretty obvious that with 4 players left 1 is immune by having the immunity necklace and 2 other players are tied, so that leaves just 1 player eligible to draw rocks  :cmaslol I hope I explained this clearly.
What if the vote is 2-1-1-1 but the person on 2 votes uses a HII. A re-vote where HII user and person with Immunity occurs but it ends up being 1-1-0. 

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2013, 12:54:49 PM »

What if the vote is 2-1-1-1 but the person on 2 votes uses a HII. A re-vote where HII user and person with Immunity occurs but it ends up being 1-1-0.
Yeah, I didn't think of that.
Well there definitely are a lot of layers that are unlikely! And of course it would be very interesting to see such votes happening one day...  :cmaslol

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »
Hey guys, I've read somewhere on this board that not only the winner (and SPOTS) get a cash prize, but (some?) other contestants, too. Is that true, or was I mislead?  :cmaslol

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2013, 09:22:34 AM »
Everyone gets cash IIRC just depends how much :tup:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2013, 09:51:24 AM »
Yeah I'm pretty sure everyone is paid. The amount received increases the further they made it. :cmas16
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2013, 01:28:19 PM »
That's interesting, where do you guys get such info? :cmas18

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2013, 04:26:05 PM »

Well if they tell you, they will have to kill you  :cmas28

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2013, 08:00:59 PM »

Well if they tell you, they will have to kill you  :cmas28

:cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

I've just read that online somewhere to be honest. Can't quite remember where... :cmas5

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2013, 12:00:46 AM »
I know this is an awful late question, but do the final three or two really wait for the live reading of votes? So after 39 days in the island, they need to wait for 12 or more weeks to know if they win? (not to mention the days in between the actual taping and the season premiere)

Just really wondering... haha
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2013, 12:22:39 AM »
Caramoan had to wait nearly a year :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2013, 12:38:19 AM »
I know this is an awful late question, but do the final three or two really wait for the live reading of votes? So after 39 days in the island, they need to wait for 12 or more weeks to know if they win? (not to mention the days in between the actual taping and the season premiere)

I think they have a good idea who's going to win, just that it's never revealed to them. For example, Michael "delusional" Skupin from 2 seasons ago honestly thought he still had a shot of winning even though we viewers know that there was no way he was going to win going into the Final TC. In between, I think the jury themselves also shared with each other who they are going to vote for, so it was clear who wins. Technically, this is usually how the winner gets leaked out anyway. For example, I think in an interview Hayden mentioned that everyone went into the final TC with the agenda of voting for Tyson to win, all except Vytas, who was very determined to vote for any of the other two but Tyson...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2013, 12:41:59 AM »

I read somewhere that new players gets 10,000 for attending the reunion show and 25,000 for the returning players as well.

The second place gets 100,000, the third place gets 50k, fourth place gets 25k.. and so on where it keeps decreasing, until the last spot which is I think just 1k. That might have changed over the years as this info was from MANY MANY years ago. Same as The Amazing Race, the second placer gets 100k as well. :) (whether it has changed or not I do not know)

This sum gets doubled for the returning players, so if a returning player comes in second, I think the price money is instead 200,000. So... the only price money that doesn't change is the million dollars.. kinda sad actually. lol

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2013, 12:44:53 AM »

I think they have a good idea who's going to win, just that it's never revealed to them. For example, Michael "delusional" Skupin from 2 seasons ago honestly thought he still had a shot of winning even though we viewers know that there was no way he was going to win going into the Final TC. In between, I think the jury themselves also shared with each other who they are going to vote for, so it was clear who wins. Technically, this is usually how the winner gets leaked out anyway. For example, I think in an interview Hayden mentioned that everyone went into the final TC with the agenda of voting for Tyson to win, all except Vytas, who was very determined to vote for any of the other two but Tyson...

Thanks! So they really need to wait...  :cmas27

Also, is it true that the 1 million prize is not really given in cold cash (assuming its given without tax implication, but of course it has) i mean that the winner needs to wait for some time for his prize to be one million, or he/she has the option to just receive the "present value" of the million dollar prize?
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2013, 12:45:46 AM »

The fire challenge has always been a tie-breaker for the Final 4. It has been used in Exile Island and Fiji last that I remembered. The only thing that changed was that it's no longer PROD but WORD. :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2013, 12:47:52 AM »

Also, is it true that the 1 million prize is not really given in cold cash (assuming its given without tax implication, but of course it has) i mean that the winner needs to wait for some time for his prize to be one million, or he/she has the option to just receive the "present value" of the million dollar prize?

After taxation it's just 600k I believe. I'm pretty sure it is always presented in the form of a cheque, so they get whatever remaining cash after being taxed.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »

The fire challenge has always been a tie-breaker for the Final 4. It has been used in Exile Island and Fiji last that I remembered. The only thing that changed was that it's no longer PROD but WORD. :(
PROD and WORD what?

After taxation it's just 600k I believe. I'm pretty sure it is always presented in the form of a cheque, so they get whatever remaining cash after being taxed.
What do they get taxed for?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2013, 11:31:14 AM »
Purple rock of death becoming white rock of death.

That's a good question regarding what do they get taxed for.. taxed for their "earnings" which is seen as their "income" for that particular year? :cmaslol

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2013, 02:01:56 PM »
I believe it's taxed just like any other windfall. It's technically income, so they're taxed federreal, state, as, etc. I think they end up with a little over $550,000, from what Rupert said in an interview once, and also from reports of Richard Hatch's woes. He neglected to pay his taxes, which is why he ended up in jail, partially.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2013, 02:10:35 PM »
I honestly think game show money should not be taxed. I know the lottery in the US is, but it is not in Ireland, or for the Euromillions lottery which spans Western Europe.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2013, 09:18:12 PM »
Apply for citizenship to Monaco or Andorra or Caymans or smth after you win, but before it airs on TV. :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

JK. :cmas10 :cmas18

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2013, 12:50:06 AM »
I think Yul said before he got about $600,000 after being taxed.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2013, 06:22:49 AM »
That sucks.

In Australia (as with most countries), you get 100% of the winnings.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2013, 08:07:47 AM »
That sucks.

In Australia (as with most countries), you get 100% of the winnings.

Our prizemoney is so little by comparison, if it was taxed it would be absurd!! :cmaslol