Author Topic: UPDATED (MAY 2012) TAR Australia 2 TIMELINE/Spoiler Summary Thread *SPOILERS*  (Read 27088 times)

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
ROUTE SUMMARY

EP01/EP02?: Sydney, Australia to Manila, Philippines and Legazpi, Philippines
EVIDENCE: Instgram Post

Film Date: NOV 18 - 20?
Air Date: TBA

Leg Route/Tasks:
TRANSPORT TO STARTLINE: Seaplanes
EVIDENCE: Here, Airport office confirmed teams were flying with them but no indications on numbers

START LINE: Royal Botanical Gardens
EVIDENCE:  Here

STARTLINE TASK: Puzzle involving removing a car from a maze
EVIDENCE: Here, Advertisements

ROUTE INFO: Fly to Manila, Philippines
FLIGHT INFO: PR210 Scheduled 12:10pm, Departed 1:15pm
EVIDENCE: Here, Airport office confirmed teams were flying with them but no indications on numbers

TASK: Eat Balut in Quiapo
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: F/F Blond Pinks are LAST to leave the task
EVIDENCE: Here

POSSIBLE DESTINATIONS: Legazpi Airport, Lignon Hill, Mt. Mayon, Cagraray Island and Misibis Bay

DETOUR: Jig and Pig at Cagsawa Ruins
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: TARA4 Copy

TASK: Raft building?
EVIDENCE: Advertisment

ASSUMED PITSTOP: Misibis Bay Resorts
EVIDENCE: TARA4 and Here

Safe from Elimination at End of Leg: Shane and Andy, Paul and Steve, Grace and Joseph, Joanne and Michelle, Lucy & Emilia, Sue and Theresa, Ross & Tarryn, Sam and Geoff, Adam & Dane, James & Sarah
Possibly Eliminated: Unknown

EP03/04?: Philippines to New Delhi, India

Film Date: NOV 21 -

Leg Route/Tasks:
ROUTE INFO: Take a Penafrancia Bus to Manila Airport and then fly to New Delhi, India
TIMING: Afternoon of 21st November

ROADBLOCK?: Driving Test
EVIDENCE: Advertisement

DETOUR?: Transportation of clay pots OR ?
EVIDENCE: Advertisement and TARA3

PITSTOP: Kutab Minar
ORDER: Older couple (first), M/M and M/M (darker skin) - somewhere in between, young man and woman (last)

Winners of Leg: Sue and Theresa
Safe from Elimination at End of Leg: Shane and Andy, Paul and Steve, Grace and Joseph, Joanne and Michelle, Lucy & Emilia, Sue and Theresa, Ross & Tarryn, Sam and Geoff, Adam & Dane, James & Sarah
Possibly Eliminated: Unknown

EP05?: New Delhi, India? to Dubai, United Arab Emirates
EVIDENCE: Teams spotted at Wild Wadi, Grant spotted in Dubai

Film Date: NOV 25 - 27

Leg Route/Tasks:
ROADBLOCK: Collect hanging clue from pool?

TASK: Pick a winning horse at Meydan Racecourse
EVIDENCE: Here, Details of task and team photos
TIMING: 25th November, afternoon

Safe from Elimination at End of Leg: Shane and Andy, Paul and Steve, Grace and Joseph, Joanne and Michelle, Lucy & Emilia, Ross & Tarryn
Possibly Eliminated: Adam & Dane, Sam and Geoff, Sue and Theresa, James & Sarah

EP06?: Dubai, United Arab Emirates to Istanbul, Turkey

Film Date: NOV 27 - 29?

Leg Route/Tasks:
ROUTE INFO: Fly to Istanbul?

TASK: Shoe shine

Safe from Elimination at End of Leg: Shane and Andy, Paul and Steve, Grace and Joseph, Joanne and Michelle, Lucy & Emilia
Possibly Eliminated: Adam & Dane, Sam and Geoff, Sue and Theresa, James & Sarah,  Ross & Tarryn

EP07?: Istanbul, Turkey to Paris, France?

Film Date: NOV 30 - 

Leg Route/Tasks:
ROUTE INFO: Fly to Paris?

TASK: Ecole Le Cordon Bleu

Safe from Elimination at End of Leg: Shane and Andy, Paul and Steve, Grace and Joseph, Joanne and Michelle, Lucy & Emilia
Possibly Eliminated: Adam & Dane, Sam and Geoff, Sue and Theresa, James & Sarah,  Ross & Tarryn

EP08?: Paris, France? to Havana, Cuba?

Film Date: EARLY DEC 

Leg Route/Tasks:
UNKNOWN

EP09?: Havana, Cuba? to Vancouver, Canada via Toronto, Canada

Film Date: DEC 4 - DEC 5/6

Leg Route/Tasks:
ROUTE INFO: Fly to Vancouver

TASK: Involving trams and collecting a flag? at Grouse Mountain

TASK: Two person canoes in Denman
EVIDENCE: Here, Here

POSSIBLE PITSTOP: Crab Park

EP10?: Vancouver, Canada to Banff, Canada

Film Date: DEC 6 - 

Leg Route/Tasks:
ROUTE INFO: Travel by bus to Banff (Departing 8am or 9am)

TASKS: At Lake Louise

Safe from Elimination at End of Leg: Joanne and Michelle
Possibly Eliminated: Adam & Dane, Sam and Geoff, Sue and Theresa, James & Sarah,  Ross & Tarryn, Shane and Andy, Paul and Steve, Grace and Joseph, Lucy & Emilia

EP11: Canada to Beijing, China

Film Date: DEC 10/11? 

Leg Route/Tasks:
ROUTE INFO: Fly to Beijing, China

ROUTE INFO: Make your way to Guijie Street (Chinese Name:簋街)

Safe from Elimination at End of Leg: Unknown
Possibly Eliminated: Adam & Dane, Sam and Geoff, Sue and Theresa, James & Sarah,  Ross & Tarryn, Shane and Andy, Paul and Steve, Grace and Joseph, Lucy & Emilia, Joanne and Michelle

EP12/FINALE: Beijing, China to Fraser Island, Australia via Brisbane, Australia?

Film Date: DEC 11/12/13? 

Leg Route/Tasks:
ROUTE INFO: Fly to Brisbane, Australia?

ROUTE INFO?: Lake McKenzie

Winners: Unknown
Runners Up: Unknown
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 06:22:41 AM by BayBay »

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 2 TIMELINE/Spoiler Summary Thread *SPOILERS*
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 06:26:21 AM »
THE TEAMS

See THIS post for all the details!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:54:56 PM by BayBay »

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 04:56:24 AM »
Updated for your viewing please  :luvya:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 08:57:07 AM »
Good job BAYBAY!! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 02:58:34 AM »
Teams were at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris very late from the evening of Nov 30 till around 4am Dec 1.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 05:25:34 AM »
Do we know that's TAR Oz, though? Didn't we lose TAR20 in Europe at pretty much exactly that same time?

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 05:27:20 AM »
Do we know that's TAR Oz, though? Didn't we lose TAR20 in Europe at pretty much exactly that same time?

No TAR 20 was still in Paraguay in Dec 1. We suspect they left for Europe in Dec 2.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 09:30:09 PM »
Assuming that we have not already reached the 12th leg in Beijing, then the finale will be the 12th leg from Beijing to somewhere. I expect it will be in New Zealand or Australia that ARAus2 ends. Here are the most compact flights with 0 or 1 connections from Beijing to the indicated major city (with arrival and departure times in connecting city not shown):

Auckland - Dragonair 981 PEK HKG 1330 -  connecting with NZ80 HKG AKL -  1110+1

Sydney - CA173 PEK SYD 1700 0740+1

Melbourne CA165 PEK MEL 2350 1450+1

Adelaide CA165 PEK MEL 2350 1450+1 connecting with QA683 MEL ADL  -  1730+1

Brisbane CA165 PEK MEL 2350 1450+1 connecting with QA628 MEL BNE  - 1915+1

Darwin QA292 PEK SIN 0250 -  connecting with QA272 SIN DRW - 0430+1

Perth MH 377 PEK KUL 0855 - connecting with MH125 KUL PER - 1500+1  or
         Dragonair 193 PEK HKG 1830 -  connecting with QA68 HKG PER - 0720+1

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 10:05:08 PM »
Assuming that we have not already reached the 12th leg in Beijing, then the finale will be the 12th leg from Beijing to somewhere. I expect it will be in New Zealand or Australia that ARAus2 ends. Here are the most compact flights with 0 or 1 connections from Beijing to the indicated major city (with arrival and departure times in connecting city not shown):

Auckland - Dragonair 981 PEK HKG 1330 -  connecting with NZ80 HKG AKL -  1110+1

Sydney - CA173 PEK SYD 1700 0740+1

Melbourne CA165 PEK MEL 2350 1450+1

Adelaide CA165 PEK MEL 2350 1450+1 connecting with QA683 MEL ADL  -  1730+1

Brisbane CA165 PEK MEL 2350 1450+1 connecting with QA628 MEL BNE  - 1915+1

Darwin QA292 PEK SIN 0250 -  connecting with QA272 SIN DRW - 0430+1

Perth MH 377 PEK KUL 0855 - connecting with MH125 KUL PER - 1500+1  or
         Dragonair 193 PEK HKG 1830 -  connecting with QA68 HKG PER - 0720+1

and dont forget there are meny concetion from that list of cities to other cities that only have national flights (ie canberra, hobart)

and i dont think the race will end in nz unless they put a team from there on to tar au (like what fellow channel 7 show my kitchan rules are doing for their 2012 season)

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 10:06:05 PM »
I would suspect there's a Singapore-like connection in the final leg, probably in Thailand or Hong Kong.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 12:54:43 PM »
tarflyonthewall,

If you count my flight connections (not including the nonstops to Sydney or to Melbourne), here is what you find:

tarflyonthewall,

You have stated that you think flights from Beijing to Australia or New Zealand major cities ought to connect in Thailand or Singapore or Hong Kong. Well, if you count you will find this distribution:

Connecting in Hong Kong 2
Connecting in Kuala Lumpur 1
Connecting in Singapore 1

Connecting in Melbourne 2

So, 4 out of 6 connections do meet your criteria and the other 2 are within Australia itself.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 04:39:21 PM »
No, what I meant was that we were likely to get a secondary destination in the final leg before returning to Australia itself, like Singapore was in the first season, and that by extension means there could be (1) multiple connections, either between Beijing and this location or between this location and the finish city, and (2) several hours on the ground in addition to the usual layover. Until we know if this happens, we can't use flight schedules to work out where the teams are going, as there are far, FAR too many variables.

I merely predicted that IF there was a secondary destination, it would be either Bangkok or Hong Kong, most probably Bangkok. It has to be somewhere in south-east Asia or Oceania if there is one. The islands in the South Pacific would be too time-consuming to get to at this point in the season, we've got the Philippines earlier in the season, we've done Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, and Hong Kong already (although Hong Kong didn't get much of a visit the first time), and they aren't going to waste the race's first visits ever to Laos or Brunei on a twenty-minute segment in the finale. That leaves Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, and Cambodia. Malaysia's too similar to Singapore, Cambodia is unlikely, and the odds of the race flying from Beijing to Taipei are astronomical. Ergo, Thailand is the most logical alternative... but others are definitely plausible.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 09:27:15 AM »
tarflyonthewall,

There does not appear to be sufficient reason to have another leg in southeast Asia as ARAus racers has been spotted in Brisbane.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 09:53:04 AM »
Given the time of spotting (1106am) in Brisbane earlier today, it is likely that the F3 teams did NOT take the connection through Melbourne, as that would have arrive BNE at 1830 last night. I expect that one of these double connections (and there are earlier flights PEK ICN that I do not show) will be the route of choice:

Asiana 334 PEK ICN 1532 1832  connecting to KE121 ICN SYD 1915 0713+1  connecting to QF510 SYD BNE 0901 0934

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 05:54:22 PM »
Given the time of spotting (1106am) in Brisbane earlier today, it is likely that the F3 teams did NOT take the connection through Melbourne, as that would have arrive BNE at 1830 last night. I expect that one of these double connections (and there are earlier flights PEK ICN that I do not show) will be the route of choice:

Asiana 334 PEK ICN 1532 1832  connecting to KE121 ICN SYD 1915 0713+1  connecting to QF510 SYD BNE 0901 0934

apskip, is this Brisbane issue had been confirmed yet?,

I'm standing by in Melbourne, just in case the final destination city would goes here...
Also I was spotting film production trucks parked in Flagstaff Garden, they were setting up tents and lighting,
But as I observed around the garden, I found nothing not evidence of clue box or route marker...
and the logo on the trucks is unlikely to be related with Channel-7, (Empires Film Service and Australian Movie Lightings) but who knows it's a joint company...

But then, I saw a couple of F/F running across the queens road going towards Queen Victoria Market with identical blue backpakcs, but no cameraman around them :(

I'm still on the radar though...  :cmas25
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 07:26:56 PM »

apskip, is this Brisbane issue had been confirmed yet?,

I'm standing by in Melbourne, just in case the final destination city would goes here...
Also I was spotting film production trucks parked in Flagstaff Garden, they were setting up tents and lighting,
But as I observed around the garden, I found nothing not evidence of clue box or route marker...
and the logo on the trucks is unlikely to be related with Channel-7, (Empires Film Service and Australian Movie Lightings) but who knows it's a joint company...

But then, I saw a couple of F/F running across the queens road going towards Queen Victoria Market with identical blue backpakcs, but no cameraman around them :(

I'm still on the radar though...  :cmas25

I was wondering if Flagstaff Gardens was the pit stop. It certainly looks like that kind of location, in which case there wouldn't be a clue box.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 07:49:29 PM »
I was wondering if Flagstaff Gardens was the pit stop. It certainly looks like that kind of location, in which case there wouldn't be a clue box.
However its in the middle of the city. Very risky.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 09:08:41 PM »
:bigwelcome ZouLy, thanks for helping!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 09:17:54 PM »

You're probably right, but Google Earth shows a lot of trees that could hide things.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 10:02:33 PM »
Melbourne is negative so far guys, by the time I left the gardens at 10.30AM AEST, there's no signs of TAR filming, about two hours later I passed back by my car (1.00PM AEST), but found the street was blocked by road works signs, all vehicles were detoured to the other street.. I thought this is it!, but again no indications.. :(,

I also continue the checking to other historical places around the town, Royal Botanical Gardens, Shrine of Remembrance, James Cook's House, and Saint Kilda Beach, neither of them showing signs, although I looked at the arrivals board in Melbourne Airport's website, there are more than 20different flights arriving today from Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou..

Any news just let me know  :cmas16
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 10:22:36 PM »

You're probably right, but Google Earth shows a lot of trees that could hide things.

Unfortunately no good for Melbourne. A film permit (for 15 people) between 8am and 11pm was taken out for Flagstaff Gardens including an "outdoor stage". There are no other filiming permits in the city taken out today (apart from a couple of TV commericals). Seems like a film production to me?

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 10:31:44 PM »
Unfortunately no good for Melbourne. A film permit (for 15 people) between 8am and 11pm was taken out for Flagstaff Gardens including an "outdoor stage". There are no other filiming permits in the city taken out today (apart from a couple of TV commericals). Seems like a film production to me?
Actually there is 1 more. West Melbourne Street locations (15 people) between 11am and 10pm.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 11:06:31 PM »
Filming permits in Melbourne are organised through local councils, though - a permit from the City of Melbourne is only valid in the area in and surrounding the CBD itself, when the city is FAR larger (in fact, in terms of sheer area, only LA is a larger metropolis). It doesn't seem unlikely, especially given the way the Perth part of last season's finale was handled, that they could be going to areas farther out.

And an "outdoor stage" could be the platform beneath the finishing mat. Granted, there'd be far more than 15 people there, but given the scale and importance of the production and how supportive Victoria Police generally are of TV productions, I can easily see them turning a blind eye to the show actually having 23 cast members plus the crew.

Or it's TAR20. :P

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 10:09:35 AM »

From the timeline, I've constructed a route map.

Sydney, Australia
Manila, Philippines
Legazpi, Philippines
New Delhi, India
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Istanbul, Turkey
Paris, France
Havana, Cuba
Vancouver, Canada
Banff, Canada
Beijing, China
Fraser Island, Australia (strong possibility)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:14:26 AM by kevint2010 »
Bring on the 21!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 12:09:17 AM »
Great job! That map is great! :cmas9
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥