Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 5 "I Feel Like I'm in the Circus" (Bangkok, Thailand)  (Read 60256 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 19 EP 5 "I Feel Like I'm in the Circus" (Bangkok, Thailand)
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2011, 11:02:23 AM »
apskip, Prophet and peach are right, only 2 instances with double roadblocks in an episode (meaning one hour leg.. but AR18 was a 90minutes finale...?) which are AR16 and AR18 and both instances, the racer who did the first RB cannot do the second RB. I know there have been instances where there are two roadblocks in a double length leg, but that does not count... there were two detours in the double length legs as well... if you get what I mean. :tup:

Also,

It says Bangkok on the board. So i'm pretty sure the twins are trying to catch a bus Phuket >> Bangkok. You can see it more clearly in the video.

Next, the preview sort of said teams had an elephant ride... "Bangkok style"... but another preview said as teams travel to Bangkok... with teams seen riding on the elephant. The logical thing would of course be teams go for an elephant ride in Phuket, then travel to Bangkok. This would fit in to the timeline nicely and satisfy both the fact that teams ride Elephants "Bangkok style" (why Bangkok style I do not know) and teams TRAVELLING to Bangkok. :lol:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2011, 11:03:31 AM »
Look at the daylight in each of the Pictures:
-Ernie & Cindy and Amani & Marcus get there soon compared to...
-Liz & Marie who seem to still be there about late night (some lights are turned on in the nearby parking area).

And, peach:
I don't know if what you said is right or wrong, but there's something I don't think it's gonna happen.
PitStart>RI(Speed Bump)>RB>RB>Bus Ride, Bunch¿?>PS.

I don't know if that's gonna happen, but having a Bunch right before the Pitstop is just really annoying for those who are in the lead; however, I have to agree on this part with you; analyzing the daylight, it seems that some teams get a big lead against the twins.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2011, 11:33:18 AM »
I never mentioned bunching...

Nobody said they all had to be on the SAME bus...and since the light is SO different I expect they are NOT.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2011, 11:35:45 AM »
I never mentioned bunching...

Nobody said they all had to be on the SAME bus...and since the light is SO different I expect they are NOT.

Maybe that's it.
Is there any chance that there could be a navigation task in Bangkok?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2011, 12:09:30 PM »
This is my spec for the order so far:

(This leg is already pretty crowded even without a detour.)

Depart after an extended PitStop.

Make your way to {{spec'd}} Ton Pariwat wildlife sanctuary

Active Route Marker: both teams ride elephants through the forest

Speedbump: Liz and Marie must wash an elephant

RB: Find a wrapped bundle in a waterfall/pool and do ( unknown what with it...unless {{spec}} could this be a piece of the spirit house??)
    Seen doing this: Andy and Marcus

RB 2: Collect all the pieces needed to build a spirit house, and then take them to and assemble them at Chateau's unnamed wat!
    Seen doing this: Tommy

(somewhere in all that  (?) >>ride a jitney)

Take a looooong bus ride to Bangkok.
    Fearing they have broken the rules, one team takes a risk that could cost them the Race. {{spec by Chateau}} That this involves "first-class fares"

In Bangkok:

Liz and Marie do not have enough money for a taxi ride

Jeremy/ Sandy are lost in Bangkok while Ernie/Cindy are lost in translation, something regarding      the taxi driver refusing their US dollars.,.

All teams must feed the fish in the Bangkok Noi canal of "Wat Srisudaram" to receive their next clue...to the PITSTOP ???

Pitstop: Unknown...but teams seen near The Grand Palace (thanks Kartvelophile ) So that is my guess!

The Grand Palace has an area of 218,400 sq. metres and is surrounded by walls built in 1782. The length of the four walls is 1,900 metres. Within these walls are situated government offices and the Chapel Royal of the Emerald Buddha besides the royal residences.

Awesome DON"T MISS Virtual Tour! Click on the red numbers on the map to change locations...

http://palaces.thai.net/vt/vtgp/

EPISODE 5
Phuket, Thailand  to   Bangkok, Thailand

“I Feel Like I’m In the Circus” (Bangkok, Thailand) – Fearing they have broken the rules, one team takes a risk that could cost them the Race. Meanwhile, an unwanted speed bump turns into a dream excursion for Liz and Marie, but will it push them even farther back, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Oct. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

(This leg is already pretty crowded even without a detour.)

Depart after an extended PitStop.

ROUTE INFO: Make your way to {{spec'd}} Ton Pariwat Wildlife Sanctuary. Both teammates ride elephants through the forest.

Speed Bump: Liz and Marie have to clean up some elephants

ROADBLOCK 1: Find a wrapped bundle in a waterfall/pool and do ( unknown what with it...unless {{spec}} could this be a piece of the spirit house??)
  Andy and Marcus

ROADBLOCK 2: Collect all the pieces needed to build a spirit house, and then take them to and assemble them at "Wat in Nop Pring"

(somewhere in all that  (?) >>ride a jitney)

ROUTE INFO: Take a bus to Bangkok

"What are we doing right now?"

In Bangkok:

Liz and Marie do not have enough money for a taxi ride

Jeremy/ Sandy are lost in Bangkok while Ernie/Cindy are lost in translation, something regarding the taxi driver refusing their US dollars.,.
Lost in translation

All teams must feed the fish in the Bangkok Noi canal of "Wat Srisudaram" to receive their next clue...to the PITSTOP 

Pitstop: Unknown...but teams seen near The Grand Palace (thanks Kartvelophile ) So that is my guess!
NFL star

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2011, 12:24:59 PM »
The Amazing BANZAI!! :jumpy:

This order is teamed spec though, we'll see how close we are!   :lol:  I love screen cap analysis, look how much we found!

And Chateau has clarifed now that all the BUS scenes are in Phuket, not Bangkok as first suspected. :jam:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »
Look at it this way.  It made more sense for teams to be put on buses while Phil caught a flight from Phuket to Bangkok, so he'd be far enough ahead of the teams to get the stand-ups done, and make it to the Pit Stop before any teams.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2011, 01:34:41 PM »
Phuket was an extended pitstop of 24-26 hours...so Phil had plenty of time!
RFF's Golden Rule:

NoluckBoston

« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2011, 01:52:14 PM »
In Banzai's amazing summery...

Jeremy/ Sandy are lost in Bangkok .,.

In the clip of Jeremy and Sandy. If you look closely at the scene where the women is asking the man in the red car for directions. I think that is one of the twins and not Sandy. One of them is also wearing yellow. Also the small glimpse of her face shows that its a twin. Anyone else notice this? It looks like they spliced the two together.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2011, 01:54:48 PM »
I think that we will not have 2 roadblocks,who knows? One of that can be a route marker task or something!  (I'm so scrud for going against peach on the argument  :lol3:) We cannot have different twists like an Intersection,Fast Forward or Yield at this leg?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2011, 01:58:47 PM »
In the clip of Jeremy and Sandy. If you look closely at the scene where the women is asking the man in the red car for directions. I think that is one of the twins and not Sandy. One of them is also wearing yellow. Also the small glimpse of her face shows that its a twin. Anyone else notice this? It looks like they spliced the two together.

I definitely agree with this.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2011, 02:00:45 PM »
We didn't have a whole lot in the way of spoilers for this leg, so most of what we have comes from the incredible team here!! Thanks to everyone for all the promo/vidcap analysis, and the timelines, and the hours of "playing with the elephants"!!

Much to watch tonight, I am interested to see how close (or not) we are!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »
Alright,i wrong,your all right.  :groan:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »
So much for the Grand Palace. :lol3:

Otherwise good job everyone!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2011, 08:26:25 PM »
Peach, I need to start adorating you. :lol: Well, and the rest of forumers (but after this afternoon's discussion, it's for you)

I mean, how could you crack it so bad? Congrats everyone! Even though this is one of the worst legs I've ever seen. Sorry, but effort has not been the thing that made the winners win and the losers lose.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »
What madness is this? What a weird leg :lol: The fish thing is the dumbest task ever invented by TAR. I'm still confused with the order of the bus arrivals and why the top four were in their positions.

Let's hope the next one is better. I don't like these no skill, luck based legs.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2011, 08:40:25 PM »
I'll buy in on this being the leg Phil referred to as having to be redone at the last minute. I'm wondering if teams would have otherwise flown out of Thailand from Phuket to a mystery country before they headed to Malawi?

It sure did look as if these tasks were certainly one that were easy enough to work in at the last minute with some contingency planning, but the pacing was unusual.

I'm not bothered by Andy and Tommy's talking about their faith, because it seemed to be something production brought up in their confessional interview, and wasn't something they were raising with the other Racers and the locals. It really doesn't seem to be a factor in anything that happened in this leg. The only reason I can think of to use it was because of Justin/Jennifer's mention of respecting Buddhism in the spirit house task and wanting others to do the same had those others gone into their church. Otherwise that was a odd editing choice.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Elven6

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2011, 08:55:34 PM »
It was a pretty weird leg, it felt like all the control the racers had was put into the hands of their rides. I'd also would have liked to see what happened during the bus rides that screwed up the order so nicely.

Not sure if it's mentioned here but Ernie and Cindy originally were underpaying their cab by about $50, $150 USD roughly converts to 4,500 Baht. So much for all the insults...

I can't really blame Andy and Tommy for talking about their faith since they were likely asked questions about it hence why they brought it up, I just didn't like how the production team handled it. It's almost like they wanted to take a really likable team and split their audience over what some could deem as controversial remarks. Kind of like the Dumbledore controversy with Jeff during the latest season of Big Brother, maybe a ratings thing?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2011, 09:00:07 PM »
I didn't really get offended by Andy and Tommy's comments... they're right, as Christians they would have felt uncomfortable doing it but they are not wrong in saying something like "God is God" and He'll understand why they're doing that Roadblock. It's really probably just the edit.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2011, 09:01:43 PM »
It was a pretty weird leg, it felt like all the control the racers had was put into the hands of their rides. I'd also would have liked to see what happened during the bus rides that screwed up the order so nicely.

Not sure if it's mentioned here but Ernie and Cindy originally were underpaying their cab by about $50, $150 USD roughly converts to 4,500 Baht. So much for all the insults...

My problem is that that seems like too much for riding around in the back of a truck :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2011, 09:31:53 PM »
4500 baht seems like a huge overpaymet to me, for what was a couple of hours and not much that mileage. I think they saw cameras and the prices went up. Interesting that no one negotiated a fee BEFORE getting in a cab? I never took one without a meter without having an agreement...

And yes , this was the "missed" leg,so really we have to give TPTB kudos for pulling a leg together on no notice.

I still don't get the insistence on thiis being the Bangkok leg though... :duno:

Now...that Temple....CHANG something??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2011, 09:57:23 PM »
I thought you guys were joking about the name yesterday. Chateau already had it: Wat Chanathikaram, north of Nop Pring. The shop is another matter.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2011, 10:23:03 PM »
And googling that Wat gives me pretty much zwro...no wonder we couldn't find it!!  It doesn't come up on the Wat databases that I can see.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2011, 10:23:41 PM »
What about the elephant location??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2011, 10:29:07 PM »
Is this it?

Sa Nang Manora Forest Park

or this?
ao phang nga national park
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:33:31 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule: