Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 5 "I Feel Like I'm in the Circus" (Bangkok, Thailand)  (Read 60222 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 19 EP 5 "I Feel Like I'm in the Circus" (Bangkok, Thailand)
« on: October 06, 2011, 08:27:37 PM »
Thanks to flamant777 for the title find!!

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/amazing-race-19-2011/episode-5-season-19/i-feel-like-im-in-the-circus-bangkok-thailand/327343

TEAMS RACE TO BANGKOK WHERE ONE TEAM, FEARING THEY HAVE BROKEN THE RULES, TAKES A RISK THAT COULD COST THEM THE GAME, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, OCT. 23

CHEAT TWEET: After being saved, Liz&Marie have an extra task. Can they make up time or fall farther behind? #AmazingRace 10/23  http://bit.ly/r7u2oj

“I Feel Like I’m In the Circus” (Bangkok, Thailand) – Fearing they have broken the rules, one team takes a risk that could cost them the Race. Meanwhile, an unwanted speed bump turns into a dream excursion for Liz and Marie, but will it push them even farther back, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Oct. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 01:43:50 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 19 EP 5 "I Feel Like I'm in the Circus" (Bangkok, Thailand)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 08:30:25 PM »
PREVIEW!! Thanks to TL!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ndi-dqVuHmU?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ndi-dqVuHmU?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

PROMO!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P1sQJzsijQ8?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/P1sQJzsijQ8?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

PROMO--Version 2! Thanks TL for the capture!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rY_okfP5Y48?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rY_okfP5Y48?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

PIP

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/owf8tf2_fSo?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/owf8tf2_fSo?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 07:48:08 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 08:30:43 PM »
We don't have a regular Timeline for this week as most of our spoilers came from vidcap analysis.

So based on those, here is our SPEC'd Timeline!

Depart after an extended PitStop
Make your way to {{spec'd}} Ton Pariwat (??) wildlife sanctuary

Active Route Marker: both teams ride elephants through the forest

Speedbump: Liz and Marie must wash an elephant

RB: Find a wrapped bundle in a waterfall/pool and do ( unknown) what with it   
    Seen doing this: Andy and Marcus

RB 2: Collect all the pieces needed to build a spirit house, and then take them to and assemble them at Chateau's unnamed wat!
    Seen doing this: Tommy

(somewhere in all that  (?) >>ride a jitney)

Take a looooong 15 hour bus ride to Bangkok.

Liz and Marie do not have enough money for a taxi ride

Fearing they have broken the rules, one team takes a risk that could cost them the Race.      
     {{spec by Chateau}} That this involves "first-class fares"

In Bangkok:
  Jeremy/ Sandy are lost in Bangkok while Ernie/Cindy are lost in translation, something regarding      the taxi driver refusing their US dollars.,.

All teams must feed the fish in the Bangkok Noi canal of "Wat Srisudaram" to receive their next clue...to the PITSTOP ???

Pitstop: Unknown...but teams seen near The Grand Palace (thanks Kartvelophile )

The Grand Palace has an area of 218,400 sq. metres and is surrounded by walls built in 1782. The length of the four walls is 1,900 metres. Within these walls are situated government offices and the Chapel Royal of the Emerald Buddha besides the royal residences.

Awesome DON"T MISS Virtual Tour! Click on the red numbers on the map to change locations...

http://palaces.thai.net/vt/vtgp/

« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:49:07 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 08:31:12 PM »
BANZAI's FABULOUS GIF SUMMARY!!

EPISODE 5
Phuket, Thailand  to   Bangkok, Thailand
“I Feel Like I'm In the Circus” (Bangkok, Thailand) – Fearing they have broken the rules, one team takes a risk that could cost them the Race. Meanwhile, an unwanted speed bump turns into a dream excursion for Liz and Marie, but will it push them even farther back, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Oct. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

Depart after an extended PitStop.

ROUTE INFO: Make your way to {{spec'd}} Ton Pariwat Wildlife Sanctuary. Both teammates ride elephants through the forest.

Speed Bump: Liz and Marie have to clean up some elephants

ROADBLOCK 1: Find a wrapped bundle in a waterfall/pool and do (unknown) what with it...
  Andy and Marcus

ROADBLOCK 2: Collect all the pieces needed to build a spirit house, and then take them to and assemble them at "Wat in Nop Pring"

(somewhere in all that  (?) >>ride a jitney)

ROUTE INFO: Take a bus to Bangkok

"What are we doing right now?"

In Bangkok:

Liz and Marie do not have enough money

Jeremy/ Sandy are lost in Bangkok while Ernie/Cindy are lost in translation, something regarding the taxi driver refusing their US dollars.,.
Lost in translation

All teams must feed the fish in the Bangkok Noi canal of "Wat Srisudaram" to receive their next clue...to the PITSTOP 

Pitstop: Unknown...but teams seen near The Grand Palace (thanks Kartvelophile ) NFL star
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:13:47 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 10:09:34 PM »
MAPS, need some MAPS!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:50:00 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »
Preview CAPS!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 10:51:37 PM »
I do love elly-phunts!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 11:03:53 PM »
They're standing at the Phuket bus terminal (compare the signs in the background; for some reason Mapjack linking isn't working). The bus goes south to Hatyai; maybe the elephant ride is close/enroute?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:34:28 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 11:27:46 PM »
They're standing at the Phuket bus terminal (compare the signs in the background; for some season Mapjack linking isn't working). The bus goes south to Hatyai; maybe the elephant ride is close/enroute?

Wow good spot on the bus! I believe going through Hat Yai is either the only way or by far the quickest way to get to Bangkok. Hat Yai is southern Thailand's primary transport hub.

Also I'm willing to bet that one of the twins says the title quote in reference to the all the locals that will be staring at them!

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 11:49:55 PM »
They're standing at the Phuket bus terminal (compare the signs in the background; for some season Mapjack linking isn't working). The bus goes south to Hatyai; maybe the elephant ride is close/enroute?

Wow good spot on the bus! I believe going through Hat Yai is either the only way or by far the quickest way to get to Bangkok. Hat Yai is southern Thailand's primary transport hub.

Also I'm willing to bet that one of the twins says the title quote in reference to the all the locals that will be staring at them!

Or maybe while riding the elephants  :)
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 12:00:33 AM »
You can experiment with different transport options at this site. The last 443 bus of the day is at 21:30 and the fare is about 11 USD. (Btw, "we have to get on that bus" is a VO; it's probably the 443 but they could be talking about the bus to Bangkok)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 08:32:49 AM »
The ghost of Mallory has returned!

"I Feel Like I'm in the Circus" :lol:

Offline Ouagadougou

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 08:54:55 AM »
Hi...

I dont know if my speculations are accurate... i was wondering based on the map...

1. Traveling  from Ko Panyyi ( i don't think that this will be the starting line) ... to a bus station directly to hat yai... i think the nearest and easiest to go is in phangnga or krabi... if they will go to hat yai... cause it follows more directly than Phuket, but i think from phuket to hat yai is good... if you can imagine the map... they will travel by bus from phuket to hat yai in curving direction passing phangnga, near krabi, trang and into the songkhla region...

2. There might be possibilities that the starting line might be not in ko panyyi (either in phangnga or phuket)... or near to it in order to go to hat yai... racing to hat yai is about 150-200 miles either phangnga or phuket... if by bus... in boat... it is less than 180 miles...

3. Hat Yai - bangkok... by bus is about  450-500 miles....

4. And hat yai, songkhla to bangkok.. is way too cool... to travel.. from nearing the southernmost part to the more central part... with more curving direction...

5. The elephant transportation might be somewhere along Songkhla or northern part of krung thep... ( i just miss the Elephants in Chiang Mai... my favorite place)

however, it is just my speculation...

the Amazing Racer will race for an adventure of a lifetime....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 09:01:40 AM »
Thanks Amazing Racer!

We do believe teams travel by bus to Bangkok..... and the episode title sure says Bangkok.

But jungle/rain forest elephant riding sure isn't happening there!! :lol:

Interesting to see how fast and well production pulled these two legs off, due to the unexpected and last minute route change! A nice long bus ride for teams would buy them some time....

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ouagadougou

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 10:19:56 AM »
Oh... i think i fouond something in the net... i hope this will help...

Ahmm... i think my speculation might be this.... the Elephant Transportation might be in hat yai... where they will go to either a house or a temple or a group of people... before they will be in bangkok...  because the departure might be in the night time... to take a bus from phuket to hat yai... 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 01:32:22 PM »
TEAMS RACE TO BANGKOK WHERE ONE TEAM, FEARING THEY HAVE BROKEN THE RULES, TAKES A RISK THAT COULD COST THEM THE GAME, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, OCT. 23

“I Feel Like I’m In the Circus” (Bangkok, Thailand) – Fearing they have broken the rules, one team takes a risk that could cost them the Race. Meanwhile, an unwanted speed bump turns into a dream excursion for Liz and Marie, but will it push them even farther back, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Oct. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 01:33:56 PM »
Liz and Marie said in the preview said they couldn't afford to buy "another ticket" I think they may think they were not allowed to take a bus and got off because it looked like it was about to leave.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 03:08:32 PM »
TEAMS RACE TO BANGKOK WHERE ONE TEAM, FEARING THEY HAVE BROKEN THE RULES, TAKES A RISK THAT COULD COST THEM THE GAME

I'm afraid I can already see what this is referring to!   (:;)

Look at these bus schedules.  They often say 1st class, 2nd class, etc.  for the rides.  I bet the "fear" is that the TAR restriction on 1st class  air travel may have been misconstrued.   :duno:

A team could take the 1st class ride and somewhere en route decide to bail.   :groan:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Ouagadougou

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 08:21:53 PM »

From the bus station... There is an increase the chances that liz and marie... made a mistake because of the bus they take, getting a ticket in 1st class rather than the 2nd class... The bigger point there is.... How come Liz and Marie had problems in the money?... in my own side of my mind... i think it is in the bus station that they paid 1st class rather than 2nd class... and found out that they need to get a 2nd class bus, which if they will take the risk to get into that 1st class bus, that will a critical mistake... I think that their money for the Bangkok leg might be around $50-70....

NoluckBoston

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 10:18:02 PM »

How come Liz and Marie had problems in the money?...

In the last episode they mention that they did not swap there Indonesian money for Thai.

Offline Ouagadougou

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 11:32:21 PM »

I think that was the problem... They forgot to change money.... now i remember...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 11:52:55 AM »
How come Liz and Marie had problems in the money?...

In the last episode they mention that they did not swap there Indonesian money for Thai.

I thought it had to do with the fact that they need to buy another ticket.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 02:24:31 PM »

Baloney! I beg to differ with that judgment. Just look at a road map of Thailand. Hat Yai is quite east and a little south of Phuket. It takes 6 hours by bus to get from Phuket to Hat Yai and when you arrive you are farther from Bangkok. From Hat Yai to Phuket you take route 4 through Krabi and then continue on route 4 mostly west to Phuket. From Phuket you go north on route 4 and continue in that direction or branch off to other routes going north (such as 44).

So, I do not quarrel with your statement that Hat Yai is southern Thailand's primary transport hub. However, nonstop buses from Phuket will not be routed that way.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 02:40:13 PM »
New promo up in post 2!! Washing elephants!! :yess:

Caps to follow...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 02:55:09 PM »
There's a lot of stuff in that promo. Washing elephants is the twins' Speed Bump? And I'm also amazed as to how much the promos focus on Amani and Marcus.

This must be the roadblock but what is it? A bird house? :lol:

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:03:08 PM by Prophet »