Author Topic: TAR 20 Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 57167 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 Pre-Race Speculation
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 10:27:10 PM »
It took awhile to find a photo...this would have been way sooner than we were expecting...but keeps us on our toes!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Ouagadougou

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 09:37:43 AM »
Hello... I am new here in this site... I am from the Philippines... A fan of Amazing Race from US to China Rush...

I hope that for the next season of Amazing Race 20, it must be more thrill, excitement, more difficult challenges, more countries and cities to visit, more learning to all people... I think that the 20th race might start their filming either from November 25-29 this year.   
the Amazing Racer will race for an adventure of a lifetime....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 12:23:34 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, Amazing Racer!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Ouagadougou

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 09:50:12 AM »
 :) thanks georgia peach...

any way... my senses told me...

What will happen to the new 20th installment in TAR???

these are my predictions:

Location for the race:
1. The starting line is either washington or california...
2. South America might be only 2 or 1 leg... very old countries... but 1 might be in venezuela or guyana
3. Central America - only 1- Costa Rica or Puerto Rico
4. Europe: The small countries will be ever visited; a leg in Italy... pisa or turin is possible; A little in the Central and Eastern Europe will be visited- Zagreb or sofia
Africa: is in my state of imbalance bacause there be no african leg... but if there is: MOROCCO or ANGOLA can be the best places to race
5. Middle East: Israel is in my prediction- Tel Aviv Yafo and Jerusalem about 50%
6. India: Needs some rest
7. Laos or Bhutan will be  visited: 1 leg
8. Philippines is in balance... but in increase prediction to be visited: 2 legs
9. China: needs rest... but if there are no choices to go for... jilin or guandong is possible
10. New Zealand is either the first or the final country for final 3... Papua New Guinea or Fiji... will be 20-30% be visited...
11. Finish Line: A Park in California or Seattle... New York City is in my prediction...

Teams:
11 teams are:
less couples and dating
more best friends
1 or 2 parent and siblings
some are professionals in their field... mostly will be medical
one european team member..
one asian team member..

The Race Content:
little or no u turn....
hard speed bump
A possible new version twist for The Hazard... a more similar like a speed bump but it goes like this... Somewhere along the leg of the Race, there is a hazard... Any Team may use the power of the Hazard only once... If a team hits a hazard... They must complete a task by themselves, simple or hard,... while the others are still racing...
More difficult detour
There is one Roadblock in this season that is much more harder and is equivalent to a hay task in vasby, sweden (season 6 and 15)

My Predictions....
the Amazing Racer will race for an adventure of a lifetime....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 03:37:23 PM »
From this article on Phil helping out with the NZ oil spill:

Keoghan was in the country for only 72 hours before flying back to Los Angeles, where shooting for his reality television show was set to restart.

http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/news/celebrity-rescue/1149230/

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2011, 03:39:04 PM »
Does that mean the Race?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 05:34:07 PM »
Intersection with TAR Aus anyone?  :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 05:35:01 PM »

That would be cool! The 20th season could celebrate other versions!

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 03:27:14 PM »
I feel all kinds of dirty just posting this...
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2011/10/27/2011-10-27_rachel_uchitel_former_tiger_woods_mistress_denies_gossip_magazine_reports_that_s.html

Rachel Uchitel, former Tiger Woods mistress, dodges pregnancy rumors

BY Nancy Dillon
DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF

Thursday, October 27th 2011, 8:05 AM

Rachel Uchitel, former Tiger Woods mistress, is reportedly pregnant, according to Life & Style.

LOS ANGELES - If Rachel Uchitel is pregnant, she's certainly not saying.

The former paramour of PGA great Tiger Woods acted surprised Wednesday when asked about an exclusive Life & Style report that she's got a bun in the oven.

"What? Where are you reading that?" she replied in a text message to the Daily News.

She then said she was about to take a flight and referred all questions to her publicist.

Spokeswoman Valerie Allen did not immediately respond to a call seeking comment.

Life & Style said the former New York nightlife hostess learned she was expecting her first child when she auditioned for "The Amazing Race" with her new hubby Matt Hahn.

"They were going to try out to be a couple on the show, and when she had a drug test, it came back positive that she's pregnant," an unnamed source told the magazine.

Uchitel and Hahn married Oct. 2 in a small, surprise ceremony in Las Vegas, she previously told The News.

Yuck!  :groan: Now I have to go wash my hands and keyboard.

From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 04:02:37 PM »
From this article on Phil helping out with the NZ oil spill:

Keoghan was in the country for only 72 hours before flying back to Los Angeles, where shooting for his reality television show was set to restart.

http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/news/celebrity-rescue/1149230/

So, does this mean that TAR20 will start filming this week, or most probably next week?? ???  :wohoo:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 04:05:58 PM »
Since Phil is now a co-Executive Producer, it more likely means he's needed to help work on the upcoming filming for next season. The end of October for filming is a little early for spring cycles, unless there's a location the show wants to get to and an earlier start would accommodate that. (Speculation -- Nepal, anyone? :) )
-- theschnauzers

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 05:00:50 PM »

That would be cool! The 20th season could celebrate other versions!
that woould be cool

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2011, 10:18:22 PM »
Personally, I think that the race will start in Europe, most likely in a Mediterranean country (those are way overdue - not visited since TAR12 with Italy), probably Spain or (maybe and) Italy.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2011, 08:14:58 AM »
Here's something interesting from Phil:

@evandrigp Why when you visit jakarta you didn't made a leg or a single clue ...rush to yogyakarta ? >>> we will be back, love #Indonesia

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2011, 07:25:32 AM »

@evandrigp Why when you visit jakarta you didn't made a leg or a single clue ...rush to yogyakarta ? >>> we will be back, love #Indonesia
That would be really odd if they didn't visit a country for 18 seasons and then decided to go there on back-to-back seasons. It's quite interesting, but I'm inclined to think that perhaps Phil is referring to a future season? Who knows - stranger things have happened and I wouldn't mind more Indonesia!!! :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2011, 10:04:37 AM »

That would be really odd if they didn't visit a country for 18 seasons and then decided to go there on back-to-back seasons. It's quite interesting, but I'm inclined to think that perhaps Phil is referring to a future season? Who knows - stranger things have happened and I wouldn't mind more Indonesia!!! :duno:
However, I think that it's a little bit weird that TAR haven't planned any leg in Jakarta, which is the capital city of Indonesia. (Other than TAR Asia of course)

Because, when TAR goes to a new country, usually they plan at least one full leg in the capital city of that country before going to other places.. CMIIW  :)

And also, Indonesia has many great places to visit, especially outside the island of Java...

So, I really want them to design a leg or two in Indonesia in TAR 20 or future season.. :hrt:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 03:02:51 AM »

Because, when TAR goes to a new country, usually they plan at least one full leg in the capital city of that country before going to other places.. CMIIW  :)

It's what usually happens, but sometimes it don't. It has been like what, 3-4 visits to Brazil in 18 seasons, with multiple visits to Rio de Janeiro, we've yet to see Brasilia, which still has a lot of iconic arquitecture despite being a very boring place.

I'm still very curious if we'll get something special theme wise being it the 20th season of the show.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011, 06:17:51 AM »

It's what usually happens, but sometimes it don't. It has been like what, 3-4 visits to Brazil in 18 seasons, with multiple visits to Rio de Janeiro, we've yet to see Brasilia, which still has a lot of iconic arquitecture despite being a very boring place.

I'm still very curious if we'll get something special theme wise being it the 20th season of the show.

I really hope the twentieth season celebrates everything TAR has given us so far by creating at least 2-3 Switchbacks (or more) of some of the most iconic TAR challenges - I could list a thousand different challenges that would make good Switchbacks, but my frontrunner is the Champagne Towers from TAR16, except making it a Roadblock.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011, 04:30:45 PM »

I really hope the twentieth season celebrates everything TAR has given us so far by creating at least 2-3 Switchbacks (or more) of some of the most iconic TAR challenges - I could list a thousand different challenges that would make good Switchbacks, but my frontrunner is the Champagne Towers from TAR16, except making it a Roadblock.
Why? Just wondering. That task didn't seem very memorable.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2011, 05:12:08 PM »
I think we will be starting at Europe.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline tea4me

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »
I hear on Twitter that Rachel and Brendon will be on TAR, Please tell me this is just a rumor! I would hate to see them again, What is the chance of a All-Star season?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2011, 10:22:03 PM »
NOT an AllStars.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tea4me

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2011, 10:24:38 PM »
Okay, No allstars now I hope the rumor of Rachel and Brendon is wrong! I really would like to see new people.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2011, 10:37:02 PM »
let check this rummor twiter any one see if their way

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2011, 11:21:10 PM »
I hear on Twitter that Rachel and Brendon will be on TAR, Please tell me this is just a rumor! I would hate to see them again, What is the chance of a All-Star season?

maybe its just a cameo like a team(forgot who) were hot dog vendors on tar family