Author Topic: The Blog of 1st Episode  (Read 3847 times)

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
The Blog of 1st Episode
« on: September 27, 2011, 04:26:54 PM »
Fellow RFFers!

I AM BACK! I miss you guys! Well, not all of you guys ;-) whoever talked trash about me!  :lol3:

I thought I would pass it along about my 1st episode blog.

http://deafracer.blogspot.com/2011/09/i-lost-my-passport.html

Hope all are well with you guys!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: The Blog of 1st Episode
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 04:30:47 PM »
Hey Luke! :waves: Great blog!

I like the idea of giving the EP to a "weak" team to possibly knock off someone else. If I were in their shoes though I would wonder if I might be sorry if they somehow used it to beat me. But sometimes I wonder if it is better for teams to not have the EP because they always think about whether they should use it on a task. And they might not race as hard because they think they can save themselves with it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 05:27:57 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 05:00:59 PM »
Nice job, Luke!!!!
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 05:16:52 PM »
Cool, I always enjoy reading blogs by former racers!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 11:21:26 AM »
Deaf Racer,

Thank you for your thoughts on episode 1 of AR19. I enjoyed them a lot. I would like to take a moment to focus on one of your comments:
"Ernie and Cindy were pretty smart enough to write a clue down. I cannot recall if few other teams did the same thing but I know there were few teams that did not write the clue down. I know it is not easy to write Chinese words down. But, it's better to play safe to have a clue written down!"

Now, did you not have a Calligraphy task in AR14 episode 9 in Guilin? Could you have managed to copy them if they were 20 yards away and 20 feet high instead of on a table where you could practically trace them? I think you are far too hard on all the AR19 teams besides Cindy's. She after all is of Chinese descent so it should have been much easier for her.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 11:35:06 AM »
Hey Luke,

I tend to read TV website reviews just to get somebody else's take on the race, but hearing directly what someone who's actually been on the Race thinks is 1000 times more interesting!

Hope you're well man

Dom

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 12:05:54 PM »
Thanks Luke!! Great job!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 01:49:52 PM »
Deaf Racer,

Thank you for your thoughts on episode 1 of AR19. I enjoyed them a lot. I would like to take a moment to focus on one of your comments:
"Ernie and Cindy were pretty smart enough to write a clue down. I cannot recall if few other teams did the same thing but I know there were few teams that did not write the clue down. I know it is not easy to write Chinese words down. But, it's better to play safe to have a clue written down!"

Now, did you not have a Calligraphy task in AR14 episode 9 in Guilin? Could you have managed to copy them if they were 20 yards away and 20 feet high instead of on a table where you could practically trace them? I think you are far too hard on all the AR19 teams besides Cindy's. She after all is of Chinese descent so it should have been much easier for her.

The racers can always ask the locals to write it down as well   :lol:

I wouldn't feel comfortable to run around with no clue in my hand. If I couldn't copy it down then I'll get locals to write it down. There's no guarantee the cab driver will speak English!

Producers probably should had the signs dangling 20 feet above in air when we did Calligraphy task.   Jen and I probably would have pushed each other even more!  :lol3:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 03:16:12 PM »
Hey Luke, I was in Copenhagen and spoke to some Danes who were watching TAR18 episode Kolkata on their local cable.  They were very sympathetic to your liquid Roadblock!   :swim
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders